• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Ok I'm just gonna quickly address a few things:
- Stats like accuracy on projectile characters tend to go down as players rank up since their competition is stiffer
- Many things can weight accuracy in unexpected ways, like a player's propensity for spamming
- This clip shows him mostly firing at stationary targets or things that are easy to hit, like a Pharah flying at close range. Really only the Genji kill is particularly impressive by itself
- There are literally thousands of clips of Hanzos killing a lot of people in rapid succession
- Why the hell would an aimbot be in plat

I played just about the most aim dependent game in existence at a high level for a number of years. Less people are cheating than you think.

The argument isn't whether less people are cheating than I think. The argument is, yea, that clip was questionable. I think it's safe to say, it's questionable. you are the one trying to make this binary. I'm saying, based on this clip, based on numbers, there's a chance this isn't binary.

That hanzo only shot at one stationary target, one very far and headshot it like it was nothing. all his other targets were not stationary.

Aimbots are in plat because
1. hacks don't guarantee wins.
2. hacks don't account for game sense
3. hacks don't account for the rest of the team, and the team you face countering you specifically.
4. aim hacks on a bad player only makes a bad player more accurate...which is why they can't get higher.

Hacks give a huge edge in overwatch, but due to the game being so Team reliant, it's not a sure fire thing like it is in other competitive games.

if you wanna be so closed minded and think "NOPE, NO HACKING THERE" thats fine, you can have that opinion. but based on everything, I say it's questionable.

the fact that you are arguing him being more accurate than Wraxu is fucking laughable tho.

Fugu

Hacks gurantee your ass gonna hit more than 30% of the time and not miss shotgun range headshots like he did in the clip.

Hacks gurantee your ass gonna hit more than 30% of the time and not miss shotgun range headshots like he did in the clip.

hey, the world is black and white in your eyes. I get it. He's not hacking. He's just better than Wraxu but is always on a bad team...always.

also, him only getting a head shot on stationary targets, kinda works to your point of aimbots and projectiles and why he didnt get a headshot on the moving targets. Ironic.

ISOM

hey, the world is black and white in your eyes. I get it. He's not hacking. He's just better than Wraxu but is always on a bad team...always.

also, him only getting a head shot on stationary targets, kinda works to your point of aimbots and projectiles and why he didnt get a headshot on the moving targets. Ironic.

Do you have more than one clip of this guy hacking because sometimes you can just get hot with your aiming as hanzo and hit everything. I've done it a couple of times.

Do you have more than one clip of this guy hacking because sometimes you can just get hot with your aiming as hanzo and hit everything. I've done it a couple of times.

i didnt accuse the guy of hacking and i didnt play against the guy. It's not my clip.

I'm just saying.....it's questionable....makes me say "hmmm" and that's it. And after looking at the NUMBERS. makes me say HMMMM even more...as it's not just reduced to this clip.

its the other people who want to make the shit binary like we live in a binary world.

Fugu

It must be really nice to be able to so thoroughly convince yourself that anyone doing something you can't do is hacking.

It must be really nice to be able to so thoroughly convince yourself that anyone doing something you can't do is hacking.

how are you this bad with english?

it must be really nice to just type whatever in response to someone without comprehending exactly what they are saying.

AbaFadi

Banned
Any PS4 users playing with Kontrol Freaks? How do you like them? Worth it?

When I play on ps4 I use kontrol freeks. I think it helped a lot with aiming. I use the ultra style iirc.

Ok I'm just gonna quickly address a few things:
- Stats like accuracy on projectile characters tend to go down as players rank up since their competition is stiffer
- Many things can weight accuracy in unexpected ways, like a player's propensity for spamming
- This clip shows him mostly firing at stationary targets or things that are easy to hit, like a Pharah flying at close range. Really only the Genji kill is particularly impressive by itself
- There are literally thousands of clips of Hanzos killing a lot of people in rapid succession
- Why the hell would an aimbot be in plat

I played just about the most aim dependent game in existence at a high level for a number of years. Less people are cheating than you think.

