• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Leezard

What's the main stat people use to compare Carcass Jacks? Found one last night with 150% Evasion/Energy Shield and 62 to Max Life. Wondering if I should try to 6 socket/link it myself and sell it lol

I haven't looked at carcass jack much this league, but it's probably Life considering it's a Life meta.

KKRT00

OMG that jewel has a valid use? I thought it was a gag unique or something. Awesome!

Yeah, funny thing is that when i was buying them, sellers were asking me why do i need it even for :p
Its amazing that GGG makes such a unique and stupid looking items fully valid.

Ps. I 5L this armor yesterday with 2 last fusings yesterday :p Never have been so lucky in this game.
Jo5NbSm.png

I'm a new player doing my Bandit Lord Quest, playing a Witch. Probably will end up with some kind of Blight build. Is there any world where I shouldn't be aligning with Alira? (+5 Mana Regenerated Per Second, +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier, +15% to all Elemental Resistences). Kind of a dumb question but this seems permanent so I may as well ask.

The other 2 choices are:

6% increased Attack and Cast Speed
3% chance to Dodge Attacks
6% increased Movement Speed

1% of Life Regenerated Per Second
2% additional Physical Damage Reduction
20% increased Physical Damage

I'm a new player doing my Bandit Lord Quest, playing a Witch. Probably will end up with some kind of Blight build. Is there any world where I shouldn't be aligning with Alira? (+5 Mana Regenerated Per Second, +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier, +15% to all Elemental Resistences). Kind of a dumb question but this seems permanent so I may as well ask.

The other 2 choices are:

BTW you can change rewards later if you have 20 orbs of regret, but that's non-trivial.

Baliis

The other 2 choices are:

FYI there's a fourth choice as well since you don't mention it. If you kill all three bandits, Eramir will give you 2 passive points. That's always a pretty safe bet, and if you decide later once you have some currency that you want to change, it's only 20 orbs of regret.

Dahbomb

The other 2 choices are:

There is another choice and you get two passive points. That's usually the most commonly taken one. Is your character crit based? Then take Alirax otherwise kill them all for two passive points.

BTW you can change rewards later if you have 20 orbs of regret, but that's non-trivial.

That is definitely good to know. Does this include letting you change to the 2 passive point option?

There is another choice and you get two passive points. That's usually the most commonly taken one. Is your character crit based? Then take Alirax otherwise kill them all for two passive points.

To be honest I don't know if what I'm going for is crit based or not. I just know I'll be magic with no melee and most likely an Occultist (mostly AOE, DOT, etc). So the 4th option will have you ending up with 2 more points to allot when capped than someone that doesn't pick it? That is pretty nice. Now I'm more torn, haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Has anyone ever build a pure dodge character? Something that just doesn't get hit like 99% of the time? I remember doing that when I played Ragnarok Online, and I feel like PoE offers that more than any other ARPG given the mechanics.

Dahbomb

Has anyone ever build a pure dodge character? Something that just doesn't get hit like 99% of the time? I remember doing that when I played Ragnarok Online, and I feel like PoE offers that more than any other ARPG given the mechanics.
Yeah I have built that type of character before. Ranger is my favorite class and Raider is my favorite in it so my characters are usually very evasive heavy. Just remember that evasion and dodge are two different things (evasion is a matter of your evasion rating versus their accuracy so it's not just what you see is what you get but dodge is complete dodge and is more powerful). This is two layer defense where it checks for one and if it goes through it checks for the other.

Evasion and dodge is capped though (dodge at 75%) so you will never be completely untouchable. The idea is to use the following uniques alongside the Raider ascendancy (frenzy path and phasing path):

2x Dreamfeathers (these weapons scale off of your evasion)
Atziri Step (15% spell dodge which is very hard to get by, plus ton of flat evasion)
Hyrri's Ire (10% attack and spell dodge, plus ton of flat evasion )

And then you get Phase Acrobatics keystone in the skill tree which gives you like 40%+ attack dodge (combined with the Raider ascendancy nodes) and 30% spell dodge. You can also take the Kaitlyn quest for some more dodge and some of the Pantheon and enchantments also give spell dodge just don't go over 75% as its a waste. It's not even needed to take the Kaitlyn quest, just at the start then respec out.

For your flasks:
Stibnite: Creates a smoke that blinds plus 100% evasion. Blind is an extra layer of evasion and is excellent against bosses.
Jade: Flat evasion
Quartz: 10% dodge on spell and attack which is the final piece of the puzzle in order to get 75% spell and attack dodge capped.

