• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Gorillaz

It's pretty cool I agree, what's kind of sad is that you look at her actual content without the words "sombra" and you see a huge discrepancy in views. She's barely getting ~5k views on her normal content and 20k+ views on anything overwatch related. I think she found that doing these meetups does more for her channel than making original content.
I know she has more than that, it was more of a tongue and cheek thing.

edit: misread it, yea it's kinda sad alot of youtubers fall in line having to keep doing one topic as well, which usually down the line means they cut down some projects but that's a different monster altogether

ISOM

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with this event after the initial shininess wore off? I like most of the skins and the new emotes are cool, but...

-All new skins are legendaries, no epics, and not every character gets one
-New emote for everyone but it'll be locked behind an event once it's over
-Three new maps, but only for 3v3/1v1 so nothing new for the primary mode of the game
-No new highlight intros (unless I missed them)

It just doesn't seem like a proper anniversary event. I'd hoped for more things to get in regular loot boxes, as well as something new for the primary game (like a new full map or mode). The dance emotes being event specific kind of sucks as it's the only real "anniversary" type thing that every character got. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of Blizzard's event system at this point.

Also with this, I guess we've established the calendar of events: Summer Games in August, Halloween in October, Winter/Christmas in December, Lunar New Year in January/February, Overwatch lore in April, Anniversary in May. If their supposed idea of repeating events is true.

Ah well. Hopefully we get a new character or map next month.

I would have loved some non arena maps since I don't play 1v1 or 3v3. It seems like a wasted opportunity. I think 3 new maps in control, 2cp and hybrid would have put this event over the top.

Anne

NGL, despite some of the new skins being super great, I have extreme event fatigue. There just isn't enough time and currency to keep up with event after event after event. It's also kinda lame feeling like every time I log into the game there's some event trying to get my attention.

I agree with other criticisms of the event too, but I can get over most of it. At least they redid the 1v1/3v3 modes to make them way better along with the new maps. I know it takes awhile to make and properly playtest the full competitive maps, so I can be understanding about the lack of them over time. Eichen and Oasis are both great maps now at least.

The one I kinda can't get over is the dance emotes. That should be a permanent thing and everybody knows it. Just make them legendary emotes and be done with it.

blanchot

It's pretty cool I agree, what's kind of sad is that you look at her actual content without the words "sombra" and you see a huge discrepancy in views. She's barely getting ~5k views on her normal content and 20k+ views on anything overwatch related. I think she found that doing these meetups does more for her channel than making original content.

that channel is likely a hobby, you know?

Roubjon

If anyone wants to group up on PS4 feel free to add me. I could use that exp bonus! Heads up though, I don't have a mic.

PSN: Roubjon.

Sorry guys, couldn't play immediately after the match ended :(

I'll be on in an hour.

Nd stop watching the United match and come play overwatch

Mourinho \o/

Gibraltar a Widow destroyed us and never got countered the whole game.

That widow was fucking insane, she had a pocket mercy damage boosting her and she killed me as Winston while I was in the air basically full health! Never seen that happening on console, being owned by a widow as winston doesn't feel good lol

KiraFA37

NGL, despite some of the new skins being super great, I have extreme event fatigue. There just isn't enough time and currency to keep up with event after event after event. It's also kinda lame feeling like every time I log into the game there's some event trying to get my attention.

I agree with other criticisms of the event too, but I can get over most of it. At least they redid the 1v1/3v3 modes to make them way better along with the new maps. I know it takes awhile to make and properly playtest the full competitive maps, so I can be understanding about the lack of them over time. Eichen and Oasis are both great maps now at least.

The one I kinda can't get over is the dance emotes. That should be a permanent thing and everybody knows it. Just make them legendary emotes and be done with it.

...this post kinda summarizes my feelings. Are they going to continue locking up cosmetics behind events? Just feels like a money grab, I have no issues buying lootboxes but for this event there is too much locked away for it being a celebration of Overwatch. That said in 2-3 months they will have a summer games event and how will they handle the cosmetics of the previous event.

...this post kinda summarizes my feelings. Are they going to continue locking up cosmetics behind events? Just feels like a money grab, I have no issues buying lootboxes but for this event there is too much locked away for it being a celebration of Overwatch. That said in 2-3 months they will have a summer games event and how will they handle the cosmetics of the previous event.

