• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

MCD

Kids can be really good at this game. Teaming up with a 11 year old kid and he really is something else with Lucio.

LiK

Kids can be really good at this game. Teaming up with a 11 year old kid and he really is something else with Lucio.

Teamed up with a kid on mic who was a really good Bastion once. He basically killed everyone. He also didn't tilt or have an attitude. He was very positive. I wish more kids were like that. God bless his parents,

Took a couple nights off comp.

First 2 games are KOTH and both crushing defeats.

Solo Ana healer first game with me solo tank. 0-3

Symmetra second game putting Teleporters right outside the point. 0-3

Shit is fucking twilight zone.

My last two games were KOTH, we were up 2-1 both games and in the 4th round both games had a teammate disconnect.

HMD

Best Reinhardt I've ever played with was a 12 year old kid, kids have insane reflexes and reaction times sometimes. Almost all of his ults were on point and he baited enemy Reinhardts ults successfully all the time.

Fuck it. I quit. I've never quit a competitive game before cuz it's a douche thing to do
But we had the fucking game in the BAG and these... stupid cunts decided to fucking hang around the spawn of Hanimura instead of forming a defense. So fuck it. Fuck them. Idiots.

No more soloq for me. Its qp or nothing. I'm not hanging my enjoyment on the shoulders of morons.

*fumming

2514, finally at Plat. Gonna turn this shit off. I feel a bad streak starting if I stay on here tonight.

What this yoyo of a game? Yeah, it'll happen.

Edit:
I dipped my toe into this comp shit(dabbled once or twice in previous seasons) gave it a decent shot, MET my expectations, now I'm going back to qp, sound off, gb podcast, Widowmaker, fun. Playing for myself.

Why the fuck did we say that D.va sucks after she was nerfed?

The half that she can nullify most offensive ults, means she will always be good.

Granted without her dm, she's pretty butt. I don't know how they can nerf it.

Well her DM was later buffed after people freaked out over her armor nerf.

Fuck it. I quit. I've never quit a competitive game before cuz it's a douche thing to do
But we had the fucking game in the BAG and these... stupid cunts decided to fucking hang around the spawn of Hanimura instead of forming a defense. So fuck it. Fuck them. Idiots.

I can't believe people still play defense on 2 cap maps at the offense spawn.

Almost every game "I say hey let's set up over here" or "we should back up", tonight one guy replied "we can't just let them come to us" and then immediately died and then left the team chat.

Ensirius

Almost every game "I say hey let's set up over here" or "we should back up", tonight one guy replied "we can't just let them come to us" and then immediately died and then left the team chat.
I'm so triggered just reading this.

Banzai

What rank is this? I figured everyone learned not to do this in season 1.

T-0800

My 14 year old daughter is really getting into this game. We just bought it this week and I'm loving it and I'm glad that she is too.

Kysen

Getting past 3k SR going in solo seems unfathomable to me. Is it possible? I'm pretty much on the voting screen in 90% of my matches w/ my 1-trick Zen yet pretty much hover just under 3k..indefinitely.

Do most Master/GM dudes party up?
You need to be making plays, getting key kills that win you fights will put you over most zens in your bracket. If you just play passive and heal with the occasional kill you wont rank up.

_Legacy_

Seems like comp was bad for a lot of people yesterday, myself included. Duo q, lost on Illios thanks to a godly widow on the other team, never seen that before on KOTH, almost guarantee to be using keyboard and mouse. Loss another game after that and called it a day, I only lost 43 SR. I apparently had good performances with my zen, going by my overbuff stats. Pretty much 80th percentile and above across the board in those games.

Fugu

Getting past 3k SR going in solo seems unfathomable to me. Is it possible? I'm pretty much on the voting screen in 90% of my matches w/ my 1-trick Zen yet pretty much hover just under 3k..indefinitely.

I solo queued, and it's arguably easier to do it solo queue because the matchmaker compensates for groups in mysterious and vexing ways.

Climbing as Zen is certainly not the easiest way to do it, though. I'd suggest playing DPS if you think your rank is inappropriately low.