Yeah I don't see a lot of cheaters in this game. I can remember one time I ran into a Bastion who was using aim bot, but his positioning was terrible so it wasn't that much of a problem.

Fugu

I ran into a Tracer that was aimbotting once. He 3-0ed us despite killing himself a lot.

Aimbots always use hitscans and are almost always very poor at hiding it.

Fugu

Naw he wasn't aimbotting. Just because he's better than you doesn't make him a hacker. where's your non circumstantial proof?
Doubt it. He had really poor positioning and never dropped a headshot.

I don't have any proof, so I reported him, took a ten minute break, and moved on.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Only hacker I think I ran into is a zenyatta that I'm pretty sure was wall hacking. Hit a charged volley on me right as I turn a corner to flank behind him with no discord on me with way too high reaction time.

LiK

Only hacker I think I ran into is a zenyatta that I'm pretty sure was wall hacking. Hit a charged volley on me right as I turn a corner to flank behind him with no discord on me with way too high reaction time.

Sometimes it's just luck. I would charge and just shoot near corners in anticipation of someone.

Doubt it. He had really poor positioning and never dropped a headshot.

I don't have any proof, so I reported him, took a ten minute break, and moved on.

giphy.gif

Clip doesn't look like hacks to me. The up-close shots on Hanzo, Pharah, and Genji aren't hard to do as Hanzo.

yea, i mean guy is clearly better than wraxu, especially based on the numbers. just unlucky teams all the time.

Mman235

37% accuracy at plat is not the same as 33% accuracy vs the best players in the world/ladder. Even when I was stuck at diamond in comp as a tank/support main, when I mained Hanzo in QP for a while I could do shit like that a lot. He's not even hitting headshots against the mobile targets. Not playing PTR for ages apparently messed up my MMR there and when I went on it to play Horizon headshoting everyone as Hanzo was so easy I was surprised I wasn't accused of hacking.

_Legacy_

how are you this bad with english?

it must be really nice to just type whatever in response to someone without comprehending exactly what they are saying.

First of all, English is not the first language for everyone in this forum.

You're really giving off troll vibes here, you really need to stop and move on.

First of all, English is not the language for everyone in this forum.

You're really giving off troll vibes here, you really need to stop and move on.

how is it troll vibes when this dude keeps insisting that I am saying dude is hacking when I clearly said in a number of posts that it's just questionable based on everything.

seriously, this whole conversation is baffling as fuck

37% accuracy at plat is not the same as 33% accuracy vs the best players in the world/ladder. Even when I was stuck at diamond in comp as a tank/support main, when I mained Hanzo in QP for a while I could do shit like that a lot. He's not even hitting headshots against the mobile targets. Not playing PTR for ages apparently messed up my MMR there and when I went on it to play Horizon headshoting everyone as Hanzo was so easy I was surprised I wasn't accused of hacking.

what's your bnet name. i just want to look at the numbers

Fugu

37% accuracy at plat is not the same as 33% accuracy vs the best players in the world/ladder. Even when I was stuck at diamond in comp as a tank/support main, when I mained Hanzo in QP for a while I could do shit like that a lot. He's not even hitting headshots against the mobile targets.
ALL HANZO PLAY IS SUSPICIOUS

Maybe he's only ever played on console. I've run out of things to say on the subject, really. You have to make far too many assumptions to conclude that he's cheating, including the very big one that a functional but flawed projectile aimbot exists for Overwatch that can be used without getting banned.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes it's just luck. I would charge and just shoot near corners in anticipation of someone.

Yeah, it's possible. In other games like TF2 and CS:S I've been able to 100% prove a wall hack that I suspect by juking right before turning the corner and seeing them shoot at nothing, but wasn't able to set it up that game.

I didn't accuse him of anything, but i did ask how he did it, with no response.

LiK

Yeah, it's possible. In other games like TF2 and CS:S I've been able to 100% prove a wall hack that I suspect by juking right before turning the corner and seeing them shoot at nothing, but wasn't able to set it up that game.

