• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

syko de4d

yeahe most people dont use steam client.
When PoE reached its new peak of 146k some months ago it was just around 20k-25k on steam.

And next expansion should bring a more active guild. This league didnt added much beside pvp stuff, perfect for a break before the biggest expansion ever since release comes in some months :)

V_Arnold

yeahe most people dont use steam client.
When PoE reached its new peak of 146k some months ago it was just around 20k-25k on steam.

And next expansion should bring a more active guild. This league didnt added much beside pvp stuff, perfect for a break before the biggest expansion ever since release comes in some months :)

Until desynch disappears, nothing will have that OOMPH impact again as Scion's introduction and ACT3 first did.

Rufus

I don't think that's what's keeping people from even taking a look though. You'd have to tried the game to experience it.

I'd love to know how many people have installed but then not played a significant amount, like not even killed Merveil on normal or something.

I'd play on Steam if I could, but nooope I got blocked because of Garena.

Well at least they don't try (hard) to force us to play on Garena. The last scummy thing they did was to remove Singapore from the server list but at least we can still type it manually.

Deadly

I don't think that's what's keeping people from even taking a look though. You'd have to tried the game to experience it.

I'd love to know how many people have installed but then not played a significant amount, like not even killed Merveil on normal or something.
I played when they released the scion and got to like ~lvl55. I wish I was playing again but I'm so picky when it comes to choosing a build and the lack of having friends who play isn't really encouraging.

Zynx

Please add my alt account to the gaf guild: NoirRaze

Anyways, I just discovered today that the Abyssus was stealth-nerfed, to my chagrin. It used to say "with melee weapons", but now is "melee" only. And I was thinking of using it to make a physical crit spectral throw build that would do nice dps without having to attempt the really expensive low-life.

KKRT00

Please add my alt account to the gaf guild: NoirRaze

Anyways, I just discovered today that the Abyssus was stealth-nerfed, to my chagrin. It used to say "with melee weapons", but now is "melee" only. And I was thinking of using it to make a physical crit spectral throw build that would do nice dps without having to attempt the really expensive low-life.

I'll add You today.

badb0y

Probably? How far did you get last time and what skill did you use?

I was using the ranged character with fire arrows or some such. I actually got pretty far into the game (Act 3 I think) but decided that the Archer wasn't for me. After that I never replayed it because the early game was kind of boring and clunky.

Rufus

That's a common complaint. Maybe try a spell caster. Spells don't miss, so it should feel a lot better to play off the bat. Shadow, Witch and Templar all make great spell casters. Freezing Pulse, Arc, Ball Lightning and Incinerate are all easy to use, build and gear for.

KKRT00

I also recommend fast swords, especially foils. They change early game quite significantly.

And early game is not boring :) If it was, there wouldnt be so many people doing races.

V_Arnold

I also recommend fast swords, especially foils. They change early game quite significantly.

And early game is not boring :) If it was, there wouldnt be so many people doing races.

You got it backwards. It *IS* boring unless you place weird restrictions on it, like races. Time-restrictions can bring out the competitiveness, but that is a metagame on its own. Unless you are already into POE heavily, earlygame will suck.

Edit: or when you equip a few uniques ;) But that is not the starter player's experience.

Hello I'm new and I'm coming from Diablo 3, you probably can imagine my face after I saw the skill tree :)

Since I almost always play melee classes I chose marauder for start. Do you guys have some quick tips (or a link with quick tips for beginners) I should follow or should I play and skill like I want

Hello I'm new and I'm coming from Diablo 3, you probably can imagine my face after I saw the skill tree :)

Since I almost always play melee classes I chose marauder for start. Do you guys have some quick tips (or a link with quick tips for beginners) I should follow or should I play and skill like I want

I'm not the best at tips, but common mistakes people make are:
- not taking enough passives (which hit hard near the end of Cruel)
- not using the vendor recipes (especially for +% physical damage, which your char would use)
- Spending orbs too early. They're useful, but in the first fifty levels, loot changes out too fast to invest in anything

Otherwise, just have fun. No way your first character will be built right, no matter what we tell you. The PoE forums have tons of builds people post and discuss about. A great starting point for your second character, but pure gibberish reading until you're comfortable with the game

