• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Nepenthe

How many times can junkrat get his ult in like 5 minutes? He did it at least four times. That's what needs a nerf imo.

I'd be down with this. I've seen Junky get his ult in less than two minutes just spamming grenades from the beginning of Eichenwalde. It's fucking ridiculous.

Veelk

Banned
Ended up going 2 wins, 8 losses on placement games, putting me at 2770. Which isn't bad, but the winrate was probably the worst I've had in a while. Still, I wasn't trying that hard and I belong in mid-plat anyway, so whatever.

I had this one toxic dude come at me over having a 24% winrate on Tracer this season. I had 3 games with her, but he got other people in the team chat hating on me over it. I asked him if he knew what a sample size was and how they worked. So, that bit of toxicity was fun.

LiK

5 game win streak with Drizzler. Fun games. Another 100+ SR increase. Git joined the losing game, lol.

The climb hasn't been bad in duo and trios. Just gonna win a bunch and quit after each loss. It's working out really well for me. Two more good sessions and I'll be back in Diamond.

Owzers

5 game win streak with Drizzler. Fun games. Another 100+ SR increase. Git joined the losing game, lol.

The climb hasn't been bad in duo and trios. Just gonna win a bunch and quit after each loss. It's working out really well for me. Two more good sessions and I'll be back in Diamond.

And then we get you to join five stacks right before diamond.

Veelk

Banned
Season 6 is just straight up not kind to me. Going on 6 losses in a row.

I should have stopped playing a while ago because of this, but the strange thing is I'm not really tilting. I'm more in a "Really, game?" mentality.

Fake edit: yeah, looks like I'm in for a 0/7 lose streak. That's a good place to call it in for today....

Read edit: Managed to draw. So of 12 games played in total this season, I won a 3.5. Not off to a fantastic start here...

LiK

Games were good, Lik. Winstons probably getting golden gun #6 for me. I miss best of 5 comp KotH. KotH going 2 rounds feels cheap.

I love it. Goes by so fast. I don't dread long annoying matches in KOTH anymore.

I don't often play Winston and Lucio in Comp but hey, it worked out in our games, lol. Really good games today.

feels good to get 2 kills on Pharah as zen. and managed to not die on Volksaya defense. Even though we didn't have a hitscan unless you count torb which i could never find where he placed his turret.

both team just isn't great at attack but we were slightly better overall!
since we at least cap the first point and 2/3rd of the second.

AngryMoth

First game after finishing placements 2 leavers in the first round. Fix this shit blizzard for gods sake. Lost 2 placement games due to leavers as well

Veelk

Banned
After the draw, I played one more time hopeful to get that elusive win.

Nope. If you count the draw as an L, I'm at a 10 game loss streak and sitting on a less than 25% winrate. Jesus, I can't remember the last time I've done this bad.

Again, it's strange because I'm not tilted or anything, but, it's just...wow. I don't even know why, because I won more games than I lost in season 5.

i think S6 will be the same as S5. no matter if my WR is hovering over 60% with Zen. all that's padded with so many losses and won it basically gives me a 50% WR average (216 games won last season)

After the draw, I played one more time hopeful to get that elusive win.

Nope. If you count the draw as an L, I'm at a 10 game loss streak and sitting on a less than 25% winrate. Jesus, I can't remember the last time I've done this bad.

Again, it's strange because I'm not tilted or anything, but, it's just...wow. I don't even know why, because I won more games than I lost in season 5.

Seriously, man. 2 losses and quit. Always. It's not the tilt, necessarily, it's that you expect the loss. Trust me, quit after 2.

Veelk

Banned
Seriously, man. 2 losses and quit. Always. It's not the tilt, necessarily, it's that you expect the loss. Trust me, quit after 2.

I know, but you'd think you'd get a W just by chance out of a 10+ game streak.

This last match, I did get tilted. I put my shield gen down and a genji soon found it almost immediately. I kept telling my team that I needed help killing him because he was out of my line of sight and he was going to take out the shield gen if he was left alone here. I told them "Hey, I need help, come over here" for like 30 seconds. No, they weren't busy or anything either. They apparently just didn't think an enemy genji on their flank was something to be concerned with. Assholes.

Meanwhile, the enemy team clearly coordinates their ults and using teamwork. That's when I rage because there was NO reason to not help me protect the thing that gave everyone extra health. It's so tempting to legitimately throw some games because of dumb teammates that you want to make sure we lose as hard as possible just to spite them. I don't, but goddamn, fuck, these useless assholes sometimes.

This game can actually be fun :eek:

5-1 with Batman/Owzers, all good games. Randoms were pretty cool too on chat, it's really nice this way.

In terms of small groups this one has been by far the most successful (counting last seasons too). Having two healers focused on controlling Owzers feeding pays off.

LiK

Pinkuless latewatch was successful.

5-1 with Owzers and Ned

We are the ideal 3 stack, join team chat and mostly play 2 healers and 1 flex tank.

