• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Chance

Had a crazy game on Nepal last night. I'm Tracer, duoing with my buddy on Lucio. We're with two other two-stacks, and one of them is a McCree and a Mercy.

The thing is, this was The Mercy Who Only Heals And Buffs her Duo Partner I've heard so much about. I don't often get heals from Mercies, so I didn't even notice it until I went for a health pack and discovered it was already taken. So I went for the next - it was already taken - and the next, already taken. She was healing our team so little that everyone was going for health packs.

We won round 1 by pure aggression. The McCree got off a beautiful triple Deadeye in round 2 while damage-boosted by his Mercy, but we lost it hard.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what I can switch to in order to win this game. Not a tank - obviously, I won't get the required heals. Junk spam won't help...

...and someone from the third duo goes... Mei. Shoves the reds off the point. Keeps it locked down. Won't die. Gets her ult twice in the last half of the match, and we utterly dominate.

I send her a message after the match:

"You on Mei = that win."

"Why thank you kind Sir!"

antitrop

Had a crazy game on Nepal last night. I'm Tracer, duoing with my buddy on Lucio. We're with two other two-stacks, and one of them is a McCree and a Mercy.

The thing is, this was The Mercy Who Only Heals And Buffs her Duo Partner I've heard so much about. I don't often get heals from Mercies, so I didn't even notice it until I went for a health pack and discovered it was already taken. So I went for the next - it was already taken - and the next, already taken. She was healing our team so little that everyone was going for health packs.

I'll never forget the game I played where our Rein was charging health packs because our Mercy refused to heal anyone but her duo. x.x

Blues1990

I'll never forget the game I played where our Rein was charging health packs because our Mercy refused to heal anyone but her duo. x.x

I had to do the same when I was playing Winston, as our Mercy refused to heal me (or our other teammates) and was attached to a Pharah player that was less than stellar. We won in the end, but I immediately became fast friends with the Zenyatta on our team, as he got the healing card (24000 to Mercy's 12050) and was on point with the discords. What a champ.

sure reaper can gain some health back but you know when i use the command as i'm wraithing would be nice to get heals. kk.
some guy wanted to play mercy because he played with this dva another game. i shouldn't have switched.

Chance

That's when I switch off Rein. I don't expect 100% of your healing time as a tank - I'm happy with 20%! I appreciate that you've got a whole team to heal! But when I'm specifically NOT getting healed? No one gets shielded! I'm taking my shield and going home*

*switching to Tracer

Clearly. I've been on a roll today. Did 11,000 healing on Junkertown as Lucio.

Not that my team really thanked me BUT IT'S COOL.

i get a few good job from my team when i play mercy. you know. actually res and not die except that one lunar game because blizz needs to fix the distance and allow no LOS to res as long as i'm within the radius.

got 25K healing i think on Junkertown. good team tbh. we actually grouped back up when we got wiped. just because OT can be a bitch.

i feel disgusted with 15hr on mercy. but hey. 60% WR (40-27) ain't that bad.

Nepenthe

got 25K healing i think on Junkertown. good team tbh. we actually grouped back up when we got wiped. just because OT can be a bitch.

A team that groups up after wipes or during those bad moments when people nonetheless think it's a good idea to extend are a fucking blessing. Like, even if you lose, you can't even be that mad because people were actually cooperating.

EDIT: Gold Elims, Healing, Objective Time, Silver Objective Kills. I kept our charging Reinhardt super alive. Mercy gets more appreciation still.

FFS.

A team that groups up after wipes or during those bad moments when people nonetheless think it's a good idea to extend are a fucking blessing. Like, even if you lose, you can't even be that mad because people were actually cooperating.

EDIT: Gold Elims, Healing, Objective Time, Silver Objective Kills. I kept our charging Reinhardt super alive. Mercy gets more appreciation still.

FFS.
Id you can get off sound barrier when needed then they will appreciate it. Other than that they probably won't know who is healing

Nepenthe

Id you can get off sound barrier when needed then they will appreciate it. Other than that they probably won't know who is healing

But I got recognized for gold healing.

Our Mercy also died from a RIP Tire pocket-boosting someone up on the platform on Horizon.

SO YOU KNOW.

But nah, I should stop being so salty. At the very least, after looking up some commentaries, I'm getting a better feel on when to crossfade and amp, so I'm lasting longer and being far more useful than I have been. Feel like I'm steadily improving. Tobi can pull up.
Please don't.

Just got a geniune thank you message from a player for placing a teleporter on Hanamura Offense above the 2nd point which caused us to win the match.

Moments like that make all the bullshit worth it

Chance

The other day I had an amazeballs match on Nepal. I'm Mercy, we have a Lucio, a Rein, an Orisa, a Sombra and a Junk. We took it 2 - 0, and I miraculously just never died. This was a special event, as far as I was concerned, and I wanted to make it into a video, but I thought ten minutes was a bit much (maybe I should cut it up into a match highlights vid, but whatever).

