• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Seems like you guys are doing okay without me
:(
but I'm about to do the final mission in Horizon, Mass Effect might be a dud, the hunt for a Switch is ongoing and may take awhile, and Persona 5 is a few weeks out. I actually think I might be down to play some Orisa this week with you guys. Maybe I'll try to get my placements done before then. I'm probably very rusty.

I'm Sad that ND doesn't use a mic anymore though.

MG310

Just said fuck it and used Winston who I have only ever skirmished with in a few comp matches - did pretty well on Anubis attack and most of a Mumbani attack.

Xeteh

I really hate CTF. It is one of my favorite modes in every FPS I've ever played but in OW it is played like some defensive battle. Most games are draws because one team decides it is better to draw than it is to lose so they just play defense.

Gotta share a story:

So, QP on Oasis. Playing Zen. Enemy Hanzo kills me as soon as I hit the main area. He then kills me four more times coming out of spawn. Just me, no one else, and always from a different angle. I come out the next time with my head on a swivel, but he's gone. I get to the point- we're already down 61%- and get scatter arrowed. Sweet. I manage to get to the point again and track him after he Ults. Kill him. No one is on the point, and it's counting down. I Ult to stall, but my team doesn't make it. I die again. Lose the round.

This is the closest I have come to rage quitting a match, at this point. 1k/7d, 90 healing, 600-ish damage, no assists. Fuck.

The next two rounds are an all-out trickle-in brawl on the points. We got the point early in the 2nd round and had no peace until our Pharah booped their Soldier off the point in OT. I manage to keep an eye out for Hanzo, kill him every time I see him. He switches to Junkrat at some point.
3rd round is back-and-forth, no rest, no stopping, all-out throwing orbs of every kind the entire time. Overwhelm them with Ulties at the very end and win.

Final stats- 37k/9d, 11k+ healing, 10k+ damage, 39 defensive assists, 36 offensive assists. Career bests in elims, and both kinds of assists. And most importantly I felt that rush of being totally in the moment, that Flow that makes me come back to Overwatch (and video games in general) no matter how bad things are going.

T'was a good night.

Pre-DSPStanky video: Lucio just won't be nearly as good for dive strategies and will open up design space.

Post video of GM Lucio main stomping awful PTR players: Lucio is broken.

:p

Ferga

Holy shit, just had a 40+minute round of attack on Hanamura in comp because the defending team were playing a bloody stall comp.

Overtime on our attack on point B was close to half a hour.

Fucking Mei, Dva, lucio, reaper, winston going in one by one followed by mercy resses

Our mercy just kept ressing over and over again. I ended the game with almost 100 kills on Pharah

We eventually won with our lucio booping 3 enemies off for a millisecond to cap that final millimeter.

Stressful shit.

rulerk1

omg just won my first comp match in days. Encheinwald and my teammates autolock genji and Hanzo and we seriously couldnt push the payload past the entrance gate. I was playing Zarya, got so many kills and a good grav but my teammates were scared to push. for defending i went zen and had silver or gold everything by the end. As bad as some of my teammates were, the enemy pharah killed herself multiple times, Winston died so many times, and i their Ana switched off to Soldier. The genji player had like 3 hrs as him but 10hrs as Soldier (which we needed). This is platinum rank mind you. Why is this so hard

MG310

Welp, just lost a Gibraltar match 4-6 in which my team had 5:38 left and the other team had 1:00.

They pushed it all the way we pushed it a short of the 2nd checkpoint. Both defenses featured different bad Symmetras.

randome

Just said fuck it and used Winston who I have only ever skirmished with in a few comp matches - did pretty well on Anubis attack and most of a Mumbani attack.

Hey me too! Managed 25 eliminations one match. He's a ton of fun to use and so goofy haha.

JHall

Holy shit, just had a 40+minute round of attack on Hanamura in comp because the defending team were playing a bloody stall comp.

Overtime on our attack on point B was close to half a hour.

Fucking Mei, Dva, lucio, reaper, winston going in one by one followed by mercy resses

Our mercy just kept ressing over and over again. I ended the game with almost 100 kills on Pharah

We eventually won with our lucio booping 3 enemies off for a millisecond to cap that final millimeter.

Stressful shit.

2CP is balanced.

LUL

LiK

GG dudes. Good Comp matches. Started rough for me but we always get it to together later. I guess we should always warm up first in the future. Tough games but I think we'll climb once we play more together.

