• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Or just play the damn game? i got pretty much everything i wanted in the last event....
Congrats, a lot of people played and didn't. There's no reason why the non-seasonal skins in Uprising and this aren't added to the regular pool. Well, there is a reason actually. More loot box profits.

Anyway 3v3 change doesn't even sound like the change it needed, they just needed to ban sym and bastion and it would have been ten times better. The worst part about it is when a team decides to camp in their base and this does nothing to address that.

Gurrry

Events are time limited for a reason, or can you celebrate christmas throughout the whole year?

Even if its not the christmas skins, there is no reason to not include these new skins into the regular loot boxes other than getting people to pay for boxes. They have no holiday theme attached to them.

Congrats, a lot of people played and didn't. There's no reason why the non-seasonal skins in Uprising and this aren't added to the regular pool. Well, there is a reason actually. More loot box profits.

Anyway 3v3 change doesn't even sound like the change it needed, they just needed to ban sym and bastion and it would have been ten times better. The worst part about it is when a team decides to camp in their base and this does nothing to address that.

They did fix that. A capture point will appear near the end of the round as an alternate win condition. Turtling can no longer force a draw.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not everyone can play all day and night trying to unlock these things. I think it was expected by many people that the anniversary event would bring new permanent skins to the table. Thats where the disappointment is stemming from.

I kind of thought that they would eventually add these things to the regular loot tables over time, but a year later and we are still doing exclusive timed events.

I said earlier that I get why they do it. So im not gonna bitch too much, but it is a bummer.

I feel like having new goals (trying to get those new skins) will increase my personal longevity with the game. I tend to only come back for events now, and Id rather them pull me in with new things to go after on a more regular basis.

Well i can't either but the thing is they haven't made all those skins just for one event, those will all come back but of course people complain about it cause kids these days don't have any patients anymore, they want there stuff now.

giphy.gif

I thought that I was fine with >15k currency, even bought last event Tracer skin with those lame guns... I wasn't expecting so many legendaries that I actually want. I will have to play a lot to get everything I want fml.

Only if you get the new skin.

And a golden gun.

D.Va skin new skin is awesome, though I have my doubts if the golden weapon will look good on it.
My update is almost done. Let's grind some boxes.

Gurrry

Well i can't either but the thing is they haven't made all those skins just for one event, those will all come back but of course people complain about it cause kids these days don't have any patients anymore, they want there stuff now.

giphy.gif

How can you say that they will come back with any certainty at all? We havent had a repeat event yet, so we dont know how they will handle the old haloween/christmas skins.

Theyve mentioned before how they want skins to feel important by making them exclusive. With that idea in mind, we might never get a chance at getting the first set of event skins again.

Sec0nd

Yo wtf these skins. I thought it would be kind of a meh event skin wise. The ones they showed like Soldier were alright. But definitely not the coolest ever. But holy cow that DVA, Tracer, Genji en Mei skins. Holy hell.

DevilDog

giphy.gif

Do you ever think before posting?

How can you say that they will come back with any certainty at all? We havent had a repeat event yet, so we dont know how they will handle the old haloween/christmas skins.

Theyve mentioned before how they want skins to feel important by making them exclusive. With that idea in mind, we might never get a chance at getting the first set of event skins again.
They will come back ,next year. However the timed exclusivity is there to put pressure on people to play more, and more importantly, buy more lootboxes.

Each event is a cash grab tbh. And they don't even bother to put new voicelines or animations in the legendary ones.

They already said they are repeating the events guys. I couldn't imagine they wouldn't make past skins available to buy again.

It better news I'm crying because I got Tracer's Graffiti skin.

Gurrry

Because Kaplan said so.

Oh ok I didnt know he mentioned that. I usually keep pretty close tabs on the developer updates but I guess I didnt hear that.

Regardless, its still a bummer that we still havent gotten any permanent skins that go into regular loot boxes. Once events are done, I usually dont feel the need to go back and play until another event happens.

They already said they are repeating the events guys. I couldn't imagine they wouldn't make past skins available to buy again.

It better news I'm crying because I got Tracer's Graffiti skin.

Good shit man, especially when you play her a lot. I was seeing a YT video and the golden guns look really good in that skin.

Edit: there it is in that pic lol

We can do our arcade wins if you want.

I didn't see anything about the teleporter in the patch notes. Wat?

It's up to you guys, I'm fine with comp if we have a good group, I can do the mystery heroes stuff later solo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bought boxes like i do for most events but got pretty much every skin except the ones i wanted -genji, dva and symmetra

why you do this to me

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

common sense, remember the oni genji skin from the HOTS event? they also brought that back.

Do you ever think before posting?

is that all you got?

tenor.gif

And they don't even bother to put new voicelines or animations in the legendary ones.

Except that they do have different voice lines. Not all of them do, but plenty of them have. Santa Torb for instance just from the top of my head, as well as most of the Halloween legendaries.
Also, for the Jazz skin for Lucio, they actually changed the songs that he plays.

As for the animations, I completely understand why they're not wanting to change them, because if you change them, you might run into the issue of making them hard to distinguish. That might work in a MOBA that's comparably slow paced, but in an FPS where you have to make split-second decisions based on what you see, that would make things atrocious. You have to be able to identify exactly who's doing what.
Mei's iceblock and Hanzo's dragons are unique enough for that to not be an issue.

Except that they do have different voice lines. Not all of them do, but plenty of them have. Santa Torb for instance just from the top of my head, as well as most of the Halloween legendaries.
Also, for the Jazz skin for Lucio, they actually changed the songs that he plays.

As for the animations, I completely understand why they're not wanting to change them, because if you change them, you might run into the issue of making them hard to distinguish. That might work in a MOBA that's comparably slow paced, but in an FPS where you have to make split-second decisions based on what you see, that would make things atrocious.

Oh my god I need to buy Wild Wild West Lucio immediately.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bought 5 boxes which is my limit for each event and got nothing, not the best £5 I've ever spent.

I really like the smart changes they made to 3v3 and 1v1, making it elimination and making overtime a control point ads a lot of agency and prevents too much camping or just the same team comps every round

I really like the smart changes they made to 3v3 and 1v1, making it elimination and making overtime a control point ads a lot of agency and prevents too much camping or just the same team comps every round

At the same time, picking Widowmaker in 1v1 and seeing that your opponent picked Orisa basically means it's a guaranteed loss if they aren't complete trash. Some of the matchups are just destined to be one-sided.

3v3 is fun, but good luck when you pick the wrong hero in the 1v1 mode...

Lmao, exactly what I just posted. It really is kind of lame.

I remember Blizzard saying way way back when Summer Games started that event skins will be available again every year / when the event returns, and new skins will be planned for repeat events as well.

I think the only skin in the game we'll never see become available again might be Bastion's Blizzcon 2016 skin.

I remember Blizzard saying way way back when Summer Games started that event skins will be available again every year / when the event returns, and new skins will be planned for repeat events as well.

I think the only skin in the game we'll never see become available again might be Bastion's Blizzcon 2016 skin.

And Widowmaker's Noire that you get from pre-ordering. Luckily for us both of those skins suck so it's a non-issue.

Top Bottom