• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I came in 1st 2 games in a row and didn't get the box.

Oh ok, definitely a bug then. That's kind of a relief, I got kinda pissed off yesterday when I was in the lead for 90% of a match, only for a Genji to beat me by 2 kills during that last 30 secs of the match.

LiK

I've had run of bad luck today, between teammates tilting, and going in by themselves, and some tough but close losses.
So I am down to 3384. Better luck tomorrow.

Let me know if you wanna duo again. Been having a lot of good games with people in different ranks lately. Reached 3 more Season highs before ending up in 2 games where we had Ana healers and oof, they were bad.

I really think Junkrat will keep her in check.

Yup, had one game over the weekend where a good Tracer was focusing on me the entire match. I had to end up focusing on trapping and killing her. Still won.

Played a solo queue Comp game last night where a Sombra kept complaining that they weren't getting any heals from me when I was solo healing Mercy and they were constantly on the other side of the map from the rest of the team. That was a new one for me.

Won two games duo queueing with Biscuit though to make up for the bad solo queue match. I'm slowing inching my way through Plat now and getting close to my career high. Season 6 has overall been a way better experience than 5 so far, although I've noticed it seems like even more people are avoiding team chat this season.

LiK

Played a solo queue Comp game last night where a Sombra kept complaining that they weren't getting any heals from me when I was solo healing Mercy and they were constantly on the other side of the map from the rest of the team. That was a new one for me.

Won two games duo queueing with Biscuit though to make up for the bad solo queue match. I'm slowing inching my way through Plat now and getting close to my career high. Season 6 has overall been a way better experience than 5 so far, although I've noticed it seems like even more people are avoiding team chat this season.

Bad Sombra player. She should be translocating back to hacked health packs or just escape while invisible. How the hell is a Mercy supposed to keep track of a Sombra running around the entire map.

So far the "worst" games I've had over the weekend was simply being in team chat where these guys whine about really stupid things. Even if it was a win, their annoying voices combined with the bitching and moaning was a major distraction. I only joined because killdatninja and his friend were on mic.

which hero gives you the most sr when won and less sr loss right now. i need to cheese my way up right now lol.

but please don't say sym or mercy.

_Legacy_

Man, gold/low plat seems like a nightmare this season. Was playing some placement games on my smurf last night and although there were no throwers or leavers, some my games were doomed from the start due to team picks.

Played a game on Eichenwald where I early pick a soldier (our only dps) and we have only one tank in Zarya with Sym, Junk and Mercy. "Ok, maybe not so bad if we get another tank", I say to myself, closely watching what the last guy picks. He of course picks Torb and we lose the first point in less than a minute, with the Junkrat dying immediately (seems to be a trend with bad Junkrats).

We're unable to push all the way when it's our turn to attack, mostly due to the rest of my team constantly mulling around for the majority of point A push. I even switched to Bastion, managed to sneak past the bridge while our Rein was distracting their team, I get 3 KILLS and I set up on the point to cap. Rest of my team didn't even follow on behind me and are still under the bridge chasing a Symmetra kill. I just think some people just lack awareness and don't pay enough attention at the lower tiers, I feel sorry for anyone trying to climb out of gold this season. I was there 3 or 4 seasons ago and it was rough at times but this season feels harder to solo carry games for some reason.

paperlynx

So many Junkrats in comp at the moment...it's been great though, I queue with a Zarya main and he's been shredding them.

Been playing ffa a bit more, I do like it but they really need to sort out the spawns. Some of them are hilariously bad, last game I player I literally spawned a couple of metres behind someone and killed them, only to have a hog spawn next to me..

Chance

i keep forgetting that i can't use trans to save others from dva ult and and junk's tire. RIP

Also pulse bomb and high noon! <3

A Rein and I actually killed a Torb through a Transcendence the other day with just normal attacks. Rein swung his hammer while I unloaded headshots and we just deleted him.

Also pulse bomb and high noon! <3

A Rein and I actually killed a Torb through a Transcendence the other day with just normal attacks. Rein swung his hammer while I unloaded headshots and we just deleted him.

basically insta kill ults lol.

one good thing is i trans near an anti widow just to save her. idk why. but it was funny lol.

she lived. but once trans ended i died.

