• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Just got this, it looks interesting for a tank h2h person. Not sure how I could use it though, maybe I should try h2h finally.

The boss in the labyrinth blows me up, what bombardment effect is that? Chaos damage? When I try to run out the way my summons follow and aren't fighting as they do. He doesn't seem to let up on that stuff.

Those statues piss me off, is the stop regen item the only way to stop them from showing up later? The only thing that mess me up now is the boss fights in level 3 or sometimes 2. I feel I lucked out beating the merciless labyrinth the first time with less gear and 2 less ascendancy points.

He's pure physical unless he's been buffed in a previous encounter. The first 2 encounters if you disable his buffs he won't have them later, the mechanics of each is a little different. I find staying closish to him works best, his melee attacks are all telegraphed before he does them and he won't do the mass green blob shit, just have to watch out for the green circle that teleports you.

I actually think it is a fantasticly designed fight, best one in the game. They really fucked up with the RED RED MORE RED in the Malachai fight.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not getting my 2 points after killing Izaro merciless twice :(

Ploid 3.0

He's pure physical unless he's been buffed in a previous encounter. The first 2 encounters if you disable his buffs he won't have them later, the mechanics of each is a little different. I find staying closish to him works best, his melee attacks are all telegraphed before he does them and he won't do the mass green blob shit, just have to watch out for the green circle that teleports you.

I actually think it is a fantasticly designed fight, best one in the game. They really fucked up with the RED RED MORE RED in the Malachai fight.

Yeah I like the fight, I just get soul crushed thinking about the slow hike back up to him while not knowing how to do some of the mechanics (like how to disable the statues for the next rounds). I just mainly do this for another shot at a helmet blessing roll, and because it's tense/fun. The blessing I have will never be used by me, but maybe I could work something out for it to be useful (25% Lightning Tendrils on a +2 minion helmet, maybe I could add some range on the spell, and use the minions as shields in a lightning based class).

Hmm.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_IEwrxezgY

I'm not getting my 2 points after killing Izaro merciless twice :(

Ouch, you should contact customer support pronto. Maybe there's a bug and they can fix it.

Finally did normal Lab with my lv52 Maurader lol. Was waiting until the game got more stable; I didn't want to waste progress to crappy disconnects or server restarts. It wasn't as tiring as I assumed it would be. Boss fight is really cool.

The traps are insane though. I probably would have come close to dying if I did it around lv40 or so. Unfortunately I forgot that my gloves are corrupted so I wasn't able to use the enchant on my current gear lol.

Once I get to Act 4 cruel I'm going to create an alt (storm call Templar) and do the lab around lv42 or so.

rickyson1

just curious,has there been a movement speed increase in this game since august? I tried playing it back then and got sick of it after a couple hours for a few reasons one of which was because the movement felt too slow

have played it longer than that the past couple days and haven't had that issue this time,seems like the kinda thing that wouldn't get changed so far in so it's probably just all in my head or something

Anyone have any good tips for lab? I haven't even attempted it yet and I really need to get around to it. The last 2 days I have been able to play with a stable connection and little to no issues and would like to tackle these challenges now.

Blitzhex

I'm standing in my ho with 2 olmec's sanctum portals left remaining, wondering if I should complete it. Got the chaos boss and last boss left, pendarus HC. The other bosses got me pretty low and I was constantly running around.
Also, I'm a idiot and didn't chisel the map. Is it even worth it? lol x_x

Haly

Anyone have any good tips for lab? I haven't even attempted it yet and I really need to get around to it. The last 2 days I have been able to play with a stable connection and little to no issues and would like to tackle these challenges now.

Make sure you have at least one movement skill, Whirling Blades, Lightning Warp, or Flame Dash.

Izaro is actually harder to deal with at ranged so try to stick close.

Zynx

I'm standing in my ho with 2 olmec's sanctum portals left remaining, wondering if I should complete it. Got the chaos boss and last boss left, pendarus HC. The other bosses got me pretty low and I was constantly running around.
Also, I'm a idiot and didn't chisel the map. Is it even worth it? lol x_x

Don't know if I'm late on answering this, but the last boss summons the other bosses so if the fights you've had were already sketchy, maybe pass on it.

