• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

If Reaper was OP he would see a lot of play at the pro level, his usage rate would be really high in competitive, and his win rate would be very high.

While all of those did increase, none of them give anything close to the impression he is OP.

Ramirez

I bet he'll be a tank.

His left hand will shoot out like a grappling hook to grab and pull in enemy characters and then when they're close his right hand will deliver a supercharged punch to finish them off. It'd be nice to have a character like that.

So nerf RH to replace him with another RH?

I could see the gauntlet having a pinning function like Rein, maybe not doing any damage, but keeping someone pinned for a set amount of time or until someone shot the gauntlet off of you. I know this would piss people off, so I'd say it's unlikely. Maybe he'll punch the ground and create some kind of vortex that keeps anyone from jumping/flying, it'd have to be pretty generous in size though to be useful.

I dunno, fun to speculate even though I'm probably way off base.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DD2xSKbV0AAUFKj.jpg:large

If Reaper was OP he would see a lot of play at the pro level, his usage rate would be really high in competitive, and his win rate would be very high.

While all of those did increase, none of them give anything close to the impression he is OP.

Reaper is only OP in the sense that you can't trust most of your teams to focus him on ladder.

It's funny to watch how people respond to him. Most don't even give a thought to dmg him..

I'd rather see the gauntlet be a grab and throw. As a means to deflate the dive comp. If you dive on a doomfist he'll just throw you away, leaving you stunned if you hit a wall, causing the dive to be down 1 in the initial engagement

Ramirez

I'd rather see the gauntlet be a grab and throw. As a means to deflate the dive comp. If you dive on a doomfist he'll just throw you away, leaving you stunned if you hit a wall, causing the dive to be down 1 in the initial engagement

I see this as being hilarious on maps where people can die to environmental hazards...guess it would depend on the CD. At least with my pin idea, you'd still have to aim it like the hook.

rulerk1

Why does reaper have shrug cosmetics and artwork? Did I miss a meme?

Reaper is broken if no one pays attention. In all the matches I've had with gaf stacks, reaper was the most annoying pre buff

Permanently A

I feel like Doomfist should have an ability which locks out movement based abilities and slows. Assuming he is a melee only character, an ability like this would make sense. Also would be a great counter to Winston and D.Va.

Might need to just nerf mobility in general since it's too good not to have rn. maybe reduce tracer/genji walkspeed?

Don't know, but I'd prefer they don't nerf more characters that I like to play (Tracer and Genji being two of them), Hog was already bad enough ;_;

I just want Doomfist to have some kind of ability that allows him to move through the map with ease, I don't want another Orisa (even though I think she can be fun to play).

Not really.

Blues1990

Don't know, but I'd prefer they don't nerf more characters that I like to play (Tracer and Genji being two of them), Hog was already bad enough ;_;

I just want Doomfist to have some kind of ability that allows him to move through the map with ease, I don't want another Orisa (even though I think she can be fun to play).

And I want the Defense Heroes to get some TLC, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. :(

Beardy

You have to understand that aimbots do not work on projectiles, so a fishy looking Hanzo is nothing more than a really good shot

Uhh there are aimbots for projectile.

Not saying the clip is or isn't, considering it looks like a QP match and I can't tell what rank he is.

jviggy43

This same reasoning should have shut people up about hog but now look what they went and done.

Doomfist has a short range horizontal sweep that causes damage and small knock back and a long range precision punch that goes through shields (inverse of RH hook) Ult is a battlecry thing that has massive knockback in it's circle that inflicts 3 second slowdown (inverse of graviton)

Like and subscribe.

Ramirez

Not really.

Maybe he'll be able to swing like Bionic Commando, lol.

exYle

Uhh there are aimbots for projectile.

Not saying the clip is or isn't, considering it looks like a QP match and I can't tell what rank he is.