I didn't accuse him of anything, but i did ask how he did it, with no response.

It's pretty ridiculous how powerful Zen's charged attack is. I use it quite often now especially against tanks. Destroy their health so fast.

komaruR

ALL HANZO PLAY IS SUSPICIOUS

Maybe he's only ever played on console. I've run out of things to say on the subject, really. You have to make far too many assumptions to conclude that he's cheating, including the very big one that a functional but flawed projectile aimbot exists for Overwatch that can be used without getting banned.
Hacks!
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundSuaveAntelopeCoolStoryBro?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

True pov
https://clips.twitch.tv/TiredNeighborlyStarOSsloth?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

I know you're joking but

this looks legit tho.. doesn't look "questionable"

Well, this is Overbuff: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Semfry-2530

While he has one of my highest playtimes in QP my Hanzo stats don't mean much as I only played him with any regularity in, like, season 1 or early in 2, and he pretty much needs warming up to play with any sort of consistency unless you're against far worse players.

still, the numbers are the numbers. and numbers dont lie.

Pre-firing is something I picked up in CSGO. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Blues1990

I pre-ordered the Mei and Tracer Nendoroids. I can't wait for their arrival, as they look super cute.

I'm a bit more meh with Mercy's Nendoroid, but more power for those who are looking forward to picking that figurine up.

Nimby

Banned
still, the numbers are the numbers. and numbers dont lie.

Those aren't official stats either. For me it says my Widowmaker gets 20+ eliminations on average, and I know this isn't true. I've only gotten like 2-3 games where my eliminations were +20 and I have 11 hours on her too. I absolutely suck with that hero, but it ranks my stats among the top Widowmakers.

Players can be mechanically good across all ranks, they just might not have good game sense, good cooperation, or good positioning which overall makes them worse then someone like Wraxu.

Those aren't official stats either. For me it says my Widowmaker gets 20+ eliminations on average, and I know this isn't true. I've only gotten like 2-3 games where my eliminations were +20 and I have 11 hours on her too. I absolutely suck with that hero, but it ranks my stats among the top Widowmakers.

Players can be mechanically good across all ranks, they just might not have good game sense, good cooperation, or good positioning which overall makes them worse then someone like Wraxu.

but does your accuracy match top widowmakers? whats your profile.

Nimby

Banned
but does your accuracy match top widowmakers? whats your profile.

That accuracy stat means almost nothing unless you are hitscan. Projectile heroes can spam chokes with their weapons making it difficult for enemies to push in. Hanzo gets free wall hacks too. Then you could also just be me, and fire when nothing is around just for the fun of it, lowering your accuracy stat.

My accuracy stat for Widow ~30%

That accuracy stat means almost nothing unless you are hitscan. Projectile heroes can spam chokes with their weapons making it difficult for enemies to push in. Hanzo gets free wall hacks too. Then you could also just be me, and fire when nothing is around just for the fun of it, lowering your accuracy stat.

your accuracy doesn't match top widows.
the comparison was a hanzo player with a hanzo player. not a hanzo player with a hitscan. and i disagree about accuracy meaning nothing with a projectile character. but that's just an opinion. It means less than for hitscan. But it still means something.

I'm fine with people playing what they want, within reason. I just hate poor situational awareness, which is a major problem with players in general. Like games with your on your knees crying begging your team to just kill the Mercy, or one game on Eichenwalde where our Pharah spent the entire match on our side of a choke shooting a Reinhardt shield.

When I play on ps4 I use kontrol freeks. I think it helped a lot with aiming. I use the ultra style iirc.

Yeah I don't see a lot of cheaters in this game. I can remember one time I ran into a Bastion who was using aim bot, but his positioning was terrible so it wasn't that much of a problem.
What type of aim style do you use? I'm currently using Linear Ramp but it's really twitchy and I'm not getting the types of shots off that I want to with it.

Top Bottom