• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

caesar

Banned
Officially dipped below 2000 SR now because, for the SECOND TIME TONIGHT, my stupid fucking asshole team decided to let an easy win go.

We held the point on Defense. They got 16% on it. Yet somehow, we were unable to grab that. Mostly because my team though "Hey, easy win" and changed team comp to be stupid. Never occured to them to change it back.

What the fuck. What the actual fuck.

I'm actually thinking of quitting. Not just quitting, but flat out snapping the disk in two, not out of frustration per se, but more so from the perspective that this game is just straight up poison to my soul now and maybe it's time that I remove the temptation to play it ever again. It's gone way beyond "not fun". Yeah, I'm tllting and all that. But *holds up hands*...I got nothing. All I can say is that this was one of the greatest games I've ever played until it turned against me. And now, I can't remember a single other game for which I've had this strong a sense of bitterness and hostility.

I'll play with Neogaf tonight. I really hope that will improve my mood, because this game is really all about the people you play with. But after that, I honestly don't know.

This game isn't for you lol

HelloMeow

Honestly, is it designed to take 3 minutes only to be placed in a super unbalanced match every time? This isn't fun.

Why are you guys taking this game so seriously?? I think that is the biggest problem for some of you. I mean, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun in Comp take a break, play QP, Arcade... or just take a longer break, play something else.

I just got the game. I just want to have fun, but it seems broken to me.

NeoRaider

Why are you guys taking this game so seriously?? I think that is the biggest problem for some of you. I mean, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun in Comp take a break, play QP, Arcade... or just take a longer break, play something else.

I know that it can be frustrating but you can control that, you are the one who should control it. Don't let it consume you and make you feel bad about playing or something. Also don't let ppl tell you: "This game is not for you." There is no such thing. Maybe some content of the game is not for you, but only if you let it be like that. And that's totally ok. Not everyone should have fun in Comp, or QP, or Arcade or any other mode. That's why there is a choice.

My advise would be, don't take it to seriously and try to have fun in other modes. If you feel anxiety while playing comp, you are sweating, you are not having fun. Take a break, play something else, go out...

Telling ppl: "This game is not for you" will not help. Because this is not a joke for many ppl it's more serious that some think.

Just my 2 cents.

Oxn

Cool i just got 3 golds as widow, 70% accuracy, and got 5 votes.

Im a terrible shot too. Everything just lined up today

antitrop

We had a leaver in one of my games yesterday and someone on the enemy team was enough of a cunt to say "ez" after every 6v5 team fight. Then he accidentally left the game before the Victory screen and lost 50SR.

Jellie

We had a leaver in one of my games yesterday and someone on the enemy team was enough of a cunt to say "ez" after every 6v5 team fight. Then he accidentally left the game before the Victory screen and lost 50SR.
I'm assuming he won since 6v5. If so he lost more than 50 since he didn't get his sr for winning.

Playing through my first ten comp matches, wonder where I'll end up. 6 wins 2 losses so far. Playing mostly Pharah, Dva and Torbjörn. My PSN is my GAF name if someone wants to team up at some point.

JHall

How do some Zaryas cause so much damage? My favorite hero is probably Zarya and I average like 23 eliminations and 8000 or so damage. I see some people average like 5000 more damage but have around the same number of kills. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have Zarya tips in general?

Zarya is a difficult hero to give tips because it comes down to situational awareness, cooldown management, knowing when to bubble and not when to bubble, and using your ult effectively with your team. Great Zaryas can control the flow of the game better than any hero out there.

My biggest piece of advice would be don't use your bubbles every time they come off cooldown to build "quick energy". They need to be saved for team fights and saving teammates. Also, watch Lassiz on twitch and see how he plays Zarya.

NeoRaider

I didn't even knew that there is achievement for this:

sJnSBR6.jpg

Lol XD

komaruR

Officially dipped below 2000 SR now because, for the SECOND TIME TONIGHT, my stupid fucking asshole team decided to let an easy win go.

We held the point on Defense. They got 16% on it. Yet somehow, we were unable to grab that. Mostly because my team though "Hey, easy win" and changed team comp to be stupid. Never occured to them to change it back.

What the fuck. What the actual fuck.

I'm actually thinking of quitting. Not just quitting, but flat out snapping the disk in two, not out of frustration per se, but more so from the perspective that this game is just straight up poison to my soul now and maybe it's time that I remove the temptation to play it ever again. It's gone way beyond "not fun". Yeah, I'm tllting and all that. But *holds up hands*...I got nothing. All I can say is that this was one of the greatest games I've ever played until it turned against me. And now, I can't remember a single other game for which I've had this strong a sense of bitterness and hostility.

I'll play with Neogaf tonight. I really hope that will improve my mood, because this game is really all about the people you play with. But after that, I honestly don't know.

nowdays i only get play comp when gaf group is on. never touch solo q comp since placement. just get the psn app on your phone and stalk whos online then get on to join the group.

It's noooot. :)
Really, i barely play her now. And i am not even sure what is her 2nd achievement.
I one shot killed Genji while falling down from my grapple jump, and achievement popped up. It didn't look too hard tbh.

The second is venom mine kills I believe. Don't remember the specifics.

NeoRaider

The second is venom mine kills I believe. Don't remember the specifics.

I just looked online:

Kill 4 enemies using Widowmaker's Venom Mine during a single quick or competitive play game

Sounds doable in longer matches. But still... venom mine doesn't really do much dmg.

This one's easy to get:
1) Have a game where someone on your team leaves.
2) Wait for most of your team to ragequit afterward.
3) Now that it's 1v6, ask the other team if you can get the achievement done.

Presto!

