• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Apathy

1mkv9fbCaEU.jpg

Look at this shit.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-...t-and-meta-report-overwatch-contenders-review

Nothing wrong with this picture right blizzard?

Really wish they balanced a bit better.

Ramirez

Really the only problem I see is the ability to ult through solid objects, what sense does that make? It should have been more like fist of havoc (air version) in Destiny, you initiate it, and have a very brief moment to aim it, none of this flying around the map and through buildings stuff, lol.

You are saying they were not worried about Roadhog at all?

I don't get nerfing Roadhog in a meta where he was already starting to fade away in the first place!!!!!1
I'm thinking Roadhog got nerfed because Doomfist also has a 1HKO. Blizzard probably thought it would be cool to nerf Roadhog, upset Hog mains for a few weeks, and then "surprise" them with an effective replacement.

Really the only problem I see is the ability to ult through solid objects, what sense does that make? It should have been more like fist of havoc (air version) in Destiny, you initiate it, and have a very brief moment to aim it, none of this flying around the map and through buildings stuff, lol.
Yeah, he's already one of the most mobile characters in the game. Though you could look at it as an opportunity to get away and spread out.

X-Frame

Doomfist is going to have Synergy with a lot of heroes.

Zenyatta discords, he's going to instakill that character, even if they're tanks. Rein's and Orisa's shields cannot protect you.

He's already very mobile and fast. Now imagine him being speedboosted by Lucio.

Zarya bubbles you as you go in, you have a chance to build your shields without risk to your health. Winston might be able to perform a similar function with his bubble if both of your dive the same spot.

Symmetra's shield generator + Torb's armor + your own shields + your default 250hp = a potential 550 health pool. Holy shit.

I know we say this every time a new hero is revealed, but it's hard not to see him being OP. He's one of most, if not the most, mobile heroes in the game. He's very good at dealing damage. He's got a large health pool. His abilites recharge very quickly. His ultimate clips through walls and seems to have no counter. What is supposed to be his disadvantage?

Doomfist plus Torb armor plus Sym shield generator plus Zarya bubbles plus Lucio speed boost plus Winston shield -- holy moly.

I-hate-u

I'm thinking Roadhog got nerfed because Doomfist also has a 1HKO. Blizzard probably thought it would be cool to nerf Roadhog, upset Hog mains for a few weeks, and then "surprise" them with an effective replacement.

Well as a (former) Roadhog player, that's a crap idea from Blizzard. Doomfist is no where near an effective replacement to character that used to be able to protect your healers from annoying flankers.

Ramirez

Oh, and the Fist should have been on the left arm, I feel like it's going to fuck with my brain shooting from the left arm with the right trigger and vice versa.

Gorillaz

yea doom really mixes and matches well with alot of these characters

so many different alley oop's can be setup with doomfist+others

How much of Rein not getting played right now is the general meta shift and how much of it is his charge and ult not working right?

Like if he were back to working correctly would the meta shift around him again?

LiK

Wait what?

Is it like DoT or something? Or is it more like "okay now you're all in one spot and coming back time to kill y'all".

Hear Mercy use Rez, pop Doomfist Ult. Aim radius over rezzed guys and as soon as the Rez invulnerability wears off, land on top for easy kills. Was watching Seagull do this a few times.

I know Orisa is laughed at a lot but do we think her kit is a good counter to Doomfist? or is her hitbox too big?

Just trying to think of heroes that we may not consider when looking at good matchups against him.

Geez, hacking Doomfist will practically make him useless.

Though, he has a lot of mobility. So I don't think it's gonna happen often.

Yeah I think, catching him in EMP might be easier than trying to hack him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I know Orisa is laughed at a lot but do we think her kit is a good counter to Doomfist? or is her hitbox too big?
Initial impressions against people that don't know what they're doing, but:

-Torb and Sym give him lots of hassle
-Reaper can light him up
-Genji can dodge most of his kit with ease

Phu

Banned

As someone who's not a Hog main but is still salty about the nerf, Doomfist's reveal makes the sting worse because the hook would be great for going after Doomfist hopping around everywhere but not with Hog's current damage and DF's shields.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The difference between Doomfist's 1hit kill and Roadhog's is that Hog's is extremely safe. In the tank meta he could just pull people behind his Rein's barrier and pick them off one by one and even pull tanks in and kill them by letting the team gangbang the tank behind the reins shield while he hooked

Doomfist's 1hko requires him going into enemy territory unless its picking off a straggler

Kysen

Just had my best game ever on Winston. 62 elims, 4 golds and the SR gods finally gave me my due +28SR after getting 20~ all season. Camped mercy all game till she swapped to ana but it didn't help.