Aura: Grace which gives a ton of flat evasion. And this evasion also feeds your Dreamfeather.

The rest is just getting evasion where you can on your hear like gloves, helm and jewelry but you need to have life and resistances on all these items. You can also use Starkonja unique helm if you want.

You will end up with like 60k-70k evasion rating (or more) and 75/75 attack/spell dodge when you have all of your flasks up. Trash mobs will never hit you and even bosses will have trouble hitting you though if something does go through it will hurt.

This build also makes you freeze/chill, burning and shock immune. Once you get curse, poison and bleed immunity on your utility flasks then no ailments while touch you either.

xuchu

^ Queen of the Forest go zoom zoom :D

Any reason why they took out the +1 power/frenzy/endurance charge from bandit rewards. Honestly, with the way it is 2 passive points at endgame are far better than any of the bandit stuff.

Dahbomb

Queen of the Forest vs Ire

QotF gives you life, resistances and a shit ton of movement speed from evasion. It's a more safe choice but you won't be capped on spell dodge and that is fi be.

Ire gives a ton of flat cold damage and both spell/attack dodge allowing you to get cap. The flat cold damage ends up being a lot of damage for cold based builds like Frostblade (in fact this set up is for a Frostblade character but can work for Ice Shot too). This will have less movement speed and doesn't have life and resistances so it's a call on the player.

For new player I would say QotF as initially you want the life and res plus movement speed for early mapping. Later on when you need more single target then you get Ire.

the rng in this game has gone too far. getting salty with drops and fusing chances. can't bother to grind anymore.

If you try and do things all by yourself you will usually have a bad time. That is my one main drawback in this game as I am not a fan of trading but it is a necessary evil.

Apologies for the re-quote but is Occultist generally crit-based or no? 90% sure I'll be focusing on chaos/curse/AOE/DOT, but I have no idea how important global critical strike rate is to this kind of build.

Apologies for the re-quote but is Occultist generally crit-based or no? 90% sure I'll be focusing on chaos/curse/AOE/DOT, but I have no idea how important global critical strike rate is to this kind of build.

For this league I usually spec into one of the bandits until I can get my gear in check. I took alira on my doomfletch build because of the crit multi and res. Once I get a GG jewel and finish up my rings and gloves I will switch out.

It costs 20 regret orbs to do so but usually by the time I'd switch I'd have more than enough currency.

Also Occultist will usually get spell crit from the witch area and over by the top right corner next to shadow. You also get some crit from ascendancy skills if you are going that route for your setup. Chaos/AOE builds generally don't crit as it is terrible so you would be fine without it.

Dahbomb

Occultist usually doesn't take crit. They take Elemental Overload where they get Elemental bonuses but no crit multiplier. I don't think your build is going to be crit focused but it could be. Usually if people are going for chaos/poison/dot build they pick Assassin, for non crit/curse/chaos they take Occultist.

So I think I will just take the two extra passive points instead for this build.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah I have built that type of character before. Ranger is my favorite class and Raider is my favorite in it so my characters are usually very evasive heavy. Just remember that evasion and dodge are two different things (evasion is a matter of your evasion rating versus their accuracy so it's not just what you see is what you get but dodge is complete dodge and is more powerful). This is two layer defense where it checks for one and if it goes through it checks for the other.

Evasion and dodge is capped though (dodge at 75%) so you will never be completely untouchable. The idea is to use the following uniques alongside the Raider ascendancy (frenzy path and phasing path):

2x Dreamfeathers (these weapons scale off of your evasion)
Atziri Step (15% spell dodge which is very hard to get by, plus ton of flat evasion)
Hyrri's Ire (10% attack and spell dodge, plus ton of flat evasion )

And then you get Phase Acrobatics keystone in the skill tree which gives you like 40%+ attack dodge (combined with the Raider ascendancy nodes) and 30% spell dodge. You can also take the Kaitlyn quest for some more dodge and some of the Pantheon and enchantments also give spell dodge just don't go over 75% as its a waste. It's not even needed to take the Kaitlyn quest, just at the start then respec out.

For your flasks:
Stibnite: Creates a smoke that blinds plus 100% evasion. Blind is an extra layer of evasion and is excellent against bosses.
Jade: Flat evasion
Quartz: 10% dodge on spell and attack which is the final piece of the puzzle in order to get 75% spell and attack dodge capped.

Aura: Grace which gives a ton of flat evasion. And this evasion also feeds your Dreamfeather.

The rest is just getting evasion where you can on your hear like gloves, helm and jewelry but you need to have life and resistances on all these items. You can also use Starkonja unique helm if you want.

You will end up with like 60k-70k evasion rating (or more) and 75/75 attack/spell dodge when you have all of your flasks up. Trash mobs will never hit you and even bosses will have trouble hitting you though if something does go through it will hurt.

This build also makes you freeze/chill, burning and shock immune. Once you get curse, poison and bleed immunity on your utility flasks then no ailments while touch you either.

Cool post - thank you for this!!

Uber lab has a super nice layout today. I'm makin' crazy money

I wish I would have had my new Uber lab farmer up and running for today's layout. I could have done full key runs in about 7 or 8 minutes. My immediate goal is to get that character leveled up and going

Even my slow as fuck RF Jugg was doing full key runs in about 12-15 minutes. It was a pretty good layout.

Dahbomb

Had a godlike ring that I had been using for quite some time.

+ to Physical attack
+ to Cold attacks
Accuracy Rating
Cold Res
Lightning Res

All 5 stats great for my build and good numbers on them. Great target for an Exalt slam. The two worst options were the mana options... everything else would've made it an insane ring (with % weapon elemental damage being the best possible roll).

I get + to maximum mana...

The salt is real man. Thankfully the Exalt was a drop I got instead of paying out of pocket for it. Still feels bad man. The chances were very good that I landed on something useful.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good lvl to try the 2nd labyrinth? Just unlocked act 8 last night at lvl 61. And have they fixed the disconnects with it yet? Got through the 1st one ok.

Airbar

Neo Member
Woof, after losing 2 characters to Dominus before, I managed to take him out. "Shortly" after that Act 4 was done aswell. Am level 46 now, finished first lab and picked trickster. Really liking my dodgy, evasive, DoT build. Though I've noticed that in Act 5 the mobs hit way harder than before? They die really fast as well (1 to 2 seconds for a strongbox) but if they hit oooh boy.

I wish I would have had my new Uber lab farmer up and running for today's layout. I could have done full key runs in about 7 or 8 minutes. My immediate goal is to get that character leveled up and going

Even my slow as fuck RF Jugg was doing full key runs in about 12-15 minutes. It was a pretty good layout.

What kind of farmer are you making?

KKRT00

Woof, after losing 2 characters to Dominus before, I managed to take him out. "Shortly" after that Act 4 was done aswell. Am level 46 now, finished first lab and picked trickster. Really liking my dodgy, evasive, DoT build. Though I've noticed that in Act 5 the mobs hit way harder than before? They die really fast as well (1 to 2 seconds for a strongbox) but if they hit oooh boy.

Are you playing on Hardcore?

Had a godlike ring that I had been using for quite some time.

+ to Physical attack
+ to Cold attacks
Accuracy Rating
Cold Res
Lightning Res

All 5 stats great for my build and good numbers on them. Great target for an Exalt slam. The two worst options were the mana options... everything else would've made it an insane ring (with % weapon elemental damage being the best possible roll).

I get + to maximum mana...

The salt is real man. Thankfully the Exalt was a drop I got instead of paying out of pocket for it. Still feels bad man. The chances were very good that I landed on something useful.

That's not too bad actually. Would be good for a MoM build. But if you had gotten WED, life, or crit multi. Would have been GG.

I love how cheap exalts are now. I love slamming jewels huge currency generator if you get something good. During legacy I never used them because they were too damn expensive.

rickyson1

the more I play this game the more I wonder how anyone can possibly enjoy playing hardcore

it's so easy to randomly die out of nowhere,like earlier I was doing a tier 7 map on a character that comfortably does much higher than that and all of a sudden out of nowhere I literally get one-shot by a single blue monster

Dahbomb

the more I play this game the more I wonder how anyone can possibly enjoy playing hardcore

it's so easy to randomly die out of nowhere,like earlier I was doing a tier 7 map on a character that comfortably does much higher than that and all of a sudden out of nowhere I literally get one-shot by a single blue monster
You play like a bitch most of the time is how and you don't tackle counter unless you are heavily out leveled/out geared for the content.

And you generally pick a tanky class/build as well prioritizing defense over offense.

I think this time around I can actually play this game on hardcore if it weren't for random server hiccups or lag. One of the things I used to die the most to volatile blood as I usually played melee characters. This league I haven't died to it once, it's very easy to react to. But I really don't want to go through the whole process of getting my Atlas, merchants, Uber trials again... that shit is wack.

