• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MCD

I would normally stop after two losses, unless maybe you lose the first two games. I think the more losses people get in a row, the more nervous/angry they'll get in the next game, which never really helps.

You'll eventually climb up, I never forget when I dropped over 300 SR in the course of two weeks and that was me not taking my own advice (and a lot of throwers/leavers). I think taking a break from comp sometimes helps too, maybe stick to QP for one night or play a different game entirely. I've seen some people on my friends list drop 200+ SR in one day, they play comp too much and don't know when to stop after taking a few losses!

Can't stop me, Legacy! Let's lose some more together!

Veelk

Banned
I should have stopped after the 3rd loss (I think 2 is too harsh, because 2 lost matches is a coincidence. It's 3 that establishes the pattern). I usually do, but I was bored and just wanted to get some good matches. I mean, it's not like I was upset at losing, at first.

But after the 7th lost match in a row, I went full sunk cost fallacy. After 7 matches in a row, a Win has to be right around the corner, right? Then after the 10th I was just stunned at the lack of luck.

It's like that bit in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern where he flips a coin like 100 times and because there is a 50/50 chances, it should come up heads at some point but he just keeps landing tales 100 times in a row.

But I'm not really that mad about the SR loss. I'm currently at 2650. Still in Plat, which is where my skill level is at anyway. I'll start panicking when I'm close to eating Gold again.

_Legacy_

Can't stop me, Legacy! Let's lose some more together!

Ha, we have some good sessions sometimes but depends I think on which of your friends are in the stack at the time! I'll most likely be on Destiny 2 this week but will give you and Yager a shout when I feel the comp itch.

After 7 matches in a row, a Win has to be right around the corner, right? Then after the 10th I was just stunned at the lack of luck.

This is exactly how it happened for me, I was stunned at the fact I was just unable to win a game and just kept going because I refused to sleep on a loss! I guess these things need to happen once in a while to remind us when to call it quits.

MCD

Ha, we have some good sessions sometimes but depends I think on which of your friends are in the stack at the time! I'll most likely be on Destiny 2 this week but will give you and Yager a shout when I feel the comp itch.

This is exactly how it happened for me, I was stunned at the fact I was just unable to win a game and just kept going because I refused to sleep on a loss! I guess these things need to happen once in a while to remind us when to call it quits.

I will be leaving to study in the UK in two days so need some time to settle in first. Xbox coming with me of course!

As someone who recently got this game, prior to summer right after the Uprising event (rip Mercy skin) and already reached 450 lvl I've gotten into comp in season 5 and got placed mid gold reached platinum and this season after losing 7 placement matches, 1 draw and 2 wins got placed in high gold and reached platinum, deranked to gold due to losing 5 and got to platinum again and eugh. Had alot of good matches but the ones where people just insist on being widow and hanzo piss me off so much because most of these people are absolute garbage. Sure, I play Widow for lulz sometimes in QP (idk how I have 12 hours with her, prob bcs I want that trophy) but geez sometimes it's a pain being paried up with these fools in comp.

Love this game but sometimes I just loathe it.

Mr Git

5 game win streak with Drizzler. Fun games. Another 100+ SR increase. Git joined the losing game, lol.

The climb hasn't been bad in duo and trios. Just gonna win a bunch and quit after each loss. It's working out really well for me. Two more good sessions and I'll be back in Diamond.

Think that was my fifth loss yesterday - not consecutive at least. I had breaks between em. Not my best. Was so close to diamond after placements too.

since i'm getting a ps4 pro today (Had a ps4 but it got damaged). i figure i would try out rank (i didn't have enough time when the game came out to even play. didn't even do S1 LOL)
im lvl 32. RIP.

Chance

Pro makes the game look much better at least. Played on the OG at my friend's house and it's rife with tearing.

When I upgraded I noticed no difference lol. Except now sometimes there are little half or one-second skips in my captured gameplay :(

It's funny that I know flex picking is terrible for personal SR gain when in solo que, but I continue to do it for little gain.

Just kidding, it's not funny. I'm an idiot.

LiK

It's funny that I know flex picking is terrible for personal SR gain when in solo que, but I continue to do it for little gain.

Just kidding, it's not funny. I'm an idiot.

Flexing is the way to go if you can do it. The bonus SR isn't really all that impressive anyway. You gain a few digits more at most.

Around 11pm, maybe 10pm if Earlywatch was initiated instead of 8pm.

Or in some cases, 1AM. I see you.

Chance

About 4am GMT for me :p

Howww it's night and day especially for our Tracey. Maybe it's just more noticeable going back. My eyes are whinging when I play at my friend's.
I probably tried playing some hot graphics showcase (Horizon) first and when I went back to OW it just looked like OW lol

Veelk

Banned
Just played a tracer match this morning. Won it, which is good for my psychological state. Was a close one too, though I don't think it would have been if my team had communicated. Still, I'm back on the tracer ball.

However, did they fuck with the aiming again? I've switched to dual zone and I got a couple hours practice in, so I had thought that I was used to it by now, but I noticed myself overtaking a lot of shots, even easy ones. Did something change?

LiK

eh, maybe. Anything gold or below, you can carry to get yourself up to plat. Once you hit plat/diamond, it's more luck of the draw on your team if you're solo q'ing.

Pretty much. Sometimes you get annoying players who think they're the leader and telling people what to play and what to do. Obnoxious.

Just played a tracer match this morning. Won it, which is good for my psychological state. Was a close one too, though I don't think it would have been if my team had communicated. Still, I'm back on the tracer ball.

However, did they fuck with the aiming again? I've switched to dual zone and I got a couple hours practice in, so I had thought that I was used to it by now, but I noticed myself overtaking a lot of shots, even easy ones. Did something change?

