• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Last year summer games were in august right?

So a whole month with nothing new in Overwatch if they do it the same month this year? :(

MCD

I need to learn when to stop playing

Got matched against master and lost. After that it's all downhill. Lol

_Legacy_

Those games were great. That Illios one was amazing. At one point I was about to switch Winston for somebody else, but in the end it payed off. You left at the right time, after your last match we got into one in Eichenwalde, and all 5 of us had the sound fucked up. We didn't here anything, not even the ults, so it was pretty impossible to do anything. I believe the other team did some kind of magic shit because they were all using characters with fat charge ults, like torb, hanzo and junkrat, and if you can't hear the ults of those kind of picks you're 100% dead.

I stil can't believe we got a win nn Gibraltar. That hold was great, and also I was pretty happy of being able to do some Winston play 3 games in a row with a proper team. I deserve a better win ratio with Mr Monkey T_T. Also, I might become an Edgelord Reaper main for certain maps, having lots of fun with him.

Today I'll be online, though I'm not sure at what time.

Ah that's weird, never seen that happen before.

Yeah your Winston is on point and your Reaper too, we had a really good team there.

I'll probably be on about my usual 9-9.30, I'll invite you if you're around.

antitrop

No. Damage boost doesn't affect anything that becomes its own entity, like self-destruct.
But it still gives you Offensive Assist for some reason, so I do it just because I'm a stat-whore.

Damage Boosting a Baby Dva will boost the damage of her bomb though, Im 100% sure of that.

I don't know why it works on Dva, but not on Junkrat. Inconsistent rules.

Fugu

But it still gives you Offensive Assist for some reason, so I do it just because I'm a stat-whore.

Damage Boosting a Baby Dva will boost the damage of her bomb though, Im 100% sure of that.

Are you sure? I remember testing this when the game came out and concluding that it didn't. It's been a long time, however, and I could be wrong.

Yager

Banned

Sounds like Overwatch.

I don't understand people who leave voice comms for the silliest reasons. Why are they playing ranked? LOL.

Someone asked me to switch or called out my shit pick? It is time to leave the voice channel huehue. Stick to QP okay? It is okay to bitch about having solo tank or solo healer, but it is okay to pick shit defense heroes because you main them. So many selfish and narcissistic one tricks around. You can at least explain your pick and say you will switch if it doesn't work.

I don't understand people who leave voice comms for the silliest reasons. Why are they playing ranked? LOL.

Someone asked me to switch or called out my shit pick? It is time to leave the voice channel huehue. Stick to QP okay? It is okay to bitch about having solo tank or solo healer, but it is okay to pick shit defense heroes because you main them. So many selfish and narcissistic one tricks around. You can at least explain your pick and say you will switch if it doesn't work.

I get this a lot, as healer "We don't need 4 DPS can we get a tank or something".

Dickhead left the team voice channel
Dickhead2 left the team voice channel

Why even join it???? You think your shit picks are gonna get praise?

LiK

Have you finished P5?

Going back to OW? I want to see if I can bring Owzers below 3000, you should help. He's usually playing Horizon now though, trying to avoid his fate.

He already dropped back below 3000 with me when we were in a 4 game losing streak. Throwers all night long.

_Legacy_

He already dropped back below 3000 with me when we were in a 4 game losing streak. Throwers all night long.

We had something similar last week, it's so annoying. This has been the worst season in that respect, far too many throwers.

LiK

We had something similar last week, it's so annoying. This has been the worst season in that respect, far too many throwers.

Quite a gamble more than anything else. Solo Q was always a gamble but even a duo queue in previous seasons wasn't so bad. Nowadays, you might get a player who decides to tilt immediately from picks or losing the first team fight and then does their best to just suck.

Were you duoing? If your group average is considerably lower than 3000 and it's a small stack you're probably going to get yourselves in a world of pain.

I used to appreciate plat games (high plat > low-mid diamond when people were actually trying) but from my experience the quality of plat games this season is the equivalent of gold two seasons ago when I placed on my alt, games are hilarious in a bad way.

LiK

Were you duoing? If your group average is considerably lower than 3000 and it's a small stack you're probably going to get yourselves in a world of pain.

I used to appreciate plat games (high plat > low-mid diamond when people were actually trying) but from my experience the quality of plat games this season is the equivalent of gold two seasons ago when I placed on my alt, games are hilarious in a bad way.

Just a bad night cuz we played on a Saturday night with stupid kids. We did better on the weeknights.

Duo ain't bad. I was playing with Berserk last night and we went 4-1 in a lot of fun matches. Sunday nights seem to be the better nights to play.

Yager

Banned
Quite a gamble more than anything else. Solo Q was always a gamble but even a duo queue in previous seasons wasn't so bad. Nowadays, you might get a player who decides to tilt immediately from picks or losing the first team fight and then does their best to just suck.

