• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Ploid 3.0

Did you have stun recovery on a belt?

Probably, everything is stunning me. Makes it hard to do anything, crazy stuff. I did change to a new belt, and went Chaos Inoculation. The belt wasn't anything incredible, if it was stopping this type of stunning, it is a hax belt.

I just checked my complete inventory. I have no item with #% increased Block and Stun Recovery. Maybe I should reset, though the nightmare that is the latter part of act 3 is over.

Blitzhex

That's why I don't CI or low life anymore, after having two CI characters.
Life/high hp regen is just so hassle free and better for lab traps.

Rufus

Yeah, CI was going to be my next question. Stun is calculated off of your base life, so you get stunned by everything.

Ploid 3.0

Ah, interesting. Then I guess I should get so much ES that it won't matter I'm getting stunned so much. Thanks for the info, at least I don't feel like I'm going crazy now.

Rufus

You should be careful regardless. Even 10k ES can be gone in the blink of an eye. One other solution would be Eye of Chayula, but it's a shit ammy outside of the stun immunity it confers. If you use curses, a corrupted one with 1+ curse could be worth it though.

Watch out for cold damage as well, you're gonna get frozen a lot and for a long time. Any extra cold mobs and maps are more dangerous to you.

Did my first map last night. In previous leagues I either died or got too busy with life to make it to the map stage, but I'm finally here. Did the tropical map with a couple mods (8% increased quality, 40% more rare mobs, all rare mobs had Nemesis mods), Pretty easy since I'm at lv70 but was an interesting process nonetheless. Got a lv67 map drop and Cardiro sold me this for a couple coins:

rwrfDnu.png

I'm gonna go back to Dried Lake farming tho. Voll does a good amount of damage to me but I just need to improve my gear; so far I haven't gotten any good drops (for my build) in merciless outside of a nice belt, so I've crafted some nice stuff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm thinking about giving this game another shot and trying to get into it. I've generally always liked summoners, so I am leaning towards witch. Are minion specs good/effective for leveling? Are there any specific things I should be looking for, gear and spec wise?

Zynx

Summon Raging Spirits is a pretty good minion skill for leveling, while also using Zombies as meatshields. I don't see a lot of people recommending it but I've done it before myself and thought it was perfectly fine.

Gearwise if you go SRS, your early damage benefits from gear with +1 fire gem (weapon) or +1 minion gem (helmet), and cast speed. There's also several unique items that are useful. Later on, you want as many linked sockets on your gear as you can find, as SRS benefits a lot from support gems.

Do you have a passive skill tree ready to use? This game can feel pretty complicated at the start but mastery can be pretty rewarding as a result.

Greg

anyone in regular standard have masters leveled? need a mod removed, attack speed on gloves, and armor on helm - all require level 7 master

I haven't done an Ascendancy minion build, but they were very viable a few updates back when they were rebalanced. SRS is still the best, but I miss the skeleton horde and the mess it made when you had Zombies, Skeletons, and Vaal Skeletons running around

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Summon Raging Spirits is a pretty good minion skill for leveling, while also using Zombies as meatshields. I don't see a lot of people recommending it but I've done it before myself and thought it was perfectly fine.

Gearwise if you go SRS, your early damage benefits from gear with +1 fire gem (weapon) or +1 minion gem (helmet), and cast speed. There's also several unique items that are useful. Later on, you want as many linked sockets on your gear as you can find, as SRS benefits a lot from support gems.

Do you have a passive skill tree ready to use? This game can feel pretty complicated at the start but mastery can be pretty rewarding as a result.

Yeah I actually started messing around with Raging Spirits and I'm really liking it as a main spam ability. I have a general idea of a passive build from looking at builds on the official forum, so I'm going from there.

Zynx

anyone in regular standard have masters leveled? need a mod removed, attack speed on gloves, and armor on helm - all require level 7 master

I can do it for you. Since I play on multiple accounts, it'd probably be more convenient for you to post/PM me a character name.

lmao Cardiro sold me a Marohi Erqi Karui Maul for 1060 coins. I bought one for 8 chaos awhile ago, guessing I can sell this one for at least 9.

HAHAHA holy shit, talk about a turn of luck this league.

So the last few leagues that I played in, (Beyond, Tempest, Talisman) I had the worst luck. From never being able to sustain my map pool, (even with always running around with150-200% item rarity) and having ridiculously horrible luck trying to fuse a 6-L a weapon. (In Beyond I spent nearly 3k fuse before saying screw it, Tempest and Talisman somewhere upwards of 2500+ in each before giving up.

Yeah, I know, I should have paid Vorici, But I wanted the satisfaction of finally 6-linking something, a bit of peer pressure, as well as me thinking: "I'm so overdue, it can be any fusing now..."