I'm really hoping that it's "Here's all the stuff from last time, with a few (emphasis on FEW) new items." That way folks like me that bought 50 boxes are solid, and new players aren't overwhelmed by a ton of items like everyone is with this event.

3v3 or arcade is dead to me.

I kinda want those loot boxes.

Mystery heroes best mode, only lost one yesterday while getting the boxes.

Numbani, our team didn't have healers and I was playing as Winston. The Hanzo on our team put an arrow by their spawn, match starts and I see two bastions and two hogs... that did not end well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had Silver and Gold as Zarya yesterday and got told I was the reason our team lost because I was "a Lucio main" even though my most time and wins are with Zenyatta. I think I'm just not gonna touch support next season unless it's Zen, shit got me so heated cause half the player base can't flex for a goddamn thing they assume the other half doesn't know what they're doing if they do.

LiK

Had Silver and Gold as Zarya yesterday and got told I was the reason our team lost because I was "a Lucio main" even though my most time and wins are with Zenyatta. I think I'm just not gonna touch support next season unless it's Zen, shit got me so heated cause half the player base can't flex for a goddamn thing they assume the other half doesn't know what they're doing if they do.

There's no point in arguing with randoms. Just mute their dumbasses.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Only silver, smh.

Man 3v3 is awful solo queueing. Had about six straight losses, half of which were me being deposited into a game that was already 2-0. Finally got paired with two guys who were on mic and we won 3-0 and then grouped up for a few more 3v3s and it was pretty satisfying to play the mode strategically.

But man with three solos it's just chickens running around with their heads cut off.

Man 3v3 is awful solo queueing. Had about six straight losses, half of which were me being deposited into a game that was already 2-0. Finally got paired with two guys who were on mic and we won 3-0 and then grouped up for a few more 3v3s and it was pretty satisfying to play the mode strategically.

But man with three solos it's just chickens running around with their heads cut off.
I've probably won 90% of my 3v3s playing solo queue I usually just try and pick a character that compliments the other two people also I'm usually grouped with duo's

Gorillaz

There's no point in arguing with randoms. Just mute their dumbasses.

Yea it's pretty bad at times.

The one tha really gets me is "IDK how to play rein". I usually just stare at the screen when I hear that.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Lol, I was the only person to score an elim in the 1st round. :l

Surprised people even checked your profile / complain about people playing "non mains". Have never had someone complain about a character select unless Symmetra or whatever.

wjFwWfy.png

Anne

So they changed the way Rein's abilities work. Was messing with hammer and got wonky shit like this to happen: https://gfycat.com/BaggyRightGalapagosalbatross

Basically, Rein's abilities used to work in a way that they would all visually line up with whatever Rein's client saw. That is no longer true, and all clients see whatever Rein is doign in real time. That means when you use an ability on Rein there are delays now if you have any latency, and visually some things might be a little weird.

good example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEa5kXL4Lyk&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGms-ITGURY&feature=youtu.be

Owzers

Pinku/me/buttchin didn't exactly do better....like 0-7.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
So they changed the way Rein's abilities work. Was messing with hammer and got wonky shit like this to happen: https://gfycat.com/BaggyRightGalapagosalbatross

Basically, Rein's abilities used to work in a way that they would all visually line up with whatever Rein's client saw. That is no longer true, and all clients see whatever Rein is doign in real time. That means when you use an ability on Rein there are delays now if you have any latency, and visually some things might be a little weird.

If you have any latency or do you need it nearing 300 like that video? Though not sure what normal OW player latency is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGms-ITGURY&feature=youtu.be
I dunno, I always felt like Reinhardt's abilities took precedence over absolutely everything else. The number of times I've been pinned out of recall or transloc or dash...

I haven't touched Rein since the patch, but I'm fine with Rein mains being the ones complaining about hit detection and reg for once.

Anne

If you have any latency or do you need it nearing 300 like that video? Though not sure what normal OW player latency is.

Any latency. The 200+ stuff is just the extreme end so it's easy to visualize. If your ping ever gets above 50~ it's very easy to notice something is super off.

I usually hover around 40~ or so and I can feel the differences as well as get the result I got in my gfycat, which was not how it worked previously.

Edit: I'm not sure how I feel about this. Means things like double reg swings and weird pins should be less common or just gone. At the same time, he feels a lot worse to play and that is not a good thing.

Top Bottom