So last night I'm QPing with my brother and a friend. We're on Dorado defense It's me on Mercy, my brother on D.Va, my friend on Bastion along with a Sym, a Torb and a Widow. No barriers for the Bastion and Torb to work with, only one tank for me to build ult off - and I love my brother, but he's a uniquely suicidal D.Va - not a reliable tank at the best of times, and likely less so with the Matrix nerf.

As we go in to set up our defenses I get on the mic and say "I don't think we're gonna' win with this comp."

https://youtu.be/sDigtO5emlg

Mercy really is making the game less fun to play for me right now, she's not fun to play as or with, she's not fun to play against, and she's always on both teams.

The other day I had an amazeballs match on Nepal. I'm Mercy, we have a Lucio, a Rein, an Orisa, a Sombra and a Junk. We took it 2 - 0, and I miraculously just never died. This was a special event, as far as I was concerned, and I wanted to make it into a video, but I thought ten minutes was a bit much (maybe I should cut it up into a match highlights vid, but whatever).

So last night I'm QPing with my brother and a friend. We're on Dorado defense It's me on Mercy, my brother on D.Va, my friend on Bastion along with a Sym, a Torb and a Widow. No barriers for the Bastion and Torb to work with, only one tank for me to build ult off - and I love my brother, but he's a uniquely suicidal D.Va - not a reliable tank at the best of times, and likely less so with the Matrix nerf.

As we go in to set up our defenses I get on the mic and say "I don't think we're gonna' win with this comp."

https://youtu.be/sDigtO5emlg

Ha! You 1v1ing the Junkrat and your Torb and Bastion nervously peeking around the corner to see if there was anything left of you was hilarious!
Great video, great song choice!

Chance

Ha! You 1v1ing the Junkrat and your Torb and Bastion nervously peeking around the corner to see if there was anything left of you was hilarious!
Great video, great song choice!

Lol that's my favorite part too. I look up expecting to fly back to Bastion and he's just like "you got this, I'm out."

KRBq20H.jpg

KyleCross

Nothing like constantly waiting 5 minutes for a match only to get throwers and leavers. What a wonderful community this game has earned, it's really impressive!

I'm glad this last one got cancelled tho because I picked Mercy but someone else wanted her so they picked Widow and was gonna throw till I gave them Mercy.

I still stand by my opinion that pinning people is the most satisfying thing to do in this game. Close 2nd is full charge Zarya.
Tank main btw :)

I still stand by my opinion that pinning people is the most satisfying thing to do in this game. Close 2nd is full charge Zarya.
Tank main btw :)

Had a Doomfist the other day uppercut me, I guess I pressed Charge before he fully charged his punch and I pinned him through it. My teammates were laughing their asses off

My new favorite thing though is landing a perfect D.va dive (Dashing into an enemy and nailing them with both MIssiles and Primary Fire). Its so beautiful watching an Zarya or Roadhog go from full to nothing in barely 2 seconds.

had someone rage quit before point 2 of Junkertown. i played with him the last game. he was already upset at loss there.

anyways. surprised we managed to get a full hold even without him. Couldn't budge on the attack though have went full dive even with me being mercy. oh well. we tried.

But i got play of the game. thanks blizz. more POTG than Ana will ever get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3_Faa2H9Y&feature=youtu.be

speaking of Ana. blizz didn't even save my ana POTG to the highlight. wtf is this shit. the rare time i get one they don't want to showcase it.

Chance

... blizz didn't even save my ana POTG to the highlight. wtf is this shit. the rare time i get one they don't want to showcase it.

Tell me about it. After a long dry spell I finally got 4 PotGs last night, and 1 of them made it in to the highlights.

Why a PotG doesn't just trump a highlight is beyond me.

Schlep

Who all knew that you could pipe in Spotify for free on PS4 and didn't tell me? Adds some much needed calmness to the game.

When your top 100 teammate gets mad at the team and decides to stand in spawn the rest of the game <<<<<

I swear that I carry these games sometimes and yet we consistently lose. I blame the new Mercy and her broken ultimate.

Frester

I think my main problem with the Mercy changes is she now feels like a requirement. Seen lots of 2 tank/3 dps/Mercy groups this weekend.

Ergo, I have been playing lots of Tracer/Sombra to murder all Mercies.

Blues1990

I can't tell you how many times I used to throw myself into a hanzo ult and try to deflect it.

I didn't know you had to deflect the arrow.

rulerk1

i was 6 points away from getting my alt to diamond and what do i get stuck with?

A sym/mercy main who had to practice their dps
and a titled dps player (surprise) who had to play reaper

we were up agaisnt a tracer who one clipping our mercy, killing us, and teadbagging for every kill. I knew i should que dodge that game but i didnt think i would get both on my team again ugh.

Oh well My 70 percent winrate dva continues. It feels good when a character finally clicks

Nepenthe

I can't tell you how many times I used to throw myself into a hanzo ult and try to deflect it.

I didn't know you had to deflect the arrow.

"Stand back guys. I got this."

