• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimWood27 said:
See also: Mike Tirico

Really surprised ESPN actually did anything about Williams Jr. as they usually dont give a fuck about credibility (also see: airing The Decision).

I never knew about that Tirico controversy. Turns out that he did the same thing that Harold Reynolds was accused of doing. Except they actually fired Harold over it.

Cyan

Banned
AlteredBeast said:
Uggghhhh. Those fans are reprehensible. I would like to think even nebraska fans would break the sellout streak if some major crap like this went down in Nebraska with Osborne or Pelini or something. I am starting to understand why people say that Penn Sts fans are terrible human beings.
You're kidding yourself if you think that they're any different from fans at any other big football school.

Sorry. :/

Lonestar said:
There's TOO many people that testified in the investigation, with identical facts laced through each victim (Bearhugs....it's going to be awhile before that imagery goes away...).

Add on that the general public knew NOTHING of this until Saturday. So there's no "False Victims" cashing in on any "15 minutes of fame."

That's a wierd point to me. We the public just hear about this now? The Grand Jury and investigation seems to have taken 2-3 years! Plus, there apparently was an investigation back in the 90's (that went nowhere...). How did NONE of this ever, EVER, hit the news???

This is what I want to know, how on Earth did it take this long for the media to find out about all of this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
CartridgeBlower said:
So what's with Matt Millen breaking down on Sportscenter about this?

He was a star player at Penn State. He's known Sandusky for decades and works on the board for Second Mile.

I'd imagine Millen was going through all kinds of emotions but mainly the battle between a man's loyalty to his family, which Penn State is, and to his own inner morality and that everything he's thought to be true about Penn State and the people he knows there has been a god damn lie.

darkside31337 said:
He was a star player at Penn State. He's known Sandusky for decades and works on the board for Second Mile.

I'd imagine Millen was going through all kinds of emotions but mainly the battle between a man's loyalty to his family, which Penn State is, and to his own inner morality and that everything he's thought to be true about Penn State and the people he knows there has been a god damn lie.
As someone who really doesn't like Millen (lifelong Detroit Lions fan) I felt really bad for him watching all those conflicting emotions all hit him at once. I don't know how I would feel if I were a Penn State alum, let alone one as well known as him.

Actually, I do know how I would feel. Outraged and embarrassed. This whole debacle is a fucking disgrace.

JimWood27 said:
As someone who really doesn't like Millen (lifelong Detroit Lions fan) I felt really bad for him watching all those conflicting emotions all hit him at once. I don't know how I would feel if I were a Penn State alum, let alone one as well known as him.

Actually, I do know how I would feel. Outraged and embarrassed. This whole debacle is a fucking disgrace.

I completely agree. It is true that a lot of people do not like Millen because of what he did to the Lions franchise but this goes way beyond football, and I can only imagine what kind of emotions he is struggling with right now. I respect that you recognized that and I hope other football fans do too because this must be a nightmare for him and the man deserves our sympathy not as a football player/gm, but as a human

Barrett2

Anybody who went to that Paterno rally should be fucking ashamed of themselves. How can you be so oblivious to reality, that you feel the need to rally around someone who covered up child rape? Good lord.

lawblob said:
Anybody who went to that Paterno rally should be fucking ashamed of themselves. How can you be so oblivious to reality, that you feel the need to rally around someone who covered up child rape? Good lord.

I just heard on Mike and Mike that there were between 1,500-2,000 people out there. I thought it was just a couple hundred people.

Novid

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
according to that article up there, two officers confirmed that the guy admitted to showering with the young boy and brought it to the district attorney who decided not to press charges. he went missing in 2005.

what the fuck. this story keeps delving deeper and deeper

I have a feeling Corbet is behind this.

Alcibiades

lawblob said:
Is there solid (not assumptions) evidence that Paterno "covered up" anything?

From my understanding, he reported to his superiors that someone claimed to be a witness to Sandusky in the shower with a kid (we don't know exactly what Paterno was told but he currently says it didn't detail the horror described in the new stories). Also keep in mind that so far there is no evidence that Paterno saw anything. Immediately alerting the person in charge of the police department doesn't seem like an attempt to cover up anything.

