• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Toxicity is horrible. Between smug 10 year olds, and vicious adults, it really does suck. Just had a game earlier with a plat, and he tried to blame our side for the loss, when his group was doing just as bad. Ended with a 5 minute screaming match. I'm usually a chill person, but you throw insults my way, you better believe they're coming back. Reminded me of my Cod days, and that's not a good thing.

LiK

Toxicity is horrible. Between smug 10 year olds, and vicious adults, it really does suck. Just had a game earlier with a plat, and he tried to blame our side for the loss, when his group was doing just as bad. Ended with a 5 minute screaming match. I'm usually a chill person, but you throw insults my way, you better believe they're coming back. Reminded me of my Cod days, and that's not a good thing.

The worst thing about it on console is there's no text chat so people just keep yelling and griping when things aren't going well. Not gonna listen to that shit. It's just verbal abuse.

_Legacy_

I don't know how you guys are getting success with duo q, me and Yager have been struggling to keep our team in the game. We're going to wait until we can get 3 or 4 man tonight, tired of randoms throwing or just not caring enough to secure the win. Maybe it's better on PS4, who knows.

LiK

I don't know how you guys are getting success with duo q, me and Yager have been struggling to keep our team in the game. We're going to wait until we can get 3 or 4 man tonight, tired of randoms throwing or just not caring enough to secure the win. Maybe it's better on PS4, who knows.

It's a gamble even on consoles. Had 0-4 with Owzers one night. Had 4-1 with Berserk the next night. Depends on who you get grouped up with. Lost with Owzers mainly cuz we had throwers and people who had terrible positioning.

Yager

Banned
HELLO REAPER MAINS. INSTEAD OF GOING DIRECTLY TO THE OTHER TEAM FACES AND SHOOTING WHILE DVA HAS IT'S DM ACTIVATED, HOW ABOUT YOU TRY TO FLANK AND FOCUS ON GETTING A COUPLE OF QUICK PICKS? I KNOW FLANKING CAN BE DIFICCULT, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU AT LEAST TRIED. THANK YOU.

Last night almost did it for me. Everyday I play brings me one step closer to dropping the game. It's ok if you are not good at the game if you at least try. It's OK if the other team is better than yours but you do your best. It's not OK to hold your ults for 4-5 straight minutes. It's not OK to pick flankers and not flanking. It's not OK to play Winston and go Leeroy Jenkins against the other team. It's not OK to pick characters like Torb if you don't know the map, and specially not OK to pick him for attack. It's not OK to ask for more healing when I'm the only healer doing my best to keep everyone alive while you are a shitty Genji/Reaper/Tracer that gets kill instantly in every encounter. And you can have a mad match, everybody can, hell, I am the first to admit and realize that I'm playing like shit, but in that case I switch or at least try to minimize my mistakes.

I just want to have fun. I don't even care if I win or lose if the team at least try. But this game is starting to become NO FUN ALLOWED territory, and I'm starting to get sick of it. I really want to love you, Overwatch, but the community it's making it hard. They should implement the report system ASAP on console, because shit is getting ridiculous, to the point that in most games I just get demoralized and stop caring about anything.

Hey ya'll. I've been playing this a lot lately on both console (mine) and PC(my boyfriend's) and aiming is SO SO SO much easier when I played on my boyfriend's gaming setup. I was wondering if there's anything that I can tinker around with to get *nearly* the same feel as a mouse?

I feel like my flick shots are trash on console, as evidenced by my Widow and Ana play being completely fucking upgraded the moment I played with them on PC to see the difference.

I know there's these plastic stick covers that are sold for extra precision and I've been playing around with linear ramp and my sensitivity to get the *feel* but can I ever get close enough with just a PS4 controller? 🤔

_Legacy_

It's a gamble even on consoles. Had 0-4 with Owzers one night. Had 4-1 with Berserk the next night. Depends on who you get grouped up with. Lost with Owzers mainly cuz we had throwers and people who had terrible positioning.

Past two days now and last couple of weeks, we have just had some really bad players, or they start off then well and just nosedive. It's really telling the one time we had a 6 stack on the weekend, we won all of our games, some of them being complete stomps.

