• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

I feel there's been an influx of toxicity in this new season start.

I'm doing much better now, but I'm seeing more throwers and general assholes.

It isn't so much jerks that I'm dealing with, so much as a lack of communication. I did well with my placements as Zarya (25-40 kills, 3-9 deaths, 47% Average Energy), and I was placed at 2500 then I only have teammates that lack the basic of game sense.

I want to play as Zarya this season, but I'm worried that I have to pick a DPS if I want to climb. Which I hate, as I don't like playing those roles.

finalflame

This post from Gamespot's twitter sums up how I'm feeling right about now:

DJEJydcUIAAgtO-.jpg:large

Really annoying how now everyone says everyone else is throwing when things aren't going your way in a match. Throw this throw that. People can't seem to accept that yeah... sometimes you will lose. That's ok.

Veelk

Banned

My path (or lackthereof) with Destiny has been weird. MAJOR Halo fan and super excited about Destiny until basically the moment it came out. I don't even remember what exactly it was, but I heard bad impressions from people saying the game was centered around lootboxes collecting and that the story was utter nonsense. Eventually it just fully fell off my radar and only later did I hear that it got it's act together in terms of story and even that only partially.

Now, nothing I've seen of Destiny 2 looks like what I want to play. Not that it looks bad, but I never saw much that makes me think "Oh wow, that looks amazingly fun to play".

So I'm remaining faithful to by Overwatch Waifu.

Gorillaz

Can't tell if people legit forgot Destiny 1 or if most of the hype is coming from people who only play PC and/or barely touched 1. I'll end up playing it but D1 lacked real staying power.

More of a "I'll be back in a month or 2"

_Legacy_

I've been playing D2 for a little while tonight and really enjoying it.

I'll be back on Overwatch at some point this week but D2 is nice alternative to have if you just want a break or a different sort of PvP, without the throwers or toxicity.

HiiiLife

Can't tell if people legit forgot Destiny 1 or if most of the hype is coming from people who only play PC and/or barely touched 1. I'll end up playing it but D1 lacked real staying power.

More of a "I'll be back in a month or 2"

Ive only browsed the thread but wasn't the sentiment "d1 without all the bullshit"? not that surprising people are hyping it if that's the case.

Valahart

Lately I've been noticing that the game has been putting me into so many matches that are already lost, on all modes but Competitive (of course). And it is SO ANNOYING.

It happens at least twice per day, seriously.

That really wasn't a issue before. What's going on? Is the playerbase dropping?

Gorillaz

Ive only browsed the thread but wasn't the sentiment "d1 without all the bullshit"? not that surprising people are hyping it if that's the case.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's still early so it's a bit of a honeymoon thing going on but Im willing to give it a chance. Bar is low for me.

rackham

Banned
PM me if you want a group for competitive on PS4. I've been platinum before and want to go platinum again. I'm hovering around 2400 right now. I play a good soldier, mei, reinhardt, roadhog, mercy, ana.

Paltheos

Finished my placements! I broke them up across a few days after a disappointing start. For those of you tracking numbers and comparing placement positions relative to season ends, I personally finished at 3038 (after some decay from the 3200s), finished 4-6 in my placements, and was ranked at...! 3036. Two points off from where I left off.

For the most part, my placements went really well (even though I lost more than I won). I played the best Lucio of my life I think on one Illios match, playing with 5 medals most of the game, getting a bunch of environmental kills, and racking up insane healing and objective time (4+ minute objective time on Bo3 and 13k healing post-nerf is pretty damn good imo).

Win or lose, the games were good for the most part. I think I had only one game where my team was dumb and just picked whatever they wanted. One game where a 'high masters from last season but this season still unranked' Zarya duo queued with his gold Lucio friend and shredded us. And one game where the enemy team... just didn't do anything. On our defense Hanamura, none of them picked heals, and they all came charging through the front door into Sym turrets. I was on a loss streak at the time so wasn't quite sure that I was really facing Diamond players because man they were dumb.

MCD

I've been playing D2 for a little while tonight and really enjoying it.

I'll be back on Overwatch at some point this week but D2 is nice alternative to have if you just want a break or a different sort of PvP, without the throwers or toxicity.

Lots of folks on my friend list are playing D2 too. Don't leave me guys lol

MUnited83

For you.
Really? I've seen Sym plenty of times and only win once. I rarely feel comfortable engaging her by myself, but she's easy to avoid and then later scavenge.

Yep
screenshot_17-09-06_2ihshu.jpg

As long as you pick on the squishies and wait for the thanks to get engaged in combat with someone else, you can often kill 2/3 people with the full charged laser before dying.

