• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM Scores [come argue about Halo 2 in here]

Renegade

Banned
Unkasa: You're leery of the Prince of Persia 2 game because of the demo, despite the accolades the demo and the game in general recieved, though you are greatly anticipating Killzone although the demo (UNIVERSALLY PANNED) sucked ass and the game itself has gotten lukewarm responces at every showing.

:hmm

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Vagabond said:
Unkasa: You're leery of the Prince of Persia 2 game because of the demo, despite the accolades the demo and the game in general recieved, though you are greatly anticipating Killzone although the demo (UNIVERSALLY PANNED) sucked ass and the game itself has gotten lukewarm responces at every showing.

:hmm

Yeah, he's an odd one...

Mrbob

Come on Futami, use this for your avatar:

halo_halosucks.gif

It is PERFECT for you!

unkasa said:
Halo... tediously conventional gameplay
God CHRIST!!! How sick am I of Halo haters whose very statements against the game prove that they played it blindfolded, if at all. And, guys, I've only been around here about nine months or so, really, I'm sure it used to be much worse.

What is so conventional about Halo's gameplay? Please tell me, cuz, bless me, me and my 80 Halo friends have just been overlooking it.

What was it? The energy shield never seen before? The very useful melee? Grenades at the ready? A two weapon limit? Weapons that you can't reload? AI that acted like what the enemy was 'sposed to be? Great, dependable physics? Multiplayer that nodded strategy over twitch?

What was so goddamn conventional, that your crew was rollin' they eyes "Oh, not this again!!", before going back to COD, the best of the sixty WWII shooters?

Oooh! Wait! Don't answer yet. I know you want to play the level design. I know you said it. I'm calling you out on the tired ass gameplay that bored your friends to tears.

I got a notepad right here, to record your eloquent response. Not even notepad.exe, either, I got real goddamn paper, right here, because I believe that your views on Halo's cookie-cutter gameplay are that important.

Edge of my seat here, B.

PhatSaqs

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk said:
God CHRIST!!! How sick am I of Halo haters whose very statements against the game prove that they played it blindfolded, if at all. And, guys, I've only been around here about nine months or so, really, I'm sure it used to be much worse.

What is so conventional about Halo's gameplay? Please tell me, cuz, bless me, me and my 80 Halo friends have just been overlooking it.

What was it? The energy shield never seen before? The very useful melee? Grenades at the ready? A two weapon limit? Weapons that you can't reload? AI that acted like what the enemy was 'sposed to be? Great, dependable physics? Multiplayer that nodded strategy over twitch?

What was so goddamn conventional, that your crew was rollin' they eyes "Oh, not this again!!", before going back to COD, the best of the sixty WWII shooters?

Oooh! Wait! Don't answer yet. I know you want to play the level design. I know you said it. I'm calling you out on the tired ass gameplay that bored your friends to tears.

I got a notepad right here, to record your eloquent response. Not even notepad.exe, either, I got real goddamn paper, right here, because I believe that your views on Halo's cookie-cutter gameplay is that important.

Edge of my seat here, B.
:lol

Blame!

why are you guys responding to an idiot who has never played halo on legendary? call of duty? what a fucking joke.

Mrbob

Call of Duty was worth one playthrough. But because of how scripted the game is replayability is low.

Halo AI is what made the replayability of the game so great. Especially in co-op mode.

ArcadeStickMonk said:

I got a notepad right here, to record your eloquent response. Not even notepad.exe, either, I got real goddamn paper, right here, because I believe that your views on Halo's cookie-cutter gameplay are that important.

Edge of my seat here, B.

Mods, Admin - please make this post a sticky. Its than damn good !

ArcadeStickMonk said:

Edge of my seat here, B.
Heh...nice.

Spike

ArcadeStickMonk said:

Edge of my seat here, B.

Classic.

Why doesn't OXM just fucking give a 10 already? Really, if Mortal Kombat is an 8.3 (great game that it is) then Halo 2 should be at least two points above that, giving it a 10.3. I mean c'mon. They should have given Splinter Cell: PT a 10 too as that game had it all. Fuck the haters, I say. Don't even bother having a 1-10 scale when all you do is use 6.0 through 9.7. About 90% of the games that come out get 7's. How's that work? You tellin me that Marvel vs Capcom 2 gets the same grade as Bloodrayne? They're both cool, but they're apples and oranges and one is in a league above the other.

Bah. I guess I don't buy OXM anymore anyway so I shouldn't care. Just lame to see them hold off from giving a 10 to "keep our street cred" when they clearly lost that right from the get-go. Those mags are all for sale, I tell ya.

jedimike

100 point scales suck! Nobody on this fucking planet can tell the difference between a game that got a 97% and one that got a 96%.

