• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I'm very disappointed that they don't have Legacy Kaom's Heart as one of the relics, especially when they have shit like Shavs and Vinktars which are broken as fuck.

Like, you really can't let life builds potentially be a bit op for one league? Cmon now..

Tom Penny

I respect'd ouy of life build to CI on a character for a flame blast build. It did not work out very well. Fail and wasted refund currency :( still playable but thought I'd have way more ES and now I'm Squishier.

Dahbomb

I'm very disappointed that they don't have Legacy Kaom's Heart as one of the relics, especially when they have shit like Shavs and Vinktars which are broken as fuck.

Like, you really can't let life builds potentially be a bit op for one league? Cmon now..
OG Koam's Heart isn't in? That's lame as hell!

Life based builds keep holding that L.

Don't worry necessarily about the endurance charges, if you want drop an "increased duration support" on it, that will get the base duration to like 0.7 seconds, which should be enough to protect you from series of bursts killing you instantly and to give you some time to understand what's happening. You could also CwdT + Frost Wall to keep enemies out or add the curse instead of going with blasphemy for it, leaving you space for another aura. Also, the leveling on CwdT depends on how often you want it to pop and how high a level you need the skills associated with it.
Like if you are using Immortal Call without endurance generation, don't level CwdT or Immortal call as they'll just pop less often for no advantage.

If your clear speed is good enough you should be able to be pretty much perma granited and quicksilvered.

If you want your zombies to just tank, give them life, resistance and drop fortify on them as well. They should become pretty damn beefy.

Just wanted to drop in and say one more thanks for the suggestions you gave me. The improvement has been substantial, from feeling fragile in t1-4 to confidently doing twinned t7 maps (haven't had higher maps drop yet). Especially cast-when-damage-taken + immortal call has made a difference.

Thanks to that combo I think I finally identified what was killing me so often: I was being slow to react to pack of mobs aggroing and they all hit me at the same time. But CwDT+IC helps with that.

Volodja

Just wanted to drop in and say one more thanks for the suggestions you gave me. The improvement has been substantial, from feeling fragile in t1-4 to confidently doing twinned t7 maps (haven't had higher maps drop yet). Especially cast-when-damage-taken + immortal call has made a difference.

Thanks to that combo I think I finally identified what was killing me so often: I was being slow to react to pack of mobs aggroing and they all hit me at the same time. But CwDT+IC helps with that.
Glad I could help.

Now if only I could stop losing HC characters in stupid ways I could feel more confident about my suggestions.

Well after finding skyforths yesterday, got my first reliq key today. Legacy Lightning Coil.

lol. On the downside I haven't found any exalts or divines this league, hit 88 in hc today.

Volodja

I got my first reliq key too. But my character is level 48, gonna be a while before I know what I'll get.

Progress in SSF HC is slow. Or rather, it's shakier. Around this time is where I usually look at my first batch of cheap upgrades from trading to push me to merciless and maybe low level maps.

One showed up on poe.trade. someone posted it on Reddit. It sold for 100c. Could have gotten over 150ex for it.

One showed up on poe.trade. someone posted it on Reddit. It sold for 100c. Could have gotten over 150ex for it.

If we see either one or two more pop up within the next few hours, it might be feasible to say that they actually updated it to drop it.

Either that or it's dumbfuck rare as all hell. I mean there's already like a few mirrors up.

Pretty dumb if they made the drop rate that low. ESPECIALLY with shit like Vinktars and Shavs up and about.

Rufus

I made some bad trade in my time, but nothing on that scale. I wonder what stings more, that or the new players who found and used mirrors before they knew their value.

5.9k life with 7 endurance charges good enough for Uber lab? Only have two trials left to find want to start farming​ it finally. Found my first exalted orb today. Which funded some rare upgrades and 20q gems for my EQ links.

Currently saving back up for 5L hezmenas.

I did Merc lab three times today made about 20c off of it. But I rolled through it with ease.

Yeaah! Got my first ever kill of normal Atziri. I can now easily dodge whatever she throws at me during her normal state, but I still died once per "divide into 4" -phase.

But what really impressed me was that after I died the 4 atziris spammed my minions and..they just refused to die. They do die eventually, but my 23k life zombies had very impressive survivability thanks to high life & "regen x% life per second" -stuff.

To put it in perspective, my chaos golem died more often than my zombies. <3 Mon'tregul's Grasp

5.9k life with 7 endurance charges good enough for Uber lab?

I saw a streamer do uber lab with less, but not sure if that counts since buffs etc vary daily.

Yeaah! Got my first ever kill of normal Atziri. I can now easily dodge whatever she throws at me during her normal state, but I still died once per "divide into 4" -phase.

But what really impressed me was that after I died the 4 atziris spammed my minions and..they just refused to die. They do die eventually, but my 23k life zombies had very impressive survivability thanks to high life & "regen x% life per second" -stuff.