Thank god i didn't had to do that, lol. I usually don't look and care about the achievements but i like to be surprised and actually do what is required to be done for it. Many achievements in Overwatch just unlocked for me without even knowing what should i do exactly.
I unlocked mine in QP match.

antitrop

I used to have very little confidence in my Ana (<50% WR last season in Diamond), but I had a really good match with her solo-healing on Volskaya last night. We full-held second point, I had 15 Nano assists and my team was complimenting me the whole time (and everyone else, because all 6 of us were playing well).

Honestly, is it designed to take 3 minutes only to be placed in a super unbalanced match every time? This isn't fun.

Since you go on to say you just got the game: In the first few levels, the game tries to evaluate your MMR, so you'll be put in weird matches. Just so you know that. You won't immediately be placed into matches that will fit with your skill level.

And even if you're placed in the MMR/SR that is appropriate for your skill: There is no matchmaker in the world that can create games that will always feel like they're close. The human factor in this game is not to be underestimated. Sometimes steamrolls just happen. Heck, a good team that does well on one day can do terrible on another, or the momentum can swing around a lot as well, depending on map, mood, what have you.

I just got the game. I just want to have fun, but it seems broken to me.

This latest patch introduced a few bugs and fucked up 2CP maps, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. Not sure what you mean with "broken".

LiK

Fire then press jump at pretty much same time, still counts.

The mine actually very easy, lay one, when it is triggered just kill them before it wears off, it just needs be active on them, not the final blow.

Yea, I got this pretty early like back during the launch weeks. Was easy against a Torb player on Defense, heh heh

HelloMeow

Since you go on to say you just got the game: In the first few levels, the game tries to evaluate your MMR, so you'll be put in weird matches. Just so you know that. You won't immediately be placed into matches that will fit with your skill level.

And even if you're placed in the MMR/SR that is appropriate for your skill: There is no matchmaker in the world that can create games that will always feel like they're close. The human factor in this game is not to be underestimated. Sometimes steamrolls just happen. Heck, a good team that does well on one day can do terrible on another, or the momentum can swing around a lot as well, depending on map, mood, what have you.

This latest patch introduced a few bugs and fucked up 2CP maps, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. Not sure what you mean with "broken".

I've had it for about 2 weeks and played a lot of matches already. My mmr is around 2600, which I assume puts me in the biggest pool of players.

I say it's broken because it takes so damn long to get into a match. Is it normal to wait 3 minutes or more per game? I think it's ridiculous. Ranked or QP, it doesn't matter. Both are slow.

LiK

I've had it for about 2 weeks and played a lot of matches already. My mmr is around 2600, which I assume puts me in the biggest pool of players.

I say it's broken because it takes so damn long to get into a match. Is it normal to wait 3 minutes or more per game? I think it's ridiculous. Ranked or QP, it doesn't matter. Both are slow.

It's normal. The MM is slow as shit. It's usually very fast if you're backfill or you're in a stack and placed against another stack who is searching.

I think the longest was probably 4+ minutes for me.

Fucking Hanzo, had one of Def who would take about 10 seconds of aiming between shots, that then missed.

Bad enough having one person on your team that doesn't know what they're doing, but three in a group. Dreadful!
Hanzo, Genji, McCree 3 stack, have the nerve to spam select Rein and Mercy as if to imply someone else should play them.

I nabbed Genji during the spam to piss him off and boy did it, got hate mail from all three during the match and they basically just followed me about trying attack me.

Worth the SR loss.

I'm starting to think that's true. I just wish I knew why, because it used to be.

If nothing else Veelk, I understand the feeling of "perhaps removing the disc from my life would be an improvement".
The ratio of fun times to frustrating times is often skewered way too heavily in the negative side, damn why do those fewer fun times have to be so good though?!

LAM09

Hanzo, Genji, McCree 3 stack, have the nerve to spam select Rein and Mercy as if to imply someone else should play them.

I nabbed Genji during the spam to piss him off and boy did it, got hate mail from all three during the match and they basically just followed me about trying attack me.

Worth the SR loss.

That's what kills me at times. People shouldn't&#8203; try to tell others to play characters that might help the team, but do it themselves. So many still don't realise, it's a team game.

antitrop

The number of KOTH matches where we won the first round no problem and then got swept in 3 straight rounds after they swapped in a Pharah is too damn high.

Pharah has pretty much been the deciding factor of most of my matches this season, win or lose.

Owzers

The number of KOTH matches where we won the first round no problem and then got swept in 3 straight rounds after they swapped in a Pharah is too damn high.

Pharah has pretty much been the deciding factor of most of my matches this season, win or lose.
This brings up bad memories.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Remember on launch when people would rage switch to Bastion because they couldnt play their hero well enough and a lot of people didnt know how to deal with Bastion?

thats what Pharah feels like now

I just looked online:

Sounds doable in longer matches. But still... venom mine doesn't really do much dmg.

Okay, I asked my daughter, the achievement spray farmer, how she got this. Her friend played Junkrat. He laid down his trap and she put her poison mine on top of it. When it triggered the 'Rat finished them off, if necessary. Rinse and Repeat.

_Legacy_

Seems the idiots are out in full force today, been paired with people who have no clue what their doing and keep getting killed. Why are the fandoms on the opposing teams always so much more organised? Such a joke. I've dropped nearly 150 ST in the past few days. Sticking to stacks until I even out, playing on the weekend is awful for me.

Okay then, I guess this means I can't play Pharah (not a surprise) since I'm not really the deciding factor in my matches. Except for maybe when we lose. I like picking her though.

Maybe the issue is that I usally can't hit shit and my ult is mostly a failure lol

Top Bottom