• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I like when people communicate, but I'm only like... mid silver on console and PC. It helps so much to coordinate. I only had a salty guy once, he was lambasting an attack Torb. I said let's at least give them a chance and if it doesn't work they might switch. They eventually did (to Hanzo, but I'd prefer that over Torb). I feel that it's not worth making assumptions at my level. If after a while it's obvious something has to change, then yeah, I'd ask for a switch. But right from the beginning, no. Maybe in higher ranks where hopefully the mechanical skill is topped out/more even, so the strategic team comp factor highlights the bad picks right from the get go.

though this thread doesn't give me much hope for that lol

Scared to play PC ranked, I dropped from low gold to mid silver :'( I really need to improve my mouse aim and would rather not piss away SR. QP it is.

I tried out 6v6 elimination last night.
My god that's rough on solo queue. Everyone just scrambles out of the spawn to different locations, before spamming I need healing.

The mode seems fun in theory, but it's hard to play anyone who relies on their teammates support to be effective.

5FnLDTs.png
\

but why

Why would you use Nutcracker when there's Journey to the West.
The only reason to use Nutcracker is to make single entendres about nutting on people or when you get the golden weapon for him about how you have brass nuts.

New Year Zen is best, agreed. I do like the eww factor of Nutcracker, though. I had a teammate, after a fight, look me up and down as Nutcracker Zen and tell me that I was creepy as fuck, and we could not be friends.

Fugu

I like when people communicate, but I'm only like... mid silver on console and PC. It helps so much to coordinate. I only had a salty guy once, he was lambasting an attack Torb. I said let's at least give them a chance and if it doesn't work they might switch. They eventually did (to Hanzo, but I'd prefer that over Torb). I feel that it's not worth making assumptions at my level. If after a while it's obvious something has to change, then yeah, I'd ask for a switch. But right from the beginning, no. Maybe in higher ranks where hopefully the mechanical skill is topped out/more even, so the strategic team comp factor highlights the bad picks right from the get go.

though this thread doesn't give me much hope for that lol

Scared to play PC ranked, I dropped from low gold to mid silver :'( I really need to improve my mouse aim and would rather not piss away SR. QP it is.
Try turning down your sensitivity. It's probably too high.

Try turning down your sensitivity. It's probably too high.

yeah, I keep fiddling with it lmao. I wish I had more desk space and better desk ergonomics...right now I can't do large arm motions with how shallow the desk is, I don't have a way to rest my elbow.

also I'm still using Nutcracker Zen

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Still waiting for Zarya to get skins that are better than okay

Don't expect her to get a new one for Summer games since she already got them last year.
I'm still waiting for her winter coat skins to drop. It's the only legendaries I like, although her summer ones aren't that bad. All I got is the 2 ugly goth ones + her cyborg/robot one from the anniversary that is kinda meh.

http://www.twitch.tv/ognglobal

Afreeca Freecs Blue vs Lunatic Hai BO7 Semi-Finals starting in a few minutes

I wasn't expecting 4-0 lol

Mano talking shit in the beginning was pretty funny, love those pre-game interviews. Miro is too good though, he had so many good plays it was insane.

Sombra EMP is kinda of broken with this type of coordination, can't say I like it.

I think that they should make some changes to the character, nerf the damage output (max of 6-7 per bullet instead of 8) while significantly reducing the spread making her more like Tracer (don't know if she would be OP if she could have around the same TTK as her... it would probably be fine with the same fire-rate she has now). And also nerfing the ult charge from the med packs.

Basically make her better against 200hp heroes, slightly worse against tanks and also making it so she can't have a EMP every single fight.

mellow

I'm like 1-20 this season on control maps in Solo Q diamond and I've only played something like 40 games total so far, I get titled when I get them now but even when I have a really good game I end up with Widow's on my team for the entire match etc ugh

I was told last night I'm allowed to be a Widow main because I got double digit elims with her on QP Attack on Hollywood.

Taking this shit to comp, aw yeah.

Fugu

yeah, I keep fiddling with it lmao. I wish I had more desk space and better desk ergonomics...right now I can't do large arm motions with how shallow the desk is, I don't have a way to rest my elbow.

also I'm still using Nutcracker Zen
I'm using a cloth mousepad that isn't large enough for one 360. I have a big mousepad but I don't especially like it.