The final boss drops a bunch of extra rares with higher ilvl, but nothing spectacular.

Make sure you have at least one movement skill, Whirling Blades, Lightning Warp, or Flame Dash.

Izaro is actually harder to deal with at ranged so try to stick close.

Blink Arrow no good?

Well Im running EA this league so hopefully izaro isnt too bad :(

Haly

Blink Arrow no good?

Well Im running EA this league so hopefully izaro isnt too bad :(

Blink Arrow is fine, it slipped my mind. Just any movement skill.

He's also tougher than Malachai, IMO, at least before the nerf in 2.2.1. You want to be a ways into Act 4 before you try Izaro on whatever difficulty to save yourself some headaches.

Blink Arrow is fine, it slipped my mind. Just any movement skill.

He's also tougher than Malachai, IMO, at least before the nerf in 2.2.1. You want to be a ways into Act 4 before you try Izaro on whatever difficulty to save yourself some headaches.

Yeah just did one on normal. Not too bad since I'm obviously overleveled. Going to do Cruel next shouldn't be too bad. I wonder how merciless will be though. I might wait until my 70s to attempt it or after I'm able to afford a kaom's.

Greg

so... I haven't played this game in over a year, and I have an 85 Marauder from when I quit

where should I start/is there anywhere I can see a rundown of what's been added since?

so... I haven't played this game in over a year, and I have an 85 Marauder from when I quit

where should I start/is there anywhere I can see a rundown of what's been added since?

I definitely recommend a new character in the new leagues. I don't remember what's been in a year, so:
- ghosts
- strong boxes
- melee = fun again
- rangers = fun again? (Still haven't played one)
- Act 4
- (you had masters I think)
- the tree has changed about three times

Start with a forum build, if not explicitly, at least read up on how they guide you through the new tree

Have fun!

Greg

thanks a lot!

wish there was a way to see my old build... I know the tree has changed since, but I remember putting in a lot of work to maximize what I had

a fresh start might be the best route until I get a feel for how the game plays now

Haly

Greg

it was a groundslam/leech/attack speed build - never really kept up with the community builds, so not sure what to compare it to

outside of the obvious mace/2-handed stuff, I remember stretching up towards Templar near amplify (?) and also towards duelist tree for maybe some attack speed nodes? I know it all made sense at the time when I worked the numbers, but I guess I'll have to click through and figure things out

and now I see jewel sockets on the tree? this is going to take me a while...

I'm sure this is junk now, but this is what I used:
qxNVpP2.png

Haly

Jewels have rarity and affixes like items you find/buy. Most builds don't go for more than 4-5. The really wealth 1% builds go for more and try to get perfect 4-5 affix rolls.

Sunder and Earthquake were introduced recently and are Ground Slam variants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmuLqYl7QZ8

Got to merciless for the first time in a few leagues; I don't remember the last time I made it lol. Tanky Earthquake Marauder. I got burned out in Talisman after losing a couple characters in Act IV cruel but it taught me that I was rushing into the meat of the act too fast. First time I got wrecked by Darreso (he was at 10% health), second time I died to a fractured mob in the mines.

I spent so much time just focusing on getting res capped that I didn't really update my gear properly. This time I grinded the Dried Lake until I got to lv58, then did Daresso's Dream. Sped through with no problems although Malachi was kinda close due to lag.

Speeding through Act 1 Merciless now. I'm going to go back and do cruel Lab tonight I think.

Blitzhex

Got 88 PHC, also left the gaf clan by mistake I think. Keep getting leave party and leave guild confused.
Any tips on how to sustain maps at this level? I'm alching anything above t7, chiseling higher level ones and hardly getting any meaningful map drops.

Gothos

Got to merciless for the first time in a few leagues; I don't remember the last time I made it lol. Tanky Earthquake Marauder. I got burned out in Talisman after losing a couple characters in Act IV cruel but it taught me that I was rushing into the meat of the act too fast. First time I got wrecked by Darreso (he was at 10% health), second time I died to a fractured mob in the mines.

