• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I've played every day since the event started and didn't get a single skin until....just now and it's the only one I needed D.Va who I main.

All is well

She's alright.

Mei is my go to staller, I can easily buy a good 15-20 seconds by myself as long as I'm not getting hacked or ultra focused. Plus tossing out Blizzards on the point is the easiest way to end an overtime.

Reaper is pretty good at stalling as well plus tank busting capabilities (Especially for Winston), and D.va is godlike because of her health pool/matrix.

gotoadgo

The biggest issue with mystery heroes is that every character works on defence theoretically, but not all work on offence. If you're attacking the odds are stacked so far against you that you need the stars to align to win more often than not.

Lemstar

Maybe it's a console thing, but Pharah isn't that scary in Total Mayhem since she can't kill 200hp targets in two rockets. Ult isn't as good as Dragonstrike for the black hole combo, either.

I don't see how you can win consistently on offense assuming your team isn't significantly more competent than the opponents.

I've always wondered if this was possible but I don't play rein a lot so I've not got to test it. I want a vid!

Roadhog can pull it in too, I made this mistake before.

Also Pharah is scary (On console atleast) because of her 400 HP, her damn near infinite jet boosts, and the fact that with all the shit going on not many heroes are gonna be capable of looking up to target her and focus her down (Especially if she is getting healed).

I have had matches where I had no heals at all and still stayed in the air for a minute or two straight spamming rockets at the back of peoples heads. She's REALLY good for focusing healers or people who arent in the clusterfuck, also hunting down Symmetra's Ults

MG310

"Trust me, I'm not going to waste any of your time" -

Attack Bastion who switches to Mercy 90% of the way into the match when we have pushed it nowhere.

"Trust me, I'm not going to waste any of your time" -

Attack Bastion who switches to Mercy 90% of the way into the match when we have pushed it nowhere.

Never trust anyone who has to justify their pick.

Just pick your character, be quiet and prove it. When someone spends all of character selection/pre-match trying to explain why their pick will work, it usually ends up not working and costing us the game.

Nimby

Banned
Why do so many people join team chat, and literally never say a word? I guess it's better than nothing, I'm usually on top of things since I play support.

It's my favorite way to play Overwatch now. None of the hostility or pressure and forces me to play as everyone.
Same. It's not perfect, but it's my favourite way to play Overwatch. I'd like a few tweaks though.
  • Blizzard clearly has some composition-analysis functionality built in the game, because the hero selection screen gives suggestions. Maybe use that tech to influence the randomly picked heroes to some degree, so people don't get boned by getting five supports on Attack.
  • There's tons of heroes in the game, so do some dupe prevention.
  • Letting us pick a character at the start is pointless. I am aware it mainly serves to mask the fact that you might not have a full party yet, but surely there must be a more elegant way to do this.
  • If a team can survive one or two team fights, they'll usually win the entire match. I think this is because ult-charge disappears after someone dies, which puts the losing team on an additional disadvantage. I think either ult charge should not drain, only partially drain after death.
  • Another solution to the previous issue could be to commit a player to their first randomly chosen character. This way the ult charge would stay, and people be forced to play the hand they were dealt, rather than throwing their life away and rerolling for a different character.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Still climbing as Orisa. It's pretty amusing to see the folks in voice chat go from "dude why did you pick Orisa we're gonna lose" to "whoa your robot is decent actually" over the course of each game.

Too much Overwatch lately.

Think I'll make myself finish Persona 5 and not play Overwatch unless there is a good stack going.

Now this is a great decision, you still have so much to play in that game.

Just played a Mystery Heroes game where there was a Bastion and two Mercies who just amped and healed him at all times and nobody could get close enough to the point to kill any of them, and when they did the Mercies just rezzed each other or the Bastion.

Why does ND like this mode again?

Because you get to play attack torb!

Also I'm hitting some sick shots with widow. Getting some ideas for comp ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TM gives you so much goddamn XP per match. Best place to farm lootboxes.

You gain a lot because the games take so much time to finish since it's a stalling nightmare (the exp you gain is mostly time based).

If you take in account the bonus for winning (500xp), consecutive match (300xp) and medals that you win whenever the game ends the other modes can actually offer more xp.

Anyway I don't think it's a significant difference, having fun is by far the most important part.

RIP my group exp bonus, I just can't handle that mode :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think someone tried to do the psn ddos thing in total mayhem. Got an invite from a guy on the other team and our zarya ended up dropping.

why

Hoping that by adding a good DPS to my repertoire I can finally breach that Top 500 this season. So far I've been crushing the ladder with Tracer. Climbed from 3600 to almost 4000 over the last 5 hours. Too tired to keep going tonight but I think I can get it by the end of the week with a little luck.

Just opened 3 boxes in a row. 8 duplicates, one 50 gold and one 150 gold. No skins or emotes.

The amount of duplicates is absolutely disgusting, especially because there is so much more stuff I need than I have.

But I've finally made it to 6000 gold so I can buy the Sym and D.Va skins if needs be.