I wouldn't sweat it if your desk isn't ideal.

Permanently A

Man xQc is a real piece of work

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq085i

The reason i'm writing is simple, this false in-team image that people paint of me is way more damaging than I realized. At first I thought to myself, I have nothing to prove to the community, they don't need proof and VODs and recordings but recently someone from another team confirmed to me that they didn't offer me a tryout because of that image of me they had. Even though I would've declined to stay with my team like I've doing since the beginning, I was heartbroken. People on social medias, twitch chat and Reddit that type stuff like "I bet he is tilted right now", or "his toxicity is not worth his level of play" damage my career opportunities way more than my comp-queue behavior.

first he claims his toxic image is just hearsay, then literally last game he acts like this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousCheerfulArtichokeNotLikeThis
https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongDeafBisonHeyGirl
https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousNaiveYakArsonNoSexy
https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardPiliableLatteRitzMitz

#reformedxQc

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What an ass.

When someone describes himself with things like "brutally honest", "has no filter", "authentic", and so on, it's probably a red flag. He didn't use those exact words, but the vibe is the same.

No one talks about himself like that unless he's trying to justify being an asshole.

Favorite quote from was when he wrote to someone in all chat about signing his mom's ass at a LAN. I haven't looked through all the clips but there is also this reformed clip of him. https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyPuzzledSardineCeilingCat

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The winner between Envy and KongDoo will play against LH on the final right?

I really hope envy wins, Effect is such a good Tracer.
Yeah. LH is in the finals, and will face whoever wins between NV and KDP.

I think I'd be happy with either one. Envy vs LH would be the Season 1 winner vs the Season 2 winner. KDP vs LH would be a tiebreaker between the two matches they've had against each other so far, where they're currently 1-1.

JHall

The funny thing about xQc is underneath all the toxic behavior he's normally right about why the team is losing or going to lose. But, no one will listen to him because he acts like a 12 year old.

Gorillaz

I feel like whenever he queues with Tim he's more calm tho?

The only time he wasn't was when they queued with Moon's genji account during that whole week or so parody lol

The winner between Envy and KongDoo will play against LH on the final right?

I really hope envy wins, Effect is such a good Tracer.

I feel like Effect is the best player on their team. (yes better than Taimou). I feel like, If Effect wasn't on the team, they wouldn't have gotten this far.

Feeling like I hit that mental state of not really caring about my SR anymore, just had a match we could have easily won but lost because of a 3 Man who had a Hog/Mercy/Tracer. The Tracer was stupid good, but the Hog was just an ult battery who refused to swap, and the Mercy literally sat on her ult for a good 2-3 minutes. The worst part is they didn't join team chat, nothing pisses me off more than groups that don't join team chat, even if you don't talk but just to listen

Attacking far left side of Numbani with Pharah. Less than a minute and a half left in the round and we have 0% progress. I see roadhog and Mercy walking up that staircase near the edge, double boop.

Zenyatta starts moving towards edge to save Mercy, two direct rocket hits and he's dead before Mercy gets to him.

Soldier sees this and tries to get distance, was defending that top side with his back turned to me at this point. He sprints and jumps off the top, I hit him mid air then land the next two to finish him.

I pop Barrage on the remaining DVa Mekka and Symmetra and follow thru with the baby DVa kill.

Took the point to 100%.

Mercy gets PotG for a 4 man Rez

Permanently A

The funny thing about xQc is underneath all the toxic behavior he's normally right about why the team is losing or going to lose. But, no one will listen to him because he acts like a 12 year old.

Yeah its why his toxicity in general baffles me. Someone who rages hardcore and just throws I get - they're blowing off steam. But xQc is trying to win the game and at the same time seems hellbent on insulting people before giving them actual good advice. Like how the fuck does he expect that to work?

leng jai

Is it even possible to be good at comp playing solo queue exclusively? I've played about 30 games and legit won around 5, it's getting ridiculous. I play Dva mostly since no one wants to tank and almost every game there are useless Hanzo/MCree/Bastions and questionable team comps. Of course there's endless bickering in the team chat 24/7 as well.

Gorillaz

in terms of solo Q I"ve been climbing as winston

obviously things will go wrong but I picked him because people are so afraid of starting team fights and im worn out on rein just give the healers

Top Bottom