Well anyways, yesterday I freaking 6-socketed a Searing Touch in like 20 or less Jewellers. I was surprised, and figured it'll increase my chances to get a 5-link, which is all I wanted anyways. Started hitting the fuse, and it was something like 27 fusing in. and well...

I almost didn't get the print screen in time, because of the shock.

SO STOKED!

Then today... hahahaha.

Rufus

GZ

I've 6-linked a Coil, 5-linked another (which I currently use) and 5-linked a Marohi and had an Exalt drop. Cadiro flipping earned me another 7 long before that, but it was nice to see. It's been a very good league indeed.

Also got Tyrannical on a Solar Maul (regaled 6% stun duration, which I can remove, but it's an expensive mastercraft...).

Blitzhex

6Linking sucks. I spent 1000+ on my voltaxic then gave up and bought one for 13ex, which is worth 1k fusing anyway at current phc rate. This league has given me a lot of good drops though, all my gear is pretty much self found apart from that bow.

Sold that maul for 9c last night. Someone whispered me while I was doing a map. I felt like a big boy.

Still haven't really found upgrades for my gear outside of some rings I alternate. I've been farming Dried Lake and doing some lv68 maps here or there. I think I'll try a lv70 map tonight or tomorrow night.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
6Linking sucks. I spent 1000+ on my voltaxic then gave up and bought one for 13ex, which is worth 1k fusing anyway at current phc rate. This league has given me a lot of good drops though, all my gear is pretty much self found apart from that bow.

Hell yeah it does, 6 linking made me rage quit Perandus league. Dropped 11ex in fusings on my chest, got nothing. Watched nearly all my buddies get a 6 link in sub 5ex, feelsbadman. Legit just sold all my shit and cashed out the next day.

Rufus

Not even a 5-link? I always stop at 5 and either use or sell them.

I'm kind of done too. I hit 87 on my EQ Champion, half-heartedly doing maps. It's kind of nuts that I can't do ele reflect, just because of Hatred alone. One day I'll forget to turn of my auras and blow myself up again.

Also leveling a ED Witch with MoM to see how good the latter is, but I'm still in Cruel and losing steam. Spark is pretty nice for leveling now. Then again, leveling uniques kind of make everything good.

I'm kind of done too. I hit 87 on my EQ Champion, half-heartedly doing maps. It's kind of nuts that I can't do ele reflect, just because of Hatred alone. One day I'll forget to turn of my auras and blow myself up again.

Also leveling a ED Witch with MoM to see how good the latter is, but I'm still in Cruel and losing steam. Spark is pretty nice for leveling now. Then again, leveling uniques kind of make everything good.

I did a Dunes map a couple days ago with 13% phy reflect (on enemy deaths). Figured it wouldn't be an issue...lol. Most mobs were a breeze but at one point I leap slammed into a big ass pack and almost died. And later the boss almost destroyed me with his leap slam.

Rufus

Phew. You're asking for it on Dunes. That can have those packs of two dozen hidden crabs. Hit all of them at once and you're toast.

It goes to 15% reflect in yellow maps.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

na i got a 5 link, but i played the shit out of my coc discharge, got my voll's devotion, etc... so i basically attained all my season goals with just the 6 link left to do. was so disheartened about melting 10+ ex on fusings and failing that i just felt done for the season lol. it's just so demoralizing, but i'll be back next league

Does the guild still exist? Can I get an invite to it? IGN is Cassker

Yes. Invite sent. It is pretty quiet around here though.

Edit (Offline): My bro is streaming us play, I am using a 6-link Sire of Shards with Empire's Grasp. It's hilarious.

Also, if anyone is playing HC Perandus and looking for mapping partners (currently lvl 78), feel free to contact me in game: Busta_SMurk. I'm on late afternoons and evenings EST. I have a TeamSpeak server to use.

Blitzhex

Ripped my 2nd level 92 this league, seems like an unlucky number for me.

My 3rd char is a 94 voltaxic sparker that's much stronger than the last two totemers I had. Gonna see how far this one gets, it's going to be my last one. League has been really fun anyway.

Rufus

Yeah. I just killed my ED Occultist in Dried Lake (blue snakes OP). Then did a stupid Malformation map (-max, Onlsaught, boss damage) on my EQ Champion to let luck decide if I was going to push from almost 89 to 90. The game said no.

Fun league though. I really hope they keep Cadiro around in some form. They threw away the last couple of leagues for whatever reason, rather than fixing them or finding a place for them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going in hard on the challenges right now and I just found out about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4dgxtf/discussion_hardest_and_easiest_challenges/

I wish someone notified me of trade 820 earlier because I could've saved a few chaos doing UnID maps on my own but I made a lot of progress just with 30-40c. I can more or less see the end although I still have a ways to go. Leaving it here for anyone banging their heads against the gilded Perandus wall.