Seems like every time I boot up the game now, something feels a lil off with Dual Zone now. Not sure what's going on.

mollipen

Pro makes the game look much better at least. Played on the OG at my friend's house and it's rife with tearing.

Hmm. Weird for me to read that, because I play on OG PS4, screan tearing is one of the things that bothers me the most in video games, and I've never noticed it in Overwatch.

I'm not sure I want to go looking for it though, because if it IS there and I've just never noticed it before, I won't be able to not see it anymore.

antitrop

Hmm. Weird for me to read that, because I play on OG PS4, screan tearing is one of the things that bothers me the most in video games, and I've never noticed it in Overwatch.

I'm not sure I want to go looking for it though, because if it IS there and I've just never noticed it before, I won't be able to not see it anymore.

Screen tearing on the PS4 version is usually most noticeable during times where you're intently focused on actually playing the game (team fights). It's for sure there, though, I remember it clearly.

LiK

Okay, I'm not the only one. Good. That means I can safely blame last night's....session on that.

I mentioned in the megathread thread in Blizz forums. Playing hitscan right now with the Dual Zone issues is not a good idea if you haven't adjusted. I'll only swap if we're desperate for one against someone like Pharah or we need more DPS against tanks. Altho Junk is more than capable right now at destroying tanks (well, for me it is).

Screen tearing on the PS4 version is usually most noticeable during times where you're intently focused on actually playing the game (team fights). It's for sure there, though, I remember it clearly.

Playing on OG PS4 and I don't notice any screentearing whatsoever.

gee thanks!

xD

I should play with GAF more, you guys are having great luck in stacks.

Saw that you were one game away from masters, that sucks :\

I mentioned in the megathread thread in Blizz forums. Playing hitscan right now with the Dual Zone issues is not a good idea if you haven't adjusted. I'll only swap if we're desperate for one against someone like Pharah or we need more DPS against tanks. Altho Junk is more than capable right now at destroying tanks (well, for me it is).

I lowered my sensitivity a bit using the hog secondary fire as my point of reference (until I was 100% confortable leading my shots) and I was actually surprised at my tracking yesterday. My Zen games were also better than ever with 42% average weapon accuracy, had a 4KDR with him which is way higher than usual, even if that doesn't mean much in this game.

About 4am GMT for me :p

Howww it's night and day especially for our Tracey. Maybe it's just more noticeable going back. My eyes are whinging when I play at my friend's.

I have both PS4s and alternate between them, depending on which account I'm playing. I see no visual difference with OW, except the Pro has little half-second black screen hiccups every once in a while.

LiK

I lowered my sensitivity a bit using the hog secondary fire as my point of reference (until I was 100% confortable leading my shots) and I was actually surprised at my tracking yesterday. My Zen games were also better than ever with 42% average weapon accuracy, had a 4KDR with him which is way higher than usual, even if that doesn't mean much in this game.

I stuck to all the same settings. So lowering it helps? I may do that.

randome

They really need to rethink the flex SR issue. I love to flex but personally have been doing it less and less due to that issue. It's dumb.

MUnited83

For you.
man, I love using Symmetra in FFA. With Roadhog nerfed, there's nobody to stop her. The biggest threat against her is Pharah and even her can be kept in check. Haven't lost a FFA match yet while playing as Symm

Veelk

Banned
man, I love using Symmetra in FFA. With Roadhog nerfed, there's nobody to stop her. The biggest threat against her is Pharah and even her can be kept in check. Haven't lost a FFA match yet while playing as Symm

Really? I've seen Sym plenty of times and only win once. I rarely feel comfortable engaging her by myself, but she's easy to avoid and then later scavenge.

Shredderi

Kinda infuriated with comp matchmaking right now. I'm trying to get placements and three games in row I'm put in with team members with 8-50h playtime. It's not their fault that they don't have the experience and the needed muscle memory skills that comes with it, but why am I put in with them? All three games were the kind of apocalypse roflstomps where the best thing to do would have been to just collectively throw the game in order to let the nightmares end quicker. It's like the matchmaking didn't even try.

matmanx1

I mostly lurk in this thread these days just to keep up with what's going on out there in Overwatch world. I see and hear a lot of salt over Comp and I completely understand because I was there myself at one point. I'm actually having fun with the game again but I am sticking to mostly Mystery Heroes in the Arcade and have avoided Comp like the plague.

Mystery Heroes seems to eliminate most all of the salt and toxicity and seems to allow folks just to have fun and do the best they can with whatever Hero they have been given. It's also allowed me to "try" some heroes I normally wouldn't without fear of letting my team down.

Some day I might go back to Comp but for now, Mystery Heroes is definitely my jam.

Blues1990

I love that Blizzard depicted Roadhog as more level-headed than he appears in-game. We finally got to see that he has his own motives, reasoning, and beliefs for things he does and how he sees the world. That side of him adds so much to his character. That, and he's the type of intellectual that chooses his words super carefully. Which makes him even more terrifying.

We also learned that the Queen had a grudge against him for unspecified reasons, long before he and Junkrat ever teamed up. And the "Junkrat hired Roadhog as a bodyguard" is basically 100% bullshit because the truth is that he just saved Junkrat from a bar brawl.

I mostly lurk in this thread these days just to keep up with what's going on out there in Overwatch world. I see and hear a lot of salt over Comp and I completely understand because I was there myself at one point. I'm actually having fun with the game again but I am sticking to mostly Mystery Heroes in the Arcade and have avoided Comp like the plague.

Mystery Heroes seems to eliminate most all of the salt and toxicity and seems to allow folks just to have fun and do the best they can with whatever Hero they have been given. It's also allowed me to "try" some heroes I normally wouldn't without fear of letting my team down.

Some day I might go back to Comp but for now, Mystery Heroes is definitely my jam.
Ned alt account

Top Bottom