How would that work? My understanding of hitscan aimbots is that they work via a screen overlay and detect the red outlines of the enemies. That would only work for projectiles if the enemy was standing still. A projectile aimbot would need some pretty heavy predictive algorithms.

exYle

Aimbots work by getting the hitbox of a player character and locking onto it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_0Klx83bE

Interesting, but it's worth noting that the video primarily shows the aimbot working when the enemy is midair. There aren't really many characters in OW who can juggle opponents into the air with explosives, and mid-air travel is predictable cause of how gravity is coded into games, so it seems to me that this particular projectile aimbot could be countered by some simple ADAD strafing on the ground.

you know what's great? we are winning on horizon they haven't capped the first point. there's 30 seconds left on the clock. and my game d/c. by the time i got back the other team already capped the second point. and i still get d/c. but the time it started working again (my ping wasn't in the 2k anymore) there was 20 seconds left when we got to attack. then after the match was over. i get a 5 minute ban. FUCKING GREAT JOB BLIZZARD YOU FUCK FACE

you know what's great? we are winning on horizon they haven't capped the first point. there's 30 seconds left on the clock. and my game d/c. by the time i got back the other team already capped the second point. and i still get d/c. but the time it started working again (my ping wasn't in the 2k anymore) there was 20 seconds left when we got to attack. then after the match was over. i get a 5 minute ban. FUCKING GREAT JOB BLIZZARD YOU FUCK FACE

Their servers have really shit the bed this season for wutever reason.

I'm on PS4 and with some unopened loot boxes. Do we have the "less duplicates" in effect yet or should I wait for whenever they make that change to open my loot boxes??

Phu

Banned
I'm on PS4 and with some unopened loot boxes. Do we have the "less duplicates" in effect yet or should I wait for whenever they make that change to open my loot boxes??

Loot box contents are decided based on when you get them, not when you open them.

"No dupes" isn't active yet, but lootboxes lock in their contents when you earn them, not when you open them, so go ahead and open them.

MCD

We need two healers

We need two tanks

Lost two rounds

Then I said OK. I am not going D.VA and demand healing every sec. Gonna go to my first main Tracer. Everyone please pick your fav heroes but at least one should pick Lucio.

We obliterated thier team with no tanks. Full offense. Tracer, Reaper, Mcree, Lucio, Soldier and Pharah.

Everyone kept saying how is this working during the whole match hahaha

MCD

Can someone tell me how to use genjos blade

It feels awful. I melee once and enemies walk away while im slashing air

There is a pro Genji called Arikadou? I think on youtube. I hate watching videos but it's your best place to learn.

Or if you know a Genji main tell him/her to go 1v1. Best way to learn imo.

Climbing just feels more luck based than it has. You're either on that good team or the bad one.

I've tried to discipline myself into forgetting about climbing and just enjoy comp on a by-game basis. But MAN when you get that gain from a streak only to massively lose it. You can't help but notice and give a damn.

My best gains have been with Lik. I don't know how he feels but I find we've usually got good synergy going.

Level 17... I was not expecting that reaching 25 would be so hard.

I'm starting to question if it is worth being the team's bitch and take the healer or tank role in Quick Play with randos because nobody else will do it. Even if I like those roles, medic still means having to chase people around, and as Reindhart I am left alone most of the time and I end being surrounded by 3 rivals in what feels more like a humilliation conga. Or seeing that the enemy is a level 50-80 team being pitted agans 4-7 while I can only say "We are soooo fudged". Then "Yep, we are fudged" when they start leaving the game.

So basically, I need to find friends that will bother with actual team play or I will end rage uninstalling the game sooner or later. I was asked if I could fill in on a team short on people for a tournament at a 4000+ people lanparty during the 22 to 25 of July (nobody being serious players and being just for the fun), but heck. Too much anxiety, I suck too much, and I'm not even sure I can get into competitive by then without suffering burnout.

PS: Well, the highlight of the session was getting hate chat for killing widows and hanzos from behind. Either that or shotting down a far away Phara with Firestrike.

Owzers

Climbing just feels more luck based than it has. You're either on that good team or the bad one.
Yup. Pinku and I went 3-1 duoq tonight. Why? I dunno. I think me adding Winston possibilities fits better with randoms than going Rein 100% of the time, but it still feels like a randoms coin flip.

Maybe I have strong leadership skills.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I might be at my giving up point for now and need to take a break after an annoying record of 3-6 last night. I reached my initial goal of 2350 as being the median rank according to blizzard. Would have been nice to toss in a platinum but doesn't seem worth it right now. We'll see how I feel latter.

It looks like Gigantic's open beta just got some major updates in preparation for the release later this month. Maybe it's time try that out.

LiK

Sty's latest video about toxic players is pretty spot on. Def worth a watch. It's exactly why I decided to bail on comms now. Been winning without it anyway.

Geneijin

Sty's latest video about toxic players is pretty spot on. Def worth a watch. It's exactly why I decided to bail on comms now. Been winning without it anyway.
Not being in comms can also be a form of toxicity when everybody else on your team is participating.

Top Bottom