• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

kirblar

Has Bastion been buffed,dude? He seems nigh impossible to kill.
Yes, he's been nerfed since on PC, but not on console (he'll be nerfed on Tuesday there w/ the Orisa release.) He's got 35% damage mitigation in Sentry/Tank, but it's only 20 on live PC.

Lots of changes incoming on Tuesday, actually.

komaruR

ND using his mic again. It's a miracle.

GG dudes. 6-stack is the way to go now.

6stack for the week is great. because the bad teammates are on the other team :p
can't wait for the bastion nerf. so annoying. the only problem for a bastion is if he surpise you. bastion vs bastion is so boring.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedStylishWalletJKanStyle
godly zarya ult by scrubtactician. mind you i just ult'ed randomly because they were all around that vicinity. somehow we combo'ed.
thanks to the thier bastion feed and lucky their zen ulted at the beginning lol

karasu

Yes, he's been nerfed since on PC, but not on console (he'll be nerfed on Tuesday there w/ the Orisa release.) He's got 35% damage mitigation in Sentry/Tank, but it's only 20 on live PC.

Lots of changes incoming on Tuesday, actually.
Omgwtf

rulerk1

TIL: Sombra can be detected by turrets when she shes spotted by Hanzo or Widow. WTF im still invisible come on!

Also i translocated to another location but still DIED to a D,va bomb that went one second later. Why is she not invincible during translocating? Blizzard pls!

LiK

I honesty can't wait for the Bastion nerf. I almost killed him a few times when he was in turret form as Soldier but he would last until a tiny health bar before I needed to reload so he would escape and heal. Once the Ironclad goes down, I'll be able to kill him more easily. Hopefully people will stop using him in Comp so much. Freakin' annoying.

ND using his mic again. It's a miracle.

GG dudes. 6-stack is the way to go now.

Just for a bit, those sym turrets were pissing me off. I lost track of what was happening when I had my mic since playing with headphones is much better

Also something very important, always follow the Rein. We were completely scattered on the first two games and we had a Rein on our team, that can't happen. We should have won the Oasis game easily, and we took way too much time on the 2nd point in gibraltar because there were just 2 or 3 of us following komaru as Rein, being constantly picked.

If we play as a 6-stack we have to group up. That doesn't mean we have to be super close, but let the tanks be in front at least and support them with damage or healing. Try to find a position where you can't be flanked easily and also retreat when the shields are gone.

We played better in the last two.

komaruR

Just for a bit, those sym turrets were pissing me off. I lost track of what was happening when I had my mic since playing with headphones is much better

Also something very important, always follow the Rein. We were completely scattered on the first two games and we had a Rein on our team, that can't happen. We should have won the Oasis game easily, and we took way too much time on the 2nd point in gibraltar because there were just 2 or 3 of us following komaru as Rein, being constantly picked.

If we play as a 6-stack we have to group up. That doesn't mean we have to be super close, but let the tanks be in front at least and support them with damage or healing. Try to find a position where you can't be flanked easily and also retreat when the shields are gone.

oasis was painful. i wiff my stun or either used on other targets leaving their tracer harassing us bad :(

Jellie

AngryMoth

Between OGN this week and the monthly melee I'm watching now, seems the meta is a pretty good spot right now? Seeing triple tank, 2/2/2, triple and even quad dps, single support defence with ana and torb, since support attack with lucio...

LiK

I will only follow Rein closely as Zen or Junk. If I'm Soldier, I'll need to peel away at times to flank or try to get some kills against a back line harasser like Tracer who was annoying the shit outta our group in Ilios.

We did fine but I think when you were Ana you should've used your mic with her earlier. No mic from Ana means not sure who you'll Nanoboost.

We didn't get stomped in any matches as a 6-stack and I think that's a success.

oasis was painful. i wiff my stun or either used on other targets leaving their tracer harassing us bad :(

It was impossible to win that game the way we were playing. They didn't have a Rein, we could've easily cleaned them up since they didn't have anything to protect them and force them to trade Winston or Zarya for a Rein. We were awful as a team in that game.