A 10 point scale is just fine. Hats off to GMR and XBN for doing the right thing...

boo-urns to IGN, OXM, and Gamespot.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmmm, the OXM review seemingly confirms XBOX Live and System Link CO-OP play...

I wonder if that is legit? The leaked version does not seem to support sys-link CO-OP, according to several people...so you have to wonder what the deal is...

Mrbob

dark10x said:

I wonder if that is legit? The leaked version does not seem to support sys-link CO-OP, according to several people...so you have to wonder what the deal is...

Perhaps the French version doesn't have it in? I dunno....

GhaleonEB

ArcadeStickMonk said:

Edge of my seat here, B.

You are my new Internet hero.

dark10x said:

MS could of made sure that if it was to be pirated that anything thats has to do with network play would be seriously hindered, making it unplayable.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
ArcadeStickMonk said:
*classic rant snipped*
I don't rate Halo that highly, but DAMN that was one for the ages! :lol

Uno Ill Nino said:
Why doesn't OXM just fucking give a 10 already? Really, if Mortal Kombat is an 8.3 (great game that it is) then Halo 2 should be at least two points above that, giving it a 10.3.
Siddown and go take your meds.

"As great as Halo 1 single player was, do you think Halo 2 is a better single player game?"

To which he replied:

"Much better."

link

Credit Phatsaqs on teamxbox

IJoel

WHY THE HELL DO WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHETHER LIVE CO-OP IS IN OR NOT!?

Gee... you'd think that after seeing a review and even the editor answering some questions, we'd have some damn peace of mind on the issue already. :\

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
IJoel said:
WHY THE HELL DO WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHETHER LIVE CO-OP IS IN OR NOT!?

Gee... you'd think that after seeing a review and even the editor answering some questions, we'd have some damn peace of mind on the issue already. :\

i dont get you people... shouldnt that be reason enough to suspect ITS NOT IN THE GAME?

IJoel

op_ivy said:
i dont get you people... shouldnt that be reason enough to suspect ITS NOT IN THE GAME?

Well, yes, I am leaning towards believing this, but considering the damn question has shown up ALL THE TIME and Bungie nor MS nor any decent soul has decided to clear up the issue, one has to wonder about it.

quadriplegicjon said:
if it wasnt for co-op, i wouldnt have finished halo1.

regardless.. im still greatly anticipating this title.
Just curious... because it's too hard for you? or because you don't like to play games alone?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
About co-op online. From my very reliable sources, I know that co-op can be played through network. Not sure about online using conventional means (ie Live)...but since it's playable through network, you can always use Xboxconnect for example.

quadriplegicjon said:
if it wasnt for co-op, i wouldnt have finished halo1.

regardless.. im still greatly anticipating this title.

Yeah same here, but H2's 1P mode looks a lot better. Here's hoping.

OTOH the multi-player mode was fantastic, so much strategy on big levels like BG. I used fuck with people's minds in that level like crazy, so much more fun than the usual run-and-gun multi in most FPS's.

eso76

TekunoRobby said:
Wait wait wait I'm still not clear on this. Is it better than Halo 1's singleplayer campaign?

I'M NOT SURE HERE

Well, ok, that's it, i'm saying it.

It's MUCH, MUCH better.

Teddman

I think Live and Systemlink co-op are in the game, but neither of them is fullscreen. In other words, co-op is a splitscreen mode no matter how you play it.

That would be nice, but still a little disappointing. I was looking forward to playing co-op in fullscreen glory over syslink.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Teddman said:
I think Live and Systemlink co-op are in the game, but neither of them is fullscreen. In other words, co-op is a splitscreen mode no matter how you play it.

That would be nice, but still a little disappointing. I was looking forward to playing co-op in fullscreen glory over syslink.

What? You must be kidding?? Adding syslink and still not going fullscreen? Grah, most stupid thing I've heard today. I hope it's not true. Damn you Bungie. For me, co-op is the most important feature in Halo (and Halo 2). :(

shpankey

not an idiot
Rhindle said:
Err... you think Halo sucks. We get it. You don't need to make 57 posts full of your obtuse syntax to get your point across.

agreed. he should put that shit in one of the 500 other threads where this shit was covered a million times for the last couple of years. i hate it when these jr's come in thinking they have an exclusive opinion and "share it" with everyone and end up derailing the damn thread into a platform for their tripe about why they hate "insert popular game name here" because they want some fucking attention.

Top Bottom