Schlep

Rest of my team didn't even follow on behind me and are still under the bridge chasing a Symmetra kill. I just think some people just lack awareness and don't pay enough attention at the lower tiers, I feel sorry for anyone trying to climb out of gold this season. I was there 3 or 4 seasons ago and it was rough at times but this season feels harder to solo carry games for some reason.

It's really just luck of the draw at that level on whether you end up with teammates who are playing Overwatch or Call of Duty.

stop being homophobic now
This is completely unrelated to everything but Street Fighter-GAF misses you.

for_those_who_enjoy_the_men_by_gatoradepanda-dbmdlft.png

Mr Git

Just finished last two placements. Thought most of them were abysmal - either leavers on both sides, bad team or just me playing badly (latter for most). Placed at 2965. Higher than I finished last season.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do they even save Arcade stats? Shouldn't you be playing QP?

You can check stats such as Mystery Heroes if I recon.

I'm not sure if that even matter, but it doesn't stop idiots from leaving a few seconds before they lose a match. Never understood people who do that, you don't get any XP for leaving in the middle of a match, and it's not like your W/L ratio matters much in Arcade.

Shredderi

Can't they just put the fucking mercy patch live already? I'm sick and tired of team res fucking things up. It's fine just put it in and hotfix after if something is wrong with it but I don't want to wait anymore.

LiK

You can check stats such as Mystery Heroes if I recon.

I'm not sure if that even matter, but it doesn't stop idiots from leaving a few seconds before they lose a match. Never understood people who do that, you don't get any XP for leaving in the middle of a match, and it's not like your W/L ratio matters much in Arcade.

I'm curious if Arcade even matters with MMR.

Can't they just put the fucking mercy patch live already? I'm sick and tired of team res fucking things up. It's fine just put it in and hotfix after if something is wrong with it but I don't want to wait anymore.

Yep, tired of killing the entire team and still getting those team rezzes. 2CP continues to be annoying as hell because of it. Can't wait for the rework to come out.

Went on a six winning streak in comp and brought myself back to Gold. Both of my friends are Masters and whenever I play with them I have to try my best. So when I play solo the games feel so much more easy. So for now I have to aim for platinum and work my way up.

randome

I dont want my QP MMR/anything to factor into my comp score at ALL. I've always thought they don't use arcade stats for anything.

I wonder if Mercy players will still be as friendly in FFA Deathmatch after the patch goes up. In my experiences they've been the most likely to honor a truce and not shoot me.

Everyone else is pretty much a jerk.

I panicked and tried to use Doomfist's ult to get on the Lijang Tower Garden point during overtime.
I watched as I slowly slid down each panel of the roof before falling into the pit as we lost the match.

That was painful, and certainly not my proudest moment.

paperlynx

I can't tell if there is a hidden MMR in arcade, can't say I bother to check people's rank to see if there is a trend but there doesn't seem to be one

Most people I play against in arcade are diamond/high plat, the same as ranked and QP for me, so I'm guessing it still takes your hidden MMR in account.

LordofPwn

I assume there isn't any MMR tied to Arcade. Was just wondering.
I think Arcade just uses your quickplay MMR. they still want to put you into 50/50 matches but they'll have a wider range of skills than you'll find in comp.

All i know is Lucioball placements seemed to have been based on wins more than anything else.

That being said I seem to get placed with a lot of master players in QP and arcade even though I'm mid plat (at best) in comp.

LiK

I think Arcade just uses your quickplay MMR. they still want to put you into 50/50 matches but they'll have a wider range of skills than you'll find in comp.

All i know is Lucioball placements seemed to have been based on wins more than anything else.

That being said I seem to get placed with a lot of master players in QP and arcade even though I'm mid plat (at best) in comp.

Yea, same.

Duo with Owzers. The two bad losses were worth the god tier Lucio game to end it.

Where is our Ned?

He's safely keeping that 25 extra SR.

Didn't play more after the qp session.