I'm not the best at tips, but common mistakes people make are:
- not taking enough passives (which hit hard near the end of Cruel)
- not using the vendor recipes (especially for +% physical damage, which your char would use)
- Spending orbs too early. They're useful, but in the first fifty levels, loot changes out too fast to invest in anything

Otherwise, just have fun. No way your first character will be built right, no matter what we tell you. The PoE forums have tons of builds people post and discuss about. A great starting point for your second character, but pure gibberish reading until you're comfortable with the game

thanks for the info, i will safe my orbs then.
just a quick question: what do you mean with "not taking enough passives" i can only take one a level anyways.

just reached act 2, i really like this game so far and it has lots of nice new things and ideas like the flasks and orbs for almost anything. The only problem so far is the lag I am experiencing and my char seems to miss almost every second hit.

just a quick question: what do you mean with "not taking enough passives" i can only take one a level anyways.

Oh, I left out the word "defensive"

Like Diablo, there are three difficulties. Cruel is the middle one. It's going to be really easy (except for boss fights) once you get the hang of it in Normal. You're gonna want to do so many things in the passive tree. Before you know it (usually Act 3), things will start seeming real hard. It's usually because you didn't get the +Life nodes. They tried real hard with a recent rebalance to make them non-mandatory, but when has life been non-mandatory?

ok, then I'm going to spend some points on life/defense ones.

Another question: should I concentrate my sp on either 2h or 1h from the beginning so I don't waste a single point (same for weapon)? xD

ok, then I'm going to spend some points on life/defense ones.

Another question: should I concentrate my sp on either 2h or 1h from the beginning so I don't waste a single point (same for weapon)? xD

Unless you have a plan, no. Leave yourself the freedom to use whatever you want. Specific builds use specific weapon types, but you're not doing that, so you're fine generalizing

Zynx

Nice to see a new player joining the game. Two questions for you that could help me give you more detailed answers:
#1: How much time are you considering sinking into the game, and what do you want to get out of it? If you just want to spend a shorter amount of time, playing through the game once or twice, it's valuable to follow a guide, since the game is so complex. However, if you enjoy what you've played so far and are willing to invest more into it, the path to understanding the game's mechanics and creating your own builds is its own reward.
#2: How much effort do you want to put in trading items and currencies with other players? Path of Exile has no auction house or anything of that sort, so trading takes effort and is a game in itself, in some ways. But the variety of possible items is huge, and different builds require different items, so being willing and capable of trading can get you the gear you need.

A short primer on orbs:
Common: Wisdom, Portal, Transmutation, Augmentation, Alteration, Jeweller, Chromatic, Armourer's, Blacksmith's, Chance
These you can use without really missing them - but the impact of using them usually isn't that dramatic.

Uncommon: Alchemy, Fusing, Chaos, Blessed, Regal, Scouring, Regret, Gemcutter's, Cartographer's, Vaal
These are useful as trading currencies, especially for a starting player. The gear you can get by using them to purchase gear from others is usually far better than the gear you can roll by using them. The most common barter currency is the Chaos Orb.

Rare: Divine, Exalted, Eternal (Super Duper Rare: Mirror of Kalandra)
Don't use these until you really know what you're doing. Double check their value with someone competent and trustworthy before trading them for something else.

my char seems to miss almost every second hit.
Is your attack animation hitting a target, but not doing damage, or are you attacking and not actually connecting with a target?

If it's the former, you might need more accuracy. More Dexterity gives you a little bit of accuracy, but there's also % accuracy passive nodes, and +accuracy can roll on helmets, rings, gloves, and amulets.

Unless you have a plan, no. Leave yourself the freedom to use whatever you want. Specific builds use specific weapon types, but you're not doing that, so you're fine generalizing

I kind of disagree, to be honest. Some of the more specific nodes, like 1h, or 2h, or even the weapon-specific nodes are stronger than the generic nodes, and skipping them hurts. Taking them might push you towards using a certain class of weapon, but with a little effort you can find upgrades by trading or using vendor recipes.

