• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dupes are back in full force, they must have changed something in the latest update.

How many blue & white items are left to unlock for you? I don't have much left personally, and I got my first dupe in a while in my last box.

"No dupes" doesn't mean that once you unlock every whites & blues, you'll be getting only purples and legendaries.

LiK

It doesn't seem as bad as before, but I'm getting them pretty regularly now, as opposed to literally zero for a month or so.

I'm still missing a bunch of skins and constantly getting dupes is annoying. I don't care about getting lootboxes anymore since it's just dupes all over again.

Blues1990

I've been practicing with McCree in FFA Deathmatch, and while it's taking a while to get used to his kit, he's a lot of fun to play. I love how his revolver feels like the one from the Half-Life series.

I've been getting them for a while even during the event. I think once you got a certain amount of lootboxes, the dupes return. Seems like it was all smoke and mirrors about getting no more dupes.

I think it's just a side effect of Blizzard refusing to add any new items to the base game that aren't tied to events. People who regularly play the game are eventually just going to run out of stuff to get. Hell, I'm only a four-star bronze border and the only characters I don't have 60+ items for are Doomfist, Orisa, and Sombra.

Until Blizzard actually adds permanent new items to the game, no matter the algorithm every regular player is eventually gonna hit dupe city.

Sande

Who would have though that narrow tubes designed for pushing a cart are kind of garbage for FFA?

High TTK and FFA overall feel like a bad combination. It's so easy to swoop in at the last second and kill both players in a duel.

LiK

😭😭😭

When will Overwatch TBH

Make some Menat nude skins.

I think it's just a side effect of Blizzard refusing to add any new items to the base game that aren't tied to events. People who regularly play the game are eventually just going to run out of stuff to get. Hell, I'm only a four-star bronze border and the only characters I don't have 60+ items for are Doomfist, Orisa, and Sombra.

Until Blizzard actually adds permanent new items to the game, no matter the algorithm every regular player is eventually gonna hit dupe city.

I'm still missing a bunch of stuff.

antitrop

I wonder if Mercy players will still be as friendly in FFA Deathmatch after the patch goes up. In my experiences they've been the most likely to honor a truce and not shoot me.
They're just reworking her Ult, not giving her a BFG.

I can't tell if there is a hidden MMR in arcade, can't say I bother to check people's rank to see if there is a trend but there doesn't seem to be one
I'm pretty sure QP and Arcade MMRs are just one in the same.

I'm still missing a bunch of stuff.

Me too, but 95% of what I'm missing is either epic, legendary, or event-exclusive. Blizzard changing the dupe algorithm didn't mean they were changing their overall loot box algorithm - epics and legendaries are still going to drop infrequently but the chance of the ones you do get being dupes are probably significantly lowered. I think I've gotten one epic/legendary dupe since their rework and it was an event emote.

LordofPwn

I haven't had a loot box drop with more than 2 dupes since they changed the loot boxes. I'm pretty sure I have all of the player icons that can drop so I get dupes there, and skins. I have well over 50% of all items now though so dupes are not surprising to me.

antitrop

Junkertown today or nah?
There's scheduled maintenance for 10pm PDT tomorrow, so possibly then.

I've been figuring the new map and Mercy/DVa changes would all come together next week. They've still been making changes to DVa and Mercy on PTR, so I seriously doubt those will be this week.

I've been figuring the new map and Mercy/DVa changes would all come together next week. They've still been making changes to DVa and Mercy on PTR, so I seriously doubt those will be this week.

Oh ok, guess 1 more week ain't so bad.

I wonder what % of the user base will be lost to Destiny 2. I dunno how big the crossover is but I feel like there could be some general shrinkage to the casual players who main Hanzo.

Chance

What were the Mercy changes? I heard they nerfed her speed while airborne but didn't hear anything about a Valkyrie blaster nerf (which is what everyone agrees she requires).

Has the gun been adjusted? If so, how?

antitrop

What were the Mercy changes? I heard they nerfed her speed while airborne but didn't hear anything about a Valkyrie blaster nerf (which is what everyone agrees she requires).

Has the gun been adjusted? If so, how?
The only thing they kept about the pistol was infinite ammo during ult. She no longer does increased damage or has an increased fire rate.

Those nerfs were obviously going to happen after all those Nano Mercy clips went viral on the day she went up on PTR. It only took them like a day or two to nerf the shit out of her.

They also buffed PTR DVa's Defense Matrix regeneration speed, which probably makes her OP as fuck now.

LordofPwn

I wonder what % of the user base will be lost to Destiny 2. I dunno how big the crossover is but I feel like there could be some general shrinkage to the casual players who main Hanzo.

I'm guessing player base will drop quite a bit on console, but wont affect PC until D2 launches on PC. I'll be taking a break but will come back for Halloween event and S7 placements

Chance

The only thing they kept about the pistol was infinite ammo during ult. She no longer does increased damage or has an increased fire rate.

Those nerfs were obviously going to happen after all those Nano Mercy clips went viral on the day she went up on PTR. It only took them like a day or two to nerf the shit out of her.

They also buffed PTR DVa's Defense Matrix regeneration speed, which probably makes her OP as fuck now.

Hm. Imo should still have either increased firing speed or increased damage but not both :( not having to reload is a pretty crap buff from the ult.

Oh well >.< thanks Anti!

Prelude.

How many blue & white items are left to unlock for you? I don't have much left personally, and I got my first dupe in a while in my last box.

"No dupes" doesn't mean that once you unlock every whites & blues, you'll be getting only purples and legendaries.
I didn't check everything, but less than I thought. That makes more sense now.
I have way more icons than I expected.