Don't really feel like playing comp until they fix dual-zone.

they were honestly some of the worst games Ive ever played, without exagerrating at all. Like literally, with no disrespect to anyone in here, it felt like I was in Silver or below and those people had no business even being platinum. I think me and Owzers were the only diamond ranked players in majority of the games.

At first im like fine whatever... all the randoms want to instalock DPS, ill fill a need and play healer, tank or whatever knowing im probably the best DPS on the team but still Ill try to fill the roles.

Though after dealing with kids with squeaky voices, a hanzo who decided it was more important to show us a "magic trick" instead of you know helping the team I just decided to stop giving a shit and call it a night after the third match, even though we lost only 1 game.

Like the first match is Eichenwalde I think and we completely dominate on defense, Pinku as Mercy doesnt have to rez a single time. The round ends and someone on our team goes "that was really bad, it could have been better" Im thinking "what the fuck, what could be better they didnt even get a single tick so im like "yeah cool that means you guys are ready to rock and roll on attack and were going to steamroll..... wrong. Complete shitshow.

dont even want to comment on KOTH Ilios(Junkrat "buff" makes Plat/low diamond unbearable) and that last match that I decided to call it quits what was it hollywood? Yeah, terrible. 1-1-1 that should have been 3-0 if people just simply played as a team. Like you dont have to be a Grandmaster. Just fucking group up.

rant over.

I know the feeling.

And forgetting about the part about grouping up since I lost hope for that ages ago, what pisses me off the most now is how they die so fast, when the team isn't even there yet. It's like they have no notion of how much you should expose yourself, let's just go feed 24/7.

Arcade is very lax in terms of mm, it's probably like a 1000 sr range.

I don't think there's matchmaking at all, at least in mystery heroes. When comp was in off-season I got top 500 and silver players in the same match. And it was finding games pretty fast so I don't think it was because shortage of players.

TrueBlue

The regular maps do feel a little crowbarred in. Should have made some tweaks to the maps for better spawns if they wanted to implement them.

caesar

Banned
It's bad. The spawn points are a mess in them.

Yeah, and on a lot of them the highground is way too strong. Example soldier on dorado bridge.

On chateau you can win with many different heroes such as cree,junk, hog, hanzo, doomfist because wow its actually balanced specifically for deathmatch. But now there's like a 1/7 chance you get that map it just seems so stupid of blizzard.

Prelude.

I don't think there's matchmaking at all, at least in mystery heroes. When comp was in off-season I got top 500 and silver players in the same match. And it was finding games pretty fast so I don't think it was because shortage of players.
2000 range, 1000 more/less than you. I've never seen bronze players.

LordofPwn

Also keep in mind that when people group up that group would get averaged. so theoretically a top 500 could party up with bronze and be matched with golds. Only time I've seen a silver player in QP/Arcade has been when they were grouped with someone else.

Then again according to Overwatch tracker my QP win % is like 73%.

LiK

Dupes are back in full force, they must have changed something in the latest update.

I've been getting them for a while even during the event. I think once you got a certain amount of lootboxes, the dupes return. Seems like it was all smoke and mirrors about getting no more dupes.

Prelude.

I've been getting them for a while even during the event. I think once you got a certain amount of lootboxes, the dupes return. Seems like it was all smoke and mirrors about getting no more dupes.
You were getting 3-4 dupes per box during the event?

LiK

You were getting 3-4 dupes per box during the event?

Yup, Bought 50 pack and had zero dupes and got all the event items in it. After 10 more boxes or so from leveling up, it was nothing but all dupes with a few new things. So far, it's been nothing but dupes. I have so much credit now.

TrueBlue

Might be placebo, but I've noticed that I seem to be getting a few more coin drops from lootboxes over the last day or two. Anyone else?

Prelude.

Yup, Bought 50 pack and had zero dupes and got all the event items in it. After 10 more boxes or so from leveling up, it was nothing but all dupes with a few new things. So far, it's been nothing but dupes. I have so much credit now.
It doesn't seem as bad as before, but I'm getting them pretty regularly now, as opposed to literally zero for a month or so.

Top Bottom