This is really, really despicable and hopefully a whole swarm of people end up doing time (including life for Sandusky), but there no need to scapegoat people that don't even know what occurred. He wasn't a witness, he couldn't be certain of anything. BUT - the implications (that Sandusky could be abusing boys) were obviously serious enough that he was willing to "sell-out" his long-time friend by reporting that he had been alleged of a crime by the graduate assistant. I don't see any evidence that Paterno was trying to protect Sandusky or cover up anything.

Yeah being the legend he is means he should be held to higher standards, but instead of going after someone that wasn't a witness and didn't attempt to cover up for his friend, how about going after the gym coach that saw Sandusky "wrestling" in the lock room or the wife who didn't seem to have a problem with Sandusky spending lots of time with kids alone. How about the janitor that said he saw Sandusky in the act (and yeah I feel sympathy for that guy regarding his war experiences).

This is really maddening and the fact that ANYONE stands by people that hurt kids is frustrating and sometimes you just wish that the wives and family members that never said a word would get locked up for life since they were partly responsible for Sandusky being able to get away with this (surely SOMEONE must have noticed that he was spending lots of time alone with little boys), but scapegoating Paterno seems like a bad way to react.

Ducarmel

So Paterno is only guilty of passing the responsibility and using coc to report the situation?

He only did the minimal action in the situation, I think a majority of people are like that when it comes to crimes, they will do as little as possible and try not to get to invested in the situation.

SeanR1221

Alcibiades said:

From my understanding, he reported to his superiors that someone claimed to be a witness to Sandusky in the shower with a kid (we don't know exactly what Paterno was told but he currently says it didn't detail the horror described in the new stories). Also keep in mind that so far there is no evidence that Paterno saw anything. Immediately alerting the person in charge of the police department doesn't seem like an attempt to cover up anything.

This is really, really despicable and hopefully a whole swarm of people end up doing time (including life for Sandusky), but there no need to scapegoat people that don't even know what occurred. He wasn't a witness, he couldn't be certain of anything. BUT - the implications (that Sandusky could be abusing boys) were obviously serious enough that he was willing to "sell-out" his long-time friend by reporting that he had been alleged of a crime by the graduate assistant. I don't see any evidence that Paterno was trying to protect Sandusky or cover up anything.

Yeah being the legend he is means he should be held to higher standards, but instead of going after someone that wasn't a witness and didn't attempt to cover up for his friend, how about going after the gym coach that saw Sandusky "wrestling" in the lock room or the wife who didn't seem to have a problem with Sandusky spending lots of time with kids alone. How about the janitor that said he saw Sandusky in the act (and yeah I feel sympathy for that guy regarding his war experiences).

This is really maddening and the fact that ANYONE stands by people that hurt kids is frustrating and sometimes you just wish that the wives and family members that never said a word would get locked up for life since they were partly responsible for Sandusky being able to get away with this (surely SOMEONE must have noticed that he was spending lots of time alone with little boys), but scapegoating Paterno seems like a bad way to react.

Because Paterno carries a little more weight than any of those people combined?

One word from him to the police would have meant something?

If he can live with watching Jerry bring boys around, fine, but you play with fire, you get burned.

I'm not going to be irrational and say he should be thrown in jail, but let go? Sure.

Alcibiades said:

Joe Paterno knew that something incredibly inappropriate happened between Jerry Sandusky and a boy in the Penn State locker room showers in 2002. He was the second person Mike McQueary told, after his own father. I don't buy for a second that Paterno wasn't told the extent of the abuse.

Even if Joe Paterno met his minimal legal obligations, that doesn't excuse the fact that he did NOTHING to prevent Jerry Sandusky from raping children in the Penn State football facilities. Long after the 2002 incident, Sandusky was still bringing children onto the Penn State campus, despite the supposed ban from Graham Spanier. He still had an office and keys to all of the facilities.

Paterno is not a scapegoat. There is absolutely no fucking excuse for his lack of action. He's just lucky he's not being prosecuted along with everyone else.

lawblob said:
It's truly embarrassing, and the saddest thing is that I could see it happening on any big team campus. It's a god damn vacuum where reality need not enter.

Novid

Banned
SeanR1221 said:
Because Paterno carries a little more weight than any of those people combined?

One word from him to the police would have meant something?

If he can live with watching Jerry bring boys around, fine, but you play with fire, you get burned.

I'm not going to be irrational and say he should be thrown in jail, but let go? Sure.

