• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

AbaFadi

Banned
What type of aim style do you use? I'm currently using Linear Ramp but it's really twitchy and I'm not getting the types of shots off that I want to with it.

I use Dual Zone, 75 horizontal, 50 vertical, 95 aim smoothing, everything else like aim assist is default. I use short crosshairs for every hero with no bloom on..

LiK

I use Dual Zone, 75 horizontal, 50 vertical, 95 aim smoothing, everything else like aim assist is default. I use short crosshairs for every hero with no bloom on..

I use a similar setting except my sensitivity is 68/68+ depending on heroes. Works the best for me.

Kain

I'm liking playing Mercy more and more. I don't even like the ress, I just like to heal directly and flying around. It's also oddly satisfying to kill tanks with her gun, for some reason Reins just ignore me while I cap them lol

I also like Ana a lot, but there's something with Mercy that's just cooler...

You can only go up from there, man. :/

I dropped my /s, sorry lol.

I mean, yeah there's gonna be hackers and some aren't gonna be obvious and some are.

But if you can't laugh at the situation sometimes and just accept that it happened and move on it's gonna eat at you.

My bro was part of the CS:GO Overwatch reviewers for a while and we would spend an hour or two reviewing matches to see if anyone was hacking.

Sometimes it was blatantly obvious, other times you couldn't say if they were or if they got lucky.

I've been taking an OW break and it's been nice, really. Tekken 7's been a good lover. I check the thread now and again to hear the same stories being told which is a bummer.

I'm liking playing Mercy more and more. I don't even like the ress, I just like to heal directly and flying around. It's also oddly satisfying to kill tanks with her gun, for some reason Reins just ignore me while I cap them lol

I also like Ana a lot, but there's something with Mercy that's just cooler...

The free SR Kappa. Also I find a Rez to be more of a "turn the tide" tool than Nanoboost, nowadays.

I mean, yeah there's gonna be hackers and some aren't gonna be obvious and some are.

But if you can't laugh at the situation sometimes and just accept that it happened and move on it's gonna eat at you.

My bro was part of the CS:GO Overwatch reviewers for a while and we would spend an hour or two reviewing matches to see if anyone was hacking.

Sometimes it was blatantly obvious, other times you couldn't say if they were or if they got lucky.

kinda been my whole point. it can be questionable.

I use a similar setting except my sensitivity is 68/68+ depending on heroes. Works the best for me.
Thanks. I'm giving Dual Zone a shot right now with those settings and I'm somehow getting shots off with Widowmaker! It seems easier to do flick shots too. Thanks!

Blues1990

I've been taking an OW break and it's been nice, really. Tekken 7's been a good lover. I check the thread now and again to hear the same stories being told which is a bummer.

Ah, I see now. Thank you for clarifying.

Also, "Favor the shooter" my ass.

I thought I was somehow getting really unlucky with my pins with Reinhardt as of late, but after watching this, it has triggered me so badly.

Yager

Banned
Reaper is a front line dps lol

Not when the other team has a Dva that is focusing in negating all yours damage output. When that happens you have to change your approach. Besides, Reaper is frontline when the fight has already started, but before that you have to position somewhere that compensates the poor moveset.

LiK

Reaper is a much better flanker now with the buff. His ability to sustain makes it easier for him to blow up Support in the backlines and then wraithing away. Some of the worst games I've had with Zen was a damn Reaper focus firing on me through the entire match.

Yager

Banned
Reaper is a much better flanker now with the buff. His ability to sustain makes it easier for him to blow up Support in the backlines and then wraithing away. Some of the worst games I've had with Zen was a damn Reaper focus firing on me through the entire match.

Exactly. A good Reaper is a Reaper you don't see coming.

Can you track targets well with aim smoothing below 100?

I tried a lot of settings with it below 100 changing my sensitivity too and I always had the same problems no matter what, I could put my aim over targets faster than before but if they were moving a lot all went to shit, always felt like it's really hard to do small adjustments, like I had no control over my aim.

