• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Numlocked has been overzealous with his charges this game.

His Winston was quite good for the one round they ran it, I wish they would go back to that.

EDIT - He listened, for one fight...

Blues1990

That dude was a massive dick, but solo healing with Lucio is a bad idea to be honest. But you were clearly the better team since you won 5v6 so it doesn't matter I guess.

I should've mentioned that we had an Ana, but he was also struggling with keeping that idiot healed. But from my experience, people are so deathly allergic with selecting support, that I have no choice but to be the solo healer as Lucio/Ana (despite being competent with Zarya and Reinhardt). Mostly due to the SR hiccup from the recent patch, but as I've mentioned before, I've noticed a subtle shift where players seem more likely to throw their support under the team bus in the event of a loss.

I have much more luck with being Lucio when flying solo, and know when to go in/bail from team fights. The most recent changes with his tool kit make it a hell of a lot easier to escape.

Edit: Often times I ask someone to help me with support and pick a second healer, because I can tell how dire things are and if I can't handle this by myself right away, like I tell people and they don't listen. :/

I-hate-u

Not to mention how NRG completely let go of their early streets phase advantage by dying so early but why don't Harb and Mendo combo their ults, and why does Mendo switch heroes so often?

Chance

To me 2nd support is less about healing (don't get me wrong, healing's important), but more about ults to provide the sustain you need to keep rollin' when the attackers invariably get some pics My favorite defense setup is Torb/Sym/Mercy - the teleporter, when combined with Rez, means your team will just never stop comin'.

Lucio+Zen I like for the same reason, or Zen+Mercy.

Solo support needs your DPS and tanks to be on permafire lol. I've won plenty with a solo Lucio or a solo Zen, but it's definitely not my preference.

NRG lost but that's a much better showing for them.

Harbleu's Roadhog has been incredibly risky but he's been getting kills. It's hard to tell exactly why with the camera in these tournaments but NRG just aren't capitalizing well enough off of those picks.

Shredderi

Still kind of puzzled that Mercy's rez hasn't been nerfed really. I feel like it's too much of a game changer compared to most ultis as it is now. It charges super duper fast as well. Maybe limit the max amount of people it can resurrect at once? Or make it charge even faster but have it only resurrect only one character?

Nimby

Banned
I'm just going to guess Seagull left because he knew his team was no better? Doesn't matter who you got playing for you if your supports and Rein consistently get outplayed, or can't make good plays.

Which is really quite sad.

I have quite a feeling that Numlocked will end up being the weak link with this squad. Some of the problems that plagued him in the past with NRG were still there today.

Yeah Numlocked and Ajax seemed bad. Ajax was maybe because of the recent Lucio changes, but man, if you are a one trick you should be prepped for that.

Yeah Numlocked and Ajax seemed bad. Ajax was maybe because of the recent Lucio changes, but man, if you are a one trick you should be prepped for that.

Ajax can also play Mercy but for sure that was a concern I had for him. That concern goes for most Lucio players if Lucio ever became much worse for some reason.

I don't think he was charging heroes very effectively with his speed boost, but that is a very specific example of something he wasn't great at.

Dummy didn't seem like he had a great game either.

EDIT- After a little more thought, I think Dummy struggled because Ajax didn't peel very well. I also think a lot of his focus was on healing Numlocked to make up for his aggressiveness. Numlocked playing aggressive might have been a deliberate strategy going in, but it did not work out. Once again, I wish Overwatch had a theater mode of some sort so we could watch and study that type of stuff.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I didn't know that you could not get a scorecard in Uprising, but someone just did. :c

They played Rein and just stood around for most of the game.

pizzacat

Banned
Now that custom server games exist, it'd probably be b etter to do the Widowmaker practice servers

i mean what would you be practicing against?

either other widows practicing or bots that dont move like people at all

if you want better matches where people are prolly playing their best characters play comp?

Anne

Still kind of puzzled that Mercy's rez hasn't been nerfed really. I feel like it's too much of a game changer compared to most ultis as it is now. It charges super duper fast as well. Maybe limit the max amount of people it can resurrect at once? Or make it charge even faster but have it only resurrect only one character?

Counterplay exists to it as is. The only thing you can realistically nerf on it is the charge time, but that doesn't seem to be a huge issue atm.

Blues1990

Man, had 2/4 dead, but only 2:30 left for the entire back half of that room, woof.

I found that killing the Bastions first (while ignoring the first OR-14) is the easier way to beat this mode on Legendary. The other OR-14's wont' spawn until your team kills the first one, so killing the Bastions first is a good way to make it a bit easier for everyone.

Counterplay exists to it as is. The only thing you can realistically nerf on it is the charge time, but that doesn't seem to be a huge issue atm.

I don't understand how hard it is to just focus the Mercy in a team fight. So many people complain about her being "OP" or "broken" but it's as simple as hunting her down and taking her out. I see so many Mercy players both on my team and the enemy team just float around the battlefield without anyone paying attention to them.

This isn't even talking about other counters like baiting out her ultimate. I just don't think she is that big of an issue.

Ramirez

I found that killing the Bastions first (while ignoring the first OR-14) is the easier way to beat this mode on Legendary. The other OR-14's wont' spawn until your team kills the first one, so killing the Bastions first is a good way to make it a bit easier for everyone.

That's good to know, thanks.

I'm surprised you managed to complete Expert with randoms. Got to the final two Bastions on a few occasions, but over eager Reins have cost us.

I beat Legendary with randoms in All Heroes yesterday. It was pretty easy with Orisa, Rein, Bastion, and Mercy. We didn't have much time left, but I think you're gonna be barely beating it no matter how well you do, they really don't give you shit for time.

Veelk

Banned
Still trying to Solo Q since it didn;'t seem any gaffers were on.

Atleast a 3rd of my games were straight throws because some dickhead decided to get cute with the comp.

And I got another game where the enemy team barely touched the checkpoint on defense, but even though our job on attack was minimal, we still lost because stupid dickheaded goat molesters decide to straight up throw the game.

This is the third time that this has happened out of 3. What the fuck. Why? I don't understand. Why does team comp fall apart when the game is all but ours to take for the win?

I bounced back and forth in the 2050-2100 range for the last 4 hours because of this stupid shit.

So, THIS happened:

giphy.gif

Shame the Highlight didn't catch the second Earthshatter a moment later where shit really got real. But Daaaamn, what the hell just happened that recharged it so quickly.

Wish I had Shadowplay properly set up and remembered what the hotkey for record last five minutes was, but alas.

EDIT: Wow Puush really screwed it up. Reuploading elsewhere real quick.

So apparently nothing seems to be capable of hosting the original 60FPS GIF properly. *shrug*

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, THIS happened:

giphy.gif

Shame the Highlight didn't catch the second Earthshatter a moment later where shit really got real. But Daaaamn, what the hell just happened that recharged it so quickly.

Wish I had Shadowplay properly set up and remembered what the hotkey for record last five minutes was, but alas.

EDIT: Wow Puush really screwed it up. Reuploading elsewhere real quick.

So apparently nothing seems to be capable of hosting the original 60FPS GIF properly. *shrug*

I think maybe you knocked someone off the map while they had the Lucio overshield, which gave you a ton of ult charge.

Rafy

What size mousepad do you guys use?

I'm using a Steelseries QcK but I feel like its too small for low sens heroes

I am thinking of just getting a plain playmat (the ones I use for card games) and cover both the keyboard and mouse area. They are cheap as hell, but I don't know how it would perform.

Or I'll just spring for a QcK of similar size.

Top Bottom