Hear Mercy use Rez, pop Doomfist Ult. Aim radius over rezzed guys and as soon as the Rez invulnerability wears off, land on top for easy kills. Was watching Seagull do this a few times.

This makes me so happy.

I mean you could kind of do it with D.Va as well but this ult is a little easier to line up it seems.

finalflame

I could realy use some help during the weekend. Yet... EU or US?

Oh, also, I have to say. it feels like everything has gone downhill ever since the summer began. All the little kids not being in school, maybe? It feels like the same thing that happened with Destiny during the summer.

School being out for the summer is definitely having an impact on game quality across the board -- I even noticed it in comp. I'm US, if you are too add me up on bnet:

darkatnight#1407

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The difference between Doomfist's 1hit kill and Roadhog's is that Hog's is extremely safe. In the tank meta he could just pull people behind his Rein's barrier and pick them off one by one and even pull tanks in and kill them by letting the team gangbang the tank behind the reins shield while he hooked

Doomfist's 1hko requires him going into enemy territory unless its picking off a straggler

Also there needs to be a wall behind the enemy, and it seems like it doesn't work at too wide of an angle.

Veelk

Banned

But Roadhog wasn't able to hook through barriers. If he nabbed someone, he had to either flank or that person had to be out of position.

Doomfist doesn't have that limitation, and unlike Reinhardt's charge, he has strong mobility options to get himself out of enemy territory. He's more likely die for charging than Roadhog's hook was for Roadhog, but it also Doomfist has a higher chance of getting a hit on his charge than Roadhog does getting a nab with his hook, and he's got plenty of options to escape

Edit: As Seagull demonstrates with Papercut's link

This, however, isn't taking into considering if you have your team protecting you with stuff, like Zarya's barrier. With coordination, he'll be way harder to stop than Roadhog's hook ever was.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

And then doom fist immediately can uppercut, dash away and his charge is 4 seconds so by then it's nearly up and he can peace out.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousFitQueleaCopyThis

Like this basically.

Or in a bad spot he can ult since it's totally invincible which negates any risk of going deep. And if you're going to mention RH during a tank meta that favors his abilities, how about this during a dive meta where he's not going in solo and has the usual suspects making chaos alongside him, adding a new 4 second charge kill to the mix.

He's naturally not nearly as safe as Roadhog is but RH also has zero mobility. The main thing sticking out to me for now is that I don't like doomfist's ult design at all right now.

I dont think you do either

There are few characters in the game that Roadhog shits on so badly that he legitimately counters them. A true counter is D.Va blocking Pharah rockets or Ana heals. Roadhog happening to hook a Genji and kill them does not mean he counters Genji.

Also he was not OP at the time of his nerf but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse there.

Roadhog in his previous form made the game less fun to play. Hes fine now. He could use a slight buff but honestly he's a tank. Team him up with any close range dmg and it's game over. Tanks should require teamwork to get things done, they're tanks.

Hmm. So these barrier things keep a character like Roadhog safe? I wonder if it might be beneficial to put your character behind one so Roadhog can't hook you.

pre-nerf Hog would have countered Doomfist?

Weird its almsot like pre-nerf Roadhog countered every hero
Is that why he was tier 4 in competitive play before he was nerfed? Because he was just too damn good?

Roadhog in his previous form made the game less fun to play. Hes fine now. He could use a slight buff but honestly he's a tank. Team him up with any close range dmg and it's game over. Tanks should require teamwork to get things done, they're tanks.
How the fuck is a less than 5% pick rate "fine"?

No, Roadhog is not good tank. He's not a good anything right now. He's trash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmm. So these barrier things keep a character like Roadhog safe? I wonder if it might be beneficial to put your character behind one so Roadhog can't hook you.

Is that why he was tier 4 in competitive play before he was nerfed? Because he was just too damn good?

How the fuck is a less than 5% pick rate "fine"?

No, Roadhog is not good tank. He's not a good anything right now. He's trash.
Funny, those barriers that Roadhog is also extremely good at destroying.

So you're only counting the seasons that are beneficial to you then?
1ltoz3MlB93.jpg

i1481622044966470.jpeg

Veelk

Banned
Just spread out.

Perhaps counter is the wrong word, but he shouldn't just become invincible for no reason just because he's up in the air.

Seagull negated a tracer bomb by jumping up in the air, where it exploded without damaging him. That's dumb. He shouldn't just able to just "Lolbye" without consequence. People should still be able to fire on him.

MKIL65

Yeah, I can't stress enough that the 33% damage nerf was just too much.

Picking Roadhog now is the equivalent of waving the white flag.

Top Bottom