• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

To celebrate my new all time low rating after my placement matches - 1000 points lower than my best - I made myself a new league badge, and it's all mine. You can't have Cardboard League.
w7jnuFC.png

Feel free to make fun of my glorious 628 SR. Though I do blame 6 out of 10 placement games having a leaver.

Wait, I thought Cardboard was 0-499 SR and 500-999 SR was Wood? If you want that Cardboard badge, you need to earn it, son.

Anne

So do you just fly at her and shoot at her or something? anything I do with D.va just doesn't seem to do much.

Some people already said it, but the general idea is DM is insane against her and you can deal enough damage in her face to stop her from dealing damage.

The basic idea is that if a team is running Pharmercy or just Pharah in general, they're relying on that ranged DPS and investing healing into her at least. Since Pharah's rate of fire is low, you can get a lotof value out of just zapping up DM every now and then on her. Can also fly up in her face with DM and deal damage constantly to her. As long as you deny her DPS, that's one or two characters that can invest into a fight. Your Winston/Rein + 2 DPS on the ground should be able to have a huge advantage if Pharah isn't getting enough damage out.

It's really not about killing the Pharah(although it's plenty possible). It's just about denying her airspace and cutting off her DPS.

hypernima

Banned
Some eSports stats:

- Pharmercy saw a sharp decline in TO2, both <5% usage
- Zenyatta is the clear secondary support in TO2, ~70% usage with Ana at ~20%
- Sombra made her biggest debut in the West at TO2, with huge help from Neptuno of Movistar Riders

Neptuno was always a Sombra player before her boom in pro strata no?

X-Frame

Jesus, the part about sensitivity.

Too much work. I'll just stay scrub plat. Really fucking in-depth and detailed guide.

I'm on Console so I spaced out during that mouse part. :)

Definitely makes me want to play more dva, gotta wait for the police skin too :/

I assume I'll need to play her more often now as Zarya seems to be less effective (was/is my main) and D.Va's Defense Matrix proficiency just got even more valuable if the Roadhog nerfs and Reaper buffs come into the live game.

-MD-

I've never rolled people so hard in comp before, did 7 placements and I don't think we even lost a round.

Highlight of the night was some mercy-boosted Soldier getting a kill on my Tracer and telling me "stay in your lane", lmao. People get really upset in this game.

So I just did my placements and noticed something. Both my own SR and all of my friends SR drops to about 100-200 SR less than the previous seasons end amount. This is no matter if someone went 10-0 or 0-10 on the placement matches. Is this just how it goes for everyone? What's the point of placement matches at all?

Mr Git

Just had a comp game where we were 2 - 1 nearly about to win and someone left. 20 minutes in. Lost the fourth match and then got spawn fucked in the final round. Awful. Why would you leave.

Sec0nd

Used to play around top 500 on PS4 last season before I wasn't interested in playing the game for a good while. I fell all the way down to 3000. Placed 3500 this season and now I can't seem to get up a significant amount. I don't really care that much for rank but playing at this level is fucking infuriating. At top 500 people at least know how to properly play the game. This is just insane.

LiK

Used to play around top 500 on PS4 last season before I wasn't interested in playing the game for a good while. I fell all the way down to 3000. Placed 3500 this season and now I can't seem to get up a significant amount. I don't really care that much for rank but playing at this level is fucking infuriating. At top 500 people at least know how to properly play the game. This is just insane.

The SR win streak bonus is way harder to achieve now. Climbing is way harder after the bonus SR is used up after placements.

^ are you on? I don't even see you online.

Not right now.

He goes offline on purpose so that no one invites him into our shitty comp games lol

:p

I usually go offline when I'm not playing for long stretches, do one mh game, other stuff, another one, etc. Not very convenient in a group, and since I only do mh it's probably for the best lol

LMAO, missing out on the Group Bonus XP.

That's true :(

Though I've not been up at the usual hours we play together.

rulerk1

i played a troll Anubis QP game just now. Our comp was Torb, Hanzo, Genji, TRacer, Zarya, and D.va. We went against attack torb and sym pharmercy Zarya Road. We did alright but our D.va switched to junkrat for some reason and we got steamrolled. Second point i switched to Zen didnt heal anyone yet we held up quite nicely and even won the match. I started healing near the end. still had junkrat into Zarya/pharmercy tho

edit:These QP matches are so troll today. All of these attack torb/sym

edit:These QP matches are so troll today. All of these attack torb/sym

Hidden meta. It's all about the mind games.

Surely we won't lose a team fight to this, right? Right?

Then you do, and someone leaves the game. Free win for the other team, with their attack torb spamming "too hot for you".

KiraFA37

Guys we are reaching page 400. Time to start brainstorming on new titles no? I'll start.

Overwatch |OT10| Happy Birthday!
Overwatch |OT10| Now in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

So, before last night I hadn't received any event skins yet.

A week or so ago, Overwatch pissed me off, as Overwatch tends to do. So, I bought the D.Va event skin and uninstalled the game and removed the Blizzard launcher shortcuts from my computer. That way I'd have something from this event when I came back in a few months.

As usual I came back much earlier than my rage-filled brain thinks I'm going to. Reinstalled and did S5 placements etc. Then yesterday, I open a few lootboxes and get my first event legendary.

Of course, it's the D.Va event skin I already have. The next box had the Pharah one, which tampered the frustration a little bit even if I didn't want it.

Don't rage and buy Overwatch skins, kids.

I'm playing a lot of Symmetra this season because fuck it, she was my number 2 hero since the game launched.

Basically just using her to delete supports is pretty fun

Guys we are reaching page 400. Time to start brainstorming on new titles no? I'll start.

Overwatch |OT10| Happy Birthday!
Overwatch |OT10| Now in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Overwatch |OT10| No, I do not want a banana
Overwatch |OT10| Flying to the Moon
Overwatch |OT10| In space, everyone can hear Torbjörn scream

If Hammond is real:
Overwatch |OT10| What are we going to call Winston now?
Overwatch |OT10| The world could always use more Chimpions

And always an option is
Overwatch |OT10| Suck on my Lijiang Tower

Overwatch: I give it a |OT10|

&#128077;

"Fixed a bug that caused players to fall from moving platforms while dancing"

They fixed my reported bug lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6cz0jo/the_most_disappointing_thing_with_the_new_update/

"thanks for actually being on the payload" lol

Guess it's still on ptr? Today had a Tracer on my team trying to dance on top of the payload but kept falling off.

She was trying to keep up with my Zen... I didn't have problems since I can levitate.

_Legacy_

Overwatch |OT10| Where's the Rez?
Overwatch |OT10| Damn, she's to Pharahway
Overwatch |OT10| Heroes Never Die
Overwatch |OT10| 1 Purple, 2 Blues, 1 White... ALL dupes
Overwatch |OT10| Rise of the Apes

Overwatch |OT10|: Meta never dies!
Overwatch |OT10| Paladins clone

All I got, a side note i still need to finish my placements for S5 on PS4 at some point, I'll make sure to holler (i'll probably just do them solo cause you guys aren't on the times i am)

Top Bottom