To put it in perspective, my chaos golem died more often than my zombies. <3 Mon'tregul's Grasp

I saw a streamer do uber lab with less, but not sure if that counts since buffs etc vary daily.

Gotcha. I still have three trials to go. I want to start farming Uber lab already. Haha.

Grabbing all of the 20q gems for EQ right now. It's amazing how much dps you gain from buying 20q gems.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
SSD makes a world of difference for this game. Now the game doesnt freeze for half a second to load a new asset.

Load times are stupid fast, too. Game is smooth as fuck now. One of the few games where I can see an SSD directly affecting performance.

42 hours played so far this league. Still need two trials for uber lab. Up to 9 and 10 tier maps. This is insane. I've had burning trial five times now.

SSD makes a world of difference for this game. Now the game doesnt freeze for half a second to load a new asset.

Load times are stupid fast, too. Game is smooth as fuck now. One of the few games where I can see an SSD directly affecting performance.

It really does make a difference in my experience. I got a new 850 Evo a couple months ago and the game has been great for me as far as loading and performance.

Orgun

Fucking Path of Exile man, 'Oh I'll just finish leveling up - done, oh there's a boss, I'll kill that - well now I'm near the next waypoint I'll get that - ooh there's a corruption zone - oh I'll just finish leveling up' Act completed

Got my first ever level 90 char! And my first ever league challenge totem piece too!

Now just to find that one last trial that seems to elude me. Maybe I should use one of those trial-sharing-channel -things.

Fucking Path of Exile man, 'Oh I'll just finish leveling up - done, oh there's a boss, I'll kill that - well now I'm near the next waypoint I'll get that - ooh there's a corruption zone - oh I'll just finish leveling up' Act completed

"One more map" !

Dahbomb

Got my Freeze Pulse Inquisitor up to lvl 90 last night and got my tier 13 farm maps lined up for my real character...

Which was supposed to be Bringer of God (Legacy Bringer of Pain) + Facebreaker + Tukuhama Ancestral Warchief build to do the hard end game content....

But then a friend of mine who is also a POE enthusiast told me about a bug/not bug where Kintsugi's effect does NOT trigger when hitting reflect damage. This changed my idea about the chest completely and now I theory crafted a build to use that chest with. Probably a Raider Cyclone build because seems like everyone is running Raider these days.

Volodja

Item progression in solo self found is quite a long process.

Vaal axes are so hard to find and having Elemental resistances passives close to your normal path seems to be quite a boon as maxing out on merciless can be a struggle.

Gonna take a while to even have a 5-link, let alone a 6-link.

squidyj

can't get good drops for me, finally farmed up enough currency for a 6l but it was all small drops, biggest thing i got was a cadiro deal for a 40% belly for 600~ coins, turned around and sold that for 40c

other than that nothing. long hard slog this league, in prophecy I had ex dropping left and right while I was farming, probably found 6 or 7 before league end :(

can't get good drops for me, finally farmed up enough currency for a 6l but it was all small drops, biggest thing i got was a cadiro deal for a 40% belly for 600~ coins, turned around and sold that for 40c

other than that nothing. long hard slog this league, in prophecy I had ex dropping left and right while I was farming, probably found 6 or 7 before league end :(

I've played around 60 hours this league. I chaos spammed a jewel and sold that for 2ex. Spent about 20c on it. The rest have been generally 1-5 chaos and the occasional 10c+ sale. I've had one Exalted drop and no reliquary keys.

I've made most of my currency selling leaguestones.

Tried the EQ lab farmer. That was a bust. Turns out I hate playing EQ. It's just too slow and boring.

Doing Mathils ST build right now and having a blast. ST is fun to play. Plus the build is super cheap.

That build is surprisingly cheap for how popular it is from being showcased by mathil. Has been around a few leagues though with different variations. Cheap is good these days especially with exalt prices hitting over 80c already. Thinking of taking a break as I don't even want to finish my vaal sparker with the current price trend. Didn't play for a week because my daughter was born so lost tons of valuable time.

The Legacy leaguestone mechanic is really making chaos pointless. They need to allow them to be rerolled with chaos somehow to create a sink else I feel exalts could possibly hit 100+.

That build is surprisingly cheap for how popular it is from being showcased by mathil. Has been around a few leagues though with different variations. Cheap is good these days especially with exalt prices hitting over 80c already. Thinking of taking a break as I don't even want to finish my vaal sparker with the current price trend. Didn't play for a week because my daughter was born so lost tons of valuable time.

The Legacy leaguestone mechanic is really making chaos pointless. They need to allow them to be rerolled with chaos somehow to create a sink else I feel exalts could possibly hit 100+.

HoWA ST and Vaal Spark are incredibly expensive right now. I wanted to play HoWA ST but can't afford it so I went with the mortem morsu build because k wanted to play st. Never have before.

Might finally give the BF meta a go next. Finally try a CI build as well.

Tom Penny

Got my Freeze Pulse Inquisitor up to lvl 90 last night and got my tier 13 farm maps lined up for my real character...

