• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

That's what kills me at times. People shouldn't​ try to tell others to play characters that might help the team, but do it themselves. So many still don't realise, it's a team game.

See my issue with that team was all of them instalocking DPS/Hanzo. Fuck those guys. Probably don't switch to Team Chat either, which in this case would be a blessing.

jviggy43

The lucio buff has certainly emboldened player's playstyle with him thats for sure. Watching a Lucio see me as roadhog and keep skating towards me and jumping around like I wont hook and one shot. This has been a pretty reoccurring encounter

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The lucio buff has certainly emboldened player's playstyle with him thats for sure. Watching a Lucio see me as roadhog and keep skating towards me and jumping around like I wont hook and one shot. This has been a pretty reoccurring encounter

I didn't like him much before but with the new aura where you can actually see what you're doing, he's actually pretty effective now.

Okay then, I guess this means I can't play Pharah (not a surprise) since I'm not really the deciding factor in my matches. Except for maybe when we lose. I like picking her though.

Maybe the issue is that I usally can't hit shit and my ult is mostly a failure lol
To be fair her Ult is suicide most of the time if the enemy team care you've been blasting them for a while, you really need sneak behind and hit them while distracted, but even then it only takes one player to quickly end you.

antitrop

I solo-Rez a lot of Pharahs after mission barrage, lol

I damage boost it so she can get as many kills as possible and then just Rez her.

Zen Aku

Lucio is in such a weird place for me right now. His improved gun and movement speed are begging you to play more aggressively, but his small ass AOE heals is telling you to play more conservatively with the team.

To the point where I only pick Lucio on KoTH or 2CP maps (defense) and go with Zen or Mercy on the others.

Fugu

Okay then, I guess this means I can't play Pharah (not a surprise) since I'm not really the deciding factor in my matches. Except for maybe when we lose. I like picking her though.

Maybe the issue is that I usally can't hit shit and my ult is mostly a failure lol
Aim is a harder problem to fix, but there are a lot of small things you can do to get better Pharah ults:

- You probably already know that Pharah combos well with a lot of characters (Zarya, Reinhardt, Mei... any cc ult, really). This is pretty obvious but always ask first. Pharah ult also benefits a lot from trans, beat drop, and anything that forces the enemy team to move really fast (or reorient their barriers) without being able to think too much about where they're going, like D. Va or McCree.
- In defensive positions where your team is entrenched and theirs has to come in, use the ult when they're forced to move through a section without being able to completely protect themselves. A pretty obvious example is Hanamura A; wait for them to start to run in and then ult from on top of the choke (or behind it depending on what they have on their team). There are a lot of positions from where this is possible but obviously this doesn't really work on attack (although it works wonderful on KotH).
- If you're attacking, you have less options. There are two main ways to get a good ult in this situation. The first way is to do it while the other team is distracted from a position they're not expecting you to be. It's very important that you be at least somewhat hidden or you won't finish the ult, which cuts into the damage. Since this, too, is not always possible, the other option is to position yourself in such a way that you can shotgun one or two important targets and then switch quickly to another one with the knowledge that you'll die but will take more people out with you.

It is telling that, at midrange, an ulting Pharah will lose 1v1 to a non-ulting Pharah; the ult is only effective when people aren't hitting you.

antitrop

Great. Lucio is an annoying twat now like Genji and Tracer. This fucking game man.
Lucio is a monster now. If all 4 waves of a single one of his shots hit the body, that's 80 damage. You can 2-click someone if you hit enough shots in the head.

His damage potential is WAAYYYY above Ana's now, considering her nerf and that she has never been able to get headshots.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Great. Lucio is an annoying twat now like Genji and Tracer. This fucking game man.

Lucio has always been annoying. It's just that the new playstyle encourages people to play Lucio annoying but thats what Lucio could always do

I'm always up in Genji or the snipers shit as Lucio.. Now it can just punish my team more if I do that. Like people complain about Lucio changes but I could always deal with Genji or Tracer as Lucio unless the Tracer was really good.

Only heroes I sweat with Lucio are Winston, McCree, Mei, and Hog. And sometimes Reinhardt

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like I'm just going to switch from healing now if my team does stupid ass shit. I sleep the Rein, our dumbass soldier wakes him and now I have to 1v1 the Rein as our Soldier runs off.... FU Shitty Soldier.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh no, a typo?

The new Capture mechanics are incredibly poorly thought out and punish you for not playing the map mechanic like you normally would. Counting partial ticks would have made sense. This is just dumb.

no i mean you really can't believe it? after all the other stuff they've let go live?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
give toblerone an anti air gun just so something can reliably counter pharah at lower levels/console
I'm used to the HOTS team who don't have to deal with Console patch lead times and are pretty good about immediately quashing this stuff :(

oh it could be worse. the wow team did mob scaling and didnt even mention it in the patch notes

Why does the AMM have two matches starting at the same time all night.

Like I'm excited for the return of NRG as much as the next guy, but Selfless-Immortals is a great match-up and no one will get to see it.

I wonder if people who pick Mei know she's bugged. She seems kinda useless not being able to slow enemies down anymore.
she is utter trash atm and i really don't think enough people know about it, i've still seen so many of them. she poses zero threat, even her ult is just a mild inconvenience now because literally every character can just walk out of it.

jviggy43

I cannot tell you how much I hate people insta picking reaper at the start of a match, especially so when our other dps picks a trace, genji, or phara. My last match the guy switched off of soldier to play reaper (after he instalocked him to start and then switched) when the other team had a phara.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
close to a decent looking 2-2-2 setup
all we need is another healer

latest

latest

latest

Corey is a god

But honestly, wtf is NRG doing

They're jobbers to the stars

I-hate-u

That was a terrible first showing from NRG. I know Meno was a very recent sub but their coordination was all over the place with ults use. They have the talent to be the best in NA so this is very disappointing.

I cannot tell you how much I hate people insta picking reaper at the start of a match, especially so when our other dps picks a trace, genji, or phara. My last match the guy switched off of soldier to play reaper (after he instalocked him to start and then switched) when the other team had a phara.
Asked a Reaper to switch to Soldier after Pharah pretty much caused a loss 1st round koth, he wouldn't until it last 30 seconds on round 3. We lost.

(I'd have done it but was only healer).

Blues1990

*Reinhardt charges across the map multiple times and dies in a barrage of gunfire*

Reinhardt teammate: "Hey, Lucio. You should switch, as you are not healing me."

Me: "Well, it's kind of hard to keep you topped up in HP when you always go cross-country with charging into an enemy. You shouldn't overextend and be more careful when you charge into someone."

Reinhardt teammate: "You're a bad healer, man. Switch to Mercy and stop being Lucio."

Me: *Looks at 20,050 healing and 2 deaths* "I'm just being honest, man. Just be more careful and be our shield."

Other teammate: He's right, man. You are overextending. Just be more selective with your charges. Besides, our Lucio is really solid.

Reinhardt teammate: "You negro's go into a ditch and die!" *Quits match*

Me: ".... Well, then. I can fill the Reinhardt role if someone can switch to healing?"

Other teammates: "Sure thing, man."

And we proceed to win that competitive match, despite it being 5 vs. 6.

HMD

And we proceed to win that competitive match, despite it being 5 vs. 6.

That dude was a massive dick, but solo healing with Lucio is a bad idea to be honest. But you were clearly the better team since you won 5v6 so it doesn't matter I guess.

Top Bottom