• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Still curious about what my asia connection to other NA/EU people here is like, so I'll play a bit if anything is open.

Got a legendary in my loot box!

:( It was a McCree dupe.

I've probably won 90% of my 3v3s playing solo queue I usually just try and pick a character that compliments the other two people also I'm usually grouped with duo's

All my solo 3v3s involved a DPS who ran right into the other team to 1v3 them. And die immediately every time.

Pinku/me/buttchin didn't exactly do better....like 0-7.

Yeah 3v3 is not my preferred mode. I got my loot box from it so I'm good.

If you guys do comp later I'm up for it - doing QP with the others right now.

MG310

Good start to the night...Volskaya offense where all of our tanks switched to DPS to go with our other 2 DPS that couldn't get kills and begged for healing when we couldn't get past the turret hell at the front gate.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Surprised people even checked your profile / complain about people playing "non mains". Have never had someone complain about a character select unless Symmetra or whatever.
That's all the people I get matched up with seem to do really just snoop at each others profiles.

MG310

Haven't found a win yet.

Last one was an Illios where our Genji seemed to be trolling us. Stayed in spawn whenever we grouped up and would run out of spawn once we got wiped out and say to group up.

KanameYuuki

Now that Total Mayhem is back, it reminded me how bad people are at understanding objectives and such, on defense just pick chars with sustainability and play the stalling game, never drop of the payload.

I was able to stall the payload all by myself with Winston for like 2 mins and my team was way at the back "setting up a choke" and as soon as I died the payload advanced and they all got killed wasting precious seconds. He is so un killable on that game mode, I can feel the hate and rage on the opposite team lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't even check people's profiles unless they're wrecking me. I don't even check people on my team. Seems like a silly thing to do.
Maybe it's an east coast thing or something. It's just obnoxious obsessing cause they always seem antsy AF.

i like how they added time of day changes to the new maps, the holiday maps and the ctf maps but couldnt bother to add them to the vanilla maps

LiK

Just got slept over and over in Mayhem. Fucking infuriating. I just need one more win and this douche is trolling with that shit.

I hate playing soloq qp. I just want to be part of some form of coordination. I need someone to tell me what the plan is and just go for it. But the chaos that is basically headless chicken is sooooo fucking frustrating -- oh my GOD!

LiK

I hate playing soloq qp. I just want to be part of some form of coordination. I need someone to tell me what the plan is and just go for it. But the chaos that is basically headless chicken is sooooo fucking frustrating -- oh my GOD!

I'm on your list. If you see Join Group on me. Just join.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I usually just spend $10 in lootboxes and grind out the rest during events. Until the Uprising event I'd usually end up with half the legendaries and some decent loot by the end, but that luck has run out apparently.

20 boxes in and Roadhog's Mako skin has been my only legendary unlocked during the Anniversary event. The most I have to show for the current event are two dancing emotes. ☹️ Guess I shouldn't bother spending IRL money in the future if it's gonna be like this. Feel like an idiot spending hard earned cash on sprays and dupes.

I finally won my first ever 1v1, and with snipers too! I usually suck with that kind of class, so I either got real lucky or the person I was playing against was worse than I am

I've won plenty of 1v1s. Every time the person was demonstrably, obviously worse than me. I choke hard on the pressure of 1v1, usually losing every round.

It's why I play Zen. No aggro, just hang out 300 yards back and pick flowers, maybe chuck an orb or two if the feeling's right.
Namaste, bitches.

MG310

Incredibly high man can't stop telling us that D.Va is out of mech, is now playing attack Torb to go with our Widow and Hanzo.

Nevermind he just switched to Symmetra.

Ggs everyone, QP was alright today, shame about the lootboxes but currency is better than nothing.

We really need to step up in terms of dancing emotes, that volskaya team made us look bad.

Ggs everyone, QP was alright today, shame about the lootboxes but currency is better than nothing.

We really need to step up in terms of dancing emotes, that volskaya team made us look bad.

The more we play together the faster we can get loot boxes and the faster we can engage in intense dance battles.

Played Sombra in qp for the first time in a while and she's a lot more fun than she was previously. I'm glad they didn't go the "worse tracer with more health" route and instead buffed her hacking/utility.

I've opened 8 boxes so far, I've gotten one dance and no event skins. Got no legendaries in my HOTS boxes either, which means I'm due for a dupe that gives me 1/12 of an event skin any day now.

Forget Bastion, Zen has the most boring ass voice lines. Nothing is spammable.

How Disappointing is pretty good though.
agreed on both

LiK

Alrighty, bringing ND back into QP. Full stacks are always fun. You can see how friggin' tryhard the enemy teams are, hehe

MG310

Incredibly high man switched back to Torbjorn, read out the kill feed for the entire match and then told us we were all shit after we lost.

just met someone with almost 500 hours in competitive this season alone. with over 1100 hours combined in all season. HOW. and his qm it's only 192 hours lol.

Forget Bastion, Zen has the most boring ass voice lines. Nothing is spammable.

I'm a personal fan of "I Will NOT Juggle."

I really wish I had thought about switching to a character for a trophy I needed during that match. Something like Widow's headshot or even Rapid Discord might have been possible if I'd coordinated with you guys.

Oh god...I'm thinking about trophies while having a stupid fun match in Overwatch...what have I become?!

I played sports for years and am definitely a competitive guy who will get frustrated at loss streaks but it's not going to scare me from going into competitive, I don't get that attitude.

I played 3 sports- at a very high level- from Kindy through college. I was ultra-competitive in everything, including video games. But I had kids 10-ish years ago, and couldn't play online much anymore.

Overwatch got me back into it, and I find I don't have the stomach for stuff like Comp anymore. Sure, my skills have deteriorated quite a bit, but mainly it's because I don't like the pressure. I want to be a good teammate, and I want to win, but a really close, fun loss is better to me than a stomp win where everyone is talking about how shit the other team is, and how amazingly awesome they are.

In QP I can encourage, nudge, redirect, basically use all of the skills I learned from being a teacher. Comp makes that tough, with people unravelling under pressure and tilting at the slightest of obstacles.

But I'm very old at this point, so grain of salt.

Top Bottom