Which was supposed to be Bringer of God (Legacy Bringer of Pain) + Facebreaker + Tukuhama Ancestral Warchief build to do the hard end game content....

But then a friend of mine who is also a POE enthusiast told me about a bug/not bug where Kintsugi's effect does NOT trigger when hitting reflect damage. This changed my idea about the chest completely and now I theory crafted a build to use that chest with. Probably a Raider Cyclone build because seems like everyone is running Raider these days.
I will never get that Shield to Drop :( My war chief build is pretty beast but I need dat 3rd totem.

inky

I will never get that Shield to Drop :( My war chief build is pretty beast but I need dat 3rd totem.

I got a Tukohama last league. Pretty much funded the rest of my builds, lol.

Some days I do wish I'd kept it because it seems like an OP build.

HoWA ST and Vaal Spark are incredibly expensive right now. I wanted to play HoWA ST but can't afford it so I went with the mortem morsu build because k wanted to play st. Never have before.

Might finally give the BF meta a go next. Finally try a CI build as well.

Yeah the mortem morsu one looks relatively cheap. Leveling a slayer right now for a flicker strike or a lacerate build probably not sure what I want to do since prices for items I'd want are 3+ exalts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Honestly seeing the mortem morsu shaper fight vid it is far better at boss killing than HOWA ST ever was. Maybe its clear leaves something to be desired but that boss killing holy shit.

Yeah the mortem morsu one looks relatively cheap. Leveling a slayer right now for a flicker strike or a lacerate build probably not sure what I want to do since prices for items I'd want are 3+ exalts.

It is. The most expensive part for me was buying the 20% quality gems for ST. The rest is incredibly cheap. Getting life is difficult though. I'll have 150-200 chaos gear I have set aside for and I'll be around 4800-5000 life when I get high enough level to use it.

JoeMartin

It was a good day for my RF marauder.

helm.png

gloves.png

boots.png

JoeMartin

Nice build.

With the area changes RF seems to come out well and you don't need to go for Blast Radius anymore. Cool.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Thukker/characters

It's alright, pretty much the only thing I have left to work out is a +1 max res kaom's (8ex), a 3r +1 RofF (best I've seen is 2.5ex but I think I can wait and talk someone down), and master crafting some more sweet shit on my already ridiculously gg helm. I only have about 5ex in liquidity right now so we'll see where I go with it.

So far the build has cost me ~600c, which I've collected almost entirely on this same character as I was more or less broke after hobbling together my CI SRS (which is fun and does absolutely disgusting DPS, but has nowhere near the survivability to do endgame proper, and doing LL SRS is fantastically expensive because fotm).

Wep - 4c
Shield - 20c
Helm - 240c
Boots - 90c
Gloves - 60c
Belt - 15c (like holy shit I was so lucky to see this seconds after it was posted, wasn't even live searching; I'll probably try to sell it off later for a +1 endurance belt though)
L Ring - 4c
R Ring - 10c
Amulet - 20c

The only thing I miss from SRS is that I have to pay attention to map mods now. And even then, really the only one I categorically cannot do is the no regen mod; -10% max res and below is doable, 40% less regen is doable, 60% less regen is dicey but doable so long as I'm careful not to drop endurance charges and I flask early and often. I just have to keep an eye out for those combod with vulnerability. That said, this is the first time I've done a super tanked health character and it's a load of fun. There's very little I cannot take on the chin, pretty much the only pucker moments are really high density esh breaches and uber bosses.

My unflasked incombat defenses (7 endurance charges, recently hit for the 2% from boots, no chaos golem buff tho) here:

inky

That's a very good character Joe. You got a lot better equip than my char in standard, except for the Kaom's I guess. Your helmet is really insane and your ammy is really nice too. I used an Astramentis I had lying around, but heck, yours is pretty close on stats alone, never mind all the other stuff you got. I saw a Marble once very suitable for what I was going for, but it was like 300ex iirc, LOL.

I also see that you go Chaos Golem instead of Stone Golem. That's the benefit of so many endurance charges and Chieftain over Juggernaut. Good stuff.

85:1 for exalts, wew

Only going to get worse when the weekend is here. Going to be putting all my characters on hold until the market crashes. 85+ for exalts isn't good for non hardcore players. That and the fact that no items are dropping in price to reflect the screwed up economy doesn't help either.

JoeMartin

I mean this looks normal enough standard league is 100:1. Exalt price tends not to come down as time goes on because more get consumed as more gg rares enter circulation.

inky

During the last month of the last league (which is about the time I played) prices went from 45 to around 70ex. Seems to be inflating way too fast atm.

Zynx

I don't think ex:chaos will crash. One huge chaos sink (zana mods) is much less of a sink in legacy league that before.

I don't think ex:chaos will crash. One huge chaos sink (zana mods) is much less of a sink in legacy league that before.

There was a huge crash about halfway through breach. Exalts were at 70 then crashed to around 35c about halfway through the league. Then went back to 50-60 for the rest.

Top Bottom