I will only follow Rein closely as Zen or Junk. If I'm Soldier, I'll need to peel away at times to flank or try to get some kills against a back line harasser like Tracer who was annoying the shit outta our group in Ilios.

We did fine but I think when you were Ana you should've used your mic with her earlier. No mic from Ana means not sure who you'll Nanoboost.

Can't agree with that, I don't flank as S76. You can do tons of damage from a safe distance, no need to endanger yourself constantly. If you have your ult you can try to get them off-guard from a position they don't expect, but even that is unnecessary most of the times.

And if there's a harasser he will most likely be near your supports. And where are your supports? Hopefully behind the tanks, where you should also be to be able to protect them.

Playing with mic is much better for stuff like that for sure, but I play worse. Have to get new headphones with mic.

LiK

Can't agree with that, I don't flank as S76. You can do tons of damage from a safe distance, no need to endanger yourself constantly. If you have your ult you can try to get them off-guard from a position they don't expect, but even that is unnecessary most of the times.

And if there's a harasser he will most likely be near your supports. And where are your supports? Hopefully behind the tanks, where you should also be able to protect them.

Playing with mic is much better for stuff like that for sure, but I play worse. Have to get new headphones with mic.

We play Soldier differently then. I will protect the support when needed which is why I need to flank and get high ground. Just sitting there close by is too predictable and will end up getting me killed most of the time. I'm talking about KOTH maps, not payloads or 2CP. If you think you can do better, feel free to choose Soldier. I can play other heroes.

GGs everyone. I'll be on a bit again, finishing eating and tv program if anyone is playing.

For Gibraltar, we went up the gut too much, we can't be doing that in the bastion meta. We kept staggering deaths cause the shield broke immediately. I'm not sure what it is but for other maps, someone at least says hey let's go try going some different way instead of left/straight (this includes myself). Yesterday we were on point with grouping up right after we died and communicating people fall back to group up, we need to keep up the comms! The comms got better on those last matches, some even saying who they were aiming for or where the enemy is.

We play Soldier differently then. I will protect the support when needed which is why I need to flank and get high ground. Just sitting there close by is too predictable and will end up getting me killed most of the time. I'm talking about KOTH maps, not payloads or 2CP. If you think you can do better, feel free to choose Soldier. I can play other heroes.

I'm also talking about koth. Being close to us means that it's more dangerous for the flankers to try to get us, going by yourself you're just easy prey for the other team. That's the point.

It's not a matter of doing better or worse, it's just for us to improve as a team when we play together. I don't mind picking last, you guys can pick whatever you feel confortable, just try to play as a full group where we all can stay together to cover our backs. I'd rather be wiped out in a easy team kill from a Zarya ult but winning the other fights. It's actually better that way because we can respawn all at the same time :p

LiK

I'm also talking about koth. Being close to us means that it's more dangerous for the flankers to try to get us, going by yourself you're just easy prey for the other team. That's the point.

It's not a matter of doing better or worse, it's just for us to improve as a team when we play together. I don't mind picking last, you guys can pick whatever you feel confortable, just try to play as a full group where we all can stay together to cover our backs. I'd rather be wiped out in a easy team kill from a Zarya ult but winning the other fights. It's actually better that way because we can respawn all at the same time :p

I always stick with my team unless I need to kill a flanker. I don't do things solo in this game. You should know how I play from our QP matches.

One thing people need to do is stop overextending. I was noticing some guys running to kill them at spawn in a few matches. We should never do that.

MG310

It is babies yelling shit they heard during e-sports in solo queue night.

Got grouped up with them again immediately after...I'll just take the 10 minutes off rather than hear about this kids pro McCree for 15 minutes thanks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly the shotcalling for runaway has been kinda garbage? They often feel like they weren't ulting at the right times and often make the wrong plays.

Kox plays a great ana but I've seen him neglect healing so often. And I'm a proponent for DPS ana but not to the extent he's doing it.

Like 1 man gravitons that doesn't even have any followup.

Top Bottom