Rufus

Going for 36? I stopped at 24. Doing all the challenges on that all-league-mods 1-month forever put me off of doing that again.

Deadly

I'm going in hard on the challenges right now and I just found out about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4dgxtf/discussion_hardest_and_easiest_challenges/

I wish someone notified me of trade 820 earlier because I could've saved a few chaos doing UnID maps on my own but I made a lot of progress just with 30-40c. I can more or less see the end although I still have a ways to go. Leaving it here for anyone banging their heads against the gilded Perandus wall.
Does getting x amount of challenges get you anything?

Rufus

You get something for every 12 completed challenges. First are golden footprints, second is a golden weapon effect, last is a portal effect. You also complete a totem pole that you can show off in your hideout, but I don't know how many challenges per segment, or how many segments they have.

Think I'm just gonna stop being a baby and plow through Act 4 merciless tonight or tomorrow. Did Daresso last night...wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Kaom should be easy as fuck. But I'm worried about Malachai brehs lol.

BTW lost my lv12 templar today lmao. I was trying out some of my leveling weapons and was using a shitty ass unique bow. Opened a rare chest and got swarmed with enemies, couldn't kill them due to my dps being so slow+couldn't move due to being surrounded.

https://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/59807764

Very interesting state of exile episode with Chris discussing the current state of the game and the future.

Definitely excited by the little preview of how they're thinking about improving the difficulty. The lazy solution would be to simply increase monster dps and be done with it. I really like what Chris said about introducing smarter enemies in cruel and merciless that have more complex attacks.

And as we figured, Perandus has been a massive success (player base/retention wise). I wonder what they'll do next. Chris mentioned they aren't going to simply add something super grindy/hard as the next league, and instead also include some of the reward mechanics that make this league popular.

Mulgrok

My first time doing a tier 15 map and I couldn't kill the boss. Maybe next time.

I also learned the hard way how master mods are removed when using a chaos gem on an item.

Zynx

Although activity is definitely down, the league is still surprisingly alive halfway into its allotted time.

Feels like the only really gated stuff in the game now are 6L's, high tier maps, and very good rares.

TheFatOne

I've stopped playing, but a couple of my buddies wanted to give PoE a try. I'm trying to help them out in terms of builds, mechanics, and just learning everything they need to know overall. Are totems still viable?

Rufus

Btw, anyone playing the 2-week flashback race?

I'm doing a crit Frost Blades Raider (for a better chance at a price). I'm doing elemental for now, aiming for phys.
Frost Blades is OK for AoE, but the mechanics are meh. The fact that it's cold damage almost makes up for it. I've tried using chain (which I feel it needs), but the damage reduction was too much at the time. If I can work it in I might stick with FB, if not, there's always Reave.

Got lucky and found a 5-link on a vendor. No exceptional Cadiro deals so far.

Zynx

If you're open to suggestions other than totems, Bladefall is a pretty strong skill even with minimal gear.

Btw, anyone playing the 2-week flashback race?

I'm doing a crit Frost Blades Raider (for a better chance at a price). I'm doing elemental for now, aiming for phys.
Frost Blades is OK for AoE, but the mechanics are meh. The fact that it's cold damage almost makes up for it. I've tried using chain (which I feel it needs), but the damage reduction was too much at the time. If I can work it in I might stick with FB, if not, there's always Reave.

Got lucky and found a 5-link on a vendor. No exceptional Cadiro deals so far.

I was thinking about it but I just started messing around with an earthquake duelist on perandus and don't know kown if I want to reroll a character yet. Lots of games coming out this week too. Are they any easy to get rewards for the 2 week? Haven't been following forums/announcements much lately.

I was thinking about it but I just started messing around with an earthquake duelist on perandus and don't know kown if I want to reroll a character yet. Lots of games coming out this week too. Are they any easy to get rewards for the 2 week? Haven't been following forums/announcements much lately.

Maybe if you parse the ladder info you could figure which class isn't played much and play that, but it's kinda annoying. Also all the "unplayed" classes have been probably picked by really hardcore players(I mean, not the league, just the playstyle), so you're not that likely to get 25 even in one of the more unpopular class. You'd probably want to play HC if you want a good chance too. Unlikely to get it if you don't play the 2 weeks entirely either. Seems kinda not worth it to me, at least if you're just playing for rewards.

I'll just wait for the inbetween league, or if they start a new league right away(I believe they mentionned they might this time), then I'll just play that.

Rufus

The first time I successfully chance a unique, and it's fucking Skyforth.
tYnIrOr.jpg

I also found a Voltaxic on Cadiro, but I didn't have enough coins so I passed it on to some lucky guy in trade chat. It's been a pretty nice day.

Wow that is awesome. The only thing I've ever chanced is a Cameria's Maul a few leagues back. Would love to make a build around skyforth's one day but I don't feel like dropping the currency needed for one.

Top Bottom