I'd like to know what time of day in EU the good randoms are online!

HELLO REAPER MAINS. INSTEAD OF GOING DIRECTLY TO THE OTHER TEAM FACES AND SHOOTING WHILE DVA HAS IT'S DM ACTIVATED, HOW ABOUT YOU TRY TO FLANK AND FOCUS ON GETTING A COUPLE OF QUICK PICKS? I KNOW FLANKING CAN BE DIFICCULT, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU AT LEAST TRIED. THANK YOU.

Last night almost did it for me. Everyday I play brings me one step closer to dropping the game. It's ok if you are not good at the game if you at least try. It's OK if the other team is better than yours but you do your best. It's not OK to hold your ults for 4-5 straight minutes. It's not OK to pick flankers and not flanking. It's not OK to play Winston and go Leeroy Jenkins against the other team. It's not OK to pick characters like Torb if you don't know the map, and specially not OK to pick him for attack. It's not OK to ask for more healing when I'm the only healer doing my best to keep everyone alive while you are a shitty Genji/Reaper/Tracer that gets kill instantly in every encounter. And you can have a mad match, everybody can, hell, I am the first to admit and realize that I'm playing like shit, but in that case I switch or at least try to minimize my mistakes.

I just want to have fun. I don't even care if I win or lose if the team at least try. But this game is starting to become NO FUN ALLOWED territory, and I'm starting to get sick of it. I really want to love you, Overwatch, but the community it's making it hard. They should implement the report system ASAP on console, because shit is getting ridiculous, to the point that in most games I just get demoralized and stop caring about anything.

That Reaper....

I've never account blocked so many people in one night before!

you realize the report system on pc does nothing?

if youre trying to rank up in competitive, its actually FAR more efficient to just throw when you get matched with shitters due to blizzards massive incompetence. shouldn't take more than about 30 seconds to tell when you are below where you belong

blocking people just mutes them. again blizzard is just an lol bad dev

Yager

Banned
That Reaper....

I've never account blocked so many people in one night before!

Yeah, me too. But apparently it doesn't do shit because we both blocked that one guy and the next game he was again on our team.

I know that with a game as big as Overwatch you need time to introduce changes and improve it, but Blizzard are SO FUCKING SLOW at doing any of those things. The fact that we don't have a report system on console it's just ridiculous, and the worst thing is when the community complaints about something and they go "well, we checked the stats and numbers and stuff and there's nothing wrong there, you are just overreacting", which in some cases it's true, but for example the Roadhog change? With Old Hog you had more options to form a comp, now it's Dva+Winston or die.

I remember I got a bit tired of 3-tank meta and stuff, but this meta right now is probably even worse.

you realize the report system on pc does nothing?

I don't know, as a console peasant I haven't had the luxury to try it. It might not do anything, but at least is another option. Also, I know it's probably impossible to control, but the smurfs/double accounts situation on console is just stupid.

LiK

Reporting sometimes works cuz a Gaffer here said he got temp banned for being toxic. The reason we want it in console is because reports can start stacking up against real trolls and throwers.

IHaveIce

Banned
I hope we don't get more nerfs really.
Instead buff others, nerfing shit to being useless is no fun and was how destiny was handled.

Though the arrow by Hanzo is super annoying. Or pharmercy combo

Dive meta is the most fun I've had in OW though.

Though the arrow by Hanzo is super annoying. Or pharmercy combo

People still stick to healing just one character for the whole match? I usually try to stay in the area to defend, and maintain the health of the whole team if they are smart enough to group properly. problem is that there are times I will try to leave without thinking a lot if I see a critical health icon... that usually happens to be something pretty far away of a flanker.

Right now I rotate between Mercy, Reinhardt, Phara and Soldier 76 on quick play, as I know they are the characters I'm more or less decent at on quickplay. So pretty much I can work on support, offense and tanking, but I am still clueless when I have to fill a spot on defend. Which would be the next easiest character to train at? I don't really like snipers. I have thought that maybe I should try my luck at Bastion, but it's one of those that always gets instalocked.

_Legacy_

Reporting sometimes works cuz a Gaffer here said he got temp banned for being toxic. The reason we want it in console is because reports can start stacking up against real trolls and throwers.