There is more people behind this. This should take down the whole Harisburg Appratius along with State College to boot (not the NCAA yet)

Novid

Banned
crowphoenix said:
It's truly embarrassing, and the saddest thing is that I could see it happening on any big team campus. It's a god damn vacuum where reality need not enter.
I knew a penn state alum once. too full of her self despite she had everything. Cant deal with that shit.

Novid

Banned
darkside31337 said:

if i was him i would get some folks and start shooting up the school right now. blood is the only way to clense the sins of this shit.

Gaborn

The thing that concerns me in the immediate term - why do we assume Sandusky ONLY did this outside the home and ONLY at Penn State? Did he abuse any of his 6 adopted kids? What about his foster kids? Exactly how long has any of this been going on and how many people have been hurt by this? It's natural to focus on Penn State because that's where the known attacks took place but I don't think he woke up one day and decided to abuse these kids at Penn State. That almost had to be the end of a long pattern of other incidents we don't know about yet.

Alcibiades

Ducarmel said:
So Paterno is only guilty of passing the responsibility and using coc to report the situation?

He only did the minimal action in the situation, I think a majority of people are like that when it comes to crimes, they will do as little as possible and try not to get to invested in the situation.
It isn't like chain-of-command had Paterno telling the head custodian or someone that would entail him trying to cover it up. It so happened that he told two higher ups - one of them connected to the police department. They were equipped to handle the investigation.

I do wish Paterno had been more vigilant about it, but I have yet to see any evidence that he tried to cover up anything. Yes - everyone involved could have done A LOT more. Even people that support Paterno are outraged that he and a bunch of other people (who bear direct responsibility - like witnesses) didn't do everything in their power to make sure Sandusky was stopped. I wouldn't defend not following up, but neither would I be so quick to condemn him when there were people that DID know (graduate assistant, janitor) what was going on or were in a much better position to suspect that Sandusky was a predator (wife, wrestling coach).

Maybe I'll change my mind later one but from what I've read in articles so far it sounds like knee-jerk reaction to assume Paterno was trying to cover up for Sandusky.

Novid said:
if i was him i would get some folks and start shooting up the school right now. blood is the only way to clense the sins of this shit.
No. No. This needs to be handled by the law. Not vigilantism.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
This is one huge conspiracy. Penn State, Paterno, McQueary, and so many others are finished. I won't be surprised if Paterno doesn't end up facing criminal charges when this is all said and done. People are quick to say that he did everything legally right, but there's so much that has yet to come out. He can only protect himself for so long. My prediction:

1. Even more victims will come out. I believe there were probably close to 40-50 victims total who all were abused in varying degrees. This sick f*ck had his perverted formula down to a science for over 2 decades! Fox news reported that close to 20 have come forward as of this morning.

2. He got caught at least a couple of times that we know about. Chances are those weren't the only times he got caught. All of these were covered up in one way or another. That means his friends in high places protected him and the university's image repeatedly. No charges being filed in the '98 incident, the '03 incident not going to the authorities, the DA going missing, McQueary seeing it and still coaching next to Sandusky, Paterno saying he was ignorant to the details... The truth will come out... maybe not all of it, but more than we have now. And something tells me Paterno's hands will be the dirtiest of them all, next to Sandusky... and Penn State is going to lose hundreds of millions in the next few years over this (maybe billions) and may never recover.

3. His wife, family, and close friends' lives are ruined and should be ruined because they knew or should have known what Sandusky was up to and they should have stopped him or, at the very least, distanced themselves while they had a chance. Ignorance is not bliss in this case. Pretending not to know that the old man gets his jollies from fondling or raping 10-year olds is no excuse.

SyNapSe

Alcibiades said:

There is the fact that he continued to work closely with both McQueary and Sandusky for another decade. It's not like McQueary reported that he thought Sandusky was the guy taking other people's lunches out of the fridge. You then decide to just report it up to HR, let them send out a notice to everyone and go back about life.

He's continued to work with McQueary and he's even been promoted to a coach. That implies a certain level of trust. This is the kind of charge that can ruin someone's life and career even if they are innocent. That is if someone had actually followed through on investigating the charge. You don't just forget about it. Either one of your friends and coworkers is a deranged liar out to damage another friends reputation and life or the other guy is a truly dangerous monster who you shouldn't be allowing near kids.

Paterno said that it clearly had the GA distraught and that it was of a sexual/inappropriate nature.