I spent so much time just focusing on getting res capped that I didn't really update my gear properly. This time I grinded the Dried Lake until I got to lv58, then did Daresso's Dream. Sped through with no problems although Malachi was kinda close due to lag.

Speeding through Act 1 Merciless now. I'm going to go back and do cruel Lab tonight I think.

Be careful in cruel lab. I wouldn't go there before lvl 68-70 :p

Be careful in cruel lab. I wouldn't go there before lvl 68-70 :p

Yea decided against it lmao. I did normal Lab instead to get a hand enchant. I'll hold off on Cruel Lab until 68 or 69 lol. Not worried about Izaro however the traps scare me. I get impatient and do stupid stuff near the saws and other traps.

Blitzhex

My friend and I did a kuduku ritual, I got a 5L in 10 fuses and he got x2 5Ls in 40 fuses, rofl. Love this shit.

Praise Kuduku \o/

Haly

70 makes cruel lab pretty easy but better safe than sorry.

Some days the labs are more punishing than other days, like on the 12th the labs had some 2 golden doors nonsense.

Fuck outta here with that.

Another day, during the last two nodes, the entrance and exit were only a few rooms apart. Stuff like that.

Wooo! I'm finally on the roll with my lvl 68 witch (softcore!). I started at lvl 63 when the ascendancy patch hit, and I got necromancer subclass. I feel like I finally have a character that can clear at least everything in merciless (not counting maps). I just have the scepter of god left on merciless act 3.

Zombies + skeletons + spectres + "minions explode on death" -thing + flesh offering + raging spirit + all resistances aura + discipline aura + cast speed focus (I'm at +52% or so). Passives focus on minion skills + HP/shields + auras, I have atm 2.2k hp and 2.8k shields and about 50% resistances on merciless. I still need to work on that.

I know I would die before getting to cruel on hardcore, I'm newb like that, but this is my first build/character that doesn't fall apart somewhere around cruel so I'm kind of proud of that. Perhaps its the ascendancy skills that made game a bit easier, but I'm fine with that.

V_Arnold

I actually six-linked my random 6s chest in this league by my FIRST fusing.I could not believe it. It is a shitty rare, but it is 6l now.

And I got it the same time I got the achievement "use a fusing in the league", lol.

Rufus

Nice.

I six-linked a Lightning Coil yesterday. Now my Ice Trapper has actual defenses (aside from Acro and Phase Acro). I was prepared to wear my Tabula until my untimely (but quickly approaching) death. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Now I just need to try and not do any stupid shit.

Ice Trap itself is pretty underwhelming after the Bladefall + Poison Trapper I briefly played in Talisman. Its AoE is underwhelming, even after investing into both the Witch and Templar AoE nodes. Cluster Traps feels almost mandatory.

Also, Argus is scary in Merciless. Fucking hell.

Argus merc is harder than tier10 map argus. Makes no sense. I killed map double argus with perma vulnerability curse lol. The little walls make him much easier to kite.

GGG do have a track record in that regard though, graveyard merveil does so much more damage than necro merveil.

Haly

I killed Argus Merc by kiting him into the poison traps.

But yeah he's terrifying.

Is poison trapper still ridiculously broken this league? I ran a firestorm variant last league and was thinking of messing around with it again but maybe using bladefall instead.

After the change to my favorite weapon in Bino's I don't know if GGG can balance this game mechanics properly without nerfing 20 different things that aren't going to solve the actual problem as they have shown in their handling of poison. The trapper/mine posion trapper seems to still be the easiest and cheapest boss melter.

Lv70 now in merciless. I've been farming the Docks, might stay there for another level or two before continuing progression. Most of my gear is around lv57-61 still, so I definitely need to wait and upgrade. I've done like 10 Dock runs or more and only found one item that kinda works for me lmao; everything else has been evasion or energy shield armor with some 1H swords here or there. Oh well, at least I can farm chaos too.

Lv70 now in merciless. I've been farming the Docks, might stay there for another level or two before continuing progression. Most of my gear is around lv57-61 still, so I definitely need to wait and upgrade. I've done like 10 Dock runs or more and only found one item that kinda works for me lmao; everything else has been evasion or energy shield armor with some 1H swords here or there. Oh well, at least I can farm chaos too.

You need to be farming the dried lake instead.

Welp died at 71 lmao. Being a dumbass I entered a vaal area. Boss was that cold dmg trapper octopus thing. I've been trying to fix my cold resist for days; had fire and lightning capped easily and was at 45% for chaos. Only 25 for cold. Got wrecked...

Bummed as fuck lmao. I think I'm just going to continue on a bit and try some maps before remaking this character. I have some real good leveling uniques so it won't be a big deal getting back to where I was...but god I don't want to have to do Act 3...three more times. jeez

Welp died at 71 lmao. Being a dumbass I entered a vaal area. Boss was that cold dmg trapper octopus thing. I've been trying to fix my cold resist for days; had fire and lightning capped easily and was at 45% for chaos. Only 25 for cold. Got wrecked...

Bummed as fuck lmao. I think I'm just going to continue on a bit and try some maps before remaking this character. I have some real good leveling uniques so it won't be a big deal getting back to where I was...but god I don't want to have to do Act 3...three more times. jeez

My best rip was with an EK shadow a year ago. Walked into a Vaal area with extra attack speed, boss was berserking as well. Got him low and made a comment in my head about him not being that fast. As soon as I almost finished that thought, he hit me from full to nothing in a billion hits. It was great.

Yea he had like 20% health at most. Maybe I could have just nuked it instead of trying to hide and go in/out for attacks. Bah...

Fuck it. I'm just going to re-make the character tonight.

Rufus

Just killed Atziri for the first time.

Exhilirating doesn't begin to describe it. All three boss fights were scary and all of them almost killed me. I think the trio fight is worse than Atziri though.

edit: Aaand I killed that character in a extra damage map. Died to a Revenant's revived minion exploding. I was just thinking how dangerous that is, and then I die to it. 87, half-way to 88. Oh well. Now what to play next...

Blitzhex

Fuck. Fucking ripped at 92 with around 6 and a half days /played. Was solo all the way, so wasn't as quick as I wanted to be and this was my first char in 3 years so act4 was new to me.
Ripped doing a elreon quest in a t11 map with zana mod onslaught, would never have imagined this shit to happen. I was standing still on the relic, 1 shotting all the shitty mobs, when some chickens spawned, the ones that throw bodies or w/e at you and they instagibbed me. I had no time to think let alone react, wow. Chickens are fucking op.

I was pretty sure I was going to end up dead in core map or a mess up in village ruins fight, shit. Never stand still on devos or chickens boiz.

Just killed Atziri for the first time.

Exhilirating doesn't begin to describe it. All three boss fights were scary and all of them almost killed me. I think the trio fight is worse than Atziri though.

edit: Aaand I killed that character in a extra damage map. Died to a Revenant's revived minion exploding. I was just thinking how dangerous that is, and then I die to it. 87, half-way to 88. Oh well. Now what to play next...

Trio can be a real pain. Especially of you kill out of order or are playing certain builds.

I wish I had the guts to play HC with you guys. I don't really have the time these days to commit to rerolling and losing char progress

Blitzhex

At least it wasn't a technical issue.

Yeah, you can never be mad at a death like this. Technical issues and desync are the worst, the reason I quit 3 years ago. A couple of deaths because of complete bullshit desync in the 80s. Lockstep is so good, it's the only reason I got up to level 92 this time, well game is a bit easier too right now.

Rufus

Died while leveling my Spec Throw character. Overextended on a Perandus Chest boss. That summoner asshole put me in the dumpster just before I could finish him off. I was feeling all nostalgic because I haven't played Spec Throw since Nemesis, and then he just up and whacks my poor ass out of the league. Don't play when you're tired guys. ;_;

I'm doing Crit Blade Vortex next. Never used the skill.

Died while leveling my Spec Throw character. Overextended on a Perandus Chest boss. That summoner asshole put me in the dumpster just before I could finish him off. I was feeling all nostalgic because I haven't played Spec Throw since Nemesis, and then he just up and whacks my poor ass out of the league. Don't play when you're tired guys. ;_;

I'm doing Crit Blade Vortex next. Never used the skill.

How many chars you rolled this league already?

Top Bottom