This, I'd like to think if Blizz see someone has been reported over a certain number of times in a short timeframe, they can take action and ban for a week or two at least. At the moment, people that I have reported have been banned from communication on XBL but can still play and troll in comp. We need a way for these trolls/throwers to be banned from Overwatch for a certain amount of time.

People still stick to healing just one character for the whole match? I usually try to stay in the area to defend, and maintain the health of the whole team if they are smart enough to group properly. problem is that there are times I will try to leave without thinking a lot if I see a critical health icon... that usually happens to be something pretty far away of a flanker.

Right now I rotate between Mercy, Reinhardt, Phara and Soldier 76 on quick play, as I know they are the characters I'm more or less decent at on quickplay. So pretty much I can work on support, offense and tanking, but I am still clueless when I have to fill a spot on defend. Which would be the next easiest character to train at? I don't really like snipers. I have thought that maybe I should try my luck at Bastion, but it's one of those that always gets instalocked.

you dont need to learn a defense character, they are all garbage

MCD

Try Mei or Sym. Both can be helpful attack or defense.

As a Bastion main if you gonna go Bastion then prepare for the hate msgs.

Try Mei or Sym. Both can be helpful attack or defense.

As a Bastion main if you gonna go Bastion then prepare for the hate msgs.

I try to be flexible. Being a one trick pony is boring as heck. Even if it means beings mediocre at a lot of things instead of good at one and shitty at everything else.

I have to say, I'm starting to appreciate having a Lucio on the team. Having a visual aid on whether you are on healing range helps a lot with positioning. But most lucios I have played with will stay on the objective and ask people to not wander a lot and go for the goal instead of just killing aimlessly.

LiK

If you wanna flex, learn to be good with tank and support in solo or duo queue. The amount of people instapicking DPS is ridiculous. Shame you get 50/50 results with them.

If you wanna flex, learn to be good with tank and support in solo or duo queue. The amount of people instapicking DPS is ridiculous. Shame you get 50/50 results with them.

Duo queue? (not getting the term, sorry)

I'm not sure Reinhard works well as a lone talk, as you always get raped from behind if alone. Maybe Orisa would work better. Not the first time I have to push the payload on my own...

MCD

I try to be flexible. Being a one trick pony is boring as heck. Even if it means beings mediocre at a lot of things instead of good at one and shitty at everything else.

I have to say, I'm starting to appreciate having a Lucio on the team. Having a visual aid on whether you are on healing range helps a lot with positioning. But most lucios I have played with will stay on the objective and ask people to not wander a lot and go for the goal instead of just killing aimlessly.

Wish I could show you what my friend did yesterday.

He told me to go Bastion and distract them while he goes off the map and get the objective.

And the sob did it. We got the objective in less than a min hahahaha.

I will ask him to upload it next time.

As for Bastion the trick is to be unpredictable with him! Flank, change your spot with every kill, in short play like an asshole. Like this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDragon Live/video/32533406

And yeah. I started learning D.va because ppl are instant locking Tracer.

Yup. Pinku and I went 3-1 duoq tonight. Why? I dunno. I think me adding Winston possibilities fits better with randoms than going Rein 100% of the time, but it still feels like a randoms coin flip.

Maybe I have strong leadership skills.

"Owzers is feeding, we should probably help him"

And thus a team fight begins. We win sometimes.

LiK

Duo queue? (not getting the term, sorry)

I'm not sure Reinhard works well as a lone talk, as you always get raped from behind if alone. Maybe Orisa would work better. Not the first time I have to push the payload on my own...

Two-stack. Group of 2 players.

Fugu

This isn't really fishy.

You have to consider how much selection bias is involved here. First of all, it's play of the game, so it's only going to show you something good. Second, Hanzo's damage output is entirely aim dependent so a Hanzo potg is invariably going to show him shooting a lot of people in rapid succession.

Also, looking at what he actually does and the only remarkable thing about this is that they all happened in rapid succession. He finishes off a stationary player, flicks the Ana -- this probably looks dubious to someone who hasn't practiced flicking, but watch any Quake player use a rail gun -- then finishes her off because she hasn't moved, hits a Genji twice at extremely close range, hits a Pharah at extremely close range, and then kills another stationary target.