All of that is ignoring the assumptions you can put together from the 1998 case. If you are throwing out the '98 stuff and the person making the accusation was a complete stranger to Joe then that could possibly change the way the case looks.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
open_mouth_ said:
3. His wife, family, and close friends' lives are ruined and should be ruined because they knew or should have known what Sandusky was up to and they should have stopped him or, at the very least, distanced themselves while they had a chance. Ignorance is not bliss in this case. Pretending not to know that the old man gets his jollies from fondling or raping 10-year olds is no excuse.

Having grown up with one of his kids, I can assure you, the feeling I have towards his family is not "J'accuse!"

But thanks for the tip.

As a point of reference, McQueary probably grew up with one of the Sandusky kids too, and met Jerry on a couple of occasions if he did the "Growing Up in State College" things, like Boy Scouts or Little League. Imagine walking in on the father of your friend/classmate doing that.

Not justifyinig his reaction or inaction, just wanted to point that out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The more I think about it, the worse its going to get for Paterno and its unfortunate that this is how his career is going to end but he made those decisions

In terms of coach = university reputation, Coach K is certainly up there with Paterno. I honestly think that if this happened at Duke, it would be far worse for K in the eyes of a lot of people, Duke fans included, if he knew about something like this and did next to nothing to stop it versus if he was the actual perp. Its not just that he's a winning coach but he is supposed to promote and represent the right values of the team and the university.

Paterno's rep before this was sterling. I can imagine a lot of people in the town, from the university, in the college football community viewed him as pretty much a class act. This is so far from that now. A person that is supposed to be a class A individual and almost a physical manifestation of what people take pride in can't do the minimum when a child of all people is in danger, from someone under your authority.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
ChiTownBuffalo said:
Imagine walking in on the father of your friend/classmate doing that, doing next to nothing about it, then working next to the man for years, all the while keeping his secrets hidden away while you know there's a damn good chance he's still doing it to other little boys...

fixed.

DISGUSTING. the whole lot of 'em.

Can anyone post an accurate timeline of what happened, kinda like what tokkun did with that summary about why Paterno is culpable?

I still find it hard to believe how many people are rushing to this guy's defense. How can people who would otherwise claim covering up crimes, especially ones of this nature, support him after covering up a crime like this just because football?

Salaadin

Novid said:

I hope this is a joke. Start shooting up a school? Really man?

I understand the outrage but NOTHING good can come from shooting up a school.

Mortrialus said:
I still find it hard to believe how many people are rushing to this guy's defense. How can people who would otherwise claim covering up crimes, especially ones of this nature, support him after covering up a crime like this just because football?
Football is the main reason he is loved but its not the only reason.

For me, Im waiting until more comes out and judging him from that. As it is right now, he screwed up big time by not following through after he reported it. Im not sure where the solid evidence is that says he directly tried to cover it up but I wont judge people for thinking that way. The sad part in scandals like this is that they almost always get worse later on when more details leak and its entirely possible that Paterno had more involvement than he is admitting.

bill0527

BravesCountry said:
This is what I want to know, how on Earth did it take this long for the media to find out about all of this?

Cowherd was talking about this on ESPN radio yesterday. They had some local reporters on talking about how these rumors had been out there for years but every time they tried to investigate and talk to people about it, they would close their mouths. The people who were in the know, did a damn good job of keeping a lid on it for this long.

Barrett2

Again, this isn't something where people come to you and accuse a coworker of financial irregularities, you pass on the info, but one month later nothing comes of it so you move on. When someone strongly and definitively accuses someone of raping kids, that's not the kind of thing where one month later you think: 'well, I guess the cops didn't do anything, so there must have been no real crime.'

I suspect this will continue to unravel for a lot of people at Penn State in a really, really bad way.

Sanjuro

• 1977 -- Sandusky founds "The Second Mile."

• 1994-1997 -- According to the grand jury report, Sandusky allegedly engages in inappropriate conduct with three different boys he met separately through the Second Mile program. One boy was 7 or 8, another was 10 and the third was 12 or 13 at the time. According to the grand jury report, the now-grown men said Sandusky engaged in inappropriate conduct ranging from touching to outright sexual encounters, including several incidents during the night before Penn State football home games, when the team, staff and boys Sandusky had allegedly invited were staying at a hotel.

• 1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.

• 1999 -- Sandusky retires from Penn State after coaching there for 32 years, but stays on as a volunteer and retains full access to the campus and football facilities.

