• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
After seeing the mobs and mobs of crouds at YT dealing with this shit im just about to go ganster up in here.

Look, this shit is foul. And the fact Tommy Corbet was the AG and one of his underlings die investgating this case raises the big fucking red flag.

Trust me Joesph KNEW. Motherfucka knew that the whole shabang was front for Sandusky's selfhatred of womenhood. Second what ever the fuck name is. And each and every one of those crackers need to be investagated. Today. Not next week. Not 5 weeks from now. TOFUCKINGDAY.

I need somebody from the US Department of Education to do a Just Cause investagaton on Penn State, open the fucking books and carpet bomb these prissy ass bitches who want to make a mockery of our republic when those kids go out in support of a man who held the worse type of human being every made manfest. And if even one thing looks out of place once they open these books - rip them to shreds. No more NCAA, BCS, ESPN, CBS/TURNER song and dance. Thats a privlage to be on MY TV set fighting for a National Championship!

And all these students out there supporting this dude, these fuckers... I will never even consider you folk as human beings. Your better off working for brazzers being raped for money - then you see how it feels. You fuckers deserve to have your privates cut off and sent to field where you can pluck fruit for the rest of your life without pay.

And as for Harrisburg? They all need to be impeched, Tommy Corbet on down because they were in power when this went down. SO FUCK THEM.

gutshot

Devolution said:
Letting a known child abuser stay in your employ/not outing him knowing he has access to future victims makes you a despicable fucking person. Where do you set your bar at exactly.

He didn't let him stay in his employ.

EDIT: See above timeline.

claviertekky said:
Even though Paterno didn't do anything wrong (or whatever people view his actions of the situation), Paterno is guilty by association with the school.

Very sad how this situation is unfolding.

Excuse my cynicism for a bit but it's par for the course when it comes to money, power and cowardice. Abuse just gets ignored or hushed up.

Dude Abides said:
There seems to be a bit of confusion about the sequence of events:

Mid-late 1990s - Sandusky doing a lot of child molesting. No evidence anyone at PSU knows about it, although people have claimed there were rumors.

1998 - Police investigate allegation w/r/t one particular victim, investigation dropped for unclear reasons. No evidence in GJ report that Paterno knew about this, on the other hand, seems implausible that Paterno, King of State College, would not get wind of it.

1999 - Sandusky resigns unexpectedly. No longer employed by Penn State, but continues to be affiliated with the university personally and through his "charity" focused on young boys.

2002 - Sandusky rapes kid in Penn State locker room. McQueary sees it, tells Paterno. Paterno tells Curley. Curley tells Schultz. Schultz and Curley meet with McQueary, tell Spanier about their meeting. Nothing happens except Sandusky is instructed not to take bring kids onto PSU campus.

2002-2011 - Sandusky continues to hang around the program, continues to bring kids into facilities despite ostensible "ban."

In 2002 why the fuck were the authorities not involved at this point? Ugh.

Devolution said:
I wish everyone who knew would get charged with something to throw their ass in prison too. Fuckers were complicit in future rapes/sexual harassment since they knew what he had done.
Yep. I'm not sure how anyone who knew found it acceptable that this person continued to walk around freely...AND CONTINUE TO HOLD CAMPS FOR LITTLE BOYS!

I just...that shit should be criminal. I don't know if it is, but Christ...how can grown men who are assembled for the goal of turning boys into men of honor...at a University purposed with building youth for the betterment of mankind also be men who turn an apathetic eye to boys being sexually abused over the course of years?

I just...I can't.

To me, it's like the rhetorical Biblical question, "Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same stream?" (James 2: something, something). In the same way, how am I supposed to accept that these diametrically opposed realities were present within the same people and program? It's blowing my fucking mind so much, I've decided to stop meditating on it. It's only yielding anger and frustration.

JGS

Banned
Salaadin said:
The inconistency in what McQueary told Paterno and what Paterno told Curley.
According to the report, McQueary told Paterno "what he saw". McQueary saw anal rape. So if he didnt lie in the grand jury report, that means McQueary told Paterno that he saw Sandusky anally raping a boy.

But when Paterno told Curley, he said "inappropriate behavior, fondling, something sexual in nature" (not sure if those are the exact words). So the thing that people are harping on about yet is why did Paterno not say "anal rape" if he was specificially told it was anal rape. It gives the impression that he downplayed it regardless of whether or not that was his intention...it still gives off that impression.

