• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Apathy

Guess we know why they took a dump on Hog now for sure.

BTW, the I can't call it rising upper cut. I will forever call it Tiger Upper Cut

LiK

lol, Seagull just said he's gonna main Doomfist for a long time due to his mobility. His streams are gonna be more fun to watch now.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe genji is a counter? Seems like Doomfist can't do a ton about double jump.

finalflame

QP. I was trying to at least one level per day (still 17) and hope things would maybe improve in competitive, but I just don't enjoy it enough to bother. I would not mind losing if at least we were team playing, but this is like watching one of those videos where somebody gets on purpose to the bottoms of matchmaking. What's the point of playing tank if nobody gets behind the barrier, or healer if everybody is so far away that I can't catch up with then (then dying alone)?

I miss when people actually communicated, and grouped together. This is like a scene of Kindergaten cop now. Heck, they could even use the shortcuts properly, spamming "hello" all the goddamned match. I swear, I have never ever seen anything like this during my Team Fortress 2 days almost ten years ago.

You're not going to get proper games in QP, unfortunately. Especially not at level 17. Only in comp do people play like they care. I'd say just power through it and find a friend to play with until you get to Lv. 25 and can do comp. If you're on PC, PM me and I'll gladly help you get through some QP matches on the way to 25.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Playing the PTR as sombra and spawn camping the doomfist is really fun.

Getting one shot in the back by him is less fun.

Veelk

Banned
Watching some gameplay, his cooldowns are getting nerfed hard surely?

Not for atleast a month after he comes out. I hate to say it, but Blizzard has really dropped the ball hard atleast twice now (first with Bastion's Ironclad and now the Roadhog nerf), so it's hard to have faith in them balancing the game in a steady and sensible manner.

The way I see it, either Doomfist needs longer cooldowns on his arsenal (including his default fire shotguns), a nerf to the damage, or have him not be able to pass through shields with his charge attack so he can't just zoom around anywhere.

Seeing that Doomfist's wall punch can do up to 250 damage just makes me more salty that they nerfed Roadhog. Apparently Blizzard is okay with one shot abilities, just not on the hog. :(

Doomfist is bound to get nerfed before hitting servers, right?

I would be shocked if either his cooldowns or his wall punch damage was not nerfed. I say this without seeing him in a truly competitive environment, but he looks kind of insane right now. Blizzard will actually nerf new characters while they're on PTR too, Orisa's damage got changed before she went live.

You're not going to get proper games in QP, unfortunately. Especially not at level 17. Only in comp do people play like they care. I'd say just power through it and find a friend to play with until you get to Lv. 25 and can do comp. If you're on PC, PM me and I'll gladly help you get through some QP matches on the way to 25.

I could realy use some help during the weekend. Yet... EU or US?

Oh, also, I have to say. it feels like everything has gone downhill ever since the summer began. All the little kids not being in school, maybe? It feels like the same thing that happened with Destiny during the summer.

Seeing that Doomfist's wall punch can do up to 250 damage just makes me more salty that they nerfed Roadhog. Apparently Blizzard is okay with one shot abilities, just not on the hog. :(

I would be shocked if either his cooldowns or his wall punch damage was not nerfed.

Sure about that? Thought it was 200hp by watching seagull's stream, but it's kinda hard to tell with so much shit going on.

Maybe they will nerf the charge cooldown, 4 seconds seems low for such a strong ability.

Sure about that? Thought it was 200hp by watching seagull's stream, but it's kinda hard to tell with so much shit going on.

Maybe they will nerf the charge cooldown, 4 seconds seems low for such a strong ability.

You might be right things are a bit crazy lol. Even still though that still will one shot a lot of heroes.

The cooldown has to be low because Doomfist has to sustain his shields.

Which made me realize that not only was Roadhog nerfed so Doomfist can shine, but ALSO, Reaper was buffed. Doomfist is a brawler that gets in and sustains himself through shield generation. He would have deleted Reaper's existence, so they had to give Reaper his own kind of sustain.

I-hate-u

The cooldown has to be low because Doomfist has to sustain his shields.

Which made me realize that not only was Roadhog nerfed so Doomfist can shine, but ALSO, Reaper was buffed. Doomfist is a brawler that gets in and sustains himself through shield generation. He would have deleted Reaper's existence, so they had to give Reaper his own kind of sustain.

You are saying they were not worried about Roadhog at all?

I don't get nerfing Roadhog in a meta where he was already starting to fade away in the first place!!!!!1

You might be right things are a bit crazy lol. Even still though that still will one shot a lot of heroes.

Yup he's one-shotting every 200hp hero that hits a wall lol

I saw him getting punched into a wall and he didn't die (250hp), but it's possible that he had barriers at that point.

I'm also wondering if the charge affects the damage or only the distance.

Veelk

Banned
Doomfist is going to have Synergy with a lot of heroes.

Zenyatta discords, he's going to instakill that character, even if they're tanks. Rein's and Orisa's shields cannot protect you.

He's already very mobile and fast. Now imagine him being speedboosted by Lucio.

Zarya bubbles you as you go in, you have a chance to build your shields without risk to your health. Winston might be able to perform a similar function with his bubble if both of your dive the same spot.

Symmetra's shield generator + Torb's armor + your own shields + your default 250hp = a potential 550 health pool. Holy shit.

I know we say this every time a new hero is revealed, but it's hard not to see him being OP. He's one of most, if not the most, mobile heroes in the game. He's very good at dealing damage. He's got a large health pool. His abilites recharge very quickly. His ultimate clips through walls and seems to have no counter. What is supposed to be his disadvantage?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Doomfist is even more fun to hack than Genji and Tracer. He's so big and slow and low health without abilities.

I-hate-u

1mkv9fbCaEU.jpg

Look at this shit.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-...t-and-meta-report-overwatch-contenders-review

Plesiades

Yep. That's a Blizzard game alright ;)

Speaking of Doomfist, does anyone know if you can contest with Meteor Strike? Cannot wait for bullshit contests from the spawn in Anubis.

Top Bottom