• 2000 -- Sandusky allegedly showers with a young boy and tries to touch his genitals during overnight stays at the coach's house, according to the now 24-year-old man's testimony included in the grand jury report.

• 2000 -- Tim Calhoun, a janitor at the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, tells his supervisor and another janitor that he saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a young boy, according to the grand jury report. A second janitor reported that he saw Sandusky and a boy leave a shower room and walk out of the building hand in hand. No one reports the incident to university officials or law enforcement, according to the grand jury report.

• March 2, 2002 -- According to the grand jury report, a graduate assistant allegedly tells Coach Joe Paterno that he saw Sandusky in the locker room shower the night before, performing anal sex on a young boy he estimated to be 10 years old.

• March 3, 2002 -- Paterno reports the incident to Athletic Director Tim Curley, saying the graduate assistant had seen Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy," according to the grand jury. Later, the assistant is summoned to a meeting with Athletic Director Tim Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz.

• While the assistant insists to the grand jury that he told Curley and Schultz that he saw Sandusky and the boy engaged in anal sex, Curley and Schultz told the grand jury they had not been told of such an allegation. Instead, Curley said he had the impression the conduct amounted to non-sexual "horsing around." Schultz said he couldn't remember details, but seemed to recall that "Sandusky might have inappropriately grabbed the young boy's genitals while wrestling," according to the grand jury. Sandusky's locker room keys are confiscated, he is told not to bring his Second Mile participants to campus and the incident is reported to the charity, but no law enforcement investigation is launched, according to the grand jury.

• 2002 -- The Second Mile learns of the shower incident. Curley tells them that "the information had been internally reviewed and that there was no finding of wrongdoing," the group said in a statement Monday.

• 2005 or 2006 -- Sandusky allegedly befriends another Second-Mile participant whose allegations would form the foundation of the multi-year grand jury investigation.

• 2006 or 2007 -- A wrestling coach at the high school where Sandusky was volunteering allegedly surprises Sandusky and the boy "lying on their sides, in physical contact, face to face on a mat" in a cramped weight room. Sandusky jumps to his feet and told the coach the two were just working on wrestling moves, the coach later recalls in grand jury testimony. As time goes on, Sandusky allegedly begins to spend more time with the boy, taking him to sporting events and giving him gifts, including golf clubs, a computer, cash and clothes. During this period, according to the grand jury report, Sandusky allegedly performs oral sex on the boy more than 20 times, and the boy performs oral sex on him once.

• 2008 -- The boy breaks off contact with Sandusky. Later, his mother calls the high school to report her son had been sexually assaulted and the principal bars Sandusky from campus and reports the incident to police. In grand jury testimony, the principal, Steven Turchetta, recalls Sandusky's behavior as suspicious, and said Sandusky was often "clingy" and "needy" when a student no longer wanted to spend time with him. The ensuing investigation reveals 118 calls from Sandusky's home and cell phone numbers to the boy's home.

• November 2008 -- Sandusky informs The Second Mile that he is under investigation, and he is removed from all program activities involving children, according to the group.

• September 2010 -- Sandusky retires from The Second Mile, according to the grand jury.

• November 4 2011 -- The grand jury report is released.

• November 5 2011 -- Authorities arrest Sandusky on seven counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and numerous other charges, including aggravated indecent assault, corruption of minors and endangering the welfare of a child. He is freed on $100,000 unsecured bail. Curley, 57, and Schultz, 62, are each charged with one count of felony perjury and one count of failure to report abuse allegations.

• November 5 2011 -- Curley asks for and is granted administrative leave to deal with the charges, while Schultz steps down from his post to retire.

tokkun

Alcibiades said:

According to the New York Times, the graduate assistant claims that when he met with Paterno he clearly described the incident as rape. According to the grand jury report, when Paterno met with Schultz/Curley, he described the incident as something "inappropriate" or something "sexual" in nature but said that he was not given details of what had actually happened.

Furthermore, one has to wonder what makes him think it is a better idea to go to the Athletic Director and an administrator in charge of HR that oversees the police department rather than filing an official report with an actual police detective.

Levyne

Banned
Timeline said:
In grand jury testimony, the principal, Steven Turchetta, recalls Sandusky's behavior as suspicious, and said Sandusky was often "clingy" and "needy" when a student no longer wanted to spend time with him. The ensuing investigation reveals 118 calls from Sandusky's home and cell phone numbers to the boy's home

(Regarding the victim from ~2006-2008 after losing contact with the boy)

What in the flyin...... I don't even call my parents that many times a year, this guy wanted attention from a little boy...I don't even...