_Legacy_

Wish I could show you what my friend did yesterday.

He told me to go Bastion and distract them while he goes off the map and get the objective.

And the sob did it. We got the objective in less than a min hahahaha.

I will ask him to upload it next time.

As for Bastion the trick is to be unpredictable with him! Flank, change your spot with every kill, in short play like an asshole. Like this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDragon Live/video/32533406

And yeah. I started learning D.va because ppl are instant locking Tracer.

That's funny, I did something similar myself when I was in gold last season but stayed at the top ledge so I could retreat and heal, then pop back out when the team was distracted.

Do you play any others characters? Still haven't played with you yet.

LiK

I can't wait for Doomfist to finally come out. The wait has been longer than any other hero and hopefully he doesn't suck.

Angel_DvA

100% agree with him, it's the worst season for Overwatch for sure and I'm not as addict as I was some months ago, the toxicity level hits another level too, trolls, leavers, throwers and people that don't belong to their ranks are poisoning the game for others, I switch to PlayerUnknown for a week now and I'm not as frustrated and angry as I was weeks ago playing OW comp, I think I won't return to the game as long as the game and its community is at its current state.

I'll come back maybe for Doomfist but not as a competitive player.

EDIT: In another Esport news, effect will start to practice csgo because of overwatch's unstable future

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/6lbc2l/effect_will_start_to_practice_csgo_because_of/

I'll agree, it is a bit fishy.

I'll give you that. I don't understand the "hacker denial" culture on the internet. Like, we know hacks exist. we know people use them. yet whenever something looks questionable, they want to find every way to defend against it. I don't get it. I'll give you the questionable/fishy support.

Not saying he is hacking, but it is questionable and fishy. Especially for a mid plat player. dude is playing like iddqd but only mid plat? mmhmm.

100% agree with him, it's the worst season for Overwatch for sure and I'm not as addict as I was some months ago, the toxicity level hits another level too, trolls, leavers, throwers and people that don't belong to their ranks are poisoning the game for others, I switch to PlayerUnknown for a week now and I'm not as frustrated and angry as I was weeks ago playing OW comp, I think I won't return to the game as long as the game and its community is at its current state.

I'll come back maybe for Doomfist but not as a competitive player.

EDIT: In another Esport news, effect will start to practice csgo because of overwatch's unstable future

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/6lbc2l/effect_will_start_to_practice_csgo_because_of/

I hope Blizzard is paying attention. They need to stop fucking around and and start addressing some of this. They got something on their hands that could last and be competitive/relevant for many years if they make the right decisions...but right now....that bubble is looking like it's about to burst.

Effect, is like one of the best players in Overwatch right now. Best player on Envyus imo. the fact he feels that way is troubling. And he JUST GOT HERE...and he feels that way.

Fugu

I'll agree, it is a bit fishy.

I'll give you that. I don't understand the "hacker denial" culture on the internet. Like, we know hacks exist. we know people use them. yet whenever something looks questionable, they want to find every way to defend against it. I don't get it. I'll give you the questionable/fishy support.

Not saying he is hacking, but it is questionable and fishy. Especially for a mid plat player. dude is playing like iddqd but only mid plat? mmhmm.
Because the vast majority of hacking claims are false and the evidence provided is always circumstantial and flawed.

Hacking is a lot rarer than good aim. It's also a lot rarer than short bursts of good aim. This is doubly true considering we're talking about a projectile and he hits multiple body shots in the video.

Because the vast majority of hacking claims are false and the evidence provided is always circumstantial and flawed.

Hacking is a lot rarer than good aim. It's also a lot rarer than short bursts of good aim. This is doubly true considering we're talking about a projectile and he hits multiple body shots in the video.

whatever you say man.
when a mid plat plays like a GM, it's questionable to say the least.

Why don't you look at the numbers? This guy's accuracy with hanzo is 27%
Wraxu's accuracy is 28%......So his accuracy is almost as good as Wraxu? He's that good? but oh...he's still stuck in plat.
Thats in Quickplay...