The buff wasn't really that substantial though? IIRC, it only really helped against roadhog.

It's huge against Ana's nade and it makes it much harder to use Graviton while the mech is up. It is also really good against Roadhog.

Most pros say that change is what brought her into the meta.

Owzers

I guess Comp was a mess last night.
Pinku, Ned, me, ninja went 3-0-1, but I also whined when the team didn't shoot sym turrets that were on my Rein. Later I went 1-1 soloq and got out, my one win was a reverse sweep and the loss was a team comp nightmare.

i solo que 95% of my game. i might duo just to make sure i have a tank on the team. mmr is always one sided for me.

X-Frame

I wish Zarya would get her energy Charge nerf reverted.

She was almost a 100% staple pick at the point of the nerf if I remember correctly but now is barely picked as the meta has shifted. Could help as a more consistently high charge Zarya would be used as another soft counter to D.Va now too.

She was almost a 100% staple pick at the point of the nerf if I remember correctly but now is barely picked as the meta has shifted. Could help as a more consistently high charge Zarya would be used as another soft counter to D.Va now too.

Zarya doesn't get played because she gets absolutely wrecked by dive. I think she will be played more when the meta shifts to a more conservative playstyle.

Back before my kids starting playing, I would save boxes for them to open (they then started playing and I have to buy boxes for them every event). I got up to 20 or so before letting them open them (I'm not big on cosmetics, even though I have the New Year skins for my 3 mains- Zen, DVa, and Winston).

Opening boxes in Overwatch is a truly amazing experience. For children, at least.

Opening a large amount of boxes is the most fun I have in Overwatch these days. I'm glad they're just recycling events at this point. It's not sustainable (for my wallet)

Any word on upping console tick rate? I die fairly often when should be safe, corners are annoying but shit like Sombra teleport to a health pack then dying from something still hitting me where I was just pisses me off. Tracer after blinks or rewind too.

antitrop

Any word on upping console tick rate? I die fairly often when should be safe, corners are annoying but shit like Sombra teleport to a health pack then dying from something still hitting me where I was just pisses me off. Tracer after blinks or rewind too.
That Sombra shit is a bug that happens even on 60Hz PC servers. Good news is the bug is fixed on PTR for next patch.

I-hate-u

Akande Ogundimu seems to be an African name = Doomfist is Black = Terry Crews is voicing him (most likely).

I guess Doomfist is not an Omnic after all? So what's the explaination for the Omnic name on the poster in Numbani then?

mafnstaqcnkvr837gkvd.png

I-hate-u

Doomfist needs to come with a patch, or somehow he himself balances the game so that Winston/D.Va and Tracer are not completely ruining it. People are calling this meta worse than the World of Tank one, and that's something.

cyborg009

Banned
Doomfist needs to come with a patch, or somehow he himself balances the game so that Winston/D.Va and Tracer are not completely ruining it. People are calling this meta worse than the World of Tank one, and that's something.

Beyblade was the worst meta tho.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Zarya sadly isn't in a great place right now. She needs some time to get charge, but when everyone is just diving right away, she doesn't have a chance to get it before big team fights.

Sombra's growing popularity also hurts Zarya hard.

Plesiades

Akande Ogundimu seems to be an African name = Doomfist is Black = Terry Crews is voicing him (most likely).

I guess Doomfist is not an Omnic after all? So what's the explaination for the Omnic name on the poster in Numbani then?

mafnstaqcnkvr837gkvd.png

Retcon after signing Crews?

https://www.twitch.tv/ognglobal
APEX S3
Semi Finals

Kongdoo Panthera VS Envyus

Envy got destroyed D:

Pinku, Ned, me, ninja went 3-0-1, but I also whined when the team didn't shoot sym turrets that were on my Rein. Later I went 1-1 soloq and got out, my one win was a reverse sweep and the loss was a team comp nightmare.

And we won one before Ninja joined us too.

It was a good day, even with me throwing as reaper we managed to draw hanamura. All thanks to your turret!

Top Bottom