Knowing Curleys involvement now, Im not sure it mattered what Paterno said since we now know that Curley told Schulz and the two of them met directly with McQueary so they should have been made fully aware of what happened. But thats when the whole thing stopped.

Thats when you start to question why Paterno or McQueary didnt approach Curley/Schulz after Sandusky was still creeping around.
Paterno's comments could have covered anything and I assumed at this point that Curly was lying anyway.

McCreary is the one I don't understand, but either one of them could have followed up, but that wouldn't mean much beyond taking the information and dealing with it. If I were McCreary, who directly saw the sex occuring, I likely would have went out on my own - unless threatened. I don't think Paterno is under that same duty nor would it hold the same weight.

I don't mean to beat up on McCreary considering how much he may have had to lose if trying to go against his bosses. Hwever, I can't help but to find his behaviour the most reprehensible.

Cyan

Banned
Novid said:
And all these students out there supporting this dude, these fuckers... I will never even consider you folk as human beings.
I know that feel, bro.

But seriously. Turning off your brain and going out in support of the group is quintessentially human.

Sanjuro

JGS said:
Well, the report doesn't say Paterno did anything wrong. It actually states that despite him and McCreary doing the right thing, the others did not follow the law. Joe did follow the law (not just the school's).
If you read it carefully it absolutely does.

Paterno learns about rape, anal sex.
Paterno forwards that to his superiors.
Paterno has a meeting with Curley and Schultz where they blur the line between rape and "horsing around in the shower"

Now here we are today.

Novid said:
After seeing the mobs and mobs of crouds at YT dealing with this shit im just about to go ganster up in here.

Look, this shit is foul. And the fact Tommy Corbet was the AG and one of his underlings die investgating this case raises the big fucking red flag.

Trust me Joesph KNEW. Motherfucka knew that the whole shabang was front for Sandusky's selfhatred of womenhood. Second what ever the fuck name is. And each and every one of those crackers need to be investagated. Today. Not next week. Not 5 weeks from now. TOFUCKINGDAY.

I need somebody from the US Department of Education to do a Just Cause investagaton on Penn State, open the fucking books and carpet bomb these prissy ass bitches who want to make a mockery of our republic when those kids go out in support of a man who held the worse type of human being every made manfest. And if even one thing looks out of place once they open these books - rip them to shreds. No more NCAA, BCS, ESPN, CBS/TURNER song and dance. Thats a privlage to be on MY TV set fighting for a National Championship!

And all these students out there supporting this dude, these fuckers... I will never even consider you folk as human beings. Your better off working for brazzers being raped for money - then you see how it feels. You fuckers deserve to have your privates cut off and sent to field where you can pluck fruit for the rest of your life without pay.

And as for Harrisburg? They all need to be impeched, Tommy Corbet on down because they were in power when this went down. SO FUCK THEM.
Damn. Indeed, you just went HAM. I ain't even mad, though. It's pretty hard to overreact to the actions at Penn State from 1998-2011. Why even allow this person employment if there was a *hint* of questionable behavior? Let alone a HISTORY of it (questions if nothing else). LET HIM GO in 1998. He should have been gone then.

Dude Abides said:
That is the million dollar question.
Trust, it will cost Penn State much more than a million dollars to answer that question, when it's all said and done.

JGS said:
Paterno's comments could have covered anything and I assumed at this point that Curly was lying anyway.

McCreary is the one I don't understand, but either one of them could have followed up, but that wouldn't mean much beyond taking the information and dealing with it. If I were McCreary, who directly saw the sex occuring, I likely would have went out on my own - unless threatened. I don't think Paterno is under that same duty nor would it hold the same weight.

I don't mean to beat up on McCreary considering how much he may have had to lose if trying to go against his bosses. Hwever, I can't help but to find his behaviour the most reprehensible.

Right behind the rapist and then the jackholes who did nothing ... yeah ... he's the most reprehensible. That still doesn't give JoePA an out. Both Joe and McCreary should have had the character to follow up in the many years after 2002. Joe is given more heat about it since that's what he's supposed to be built of ... character.