Like others have said in the thread, everyone's first character hits a wall at one point, so you might as well try to focus on something with your first character. If and when you start another character, you go forwards with the knowledge, items, and currencies gained during the first character's play.

Also, I suggest finding a guild to join, primarily for two major benefits. The first of these benefits is having others to talk with about the game while playing. The other major benefit is access to a guild stash, where other guild members leave gear they don't need for others to use. Having access to such gear can help accelerate your progress through the game. Not all guilds have the same amount of active players, or a comparable stash of gear, naturally.

#1: How much time are you considering sinking into the game, and what do you want to get out of it? If you just want to spend a shorter amount of time, playing through the game once or twice, it's valuable to follow a guide, since the game is so complex. However, if you enjoy what you've played so far and are willing to invest more into it, the path to understanding the game's mechanics and creating your own builds is its own reward.

I don't know, since i haven't even finished the game once yet.
There is lots i don't understand atm, so i guess i will have an answer to that question after i finished the game at least once on each difficulty (if that is even possible on the first try:)

#2: How much effort do you want to put in trading items and currencies with other players? Path of Exile has no auction house or anything of that sort, so trading takes effort and is a game in itself, in some ways. But the variety of possible items is huge, and different builds require different items, so being willing and capable of trading can get you the gear you need.

A short primer on orbs:
Common: Wisdom, Portal, Transmutation, Augmentation, Alteration, Jeweller, Chromatic, Armourer's, Blacksmith's, Chance
These you can use without really missing them - but the impact of using them usually isn't that dramatic.
Uncommon: Alchemy, Fusing, Chaos, Blessed, Regal, Scouring, Regret, Gemcutter's, Cartographer's, Vaal
These are useful as trading currencies, especially for a starting player. The gear you can get by using them to purchase gear from others is usually far better than the gear you can roll by using them. The most common barter currency is the Chaos Orb.

Thanks for that info. I haven't thrown away anything stackable yet.

Rare: Divine, Exalted, Eternal (Super Duper Rare: Mirror of Kalandra)
Don't use these until you really know what you're doing. Double check their value with someone competent and trustworthy before trading them for something else.
Do these also drop on low levels and on normal? When i find one of these i will come back to you :)

Is your attack animation hitting a target, but not doing damage, or are you attacking and not actually connecting with a target?
If it's the former, you might need more accuracy. More Dexterity gives you a little bit of accuracy, but there's also % accuracy passive nodes, and +accuracy can roll on helmets, rings, gloves, and amulets.
Its the former. So far i haven't got any luck with drops. Sometimes its the horrible lag. Lags and misses add up to this rather negative perception. -_-

I kind of disagree, to be honest. Some of the more specific nodes, like 1h, or 2h, or even the weapon-specific nodes are stronger than the generic nodes, and skipping them hurts. Taking them might push you towards using a certain class of weapon, but with a little effort you can find upgrades by trading or using vendor recipes.

Like others have said in the thread, everyone's first character hits a wall at one point, so you might as well try to focus on something with your first character. If and when you start another character, you go forwards with the knowledge, items, and currencies gained during the first character's play.

hehe, now I'm kind of confused. So I'm going to concentrate on a marauder for the start: just a one more question (let me leech from your experience :)
Is a good dd Marauder feasible with 1h/shield if i don't want to do tanking? or should i skip these nodes then and go full 2h. (generally speaking, because i did not have the time yet to study all of these nodes lol)

Also, I suggest finding a guild to join, primarily for two major benefits. The first of these benefits is having others to talk with about the game while playing. The other major benefit is access to a guild stash, where other guild members leave gear they don't need for others to use. Having access to such gear can help accelerate your progress through the game. Not all guilds have the same amount of active players, or a comparable stash of gear, naturally.
ill try to find one :)

hehe, now I'm kind of confused. So I'm going to concentrate on a marauder for the start: just a one more question (let me leech from your experience :)
Is a good dd Marauder feasible with 1h/shield if i don't want to do tanking? or should i skip these nodes then and go full 2h. (generally speaking, because i did not have the time yet to study all of these nodes lol)

The reason why Zynx disagrees on this is more on an efficiency vs. overwhelment/flexibility standpoint. I told you that ignoring 1H/2H nodes is okay because you don't want to be stuck doing 1H/2H if you later find out it's not your thing. A lot of this might come from other ARPG knowledge, but each weapon type has benefits/weaknesses, so until you get a feel with what you're comfortable with, it's much better not pigeon-holing yourself.