Kain

Total mayhem is the most fun I've had with this game since forever, I hope it always shows up in arcade from now on. It's crazy when you're 10 minutes in overtime attacking or defending relentlessly.

Miyahon

Total mayhem is the most fun I've had with this game since forever, I hope it always shows up in arcade from now on. It's crazy when you're 10 minutes in overtime attacking or defending relentlessly.

Yes it's my favorite mode out of all of them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Agree, but I still really hate fighting against Zarya & Mei in this mode. They can be nearly unkillable in good hands.

Agree, but I still really hate fighting against Zarya & Mei in this mode. They can be nearly unkillable in good hands.
Zarya shines so brightly in Mayhem. Being at full charge pretty much always makes me long back for the pre-nerf days. I agree though that Zarya, Mei and an Ana can pretty much indefinitely hold down a game. The last Mayhem game I played lasted a little under half an hour, and only ended because people started to leave.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
3 games in a row I've been on a winning side, server starts lagging, shuts down, autorejoins but goes to a new map with the same teams, then a loss.

Great game.

N7.Angel

Hoping that by adding a good DPS to my repertoire I can finally breach that Top 500 this season. So far I've been crushing the ladder with Tracer. Climbed from 3600 to almost 4000 over the last 5 hours. Too tired to keep going tonight but I think I can get it by the end of the week with a little luck.

Nice, was placed mid Gold after a terrible end of season on solo Q and almost got back to diamond in some hours, I'll try to get mid-diamond this season low-master if possible, was 3100 last season.

Sayad

Zarya shines so brightly in Mayhem. Being at full charge pretty much always makes me long back for the pre-nerf days. I agree though that Zarya, Mei and an Ana can pretty much indefinitely hold down a game. The last Mayhem game I played lasted a little under half an hour, and only ended because people started to leave.
Blame your(and the other team's) Anna for not sleep dart trapping someone out of conflict to make things manageable.

Kain

Mei is indeed amazing in mayhem, as is Winston. It shows how a shorter CD on his jump could make the char broken. Also the barrier spam is real, I've finished matches with 30k blocked damage or more.

The MH tryhards are here, like clockwork. Spamming thanks when dying and losing lmao

How embarrassing!

How embarrassing!

How embarrassing!

Too many messages! Please wait a few seconds...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mei is indeed amazing in mayhem, as is Winston. It shows how a shorter CD on his jump could make the char broken. Also the barrier spam is real, I've finished matches with 30k blocked damage or more.

Literally flying as Winston pre-match is hilarious.

AbaFadi

Banned
I'm bored. Anyone want to start a group for comp or whatever on PC? My main is at 3800 and my alt is 2900 or something if we decide to do comp.

I'm down to group up later if you want. I'm currently sitting at 3900 on pc. My battletag is AbaFadi#1549. I can play basically any tank at a high level.

The MH tryhards are here, like clockwork. Spamming thanks when dying and losing lmao

How embarrassing!

How embarrassing!

How embarrassing!

Too many messages! Please wait a few seconds...
Not seeing you online, what account are you on? Gonna blaze through some placements today. 2-0 so far.

Xyt9dXF.jpg

I'm having luck with my placement matches for the first time in forever.
I've won 4 and lost 1 so far, which I blame entirely on the fact that our Soldier made no attempt to shoot the Pharah who was harassing us all match.

HMD

That amazing feeling when the enemy team switches to a Zen/Torb/Bastion/Soldier/Ana/D.va comp to counter your Pharmercy. We lost but I never felt more proud.

Banzai

My bad aim might be partially to blame for this, but I think it's bullshit to expect a Soldier to take care of a Pharmercy by himself. There's a reason why I'm playing in Platinum not Masters, people.

LiK

My bad aim might be partially to blame for this, but I think it's bullshit to expect a Soldier to take care of a Pharmercy by himself. There's a reason why I'm playing in Platinum not Masters, people.

You can have good aim and still have trouble with it. I can take out Pharahs on their own no problem. But a Pharah with damage boost/healing makes it rough for any hitscan player. You either get two-shotted by Pharah or you get Pharah's health low and she gets healed while flying away. Def need a Zen Discord or another good hitscan player to help take them out consistently.

It's not possible. You need a supporting Zen to give you any sort of chance.

Measley

So I'm about to buy a console and this is one of the games I'm buying. Which console would you say has the better community (or is the community cross-platform?)?

HMD

So I'm about to buy a console and this is one of the games I'm buying. Which console would you say has the better community (or is the community cross-platform?)?

PS4 seems to have a bigger userbase. But go with where your friends are, it's not a game you play solo.

LiK

The whole fucking team is needed to deal with Pharmercy.

And they need to realise it's a whole lot easier if you target the Mercy first.

That's the problem. You aim for either one and you get your ass targeted by the Pharah anyway. It's harder to aim for Mercy since she flies around more latching onto Pharah making her quite hard to aim at especially on console. If only it was that easy.

The worst is when I'm aiming at Mercy, she's probably screaming to her team and they end up coming to her aid and focus fire on me through the entire match.

Number 1 is go with your control preference first and friends second. I prefer gamepad so I play on console more.

Top Bottom