From my experience (and I think Legacy's too T_T) this has been so far the worst season for duo. I had more luck in solo Q than with 2-3 stack.

X-Frame

Dang, last season I placed 3050 and this season like 2650. I felt I did way better this time too. So strange. All solo-Q.

Guess I need to climb and use minimal amount of heroes to exploit the less than ideal SR performance system.

_Legacy_

Yeah, last season I had a good amount of success in a duo. This season has been really hard in duo, either throwers or randoms who punched above their weight and getting found out in high plat/ low diamond.

From my experience (and I think Legacy's too T_T) this has been so far the worst season for duo. I had more luck in solo Q than with 2-3 stack.

Yeah it sucks because of how good overall last season went. We've had greater success this time round with 4-6. Weirdly, my solo q games have been mostly good, go figure!

Banzai

Stick with it man! It took me until last season to hit diamond for the first time, once you finally get there, it will only seem like a ghostly mental barrier and it won't even be hard to stay around/above 3k

they don't want you to hit diamond and it's just 40pt drop. when you drop like a couple hundred then you should take a break.

I'll definitely keep trying. I just have a rule to stop playing for at least a couple of hours whenever I lose 2 in a row.

I did play a few earlier.
2911->2912

CPCunha

"New" to Overwatch... level 31 now, wanted to at least understand the basics before i showed my face on OverwatchGAF.

...hopefully we'll play together sometime!

So I got dced twice yesterday at the very start of games. I never D.C. Got 50 sr penalty on each. I rejoined so damn fast too. If Blizz is gonna be handing out this kinda penalty they got give me a realistic time to rejoin. Both were just blips in my comcast connection. I tried rejoining immediately.

Got my season high to 2888, if that didn't happen... if those two were wins..... ugh. Finished the night 2787

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really hate Reaper now.

image.php

...i have a very long history with TF2 so i'm familiar with Junkrat... but i played Orisa the most.

Can't go wrong with a tank as no one ever wants to play them. Junk is better than he's ever been at the moment as well.

Try to get at least serviceable with 2 heroes from each group is the best advice.

Don't let the trolls online spoil your fun, it's really a great game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate Reaper now.

Yeah, used to be as winston I could 1v1 the less good reapers with just shield dancing better. Now I absolutely have to have help.

The roadhog 1v1 favorability with reaper completely flipped with this patch.

CPCunha

Can't go wrong with a tank as no one ever wants to play them. Junk is better than he's ever been at the moment as well.

Try to get at least serviceable with 2 heroes from each group is the best advice.

Don't let the trolls online spoil your fun, it's really a great game.

That's my only complain about the game... and a big one at that...
As i said, last online shooter i played was TF2 and my god how i miss the server browser tool... battlenet and it's stupid AMERICAS server pairs me with the most toxic crowd... other Brazilians. It matters not how i do in a game (had 4 gold medals in one match as an example), the team looses and it is still my fault just by choosing Junkrat. That's the kinda shit that made me learn to play with 110 ping on TF2... would GLADLY do the same with Overwatch. Until i have a solid friends list, i guess i'll have to put up with it.

-sigh-

So I got dced twice yesterday at the very start of games. I never D.C. Got 50 sr penalty on each. I rejoined so damn fast too. If Blizz is gonna be handing out this kinda penalty they got give me a realistic time to rejoin. Both were just blips in my comcast connection. I tried rejoining immediately.

Got my season high to 2888, if that didn't happen... if those two were wins..... ugh. Finished the night 2787

Yeah the first minute drops give like 10 seconds to rejoin, and even if you do rejoin in time it still ends the game when you load in and bans you with a SR penalty.

Should up it to 30 seconds or something.

That's my only complain about the game... and a big one at that...
As i said, last online shooter i played was TF2 and my god how i miss the server browser tool... battlenet and it's stupid AMERICAS server pairs me with the most toxic crowd... other Brazilians. It matters not how i do in a game (had 4 gold medals in one match as an example), the team looses and it is still my fault just by choosing Junkrat. That's the kinda shit that made me learn to play with 110 ping on TF2... would GLADLY do the same with Overwatch. Until i have a solid friends list, i guess i'll have to put up with it.

-sigh-

Yeah its been crazy lately.

There is a server browser in arcade, maybe check that out. I play on ps4 or I would group with ya for some games.

Ramirez

Man I would give anything if Blizzard would ban shitty picks like Widow and attack Torb in comp on PS4.

People switching off Lucio to Junkrat, god damnit I hate this games community.

Kysen

Seems win/loss streaks are well and truly gone on seasoned accounts. Gaining 20SR per win even when on a 7 game streak.

Top Bottom