From the launch of the game they added as non-seasonal items:

- 2 Rein skins
- Diablo sprays
- Sitting/Laughing emotes
- D.Va's gaming emote
- Reaper's Shrug
- HotS stuff

That's it? (items included with a new hero release don't count)

I didn't check everything, but less than I thought. That makes more sense now.
I have way more icons than I expected.

From the launch of the game they added as non-seasonal items:

- 2 Rein skins
- Diablo sprays
- Sitting/Laughing emotes
- D.Va's gaming emote
- Reaper's Shrug
- HotS stuff

That's it? (items included with a new hero release don't count)

I could swear Tracer's Finger Gun emote wasn't in the game at launch too

Turns out I'm a decent Ana again. Not good, but decent. Too many mobile heroes in the meta right now for me to want to use her often though. Nano Boosting Tracers is hilariously underrated.

Bogus

^ looks fantastic

That's amazing! I vote for both!

Damn, that looks nice as shit. Great job.

Thanks fam! Wrapped this up, figured I'd share it (just noticed for the first time that Imgur compresses / artifacts images, wacky):

CVwWbsl.jpg

Prelude.

These have been the worst placements I ever did, as a recap:

4 wins: 2 good games, 1 stomp, 1 trainwreck of toxicity
1 draw: awful, awful comp until we got to the draw round and suddenly everyone didn't wanna lose
5 losses: 3 intentional throwers, 2 "lul, what's the point? Do I have to stand on it?"

I finished last season trying to get to diamond in the last few days and reached 2949.

Now I placed:

Thank you, Papa Jeph. My last minute grind and these shit placements weren't in vain, my efforts have been rewarded.
Now I'm so close to 3k I'm scared to play my first game, lose and go back to plat again, lul.

Edit: Yep, lost. 2985. I've never seen a team being able to cap a point until 99.7% and not get it.

Edit 2: Back to 3007, fuck these games for now, they're so bad, damn. Everyone instalocking everything and sticking to dive comps even though they never played those characters. Maybe I shouldn't play this late until summer break ends.

Chance

These have been the worst placements I ever did, as a recap:

4 wins: 2 good games, 1 stomp, 1 trainwreck of toxicity
1 draw: awful, awful comp until we got to the draw round and suddenly everyone didn't wanna lose
5 losses: 3 intentional throwers, 2 "lul, what's the point? Do I have to stand on it?"

I finished last season trying to get to diamond in the last few days and reached 2949.

Now I placed:

Thank you, Papa Jeph. My last minute grind and these shit placements weren't in vain, my efforts have been rewarded.
Now I'm so close to 3k I'm scared to play my first game, lose and go back to plat again, lul.

Edit: Yep, lost. 2985. I've never seen a team being able to cap a point until 99.7% and not get it.

Edit 2: Back to 3007, fuck these games for now, they're so bad, damn. Everyone instalocking everything and sticking to dive comps even though they never played those characters. Maybe I shouldn't play this late until summer break ends.

Okay well first,
congratulations!

Second, no matter what happens you're ending the season with that fat Diamond paycheque. <3 <3

Prelude.

Okay well first,
congratulations!

Second, no matter what happens you're ending the season with that fat Diamond paycheque. <3 <3
Thanks. :D

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I think I'm gonna decay anyway, I don't think I feel like being forced to play 5 (?) comp games per week, but since we can drop to lower ranks after a few losses I wanted a bit more leeway.

I decided to do my placement matches with 4 wins and 6 losses and ended up with 2400 :/

I thought for sure I'd get platinum, particularly since I got 3 gold medals in each of those matches. I thought, despite losing and having some shit ass teammates, I was doing well. I guess not well enough.

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
Does anyone ever lose a half second or so when they get killed sometimes? I am wondering if my basic wireless internet is the cause of this or if its just overwatch client/server code and normal.

MCD

Get into a game with 5 stack

No invite to party. No team chat. Pick Tracer since we had two healers and two tanks so DPS is a good choice as any.

Zero heals even when I spam I need healing. Sure I'm Tracer lemme pick this health pa- oh my team took everything. Ok then. Mercy I'm here right besides you heals please? Guess not.

Lose the first round. Get a msg: u r useless.

Reason why this community is trash tier toxic.

Ok. We still have another round no worries gotta be positive and ignore this asshole. I don't throw because some asshole is toxic.

Yup. Won the round with gold elms. Easy.

Got a msg again this time from a different guy: change Tracer.

Ok. I'm a felxible dude. I look at the team again. Oh I guess we can use another healer. Pick Zen.

Discorded every tank. Healed everyone I could and didn't die on the first push. No dice. Shit damage means we lost easily.

Lost the game because of course why would I expect this shitty team to cooperate and actually protect their healer. Not even one good ult.

This was my most hated game in my entire OW career. I was ready to drop this game so hard if it were not for the next game.

No stacks. All on team chat. They all cooperated when I suggested another tank and when I said Tracer on defense is kinda questionable even if she is the strongest dps (he was a Tracer main but still). Then he swapped to Soldier immediately when he saw Pharmercy on the enemy team.

Won with a huge fucking grin. Even got a msg complimenting me even though I had no gold or anything as D.VA just doing my job as a tank.

Two games. Two completely different sides to this community.

Veelk

Banned
Hey overwatch, can you stop putting me up against the same smurf team 3 times in a row? Thanks.

Probably fucked over my placements (as much as placements can be fucked over anyway)

MCD

Hey overwatch, can you stop putting me up against the same smurf team 3 times in a row? Thanks.

Probably fucked over my placements (as much as placements can be fucked over anyway)

Try to wait after a bad match or you will queue up immediately with them again.

Top Bottom