Zynx is absolutely correct. Most xH nodes are a lot more efficient than the generic +% physical damage ones. But as I said earlier, I'm assuming you're definitely going to goof up your first character. =) Get your feet wet, understand the combat mechanics, the trade system, the passive tree, etc.

p.s., the only difference between the seven classes is their starting stats, their look, and their starting location in the tree. You can make a casting marauder, a tanky witch, etc.

Zynx

My suggestion would be this: Have you found a skill that you really like to use, or are you still experimenting? As you might have noticed, in Path of Exile skills aren't features of a class, but come in the form of socketed gems anyone can use, as long as the character meets minimum stat/level requirements. If you already have found a skill you like, then I would suggest that you pick a weapon class that works with it, and focus on that weapon with your passive choices, like my earlier suggestion. If you still haven't decided on a skill to focus on, then perhaps stick with more open ended passives, like Gaming Truth has suggested.
Do these also drop on low levels and on normal? When i find one of these i will come back to you :)
Supposedly, the super rare Orbs can drop anywhere. But they are very rare.

Zynx

Keeping this reply as a separate post for clarity.
Haven't hit the thread in a while--whatcha all playing this league?

Currently doing low-life crit Mjolner. Pretty fun.
Sounds like a pricey build. Are you using Shavs, Solaris Lorica, or an ES chest?

I've played a lot of stuff, thanks to the benefits of being primarily a Standard player and already having gear/currency/characters to respec.
1) Zealot's Oath Crit Arc build - sucked, the zealot's oath regeneration is paltry despite investing a huge amount of nodes into it
2) Physical, Crit Split Arrow/Puncture Trap - same build as pre-patch, still effective despite weaker boss killing due to the puncture nerf
3) Low-Life Elemental Kinetic Blast (Solaris Lorica) - was okay overall, but really slows down against single targets, especially in outdoors areas without many walls
4) Life-Based Barrage-Cast on Crit - my first time doing CoC, it's really fun seeing so many spells being sprayed out, although it actually clears slower than my bow build
5) Noncrit Flameblast Proliferation - the one build I did on torment, used it to get enough currency to buy a Scold's Bridle and stopped - quite strong considering how cheap it is, but gets boring
6) Crit Flame Totem with EB/Cloak - pretty powerful, but I got bored of it for the moment since I leveled it from 1-61
7) Low-Life Elemental Spectral Throw (ES Chest/75% Chaos resist) - what I'm mostly playing now - wish the damage was a bit higher but pretty effective so far

Zynx is absolutely correct. Most xH nodes are a lot more efficient than the generic +% physical damage ones. But as I said earlier, I'm assuming you're definitely going to goof up your first character. =) Get your feet wet, understand the combat mechanics, the trade system, the passive tree, etc.
thanks for your help so far, ill try to goof up as less as possible :)
My suggestion would be this: Have you found a skill that you really like to use, or are you still experimenting? As you might have noticed, in Path of Exile skills aren't features of a class, but come in the form of socketed gems anyone can use, as long as the character meets minimum stat/level requirements. If you already have found a skill you like, then I would suggest that you pick a weapon class that works with it, and focus on that weapon with your passive choices, like my earlier suggestion. If you still haven't decided on a skill to focus on, then perhaps stick with more open ended passives, like Gaming Truth has suggested.
atm what works best so far is ground slam for aoe (well its only half aoe) and Heavy Strike. I think i will keep these two moves and try others out as soon as i get the chance. So Mace will be my main weapon. I haven't decided yet if i will go 1h or 2h. Is it possible to dual wield 2h later on? Any gems i should keep looking for for better mace melee aoe dmg (1h or 2h)? Im drowning in gems i cannot use...

Meanwhile, after 30 hours into the game i do have some other problems/concerns:
1. the lag: i died a few times now (im still at normal difficulty :) due to extreme lagging. Do you guys have a few tips to spare especially for this game. its must be the game because everything else im playing works and pings fine.
2. i now have 86 % chance to hit, but it feels that my miss rate is much higher, especially ground slam seems to miss almost every second enemy and even vases and boxes.
3. how many armourers scrap and whetstones can i use per items? How high can i get the quality up?

Meanwhile, after 30 hours into the game i do have some other problems/concerns:
1. the lag: i died a few times now (im still at normal difficulty :) due to extreme lagging. Do you guys have a few tips to spare especially for this game. its must be the game because everything else im playing works and pings fine.
A few people in this thread have this problem, but I haven't seen it on my end. I'd try picking a different (seemingly farther) region. It'll increase latency, but may be a more stable route?

2. i now have 86 % chance to hit, but it feels that my miss rate is much higher, especially ground slam seems to miss almost every second enemy and even vases and boxes.

Ground Slam has a weird hit box. Skills that have essentially replaced it (Molten Strike, Static Strike?) have a lot more predictable behavior.

3. how many armourers scrap and whetstones can i use per items? How high can i get the quality up?

All pieces of armor can have up to 20% quality. But you need to understand how scrap and whetstones work:
On normal Items: Adds 5% quality
On magic Items: Adds 2% quality
On Rare/Unique Items: Adds 1% quality

So if you're crafting something from scratch, you'd want to quality up before anything else.

Zynx

No one else going to talk about what builds you're doing? I'm interested in hearing about them, whether they're working out well or not.

Rufus

Currently my only live and most successful character of the league is a Ball Lightning Shadow. Hit level 88 recently. Non-crit, using Cloak of Defiance + level 20 Arctic Armour (with Inner Force) for defence, which has saved my ass numerous times. 4.9k life with 1.3k unreserved mana.
Worked out great, and even though I had planned to transition to crit eventually I might stay non-crit because the damage is still good. So good I don't even use my 5th link for damage a lot of the time and instead out in Item Rarity. I swap in Added Lightning on maps with necros though, because they have high lightning resist. I even got lucky and corrputed my Ball Lightning to level 21. I think I might experiment with Geofri's Crest and Empower down the line.

I got kind of tired of mapping though, so now I just do my dailies and run fragments, or easy maps for master levels and a bit of currency. I also had a Arc Witch that died to Herald of the Obelisk shortly after I converted her to crit and a Kinetic Blast Scion that did crazy damage and was kind of a glass cannon. Already forgot what did her in, but it must have had something to do with using Voll's and not having any other real defenses to speak of. Ahem. Guess I shouldn't have put off speccing into Acribatics for so long, but that's sketchy too, so...

Fou-Lu

I'm enjoying Path of Exile with a friend, we don't really plan on going very hardcore with it as we don't have much time to play together, but I'd like my character to not suck terribly, with that in mind... Here is what I have done with my passives so far:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...Hfr02ZU1gQWNwC8FXlxHVQzG_1VO7OBuwcyFgwYuBQTXv

I know I am a very low level and some of you might just saying something like "Reroll!" but we honestly don't have time to be making new characters here. What would you guys suggest for me going forward? And for what skill gems to use? Right now I mostly use dual strike and molten strike.

Ragnaroz

You're what, 25-26 ? I don't see why you couldn't reroll, you could reach that in like 2h tops. Then again, I don't see anything wrong with this build, other than the fact that you started as a Duelist.

You're what, 25-26 ? I don't see why you couldn't reroll, you could reach that in like 2h tops. Then again, I don't see anything wrong with this build, other than the fact that you started as a Duelist.

Hey hey, an experienced player can reach those levels at that speed. He's probably still clicking barrels and stuff, habits that only go away when you start racing. =)

Zynx

The passive tree looks fine, the only node that I would take back would be one of the two 8% mana nodes. If you feel you need more defense, the 4% life/6% evasion+armour nodes are good value, or you can path towards the 5% life nodes. The 14% and 12% physical damage with attacks are good value for damage. As for gems to try, most red and green active skill gems work with weapons, so give them a shot.
The game's very different for you since you've probably made many characters already. Don't you remember your first time around, when you didn't know about which quests to do, how the maps were generated, the various game mechanics, what is safe and what isn't, and more?

A few people in this thread have this problem, but I haven't seen it on my end. I'd try picking a different (seemingly farther) region. It'll increase latency, but may be a more stable route?

Its better now with the lag. im not dying that often anymore due to it, but i still do, and when i do now im loosing 10 % of my xp so somehow it got worse xD

Ground Slam has a weird hit box. Skills that have essentially replaced it (Molten Strike, Static Strike?) have a lot more predictable behavior.

HA! i took the node "your hits cant be evaded" and that problem is gone. Ground Slam is just to good and molten strike and static strike are just not the same

another question:
since i accidently sold a ring with mana on hit im facing some mana troubles. What do you guys think about the node "Blood magic"? Does the skill cost 22 hp then instead of 22 mp? Should i take the gem instead of the nod? also, i could use a loh or lleech linked gem instead of bm gem to keep the hp up. The nod seems to be especially good because there is the node j"mana conviction" behind it which would mean i would be able to run 3-4 auras at once without having to worry about mana cost.
else im currently running with 5 enduring charges on stun, so i dont know if 3-4 auras are even viable without loosing something else.

i also tried multistrike with ground slam, and that is some funny stuff xD

Zynx

HA! i took the node "your hits cant be evaded" and that problem is gone. Ground Slam is just to good and molten strike and static strike are just not the same
Yeah, the Resolute Technique node is golden as long as you're not relying on critical strikes for damage. Now you don't have to care about accuracy at all.

since i accidently sold a ring with mana on hit im facing some mana troubles. What do you guys think about the node "Blood magic"? Does the skill cost 22 hp then instead of 22 mp? Should i take the gem instead of the nod? also, i could use a loh or lleech linked gem instead of bm gem to keep the hp up. The nod seems to be especially good because there is the node j"mana conviction" behind it which would mean i would be able to run 3-4 auras at once without having to worry about mana cost.
You are correct in that using Blood Magic (either the gem or the node) will make your skills cost hp instead of mp, but there's a significant difference between the Blood Magic node and the gem. Taking the node removes all your mana. You can't do anything with mana - including reserving auras on it. Auras will reserve on life instead, which can be problematic for survivability, since your maximum effective hp will be lower. Even with "Mortal Conviction" reducing the amount of life auras will reserve, it is still a hefty price to pay.

Using the support gem can avoid this problem, but the support gem increases the (now life) cost of skills, so your 22 mp skill might cost 40-50 hp with the support gem. However, linking the Blood Magic gem with your main skill will allow you to still reserve auras on mana.

An alternative to using Blood Magic is the "Clarity" aura, which provides additional mana regeneration, or you can also aim to find a ring or amulet with "% of physical attack damage leeched as mana", which would give you mana back for dealing damage with your weapon.

Yeah, the Resolute Technique node is golden as long as you're not relying on critical strikes for damage. Now you don't have to care about accuracy at all.
exactly, now i have much more freedom in choosing my rings and helmet :)

You are correct in that using Blood Magic (either the gem or the node) will make your skills cost hp instead of mp, but there's a significant difference between the Blood Magic node and the gem. Taking the node removes all your mana. You can't do anything with mana - including reserving auras on it. Auras will reserve on life instead, which can be problematic for survivability, since your maximum effective hp will be lower. Even with "Mortal Conviction" reducing the amount of life auras will reserve, it is still a hefty price to pay.

Using the support gem can avoid this problem, but the support gem increases the (now life) cost of skills, so your 22 mp skill might cost 40-50 hp with the support gem. However, linking the Blood Magic gem with your main skill will allow you to still reserve auras on mana.

An alternative to using Blood Magic is the "Clarity" aura, which provides additional mana regeneration, or you can also aim to find a ring or amulet with "% of physical attack damage leeched as mana", which would give you mana back for dealing damage with your weapon.

everything is so complex xD, ok, clarity aura seems worth a try, lets see if i can find one :)

edit: ok, this one will do the job, thanks for the tip :)
is there a gem which ich able to enhance the effect of the aura?

another question: when people in the trade chat write "XXX = 15C" -> do they mean chaos orb?

