• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Arcade (Watchpoint Antartica) going on the PTR at the same time as Sombra, new map Oasis is for december.

Yeah I watched the announcements live. Sorry, I was actually asking if they have detailed them since the announcement, like how they have detailed Sombra.

KiraFA37

One of the game developers who worked on Sombra doesn't know what happens when Genji deflects Translocator but has faith in the QA team, lmao. (UnitLost twitch)

People will try this on the PTR, Overwatch crashes.

Yeah I watched the announcements live. Sorry, I was actually asking if they have detailed them since the announcement, like how they have detailed Sombra.

I hope they details this in one of the panels.

I get why Blizzard would hide the Sombra skins until a bit later. They probably want this one image of Sombra to be in folks' minds for marketing purposes for the time being, instead of diluting her presented visual style with a bunch of looks.

antitrop

Enemies that are killed while hacked count as Assists for Sombra

Does that make her the only non-Support that can get Assists? Sounds like it would be super easy for Sombra to get Kill Participation post-game cards.

Can someone tell me why you would ever bring Tracer over Sombra?

I just wonder how much they think about other heroes while designing these new heroes. Like Mercy while they designed Ana.

Tracer has a damage ult that synergizes with CC ults like Graviton or Earth Shatter.

antitrop

Dev on the stream said King of the Hill.

Oh that makes me so happy. KOTH is my favorite game mode.

what's the ROF on her SMG? seems like it kills stuff faster than 76?

Faster than Tracer, too. I wouldn't be surprised if her DPS gets nerfed before any of her abilities. The clip size on the SMG is so high, she can melt people before she even has to think about reloading.

There's no way this version of Sombra makes it out of PTR alive.

My guess for starters:

-loses the weak enemy passive but keeps the ult passive
-translocator can be destroyed
-can only have one health pack hacked at a time

Maybe...maaaaaaybe that gets her to be playable.

If she gets hit while hacking it stops. No Tracer worth their salt will ever get hacked. Of course if they do its game over.

She looks fun as hell, but honestly you could reduce cooldowns, damage, and everything else and she'd still be super fun and useful. Seems WAY too good tbh.

eek5

Oh that makes me so happy. KOTH is my favorite game mode.

Faster than Tracer, too. I wouldn't be surprised if her DPS gets nerfed before any of her abilities.

the biggest issue is against tanks at mid-long range imo. it has a lot of spread but does 76 bullet dmg with same drop off and way higher rof? seems like you should be able to burst big targets down too fast from range

There's no way this version of Sombra makes it out of PTR alive.

My guess for starters:

-loses the weak enemy passive but keeps the ult passive
-translocator can be destroyed
-can only have one health pack hacked at a time

Maybe...maaaaaaybe that gets her to be playable.

I think she'll keep the passive, and I think for the health packs, they will reduce the respawn time.

antitrop

It's not that urgent.

You say that, but any time there's a Sombra on the enemy team now, it will give your teammates even more of a reason to spam "I need healing".

People already get antsy about being at 75% HP for more than a few seconds, wait until this.

eek5

I'm not sure I agree with the dev saying they didn't want sombra to be able to counter hack health packs because it'd force you to counter with sombra. Right now if there is a sombra on the other team it seems like you want one as well so you can "protect" your health packs so the same issue happens.

also hacking mercy and preventing GA. rip all mercies ;_;

MastAndo

Wasn't around for when Ana was introduced, but the idea is that this isn't the final version of Sombra and that will be based on how things go in the PTR, right?...or will she likely be released to the masses as we're seeing her now on this Twitch stream?

I mean, if it's the latter, sheesh. She's ridiculous.

I'm not sure I agree with the dev saying they didn't want sombra to be able to counter hack health packs because it'd force you to counter with sombra. Right now if there is a sombra on the other team it seems like you want one as well so you can "protect" your health packs so the same issue happens.

Ana can't counter Biotic Grenade.

eek5

Wasn't around for when Ana was introduced, but the idea is that this isn't the final version of Sombra and that will be based on how things go in the PTR, right?...or will she likely be released to the masses as we're seeing her now on this Twitch stream?

Ana was different because she was weak at the beginning of ptr and they buffed her a couple of times but yeah I think we'll see adjustments after Sombra hits PTR for sure

xaosslug

her mobility is insane, and apparently the range of her weapon is decent as well. LMAO, I'm a Sombra main now guize. Sorry, not sorry.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Watching the twitch stream with Sombra being played.

She can passively see enemies under 50% health anywhere on the map and then go murder them.

Her health pack hacking is actually insane. You can have multiple health packs hacked. They have increased regeneration speed for you and enemies cant use them. So you leave a teleporter by a health pack, you see a low hp hero by your hacked health pack, you show up and murder.

She seems soooo good.

LiK

PTR is never final and Blizzard is no longer releasing stuff as quickly. They're making more tweaks and changes to heroes before they leave PTR now. I'm expecting Sombra to get some nerfs to some abilities before she's out.

Skii

Anyone free to do the 15 games on HotS now?

Wasn't around for when Ana was introduced, but the idea
is that this isn't the final version of Sombra and that will be based on how things go in the PTR, right?...or will she likely be released to the masses as we're seeing her now on this Twitch stream?

Yeah but Ana was actually underpowered in the PTR version. I think Blizzard are fairly aggressive with nerfing overpowered characters so I'm sure she'll get tweaked.

So Sombra being a direct counter to Lucio's ult means that Zenyatta will become a lot more viable, since his ult can't get hacked once he starts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom