• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I hit 24 challenges and am probably done with this league.

Anyone want my cash monies before i reconsider (softcore btw)

pFElolX.png

e. goneski

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone explain why the Mirror is so valuable? I understand it makes a copy of an item, but what I don't understand is why people will trade you a full setup of endgame gear for one.

Leezard

Can someone explain why the Mirror is so valuable? I understand it makes a copy of an item, but what I don't understand is why people will trade you a full setup of endgame gear for one.

There exists perfect endgame gear (mostly in Standard) that is insanely good. People have crafted these gears and offer mirror services, so you can get a mirrored copy of the item by mirror + an extra fee to get it mirrored.

For example, look here for some old mirror-worthy gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/515441

As for why that's valuable, consider the difficulty of getting a perfect item, and that the last few percents are the most expensive. Getting an item that's 10% off perfect is much much less expensive than the perfect item. Getting an item that's 30% off perfect and it's not at all difficult to buy.

So they can item dupe perfect items like 1000 health kaoms for example

Perfect in this context is an item with the max roll of highly desirable mods

You can create copies of items. Think of the most expensive item on poe.trade you can imagine. Owner of that can make a copy of it. And now he can sell 2 of that item!

rickyson1

because 1: it can copy anything including stuff like rares with pretty much perfect rolls that are way more valuable than any unique and 2: it is INSANELY rare(something like 1000x rarer than an Exalted Orb drop which i've had 7 of in like 200 hours)

speaking of Exalted what do you guys think the realistic floor for them is? they keep dropping a Chaos a day or so

rickyson1

Well, I sure was scammed. Didn't know
Act 10 has a gem vendor
(gameplay spoiler?). Paid a chaos for a Haste last night, lol.

well to be fair only certain classes can buy some of the gems from them

for Haste for example if you're a Marauder,a Templar,or a Witch you can't buy it from the vendor and need to either get it as a drop,buy it from another player,or transfer it over from another character of yours

then there's stuff like drop only gems(only a handful of them) and gem quality

for Haste for example if you're a Marauder,a Templar,or a Witch you can't buy it from the vendor and need to either get it as a drop,buy it from another player,or transfer it over from another character of yours

then there's stuff like drop only gems(only a handful of them) and gem quality

What you are thinking of is the "accessory vendor" in each town.

A3 library has a lovely NPC that sells ALL gems. As long as you've completed proper quests to unlock them.

A6 sells all gems too, but you need to complete an optional quest to unlock her. I think A6 gems are always lvl 1 while A3 are not.

You have to unlock Act 3 and 6 vendors so I don't blame you for not knowing. I'd say losing a chaos is easy to recover from, although most +quality gems sell for a chaos (sometimes more if it is a meta gem).

I believe mirrors are also the single most rare item drop in the game that isn't a rare item with the most ideal mods and t1 rolls, in addition to what they're used for.

The Act 3 vendor they're talking about is the one in the Library, that sells gems up to Act 3 regardless of your character, and then the Act 6 & 10 gem vendors will sell any gem except ones that are drop only.

A6 sells all gems too, but you need to complete an optional quest to unlock her. I think A6 gems are always lvl 1 while A3 are not.
I remember checking to confirm awhile back, A3 gems in Library are always level 1 now.

rickyson1

What you are thinking of is the "accessory vendor" in each town.

A3 library has a lovely NPC that sells ALL gems. As long as you've completed proper quests to unlock them.

huh that's strange that that isn't in the wiki,just checked with a couple gems I was unable to buy earlier and saw them on there good to know

Paid a visit to A6 and she was there. Could've sworn I never saw her my entire time in A6.

Anyway, super happy because I got all the gems I want that I could think of. I felt a huge jump in power with my necro.

Purity of Elements + Discipline were auras I really wanted. Threw in Lv1 Clarity because why not. I finally have Desecrate so I no longer have to pray my 9 zombies last long enough against bosses.

Paid a visit to A6 and she was there. Could've sworn I never saw her my entire time in A6.
It's because Lily moves to a new position in town as the act progresses and it's easy to not notice her original location until then. She starts out at her ship, and acts as the gem vendor once you complete her side quest. I don't know the exact time this happens, but she'll move to a new spot once
it's clear to the characters that Nessa is unlikely to return to town.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Labyrinthe is actually pretty straight forward.

You have a map that shows you where you are and where you can go (those are the basin looking objects you can click on). You want to be moving towards the right and fight Izaro a total of three times.

Whenever you enter a new zone, check the map to see if it's a dead end or not. Sometimes you might need a golden key to get through which is in a different zone (that zone will be marked with a golden key). You should ignore the Silver Key/Door areas completely (for now that is), just go through areas that progress the Labyrinthe.

Any area that has the name "Annex" or "Enclosure" is usually a dead end.

Is there value in exploring the entirety of the Lab? There were locked regions with chests and stuff that I couldn't access, but I didn't bother hunting for stuff because I wasn't sure what was going on.

And as for the mirror comments - thanks. It sounds like the value is related to the fact that high tier perfect rares are crazy hard to craft, so the mirror is inherently as valuable as the rarest of rares due to its ability to copy and circumvent ALL the RNG.

Dahbomb

The side areas are better later on when you are farming the lab (ie. running it with a dedicated lab farming build) in the end game.

The side areas are better later on when you are farming the lab (ie. running it with a dedicated lab farming build) in the end game.

I've found it's only worth going to side area for Argus and treasure keys. Otherwise it's more efficient to just skip side areas. I'll grab silver keys and silver chests if they're along the main path but that's it.

The more runs you do the more you make.

KKRT00

Got super lucky and my first running with a friend a little ago.

This made my switch from the other arpg so worth it. The rng gesus this league is amazing.

Anyone got any suggestions on a elemental build I can invest in?

Also thanks for that tip Dahbomb nice to know I can scroll mega quick through my stuff with arrows.

Are you playing this game for a first time? If yes your luck is godlike!

I personally never found one and i played game for about 900h :p

rickyson1

know you're running out of things to do with currency when you spend 237c on a 100 quantity biscos when you already had an 89 one and it feels like a good idea

can sell the other one and get like half of that back but still

rickyson1

out of curiosity is there drop scaling for parties or something?

i've seen 3 exalted orb drops(1 for me 2 for others) in parties now and haven't even done anything other than master rotations

Wallach

So.... What's going on in the GIF?

Ancient Orbs basically take any unique item, and randomly turns it into a different unique item in that slot.

If you watch carefully, you can see that he accidentally uses two in a row quickly, and passes over a belt that looks like it is made of skulls. That is called the Headhunter, and it is pretty much the rarest equippable item in the game, worth about ~150 Exalted Orbs, or ~4,500 Chaos Orbs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's gambling with Ancient Orbs, which rerolls a unique into another unique within the item class (so belts into other belts). He overwrites a Headhunter, which is one of the most valuable items in the game.

Dahbomb

Non crafted, non corrupted... Headhunter is the most expensive and sought after unique in the game. You can't get it as a normal drop IIRC unless you are in a Nemesis/Rogue mod map. You can also get it through the Nemesis item divination card (I think it's Valkyrie).

Baliis

Non crafted, non corrupted... Headhunter is the most expensive and sought after unique in the game. You can't get it as a normal drop IIRC unless you are in a Nemesis/Rogue mod map. You can also get it through the Nemesis item divination card (I think it's Valkyrie).

There's the Doctor div card as well.

rickyson1

got a good feel for the high end biscos market at the moment i guess,my initial guess of 150 when I saw the drop earlier ended up being dead on in the end

Cerity

started a LA character and now I'm starting to remember why I was so put off by evasion builds. Wonder how HC players manage it.

Xyber

I tried out a charged dash build but that skill wasn't really for me. Moved over to cyclone instead, which works just as well if not even better with the same passives. Much better damage and less annoying to use. Finished up act 10 last night and apart from being a bit squishy due to pretty mediocre gear the last boss went down pretty fast with only 2 deaths.

Rufus

started a LA character and now I'm starting to remember why I was so put off by evasion builds. Wonder how HC players manage it.
ES is even worse, in my (clumsy) experince, entirely due to stun.

If you want to stay pure Evasion (for whatever reason), get dodge and maybe even spell dodge. And don't ever eat a hit unless you're sure it's not going to kill you. Given that you're ranged, manually dodge absolutely everything, that synergizes well with evasion. But you're still gonna get chuncked occasionally due to PoE being PoE, so pre-pot pre-pot pre-pot and don't ever fuck it up...

Ultratech

Finally made it to Act 5. That Act 4 Boss was a major pain the ass...
kept dying due to Bleed damage I guess?
Anywho, finally got some decent gear with some nice slots/links, so it's pretty good right now.

Should be a bit more fun when I can sustain RF for a longer period of time without having to use Pots every 10 sec (though it burns through mobs quick at least).
Scorching Ray still melts most things though, so I'm good for now.

Other than that stuff, I'm kinda enjoying the game so far. The synergy with Gems is pretty nuts.

And it's funny reading about the Mirror stuff since I ran into a Lockbox the other night that had Mirrored items come out of it, which I had to look up what that was all about.

Some new players tips:

Thanks for this!
The advice for the Item Filter was very useful since now I don't have to waste a lot of time sorting through near as much junk looking for good/useful items.

Xyber

Thanks for this!
The advice for the Item Filter was very useful since now I don't have to waste a lot of time sorting through near as much junk looking for good/useful items.

I feel bad for the people who get to late game and don't know about loot filters. It's crazy how much loot actually drops and it would be so annoying going through it all manually.

rickyson1

finally got zana 8,that was quite a grind even buying zanas from people,would probably do triple reputation prophecies the whole way if I had to do it over even though it's like 300c extra cost from 7-8

Top Bottom