Let's look at Competitive.
This guy's accuracy is 37% in Comp
Wraxu's accuracy is 33% in Comp.

You saying this guy is More accurate than one of the Best Hanzo players? But he can't get out of plat!? This guy needs to go PRO ASTAT, He needs a better team!

but hey, kool aid tastes good

Because the vast majority of hacking claims are false and the evidence provided is always circumstantial

this goes both ways...not just one way tho...is my point, but people are quick to make it go one way.

the irony, just as quick as someone is to say "hacking" someone is just as quick to say "not hacking."

ISOM

whatever you say man.

when a mid plat plays like a GM, it's questionable to say the least. but hey. kool aid tastes good

Tons of people have smurf accounts which is a problem imo. You got these GM level players in plat stomping other players and boosting their friends which leads to a lot of unbalanced matches.

Tons of people have smurf accounts which is a problem imo. You got these GM level players in plat stomping other players and boosting their friends which leads to a lot of unbalanced matches.

Doubt it's a smurf account. Rare for a smurf account will have that many games played.

I'm not saying it's not possible, just rare for a smurf to have more than 1 star.

MCD

That's funny, I did something similar myself when I was in gold last season but stayed at the top ledge so I could retreat and heal, then pop back out when the team was distracted.

Do you play any others characters? Still haven't played with you yet.

Tracer, Bastion and D.VA. Lucio and Mercy when needed but I get stressed a lot playing as healers so I prefer not to :(

On quick play I am trying Zen and Soldier occasionally.

_Legacy_

Tracer, Bastion and D.VA. Lucio and Mercy when needed but I get stressed a lot playing as healers so I prefer not to :(

On quick play I am trying Zen and Soldier occasionally.

If you're online tonight around 9pm or after, I'll send you an invite if I can get a team together.

Kakaroach

Played my first comp game yesterday with some of my friends, and we only lost because of a leaver who eventually came back.

I've had an insane amount of fun with this game in the 3 weeks I've owned it, but it has become apparent that comp in overwatch isn't a good as in other games. People on console can do whatever they want and not get punished.

Make SR losses insane for leavers, to the point where it's not an option if you're looking to climb. Would also love to see actual rewards, like skins for hitting a certain SR, kind of like how League of Legends does.

Skii

Reaper is a front line dps lol

Dropped 300 SR in the last 3 days.

Every game maybe one other person on mic, nobody picking support, Hanzos and Widowmakers everywhere, disconnects in literally every other game last night, and to top it off a guy who was ranked grand master last season trolling the shit out of our team, I got matched with him on my team 3 games in a row, dancing in our spawn room, jumping off ledges and blocking the team with Mei ice walls.

I should probably take a break from Overwatch for a bit.

Fugu

whatever you say man.
when a mid plat plays like a GM, it's questionable to say the least.

Why don't you look at the numbers? This guy's accuracy with hanzo is 27%
Wraxu's accuracy is 28%......So his accuracy is almost as good as Wraxu? He's that good? but oh...he's still stuck in plat.
Thats in Quickplay...

Let's look at Competitive.
This guy's accuracy is 37% in Comp
Wraxu's accuracy is 33% in Comp.

You saying this guy is More accurate than one of the Best Hanzo players? But he can't get out of plat!? This guy needs to go PRO ASTAT, He needs a better team!

but hey, kool aid tastes good

this goes both ways...not just one way tho...is my point, but people are quick to make it go one way.

the irony, just as quick as someone is to say "hacking" someone is just as quick to say "not hacking."

Ok I'm just gonna quickly address a few things:
- Stats like accuracy on projectile characters tend to go down as players rank up since their competition is stiffer
- Many things can weight accuracy in unexpected ways, like a player's propensity for spamming
- This clip shows him mostly firing at stationary targets or things that are easy to hit, like a Pharah flying at close range. Really only the Genji kill is particularly impressive by itself
- There are literally thousands of clips of Hanzos killing a lot of people in rapid succession
- Why the hell would an aimbot be in plat

I played just about the most aim dependent game in existence at a high level for a number of years. Less people are cheating than you think.

Top Bottom