Veelk

Banned
Do you know how ready I am for the new D.Va?

As soon as Rockets were announced, I changed my binding for her Rocket Boosters from L1 to L3 so that I could get used to using it as soon as I could, so I'd have her Micro Missiles ability to bind to L1. Because muscle memory is a bitch and I wanted to unlearn using L1 to boost as soon as possible.

Well, at one point, I boosted, and then immediately started firing my main guns, expecting to be able to keep flying while shooting.

I need the new D.Va bad, Blizz.

Mr Git

Hmm. Weird for me to read that, because I play on OG PS4, screan tearing is one of the things that bothers me the most in video games, and I've never noticed it in Overwatch.

I'm not sure I want to go looking for it though, because if it IS there and I've just never noticed it before, I won't be able to not see it anymore.

I have both PS4s and alternate between them, depending on which account I'm playing. I see no visual difference with OW, except the Pro has little half-second black screen hiccups every once in a while.

Sheeeet. Maybe my friend's Ps4 is just fucked. It's rampant. Tearing is one of those things that particularly irks me, more so than frame drops. I don't have the heart to tell him. I'm not sure he's even noticed. I only played OW on my OG during the beta and honestly didn't remember it at all - if I had I probably wouldn't have bought it on PS4 in the end. I didn't pick up a copy until I got the pro.

Also people keep saying D2 and I'm thinking of Diablo 2 and now I might reinstall it.

HiiiLife

My two stack locks tanks, naturally the other three stack locks DPS, wonder what the sixth will pick...oh. Widow. And he didn't change.

Hilarious.

Mr Git

I will be leaving to study in the UK in two days so need some time to settle in first. Xbox coming with me of course!

Hiya! Where abouts you studying? If you're staying in halls - some of them are absolute shite for trying to play games online D: I wish you the best of luck!

Gamerdude99

Neo Member
Does anyone ever lose a half second or so when they get killed sometimes? I am wondering if my basic wireless internet is the cause of this or if its just overwatch client/server code and normal.

I didnt get any responses to this. Trying to find out if this is a netcode thing or if I need to get wired internet. Is it normal? I know some games are just coded like that.

Chance

I didnt get any responses to this. Trying to find out if this is a netcode thing or if I need to get wired internet. Is it normal? I know some games are just coded like that.

I didn't know what you meant by "lose half a second." If you mean you rewound on your screen but Hanzo still headshot you, that's just Overwatch. It favors the shooter.

If he saw his arrow connect with your head, you's dead.

I'm doing placement on PS4 right now. I went ahead and just just cranked that aim assist all the way up lmao
Holy shit
Just making headshot that much easier with zen

Veelk

Banned
Game 1 of tonight, lost to a Hanzo m/kb cheater

Game 2, won but I was frustrated because my team was in a 5 man stack and wouldn't join team chat.

Game 3 lost because we just got outplayed, which doesn't feel good right now even if its fair.

People hated season 5, but 6 is so much worse for me in the 3 hours I've played it than the 15 I've played of 5.

Game 1 of tonight, lost to a Hanzo m/kb cheater

Game 2, won but I was frustrated because my team was in a 5 man stack and wouldn't join team chat.

Game 3 lost because we just got outplayed, which doesn't feel good right now even if its fair.

People hated season 5, but 6 is so much worse for me in the 3 hours I've played it than the 15 I've played of 5.

That 5-man stack/ no group chat thing has been the only reason I dislike solo Q. Solo Q only mode, please.

Veelk

Banned
Game 4 we got rolled on Defense even though I put down my Shield gen. They didn't take it out or anything, they were just kicking our asses SO HARD that they didn't even mind everyone of us getting a 75 HP advantage because they still beat us 6v6 like that.

So I quit. I'll happily take the greater SR loss because this match making is completely and utterly fucked. I have no idea what Blizzard did, but I am getting consistently matched against ridiculous opponents.

It's so fucked.

Game 4 we got rolled on Defense even though I put down my Shield gen. They didn't take it out or anything, they were just kicking our asses SO HARD that they didn't even mind everyone of us getting a 75 HP advantage because they still beat us 6v6 like that.

So I quit. I'll happily take the greater SR loss because this match making is completely and utterly fucked. I have no idea what Blizzard did, but I am getting consistently matched against ridiculous opponents.

Veelk, my man, never leave a comp match, for any reason. I have had the temptation, so I understand, but it promotes the toxicity.

Top Bottom