Skab

Looking around at all the datamined act 4 info/areas/bosses, and it sounds like its going to be a pretty awesome act.

Can't wait for the official reveal.

Kammie

Looking around at all the datamined act 4 info/areas/bosses, and it sounds like its going to be a pretty awesome act.

Can't wait for the official reveal.
6 weeks to go at least: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1199066/page/2#p10074495

Decided to try to hit 100 before the expansion. If I can manage to somehow keep up my currency to keep doing rotations, I think I should be able to manage it. Hard to do on Standard economy, nothing sells these days. Using RF/Flameblast, pretty solid build.

So I started playing hardcore this league for the first time. Died at 69, 70, 70, 71 with a melee char, then decided to do a basic sparker. Currently 79.

Bought a lightning coil for 15c, 6 socketed it with 280 jews, then 6linked it (trying for a 5) for 40 fuse

So thats nice. Sockets will be a nightmare though, need 4B2G, vorici calculator estimates 2.5k chromes. Done about 400 so far.

Kammie

I have never seen a planned game design decision as flawed as this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1202920/page/1

Basically it would remove the CWDT/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call setup from the game. In other words, it would break just about every build out there and you'd start dying randomly to the game's crappy damage and spike balance. I mean, think about the amount of times you're desynced and receiving damage you don't even know about. Or how this is your only line of defense if you're a crit build, since nothing can mitigate the amount of damage you take back if you have a good weapon.

Lots of people are arguing against it. Hopefully GGG are smart enough to listen, but at this point it's just one bad decision after another. The game feels like it's gotten out of their control for a while now.

KKRT00

Basically it would remove the CWDT/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call setup from the game. In other words, it would break just about every build out there and you'd start dying randomly to the game's crappy damage and spike balance
Funny, i havent used this combo ever.

Combo is OP and it should be nerfed.

I have never seen a planned game design decision as flawed as this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1202920/page/1

Basically it would remove the CWDT/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call setup from the game. In other words, it would break just about every build out there and you'd start dying randomly to the game's crappy damage and spike balance. I mean, think about the amount of times you're desynced and receiving damage you don't even know about. Or how this is your only line of defense if you're a crit build, since nothing can mitigate the amount of damage you take back if you have a good weapon.

Lots of people are arguing against it. Hopefully GGG are smart enough to listen, but at this point it's just one bad decision after another. The game feels like it's gotten out of their control for a while now.

That's weird, I didn't read that the first time I read it and I still don't see that even looking for it.

Enduring Cry will move into a "cooldown group", but won't change much in behavior beyond that. It's still
a spell that doesn't deal direct damage but instead checks the number of enemies in a radius around the player when used, and provides an effect that is enhanced by that number. In addition, all enemies in the radius are taunted to attack the caster.

So unless there's weird hypothetical talk further down Part 1 or Part 2's thread, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Also, CWDT/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call is kinda broken. Remember their mantra (realistically should be for all games): If there's something that feels like it's absolutely needed in almost every type of build, it's broken and needs to be addressed. Running around like a Spartan, hearing your shields go down, go hide for like 15 seconds, then go back charging head-first seems like something you should only be doing in Halo.

Enduring Cry will move into a "cooldown group"

Derp. Sorry Kammie, I reacted quickly to one of your negative posts without researching thoroughly to see your side of the argument.

Yeah, that would mean Enduring Cry won't trigger from CWDT.

Still though, most of what I said above is still true. CWDT + IC is ridiculous, but with EC out of the loop, it'll force people to at least have to work for it. I honestly don't know how to react to this. I think CWDT + EC + IC is broken, but I also know that I don't play melee characters for a reason.

If they figure out how to buff melee characters to somehow have that small mitigation bonus that CWDT + EC would normally have without giving ranged characters access to the same thing, it'd be great. I don't even care about warcries. I'm mainly for breaking CWDT + EC by moving its power back to the subtype it was supposed to fix.

Top Bottom