I don't even want to calculate how many victims the timeline adds up..sickening

Novid said:
Then where was the law back in 1998? 2002? 2005?
I do not know. Busted? Blind? But these people do not deserve to become victims. They deserve to be brought into the light and made to stand before the people with their crimes on display. This must be done correctly because this is not situation that I have ever encountered before.

These people need to be punished, but it's the law and the people combined that need to do so. Not just one person.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
tokkun said:
According to the New York Times, the graduate assistant claims that when he met with Paterno he clearly described the incident as rape. According to the grand jury report, when Paterno met with Schultz/Curley, he described the incident as something "inappropriate" or something "sexual" in nature but said that he was not given details of what had actually happened.

Furthermore, one has to wonder what makes him think it is a better idea to go to the Athletic Director and an administrator in charge of HR that oversees the police department rather than filing an official report with an actual police detective.

Well, there were probably procedures in place where he had to report it to his higher ups.

Basically in an athletic department, a coach is technically like, middle management and the AD and other University admins are the execs.

But yeah, shoulda gone to the cops.

Sanjuro

Khold said:
(Regarding the victim from ~2006-2008 after losing contact with the boy)

What in the flyin...... I don't even call my parents that many times a year, this guy wanted attention from a little boy...I don't even...

I don't even want to calculate how many victims the timeline adds up..sickening
Reportedly there has been nine more victims that have come forward in the last couple days.

Mest30

Banned
Alcibiades said:
It isn't like chain-of-command had Paterno telling the head custodian or someone that would entail him trying to cover it up. It so happened that he told two higher ups - one of them connected to the police department. They were equipped to handle the investigation.

I do wish Paterno had been more vigilant about it, but I have yet to see any evidence that he tried to cover up anything. Yes - everyone involved could have done A LOT more. Even people that support Paterno are outraged that he and a bunch of other people (who bear direct responsibility - like witnesses) didn't do everything in their power to make sure Sandusky was stopped. I wouldn't defend not following up, but neither would I be so quick to condemn him when there were people that DID know (graduate assistant, janitor) what was going on or were in a much better position to suspect that Sandusky was a predator (wife, wrestling coach).

Maybe I'll change my mind later one but from what I've read in articles so far it sounds like knee-jerk reaction to assume Paterno was trying to cover up for Sandusky.

Ok, let's assume JoePa was not trying to cover anything up and he acted in good faith when reporting the incident to his superiors. That does not negate the fact that JoePa knee that the 'investigation' amounted to nothing and he took no other course of action after realizing nothing happened. Look, this isn't your typical college sports booster scandal. Kids were raped and scarred for life. Id bet my dick that if the victim was one of JoePa's kids he would have taken a much different approach, and whatever approach that would have been should have been the same thing he should have done in this case. I can only assume that most of the people defending JoePa don't have kids of there own. Having kids changed your outlook on everything. Your life revolves around them now, not you. I would fucking kill somebody if they raped my son, Damn the consequences. It's hard just typing that. To think that this mother fucked didnt do all he could to protect the innocence of a child is disgusting. He just didn't give a fuck. That's what is disturbing. It's not that, 'oh, he did the minimum required by law, he's good'. It's that he didn't do enough to make sure justice was served and to protect kids in the future. How many kids were raped after the 2002 incident? Every one that was is a direct result of JoePa and many other peoples lack of doing shit. How would you sleep at night if you did the bare minimum and as a result, other kids were raped? I imagine you would be scarred for life to. And if that's the case, how can you or anyone else defend this fuck? Knowing that his lack of action directly resulted in the rape of a child? I'll say it once more because it should drainage with any decent human being. What would you think of JoePa if it was your 8 year old boy getting a dick stuck up his ass? Imagine your sons fear. His tears. His pain. Him crying for it to be over. Would you still think Joe did enough? Fucking disgusting.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Damn, what a way to go. At least Bobby Bowden left FSU with a bowl win and a decent team for Jimbo.

Sure, he had to forfeit wins for some scandal, but still..

quaere

Keep in mind there is a lot of money here if Penn State is found liable. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a couple false claimants.

tokkun

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Reportedly there has been nine more victims that have come forward in the last couple days.

You are probably mistaken. A 9th victim came forward (one more than the 8 in the grand jury report).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom