• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Just had a PC player on our match get butthurt and start throwing despite the fact that I gave up both Torbjorn and Symmetra for him to play since he asked for them.

I really hate when my decay falls on weekends. I wish Blizzard would get rid of this stupid system

Blues1990

Just had a PC player on our match get butthurt and start throwing despite the fact that I gave up both Torbjorn and Symmetra for him to play since he asked for them.

I really hate when my decay falls on weekends. I wish Blizzard would get rid of this stupid system

I just wish we have a fixed SR gain/loss.

This sums up the relationship between Overwatch and many frustrated players.

DDo8W2XUQAI10u9.jpg:large

This was me last night

Uh wtf? My router randomly crapped out and i got booted from a match, rejoined before it ended and I still got the penalty+SR loss?

Apparently my PS4 doesnt like OW, its randomly dropping me from the servers despite having no other lag or connection issues. Lost like 100 SR today thanks to it, that pretty much kills this season for me.

Blues1990

That and the report system. Would make this game so much more bearable.

Having to deal with a crappy Widowmaker on your team doesn’t really compare to someone making you feel unwelcome in a community you are attached to, and the current report system does jack squat when you do your part to yank out the toxic weeds, but those guys simply say “Whatever!” and you are forced to play with them for another 10-20 matches.

A friend of mine had told me that DOTA's report system is pretty vicious, such as being dumped into a low priority queue where you’re forced to play a certain number of games only with other players that have been reported for toxicity/griefing.

Came back from 0-2 on Oasis.

I had to plead with our Lucio to swap because we had a Lucio OTP on Reaper.

Once we sorted that out it was smooth sailing.

So many people just don't give a shit this season

Definitely seems more so than last season. I honestly kinda stopped caring as well now, I'm not gonna hit Top 500, and I already got my guaranteed Golden Gun for hitting GM.

I'm seeing sooooo many people who have tanked from GM and are floating in the 3500-3700s. Also I have never seen this many smurf accounts ever, as well as duo/trio queues where they have a Platinum/Diamond ranked player.

Moonkid

Had a 'failed to connect to server' issue for the first time. PSN was connected all fine, even tested my speed, but alas it was not meant to be. Five minutes later I couldn't get into Overwatch at all which was frustrating because I was still on the network.

LAM09

Definitely seems more so than last season. I honestly kinda stopped caring as well now, I'm not gonna hit Top 500, and I already got my guaranteed Golden Gun for hitting GM.

I'm seeing sooooo many people who have tanked from GM and are floating in the 3500-3700s. Also I have never seen this many smurf accounts ever, as well as duo/trio queues where they have a Platinum/Diamond ranked player.

This season is the worst by far. I know a few people that have tanked hard (losing 400-600 SR) in a matter of days. Seems like most can't substain a rank with all the crap going on and you're bound to be paired with a thrower every other game right now.

Changes need to be made matchmaking very soon and console needs parity with PC.

Geneijin

This season is the worst by far. I know a few people that have tanked hard (losing 400-600 SR) in a matter of days. Seems like most can't substain a rank with all the crap going on and you're bound to be paired with a thrower every other game right now.

Changes need to be made matchmaking very soon and console needs parity with PC.
It took like what, 4 seasons (?), for Blizzard to finally consider harsher penalties for throwers? It's ridiculous it took until Dafran's ban for this to happen.

Oh, and I would love a separate queue for solo and groups if that meant less toxicity. I feel the worst offenders tend to SQ.

Had a 'failed to connect to server' issue for the first time. PSN was connected all fine, even tested my speed, but alas it was not meant to be. Five minutes later I couldn't get into Overwatch at all which was frustrating because I was still on the network.

Happened to me twice today mid matches. My network was fine and I was still on PSN, Overwatch just crapped out for no reason and lost me two comp matches.

Fugu

I've got to say, this season is going better for me than season 4. My elo gains are still unbalanced, but they're not the 3:1 ratio between losses and wins that they were then. I'm working my way back to my career high after being placed 900 SR below it.

rulerk1

clutched out a win as Zen by L2'ing a Soldier, killing Lucio, and weaking Winston enough for my team to kill him. I NA ulted but i probably should have just taken the death since we would have had it no doubt. Won my one comp game for the day lol

Also i played several QP games as Sombra in a no healer team comps but my hacked healthpacks were still ignored lol.

LAM09

It took like what, 4 seasons (?), for Blizzard to finally consider harsher penalties for throwers? It's ridiculous it took until Dafran's ban for this to happen.

Oh, and I would love a separate queue for solo and groups if that meant less toxicity. I feel the worst offenders tend to SQ.

True. Too many developers are scared to dish out severe punishments and expect the general playerbase to put up with things.

I feel like my smartest option at this point would be to just let the decay take me, come back for the next event and hope people are slightly less stupid.

Still baffled as to why people think a solo healing Ana against a Mercy and Lucio is a viable match

Blues1990

I feel like my smartest option at this point would be to just let the decay take me, come back for the next event and hope people are slightly less stupid.

Still baffled as to why people think a solo healing Ana against a Mercy and Lucio is a viable match

Some people still think a solo-healing Lucio is viable with a bunch of tanks and DPS running about.

*shrug*

Atleast Lucio has a constant aoe heal, mobility and a boop for escaping, and a defense ult. Most Ana's I see have terrible aim, Nano at the worst possible times, and tend to get picked off ASAP. She's just not very good on console, especially if you are running characters like Genji, Tracer, Pharah, or anybody that relies on being mobile or flanking.

I feel if the enemy team has a Mercy, you NEED a Mercy. And if the enemy team doesnt have a Mercy, you definitely need a Mercy.

Blues1990

Atleast Lucio has a constant aoe heal, mobility and a boop for escaping, and a defense ult. Most Ana's I see have terrible aim, Nano at the worst possible times, and tend to get picked off ASAP. She's just not very good on console, especially if you are running characters like Genji, Tracer, Pharah, or anybody that relies on being mobile or flanking.

I feel if the enemy team has a Mercy, you NEED a Mercy. And if the enemy team doesnt have a Mercy, you definitely need a Mercy.

Didn't the development team wanted to make sure the PC and Console versions were properly balanced? Surprised that they haven't made sure the hit-scan heroes for console aren't compensated in some fashion.

Chance

Tbh I hate when I'm solo healing my team as Mercy and the enemies have an Ana. Fuck you, bionade! You're fuckin' wit ma bidness!

So I tried Hog for the first time since his changes....

I wanted him nerfed back in the lower hook cooldown days, but not like this!
Poor bastard is living a struggle life right now.

Geneijin

Didn't the development team wanted to make sure the PC and Console versions were properly balanced? Surprised that they haven't made sure the hit-scan heroes for console aren't compensated in some fashion.
They've held that stance for the longest time, but the only differences so far are the reduced Torbjorn and Symmetra turret damage since launch, hasn't it?

_Legacy_

Ended up 4-4 today in my solo q comp games, also met some really nice people who had mics. Couldn't believe it, had at least 2 people with mics in almost every game I played today.

Some of the losses were avoidable but hey, the games were still fun. Only one real complete stomp in there that really had me scratching my head.

Despite the 4-4, still ended up 10 SR higher than what I was yesterday, marginal progress!

Owzers

Just had a comp game on Eichenwalde defense and our Rein decided to try and camp outside their spawn by himself.

It really is a dice roll.
He is the ultimate crushing machine, do not doubt him.

I went 2-0 soloq and called it a day, wasn't feeling confident in weekendwatch and the last three stack talked nonstop and over each other.

Am I going to have to form a new PS4 Gaf since Ned and Batman salted their way to oblivion?

LiK

I went 2-0 soloq and called it a day, wasn't feeling confident in weekendwatch and the last three stack talked nonstop and over each other.

Am I going to have to form a new PS4 Gaf since Ned and Batman salted their way to oblivion?

We could still duo. I'll be on soon.

So I checked xQc twitch since it was on the first page of overbuff... why do people even see this guy?

Always complaining about teammates even though he's playing like absolute shit constantly feeding as winston, has a cat disturbing him all the time in this particular game I was seeing making him go afk frequently meaning he's not focused in the game at all, and even considering this he has the moral of calling trash to a player on his team just because he's on Rein!

This dude is a fucking asshole, trash-tier person.

I don't mind playing though I'm kinda tired today. Also since my ned account dropped so much I don't think it's a good idea to have a smaller stack since the average will be pretty low which means the randoms are most likely going to be trash.

It will be pretty good if we have a big stack though, with me and pinku on the group the average will go down by a lot.

I've been looking at my PS+ collection this past days since I'm kinda burned out of OW and yesterday I was completely addicted to a game called "10 Second Ninja X". Pretty short game (4-5h) but it's super fun.

Top Bottom