C Jones

Is anyone buying that JoePa knew nothing of the 1998 investigation? That's one of the many things I want him to answer for. How does Mr Penn State not know about that?

gutshot

Devolution said:
Is this a response? Is this your answer to the victims after 2002? What the fuck dude seriously.

Well that is literally what happened. And I sincerely hope that all three of those indicted go to prison for what they did.

Dude Abides

Banned
gutshot said:
Because people committed a crime and are now going to be on trial for it.

FYI Curley and Schultz are charged with lying to the grand jury only, not failing to report the incident. The only person being charged for the 2002 events is Sandusky.

Dreams-Visions said:
I'm trying to imagine NOT asking why the fuck this dude wasn't fired if I was JoePa. I just can't. Not for someone like Joe, who has dedicated his career to building boys into men of character. It's such a betrayal of that basic concept, I can't even resolve these 2 realities I'm confronted with in this scandal in my simple mind today.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

InertiaXr

CyReN said:
Is the game going to be televised this weekend? Curious of the reaction.

Nebraska at Penn State 12pm est on ESPN. Should be national since both teams are ranked, ESPN website doesn't list any other games as on ESPN at the same time.

gutshot

Dude Abides said:
FYI Curley and Schultz are charged with lying to the grand jury only, not failing to report the incident. The only person being charged for the 2002 events is Sandusky.

I'm pretty sure they have been charged with both.

From the initial AP article: "The case took on added dimension Saturday when perjury charges were announced against Tim Curley, Penn State's athletic director, and Gary Schultz, vice president for finance and business. They were also accused of failing to alert police and other agencies - as required by state law - of their investigation of the allegations."

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I mentioned this before. I don't agree with his ultimate judgement call, but McCeary was not in a power position of any sort.

I guess a similar scenario would be if you are a non-union bagger at a grocery store and you saw your manager fuck a underage female employee. You step in and try and do something about it, you're fired. The alternate is you bring it up to your DM or upper management there is still a probability you will end up canned.

It's McCeary's rise in position since the events which is the sickening part. That is where any sort of opinion on him falters.

I understand that, that he had no power and found himself in the middle of an awful situation. It still bothers me, maybe more than any other aspect in regards to the "co-conspirators" The kid saw him, knew that HE knew what was happening and left him there.

It makes me feel a little hollow.

truly101 said:
I understand that, that he had no power and found himself in the middle of an awful situation. It still bothers me, maybe more than any other aspect in regards to the "co-conspirators" The kid saw him, knew that HE knew what was happening and left him there.

It makes me feel a little hollow.
+1

Dude Abides

Banned
gutshot said:
I'm pretty sure they have been charged with both.

From the initial AP article: "The case took on added dimension Saturday when perjury charges were announced against Tim Curley, Penn State's athletic director, and Gary Schultz, vice president for finance and business. They were also accused of failing to alert police and other agencies - as required by state law - of their investigation of the allegations."

You may be ight. It's not entirely clear from the report (p. 12). It says that it should have been reported, but it actually doesn't specify by whom - it may actually be against the University or Spanier. Sadly it appears it's only misdemeanor as well.

Baby Milo said:
a really really really small part of me feels bad for Sandusky because he will be killed for this shit

fuck this. it's time for me to leave the thread before I say something I'll regret. I'll come back later.

*throws up hands*

If I could offer a universe of facepalms and edible dicks, I'd offer them humbly to you. But I don't, so I won't.

JGS

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
If you read it carefully it absolutely does.

Paterno learns about rape, anal sex.
Paterno forwards that to his superiors.
Paterno has a meeting with Curley and Schultz where they blur the line between rape and "horsing around in the shower"

Now here we are today.
Paterno didn't say horsing around in the shower (I can't copy and paste the link) & I couldn't see where he agreed with that term. he just didn't call the inappropriate sexual behaviour anal sex as if that really matters except at sentencing time. So Paterno was a credible witness. It doesn't say anything else in contrast to

You can't play down sexual conduct with a minor.

As soon as Curly indicated that he felt no one told him it was serious, that was clearly the sign that he was the one lying as both paterno & McCreary felt it serious enough to deal within the first place.

Sanjuro

The fact Paterno still has a job shows how corrupt and twisted the Penn State system really is. Any other school with a lesser coach would have been addressed and terminated immediately. This is really unbelievable.