In the end I sticked with the usual 90-100 sensitivity with everything else on 100 (smoothing, assist and assist size). I use the vortex kontrol freeks.

Dual Zone is the best. Trying to play hitscan without it was awful.
I haven't tried turning the smoothing down when I played around with Dual Zone. It's super good, I'm impressed. I typically play FPS games on my Mac (lol) so I'm used to the precision a mouse provides and this control method exceeded my expectations tbh.

No more bumming it out as Symmetra, Winston, Mei, and Mercy lol. I can go past my comfort zone now

Salarians

>Cute

>Reaper

Pick one.
CqFYlQ0UEAAezMv.png

MCD

GG Dark Legacy. Had a blast tonight even after the system farted and kicked me out (SR down the drain) and that thrower.

Ramirez

One trick Master Mercy gets pissed that someone else picks Mercy. Spams thanks and I need healing all match, we get obliterated.

Previous season ranks were low gold and plat, good job Blizzard.

One trick Master Mercy gets pissed that someone else picks Mercy. Spams thanks and I need healing all match, we get obliterated.

Previous season ranks were low gold and plat, good job Blizzard.

You can climb as Mercy with a ~40% winrate.

Someone at Blizzard fucked up pretty badly at their job.

Nimby

Banned
Changes that I hope are with the "Doomfist" patch:
Winston bubble nerf - Just revert the buff to his bubble
Mei buffs - Mei is both an effective counter to Tracer and D.Va, but she can't be used as often because of her unreliable damage and her immobility vs. dive. I would just increase the fire rate on her icicle, Mei already counters D.Va with freeze, and she can stop Tracer in her tracks with one headshot.

_Legacy_

GG Dark Legacy. Had a blast tonight even after the system farted and kicked me out (SR down the drain) and that thrower.

GG dude, fuck that leaver! That would have been one of the easiest wins I've played in comp, we nearly held them with 5 as well, down to the last 30 secs.

2nd game on Hanamura was good, nice win.

The XP bans are stupid, leaving a late join that is beyond lost should not count especially as you often get thrown into them back to back.

So now I gotta be an asshole and suicide throw 3v3 to burn through the match count til get XP again.

MCD

GG dude, fuck that leaver! That would have been one of the easiest wins I've played in comp, we nearly held them with 5 as well, down to the last 30 secs.

2nd game on Hanamura was good, nice win.

You are a great player. Let's get you to diamond where you belong.

I was trying to kill Sombra as Mcree, she went invisible around a truck with very little health, and I had no flashbang.

I took a random shot at the air in front of me. BAM! Killed her.

I'm kind of afraid I'll be reported for hacking or something because that shit was MAGIC!

Changes that I hope are with the "Doomfist" patch:
Winston bubble nerf - Just revert the buff to his bubble
Mei buffs - Mei is both an effective counter to Tracer and D.Va, but she can't be used as often because of her unreliable damage and her immobility vs. dive. I would just increase the fire rate on her icicle, Mei already counters D.Va with freeze, and she can stop Tracer in her tracks with one headshot.

Nah I hated the way his bubble felt before. Waiting for it to be destroyed is much less intuitive than the current way it works. I 100% agree it needs to be nerfed, but I would do so by increasing the cool down on it by a couple seconds or something.

I would also nerf D.Va, but I don't really know what to do specifically to her so my first instinct is to decrease the amount of defense matrix she can hold.

Also buff Roadhog please

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Outperform DPS as Zenyatta for 3 rounds
-Lose
-?????
-Minus 26 SR
Blizzard needs to design a system that punishes people that can't play more than one character.
That would require the current system to be flex friendly, which it isn't.

maomaoIYP

Maybe I'm imagining things but the number of players seem to have taken a huge fall on PS4 in Asia. A comp match last night had me in a team with a 4 stack of diamonds versus a 3 stack of plat, gold and silver. My side decimated them. The 3 randoms on the other team were so pissed they insta-quit immediately when the game ended.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are Blizzard ok with Junkrat's passive and ult being completely useless?

I can't think of a single worse ult or passive in the game.

Top Bottom