Yah, most randoms instalock DPS so you gotta play the other roles most of the time from my experience.

This game can actually be fun :eek:

5-1 with Batman/Owzers, all good games. Randoms were pretty cool too on chat, it's really nice this way.

In terms of small groups this one has been by far the most successful (counting last seasons too). Having two healers focused on controlling Owzers feeding pays off.

Duo and trio is the way to go. I've teamed up with like 6-7 different Gaffers here and it's been mainly a success in wins. Sure we might get some losses but it's usually after a win streak. Not dealing with stacks is much better.

I know, but you'd think you'd get a W just by chance out of a 10+ game streak.

This last match, I did get tilted. I put my shield gen down and a genji soon found it almost immediately. I kept telling my team that I needed help killing him because he was out of my line of sight and he was going to take out the shield gen if he was left alone here. I told them "Hey, I need help, come over here" for like 30 seconds. No, they weren't busy or anything either. They apparently just didn't think an enemy genji on their flank was something to be concerned with. Assholes.

Meanwhile, the enemy team clearly coordinates their ults and using teamwork. That's when I rage because there was NO reason to not help me protect the thing that gave everyone extra health. It's so tempting to legitimately throw some games because of dumb teammates that you want to make sure we lose as hard as possible just to spite them. I don't, but goddamn, fuck, these useless assholes sometimes.

I know, man. I know all the excuses, the anecdotal reasons. Quit after 2 losses. Just fucking do it.
You'll be much happier, believe me.

LiK

We won with a torb (that went widow after) on koth.

Easy

I like good Torbs. I never have faith with Widows.

I know, man. I know all the excuses, the anecdotal reasons. Quit after 2 losses. Just fucking do it.
You'll be much happier, believe me.

Yep, gotta take breaks to cool off and refocus or it's just straight up loss streaks. That happened to me in S5 and I'm not going back to that.

Duo and trio is the way to go. I've teamed up with like 6-7 different Gaffers here and it's been mainly a success in wins. Sure we might get some losses but it's usually after a win streak. Not dealing with stacks is much better.

It kinda varies, sometimes the randoms are unbearable with their shitty picks and solo missions, to the point where we just go with stacks so we can at least enjoy some decent games.

But yeah I don't think our communication is decent enough to play with big stacks if they are actually good.

I like good Torbs. I never have faith with Widows.

I have no idea if he was good, he started the game by staying at the spawn and not moving until we lost the first fight lol

We didn't care though, just played normally and won easily. I liked the torb because that way I was able to play koth zen with 275hp 💪

Sometimes two healers isn't enough.

Example, worst play:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmericanLivelyHamRlyTho

Clip the winston one too 😂

It kinda varies, sometimes the randoms are unbearable with their shitty picks and solo missions, to the point where we just go with stacks so we can at least enjoy some decent games.
Just realized that we won the game with that Junkrat. A player like that is a loss 96% of the time. Truly a magical night.

LiK

But yeah I don't think our communication is decent enough to play with big stacks if they are actually good.

I have no idea if he was good, he started the game by staying at the spawn and not moving until we lost the first fight lol

We didn't care though, just played normally and won easily. I liked the torb because that way I was able to play koth zen with 275hp 💪

Yea, some randoms will always suck and not be team players. You always get a few of those. So far I've been doing good tho. Went up 200+ SR in two evenings. Not bad eh? Sooner or later, I'll catch up to you Diamond bros.

Anytime I see a Widow who barely kills anyone, I just ignore what they're doing and try to kill 2 guys in every team fight to make up for it. So far buffed Junk makes KOTH incredibly easy to win. 😙

Just realized that we won the game with that Junkrat. A player like that is a loss 96% of the time. Truly a magical night.

Sometimes you need to carry the less fortunate.

Blues1990

Yeah, I'm just fuming right now. When trying to make a push, most players are afraid to budge. What are you idiots waiting for? Christmas?!

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I'm just fuming right now. When trying to make a push, most players are afraid to budge. What are you idiots waiting for? Christmas?!

I've noticed that. The more in team chat people say "Okay guys, we need to make a push" I make a push, and then notice the rest of my team is still at the choke.

I don't even have an explanation for it. People just don't push when everyone agrees to push.

The hanamura one? He was being a really bad team player. And fuck that 2nd tank too that insisted on going top right, at least he managed to destroy the shield gen when he went to hog.

Yea, some randoms will always suck and not be team players. You always get a few of those. So far I've been doing good tho. Went up 200+ SR in two evenings. Not bad eh? Sooner or later, I'll catch up to you Diamond bros.

Anytime I see a Widow who barely kills anyone, I just ignore what they're doing and try to kill 2 guys in every team fight to make up for it. So far buffed Junk makes KOTH incredibly easy to win. 😙

That's a pretty good climb.

Junk can be really annoying , I'm surprised we are not seeing pharah more often, and whenever there is one it's usually really bad.