Pathfinder Crit based Blade vortex with queen of the forest. Following a guide on the forums. 500% movespeed and 75% chance to evade is easily attainable.

Ah yeah I have seen a few variations of the QOTF crit BV going around. I might try it out as even though I like my RF serker for face tanking izaro the move speed relying on SC kind of sucks.

Rufus

But I really don't want to go through the whole process of getting my Atlas, merchants, Uber trials again... that shit is wack.
If you're anything like me you'll just die before then. Cough.

You do need to have some kind of damage to enjoy hardcore...

Dahbomb

I have played Hardcore before, I have gotten into late 80s levels. I usually died when I start mapping into red maps and get hit by a one shot volatile blood.

Same exact way I have died 3 times.

Ah yeah I have seen a few variations of the QOTF crit BV going around. I might try it out as even though I like my RF serker for face tanking izaro the move speed relying on SC kind of sucks.

That's what made me make another. I can't stand getting stuck on bullshit things with my shield charge. That and it'll cut my lab times in half.

After I get new lab farmer up and running I'm going to switch my RF back to Zerker and turn it into a just a mapping character. Might even buy a biscos and see if I can fit it in.

No kidding. Even on my RF character that has almost 10k life I'll still get almost bursted down near instantly by something completely random. It's not for me. I enjoy SC. HC just seems like unneeded frustration.

If they were to get rid of the random one shots and reflect I might give HC a go.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just got the 4th Act. I'm level 36 and looking at my gear. Still using a shield with ilvl 3. Should I bother trading for something better or keep going?

Just got the 4th Act. I'm level 36 and looking at my gear. Still using a shield with ilvl 3. Should I bother trading for something better or keep going?
If you're clearing the content fast without dying often, keep going. But you can probably get really good replacement gear (especially a weapon if you're a melee build) for a few alchs.

Try to cap your resistances at the start of act 6.

Volodja

For me it's just a matter of not getting any fun out of Softcore in games like these, I just get bored and end up not paying attention to anything.
The price I pay is that if I'm not on top with my reaction to random spikes, I'm dead and that happens quite a bit, but you just accept it as a part of the game.

Yep. It's why I have no desire to get a character past level 88-89. The EXP requirements get too high to really consider improving a character further at that point and I feel like I'm done with a character by then.

Yep. It's why I have no desire to get a character past level 88-89. The EXP requirements get too high to really consider improving a character further at that point and I feel like I'm done with a character by then.

You just haven't found a build you love playing yet. Last league I took a HoWA spectral throw character to 97 before I got bored with. Did shaper and guardians for the first time ever on it.

This league it looks like it'll be Doomfletch Prism TS/Barrage character. It's at 85. But needs probably another 1500-2000c put into before I want to make the push to potentially 100.

I like making skill trees and trying out new characters more than just having one overpowered character, so usually a character approaching level 90 is when I feel like they're not going to improve much except having even better gear, and I might drop a character after acts if I feel it is a failed experiment or if I just don't enjoy the main skill.

Yay, neat jewel for my Lv50 Ranger if I go Rain of Arrows with her.
JKJxWpR.png

I feel like my base ES is woefully low for Act 8. I only have like 350, so a +8% node gives me 28. I've got 1.6k after all the passives.

How does trading work nowadays? I only traded in PoE's early life (back in beta). It was pretty much just camping the trade chat. I really want Desecrate and Discipline.

Airbar

Neo Member
JKJxWpR.png

I feel like my base ES is woefully low for Act 8. I only have like 350, so a +8% node gives me 28. I've got 1.6k after all the passives.

How does trading work nowadays? I only traded in PoE's early life (back in beta). It was pretty much just camping the trade chat. I really want Desecrate and Discipline.

Basically just use poe.trade to search fo you desired item and then whisper the sellers ingame. Just beware of scammers.

JKJxWpR.png

PoE.trade. Have to have public stash tabs for it though.

I use trade macro to help price items. You can press Ctrl+alt+d and it'll allow you to search by base and by each individual affix, too.

That would be really good for a bladefall build. If it has two suffix and one prefix it would be worth slamming for max life. If you do and get it. It's worth a lot of currency. Like 200c+ good.

Tom Penny

Took me like hundreds of fusing to get a five link on the Nagamu Axe of whatever just to try the cyclone build. Thought I'd be stronger but I'm lacking HP right now. Only level 75 but don't see how I am going to get a huge life pool without a belly.

Top Bottom