• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

All I'm gonna say is that Doomfist's actual ult is exactly what I suggested it to be back in like January or whenever. I'll take all the royalties please, Blizzard, and thank you.

Gorillaz

yea dude looks way too fun to play his mobility is honestly surprisingly like holy shit

yea winston going back into the vault we doomfist boys now

DOOMFIST IS IN?

I GUESS I'M BACK IN.

Another counter to Pharah? Perfect. I don't know what the pc scene is like but she's a fucking nuisance on console.

People tend to have trouble not looking for her on PC as well, so yeah having some more options to keep track of her will be nice.

Gonna download the PTR tonight and give it a whirl.

LiK

I literally switched to Pharah on the PTR in order to watch my killcount fly, so no he doesn't counter her.

I was thinking of that. Watching Seagull's stream and he doesn't seem like he can counter her. Maybe if he can get that charged punch at her.

Salarians

doomfist-screenshot-003.jpg
thank you Jeph

It's entirely too early to say what he counters or how he affects the meta. Give that some time.

Except he does fuck up D.Va, so that's good.

Gorillaz

he obviously isn't a counter for her but that won't stop everyone from trying to uppercut a pharah in mid air for the next 3 months

Plesiades

Meteor Strike's range is kinda nuts, and you can cast it inside a building and go outside to perform the finish blow.

It's going to be interesting.

konjak

Well, my impression of him having to hit with a one-time deal melée before cooldown starts puts him far behind McCrees and Widows for taking out a Pharah, that's all I was basing it on. Didn't mean to sound quite so definitive.

All I'll worry about is how easily a good player can build shield.

Iol he synergizes extremely well with dive, he is an extremely mobile powerhouse

That's true, but his knock back could certainly cause some trouble for comps.

Specifically he seemingly counters the hell out of D.Va, the one thing holding the current meta version of dive comps together. We'll just have to wait and see.

Kain

He looks and plays exactly as I thought he would. Kudos to the team

Meteor Strike's range is kinda nuts, and you can cast it inside a building and go outside to perform the finish blow.

It's going to be interesting.

Yeah no way his ult reaches live as it is

DOOMFIST IS IN?

I GUESS I'M BACK IN.

People tend to have trouble not looking for her on PC as well, so yeah having some more options to keep track of her will be nice.

Gonna download the PTR tonight and give it a whirl.

I remember Valve commenting on console players once saying that console players never want to look up when playing fps games.

Veelk

Banned
From what I'm seeing, Doomfist is the ideal Dive hero.

He has insane mobility. He's arguably the most mobile character in the game with how he can combine his abilities to move about however he likes and they're on a small cooldown.

He's got the potential health of a tank. He's already stronger than the average hero with 250hp, but then he also gets shields just from hitting enemy players with his abilities. Potentially, he can have up to 400HP.

Because of that, the longer he's alive, the less chance there is of stopping him. Pair that with all any supplementary abilities (Zarya's barrier, Ana's Nano, etc), he's going to be REALLY hard to kill as soon as he gets going. And that's not even considering the backline healing he's going to get from Ana or Lucio. Expect to hear a lot of "KILL THE GODDAMN DOOMFIST!"

I notice that he isn't affected by the environment when using his ultimate. In his stream, Seagull passed through the bridge on the chokepoint from Voskaya A->B. I feel that needs to be nerfed, because he could potentially ult enemy players through walls where they can't shoot him down.

So he's fast, strong, has a shitton of sustain, and has really powerful abilities. I know Overwatch can be a wierd game where stuff looks OP on paper, but actually isn't in practice. But, on paper, he seems REAAAAAAAALLY OP. Which I don't think is actually a terrible thing, since you want the new character to be a little gamechanging (Orisa and Sombra got a lot less fanfare because of being more balanced and therefore percieved as a little weak), but eventually, Blizzard are gonna have to do something about Dive.

Veelk

Banned
How does he look like he'll play on console? Any potential issues with controller?

Hard to tell. If you can play Genji well, I think he's going to be in that tier of difficulty (the main thing about Genji is accounting for all his vertical movement on consoles. Doomfist has a lot of that), but I don't think he'll be as aim dependent as Genji is (His fist and leap attack probably are probably going to have a large hitbox, unlike Genji who needs to be precise with his shuriken and deflect).

This is just speculation on my part tho. I don't have PC, so I can't say.

No healers, no tanks, no grouping, all snipers. Quitters, and morons crying for somebody to be the healer while I have covered my quote of mercying for the day. The only thing missing today was Sombra.

I think I'm going to quit the game until I can play with actual teammates instead of randos. It's not worth the wasted time.

Top Bottom