I'm still a plat bro :p

I refuse to believe Drizzler won 5 games in a row :p

LiK

That's a pretty good climb.

Junk can be really annoying , I'm surprised we are not seeing pharah more often, and whenever there is one it's usually really bad.

I'm still a plat bro :p

Yea, Pharah still sucks. I usually need to switch if there's a good Pharah around. If we happen to have good enough DPS against her, I just avoid her while spamming other heroes. Getting rid of the Supports is pretty fun with double mines.

I refuse to believe Drizzler won 5 games in a row :p

Really good games. First time playing with Drizzler.
I ignored his pleas to join team chat. Please forgive me.
😆

Yea, Pharah still sucks. I usually need to switch if there's a good Pharah around. If we happen to have good enough DPS against her, I just avoid her while spamming other heroes. Getting rid of the Supports is pretty fun with double mines.

The mines are insane to secure kills.

I wonder what the radius is, seems incredibly generous.

Edit: just checked, 3m... smaller than what I expected.

Blues1990

I've noticed that. The more in team chat people say "Okay guys, we need to make a push" I make a push, and then notice the rest of my team is still at the choke.

I don't even have an explanation for it. People just don't push when everyone agrees to push.

Yeah, and I'm starting to get angry at people (in solo que) now for performing dumb stunts (though I mute my mic so that they don't hear me yelling at them). It doesn't help that I can't get anyone to join me for comp, as most of the players here are PS4 users and most of the PC guys are either too high up or are playing Lawbreakers on the Overwatch Discord.

Veelk

Banned
Took a break, decided to play an hour later, see if that gave me enough reprieve to get me a W.

Yet another L. A very HARD L. They coordinated 4 ults all at once on us. It wasn't like the team wasn't communicating even, they just were sharing one mind and team wiped us without a care.

And now another one.

And another one again. This one had a thrower, but only at the end of the first round.

What in the fuck is happening...

I know I should stop by now, but I'm in awe of how I just cannot win a single match. It's not even rage inducing, it's just bizzare.

QH2y4Y4.png

Lucio Master season. I feel it. Just have to keep being on fire for 40% of the game.

Yeah, and I'm starting to get angry at people (in solo que) now for performing dumb stunts (though I mute my mic so that they don't hear me yelling at them). It doesn't help that I can't get anyone to join me for comp, as most of the players here are PS4 users and most of the PC guys are either too high up or are playing Lawbreakers on the Overwatch Discord.

I'll join you for comp later in the week if you want.

Veelk

Banned
I finally managed to get a win.

I didn't keep track exactly, but this was basically a 15 or so loss streak. Je-sus-Christ. I feel I've taken the crown from owzers with this line of matches.

Complete stats: 18 games played, 13 lost, 1 tied. 4 games won.

I have no idea how this happened. It seems ridiculous to me that I would have a consistent lead on my W/L ratio throughout season 5, finishing off with 24 more wins than losses, only to perform THIS badly in the new season. It's not even like most of the changes have come through yet. I can't explain it.

Some of it is bad teammates making bad plays. Some was me being put up against obvious smurfs who are way better than what they're parading around as. Some of it is just me not playing at my best. But you'd think, statistically, I'd have encountered a team that was throwing or being even worse than us in 15+ matches, but nopes. Just loss after loss after loss after loss.

Oh well. You know how it goes. The further down you go, the more room you have to rise.

I didn't keep track exactly, but this was basically a 15 or so loss streak. Je-sus-Christ. I feel I've taken the crown from owzers with this line of matches.

I have no idea how this happened. It seems ridiculous to me that I would have a consistent lead on my W/L ratio throughout season 5, finishing off with 24 more wins than losses, only to perform THIS badly in the new season. It's not even like most of the changes have come through yet. I can't explain it.

Some of it is bad teammates making bad plays. Some was me being put up against obvious smurfs who are way better than what they're parading around as. Some of it is just me not playing at my best. But you'd think, statistically, I'd have encountered a team that was throwing or being even worse than us in 15+ matches, but nopes. Just loss after loss after loss after loss.

Oh well. You know how it goes. The further down you go, the more room you have to rise.

It sucks dude.

There's always a point in the season like this for me. At least you got it out the way and can move on from there.

MCD

Placed at 2800 this season. Got to 2913.

Dropped to 2550. Now at 2700. You can do it just forget life and play more OW!

_Legacy_

I would normally stop after two losses, unless maybe you lose the first two games. I think the more losses people get in a row, the more nervous/angry they'll get in the next game, which never really helps.

You'll eventually climb up, I never forget when I dropped over 300 SR in the course of two weeks and that was me not taking my own advice (and a lot of throwers/leavers). I think taking a break from comp sometimes helps too, maybe stick to QP for one night or play a different game entirely. I've seen some people on my friends list drop 200+ SR in one day, they play comp too much and don't know when to stop after taking a few losses!

Top Bottom