• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Nazo

I hope Blizz isn't going to pull another bait and switch with Doomfist, like they (unintentionally) did with Orisa.

Cappa

Banned
A week and half without internet and overwatch.... My account is probably decayed to 3000 by now lol.

Ugghhh hopefully I'll have internet by tomorrow....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine Doomfist to be more of a brawler than a Reinhardt, Orisa or Winston type tank. More like Roadhog with a grab or some shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to add a snarky support hero
latest

exYle

The latter.

I feel ya. Someone made a post recently explaining how each meta has always revolved around tank abilities and it's becoming pretty evident, even I love tanks.

That's what I think too. Maybe be able to throw friendly heros across the map as well.

The troll potential would be so good.

I think there would have to be a Symmetra/Reaper-like confirm/cancel toggle if Doomfist can do this, so you specifically cannot throw friendlies off the edge. Also allies need the option of jumping off of Doomfist when they choose.

IKizzLE

Getting past 3k SR going in solo seems unfathomable to me. Is it possible? I'm pretty much on the voting screen in 90% of my matches w/ my 1-trick Zen yet pretty much hover just under 3k..indefinitely.

Do most Master/GM dudes party up?
I solo que. I hit a season low of 3520. I'm currently 4037. That's over 500 SR vain over the course of a week.

exYle

They just fixed him.

Please elaborate.

He's been on an anti-Reaper crusade since the buff. I haven't seen any real substantive arguments against said buff, though. And I'm curious to see what rank he plays at since most people can deal with Reaper just fine

Phu

Banned
I'd wager Doomfist will be a defense character, if only because the other classes have all got an additional character.

I bet he'll be a tank.

His left hand will shoot out like a grappling hook to grab and pull in enemy characters and then when they're close his right hand will deliver a supercharged punch to finish them off. It'd be nice to have a character like that.

I bet he'll be a tank.

His left hand will shoot out like a grappling hook to grab and pull in enemy characters and then when they're close his right hand will deliver a supercharged punch to finish them off. It'd be nice to have a character like that.

RIP Hog, if he wasnt dead enough,

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Their last additional character was a tank, I doubt they'll release another one so soon.

I'm betting on a defense hero too.

rulerk1

Played 3 Sombra qp matches. Had 40% accuracy for all and like 50 EMP/hacked targets. Went to comp and got told to switch off after we got steamrolled on defense. I'm so inconsistent 😂

antitrop

Played 3 Sombra qp matches. Had 40% accuracy for all and like 50 EMP/hacked targets. Went to comp and got told to switch off after we got steamrolled on defense. I'm so inconsistent ��

Meh, most people don't understand what Sombra does. I had a game on my alt playing Sombra on Numbani where I was having a good game on Defense (Gold Elims, Damage, and Obj Kills, Silver Healing when we had two supports), but we still ended up letting the enemy cap the point, but not with much time left.

One guy aggressively blames me during round change, someone autolocks Sombra away from me, so I go Hanzo. I don't play Hanzo, but it was Platinum, so I was still getting tons of kills on him and we ended up winning the match very, very easily. I ended up getting Sombra POTG and the highlight intro hacked it away from the guy who said I did nothing.

I'll never forget that game. I wish I recorded it, ultimate vindication.

Reaper is fucking broken.

-damn it.

I bet he'll be a tank.

That would definitely get me back into this game. We need something like that.

Fugu

I think Reaper is still on the underpowered side of things, but that very well may change if close range brawling ever becomes meta.

Played 3 Sombra qp matches. Had 40% accuracy for all and like 50 EMP/hacked targets. Went to comp and got told to switch off after we got steamrolled on defense. I'm so inconsistent 😂

Naw, from what I notice from people who tell you to switch is, they don't take advantage and play around the health packs. Too many people are insistent on having a heal beam right on them as they do stupid shit, it's a crutch. The EMP is insanely valuable to have when the enemy attempts to push in. If you're the first one dying at every team fight then of course you should switch, but that goes for any character you use...

Also, point B on 2CP is easily Sombras best, health pack denial + EMP to stop the ults/abilities from raining is too critical.

Blues1990

Hoping that the Defense Heroes will get some TLC in the future. It would be cool if Torbjorn will be able to give his Turret an armour pack, along with him being able to use his hammer to repair Omnic heroes (Zenyatta, Orisa, and Bastion).

You know, just some all QOL changes.

_Legacy_

Went 1-4 today in comp, think we'll hold out for a 3 or 4 stick next time. Im finding it hard to grind out wins when we're at an immediate disadvantage with people who lack awareness and drive in this game.

Worst game was Horizon where our Torb didn't even setup a turret on point A and he proceeded to stink the place out from there. Then on attack, we cap point A and have 6 minutes to get B. Our Ana and Reaper held onto their ults for at least 4 minutes, which in my eyes, should be a bannable offence. Ana gets her ult so quickly but she was either waiting for some huge play or just forgetting she had it. Of course, we didn't cap B, Reaper must have holding his ult for dat POTG moment but it never came. Both players could have had several ults in that amount of time, it's crazy that people do this at diamond.

Top Bottom