Anyways, just had a match on Nepal where we had a decent team set-up (2 tanks-2 heals- 2 dps), but after losing a push we'd kinda fall apart. Couldn't group up to save our lives.

At the very least, I hit 12,000 healing and got an Epic for it. I also dodged a Blizzard by wall-riding on the support beam around it. T'was an adrenaline pumping game.

When your top 100 teammate gets mad at the team and decides to stand in spawn the rest of the game <<<<<

I swear that I carry these games sometimes and yet we consistently lose. I blame the new Mercy and her broken ultimate.

Top 500 players are overrated. Most of them are one tricks, get super triggered easily, and are probably some of the most toxic games I have ever played.

Definitely feel like McCree needs a buff. I'd like to use him more, but currently don't see the point. He's so slow, takes 3/4 hits to take out 200hp heroes, and is very easy to counter.
Shorter cooldowns would be a nice start. 6 seconds for a roll instead of 8, 8 seconds for a flashbang instead of 10, etc. And if Fan the Hammer won't critical then boost its damage output.

Blues1990

"Stand back guys. I got this."

Anyways, just had a match on Nepal where we had a decent team set-up (2 tanks-2 heals- 2 dps), but after losing a push we'd kinda fall apart. Couldn't group up to save our lives.

At the very least, I hit 12,000 healing and got an Epic for it. I also dodged a Blizzard by wall-riding on the support beam around it. T'was an adrenaline pumping game.

Keep in mind that this was when I first started playing the game last year, and my line of thought (after watching the Dragons animated short) was "Genji can redirect Hanzo's ultimate with his? AWESOME!"

With that said, I once got a team wipe when I reflected Hanzo's ultimate back to the enemy team, which felt so satisfying.

Definitely feel like McCree needs a buff. I'd like to use him more, but currently don't see the point. He's so slow, takes 3/4 hits to take out 200hp heroes, and is very easy to counter.

I think McCree is in a great spot now. The small changes they've given to him make him feel more flexible, and while I would like his Combat Roll to store two charges, I don't know how they can balance that with out throwing things out of whack.

Then again, the best compromise (so that McCree isn't able to do 241-810 DMG every 16 seconds) is to have each roll refill half the ammo instead of a full 6.

Nepenthe

Keep in mind that this was when I first started playing the game last year, and my line of thought (after watching the Dragons animated short) was "Genji can redirect Hanzo's ultimate with his? AWESOME!"

With that said, I once got a team wipe when I reflected Hanzo's ultimate back to the enemy team, which felt so satisfying.

I'm gonna be honest; I thought the same until you just pointed it out, because it makes sense that it's something he'd be able to reflect, short or no short. Granted, it explains the conspicuous lack of Genjis trying that shit. xD

i dont understand people when there's single heal and youre playing on junkertown with so many walls i can't zip around if everyone is in 3 direction. you can spam i need healing all you want. if either you peek or actually listen to my "Group up with me" command.

Blues1990

i dont understand people when there's single heal and youre playing on junkertown with so many walls i can't zip around if everyone is in 3 direction. you can spam i need healing all you want. if either you peek or actually listen to my "Group up with me" command.

You have to keep in mind that, while players can show their appreciation after matches, they’re not always incentivized to cooperate with or even focus on supports mid-match. At least, not in a way that produces results.

Chance

You have to keep in mind that, while players can show their appreciation after matches, they’re not always incentivized to cooperate with or even focus on supports mid-match. At least, not in a way that produces results.

I got a PotG last night on Tracer for protecting my Mercy from one assailant whose hero I forget, a Genji and finally the Mei who'd frozen her.

Felt good! A Junk then immediately killed her from behind.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Another night another 200 SR loss lmao. This like the worst season ever for some reason, I've gone from 2600 to 2100 back to 2550 all the way down to 1998 and back to 2300 only to fall to 2130. I have never had this happen. I'm always just going 1 win 1 loss at ~2500 forever.

Blues1990

I got a PotG last night on Tracer for protecting my Mercy from one assailant whose hero I forget, a Genji and finally the Mei who'd frozen her.

Felt good! A Junk then immediately killed her from behind.

And that's great! Sometimes you’ll play with a team that "Gets It," whose tank(s) and damage-dealers keep their less mobile supports shielded and out-flank their flankers.

But I still see players that go off and just try to smash everything and expect the likes of Mercy to clean up after. That is, unless they are really neglectful and they realize the likes of Zenyatta and Lucio were electrocuted by Winston's antics.

Nepenthe

Why did no one tell me Total Mayhem was so much fun? I pretty much can't die, for one thing.

Also, I don't see how it's possible to win on Attack in this mode.

Relatively last minute but I managed to get my third Arcade loot box for this week with a couple of FFA Deathmatch rounds tonight. Got a level up one out of it too, and promptly opened them both to receive... one highlight intro, and more sprays and icons. Yay.

It wasn't all bad though. I ran into someone else who spends time in FFA trying to avoid getting killed instead of killing others; they went four minutes before their first death. Pretty good, although they were using Mei to do it which I imagine makes it a little easier than with McCree.

Top Bottom