Was it a D.Va launching her mech into a graviton serge that got POTG?

Nope, killed them all by myself rushing into their faces after most of our team died. I'll need to share the clip. I was on a roll.

Seems like you guys are doing okay without me
:(
but I'm about to do the final mission in Horizon, Mass Effect might be a dud, the hunt for a Switch is ongoing and may take awhile, and Persona 5 is a few weeks out. I actually think I might be down to play some Orisa this week with you guys. Maybe I'll try to get my placements done before then. I'm probably very rusty.

I'm Sad that ND doesn't use a mic anymore though.

Nice, finally :D

I can use it depending on the situation, used it today in a few games :p

GG dudes. Good Comp matches. Started rough for me but we always get it to together later. I guess we should always warm up first in the future. Tough games but I think we'll climb once we play more together.

Very nice games, your Junkrat was amazing in Gibraltar.

Communication helps a lot, it's really enjoyable playing with a 6-stack, everyone was really nice today :)

The last game was insane, we capped both points in Anubis in 2:28 minutes!

LiK

^ thanks, gotta live up to my rep as a Junk main here lol. His buff is gonna make it even easier for me. :D

Soldier and Zen are def my other homies now for Season 4. I'm still torn whom I should give the gold gun to first. Got 4k Comp points in the bank atm.

Nope, killed them all by myself rushing into their faces after most of our team died. I'll need to share the clip. I was on a roll.

Yeah man!

Once communication get going it's a breeze.

I thought it was pretty hilarious that Kamoru yelled for me to Rez when he was the only one dead when we capped the payload.

Yeah man!

I thought it was pretty hilarious that Kamoru yelled for me to Rez when he was the only one dead when we capped the payload.

Who's that?

:p

^ thanks, gotta live up to my rep as a Junk main here lol. His buff is gonna make it even easier for me. :D

Soldier and Zen are def my other homies now for Season 4. I'm still torn whom I should give the gold gun to first. Got 4k Comp points in the bank atm.

Zen golden nuts are pretty awesome.

LiK

Yeah man!

lol, yea. I laughed when you guys were talking about it.

Looks so fun though.

If these changes actually make it live, I'm gonna have to start practicing my wall rides :lol

I actually like the changes. It makes Lucio much more fun to play as opposed to just being a necessary piece of the puzzle. I haven't had any issues with taking him out of the fight as McCree or Soldier either. He's definitely harder to track with Tracer though. His speed boosts off walls lets him shoot off right over your head much faster than he used to be able to.

I imagine these changes will go live though. If only because the PTR is a complete garbage way to test mechanics that involve coordination and teamplay.

He wasn't bad but kept doing some really dangerous shoulder charges!

You are scrubtactician on PSN right?

Sorry about that nanoboost on Ilios, made some changes on Ana controls and instead of activating the scope to heal komaru that was up in the air I ended up boosting you lol

Your reaction was hilarious, like "wtf am I supposed to do here???" xD

Azoor

We need more pure Payload maps like Gibraltar and Dorado, that's where the game is at its best IMO.

Hybrid maps aren't my favorite.

KiraFA37

Do they? If the previous team's offense was so bad that any progress on the point won the game then I don't see the problem. :x

So you think its fun to lose because the enemy team just went full flanker and touched the point? Basically your are forcing them to play on the point in this case and give up the strategically important gate/choke giving the defending team a big disadvantage and giving the attacking team a lot more space to operate in. Just because you had a bad offence doesn't mean you should get a disadvantage in defence.

So you think its fun to lose because the enemy team just went full flanker and touched the point? Basically your are forcing them to play on the point in this case and give up the strategically important gate/choke giving the defending team a big disadvantage and giving the attacking team a lot more space to operate in.
If the defending team's offense round was that bad, then yes. If anything it's a blessing to get the match over and done with.

Just because you had a bad offence doesn't mean you should get a disadvantage in defence.
I don't see why not. If the other team can outdo the progress, then the opportunity was fair. Otherwise do some last ditch effort to not have 1% progress before the round is over.

Jellie

In a payload map you'd have to be the most awful team ever to not reach the payload once. In CP/Hybrid which have objecetives past the choke its not uncommon to get to the point. Then you have to decide whether to go full flank just to get on some % or continue with a proper team.

Second attackers can then just go full flank touch the point for a second/boop off the person on the point.

Top Bottom