JGS said:
Paterno didn't say horsing around in the shower (I can't copy and paste the link) & I couldn't see where he agreed with that term. he just didn't call the inappropriate sexual behaviour anal sex as if that really matters except at sentencing time. So Paterno was a credible witness. It doesn't say anything else in contrast to

As soon as Curly indicated that he felt no one told him it was serious, that was clearly the sign that he was the one lying as both paterno & McCreary felt it serious enough to deal within the first place.
As soon as that happened Paterno could have acted upon it.

andycapps

Novid said:

I don't support anyone that supports Paterno or Sandusky, and I don't support anyone that uses the term "crackers." Congrats on the ban.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
The fact Paterno still has a job shows how corrupt and twisted the Penn State system really is. Any other school with a lesser coach would have been addressed and terminated immediately. This is really unbelievable.
+1

okay, I really am out for awhile this time. gotta compose myself. I think I'll listen to some Jimmy Hendrix or something.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
The fact Paterno still has a job shows how corrupt and twisted the Penn State system really is. Any other school with a lesser coach would have been addressed and terminated immediately.
And being allowed to "retire" at the end of the season...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why is it that adults who work in college sports use the term "horseplay" to describe sexual assault?

Is this in a handbook somewhere?

Rape? Horseplay
Assault? Horseplay
Violation? Horseplay

Baby Milo

Dreams-Visions said:

fuck this. it's time for me to leave the thread before I say something I'll regret. I'll come back later.

*throws up hands*

If I could offer a universe of facepalms and edible dicks, I'd offer them humbly to you. But I don't, so I won't.
its tiny bro its like .00001%

Sandusky is the most certain guy to get killed in prison since Earl Krugel

BeautifulMemory said:
And being allowed to "retire" at the end of the season...
No no, that's just what HE wants to do. The people in position to boot him simply haven't met yet.

They can kick his ass out tonight if the board deems it so. And yes, the Board should be cancelling their schedules to meet ASAP to terminate him. No Joe, you don't get to go out when YOU want to.

/reallyAmOutNow.

Baby Milo said:
its tiny bro its like .00001%
the man molested children for 20+ years.

I'm gonna need you to meditate on that and what it means for the boys who's lives he's affected, and trusts he broke along the way.

george_us

BertramCooper said:
It reminds me of the blind devotion of the Tressel loyalists.

Only ten million times worse, given the nature of the transgressions.
Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Lying to an already corrupt organization about fucking tattoos is far, far, FAR less egregious than covering for a man who has been raping children for decades.

You're a fucking moron to even mention the two in the same sentence.

Cyan

Banned
Joe Shlabotnik said:
GAF authorities more competent than Penn State authorities confirmed.
Nailed it!

george_us said:
Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Lying to an already corrupt organization about fucking tattoos is far, far, FAR less egregious than covering for a man who has been raping children for decades.

Get a grip, dude. He said exactly what you said.

andycapps

OuterWorldVoice said:
Why is it that adults who work in college sports use the term "horseplay" to describe sexual assault?

Is this in a handbook somewhere?

Rape? Horseplay
Assault? Horseplay
Violation? Horseplay

Because it's male and male. If it were male on female, it'd be called what it is, rape. This is something our society finds very taboo. It also involves underage kids, so it's doubly taboo to discuss for what it is.

george_us said:

Relax, bro. There are no "fucking morons" here, and Betram is certainly not a "moron" of any grade. Me thinks you absorbed that the wrong way entirely.

gutshot

Have any of you guys watched Capturing the Friedmans? It details the witch hunt that occurs with these types of child molestation cases. I see many similarities between it and the current situation.

Sanjuro

gutshot said:
Have any of you guys watched Capturing the Friedmans? It details the witch hunt that occurs with these types of child molestation cases. I see many similarities between it and the current situation.
Really?

Dreams-Visions said:
No no, that's just what HE wants to do. The people in position to boot him simply haven't met yet.

They can kick his ass out tonight if the board deems it so. And yes, the Board should be cancelling their schedules to meet ASAP to terminate him. No Joe, you don't get to go out when YOU want to.

I thought his speach this morning sounded more like a request to Penn State. More like a "please let me finish and retire at end of year". I doubt he'll be coaching this weekend.

Baby Milo said:
Sandusky is the most certain guy to get killed in prison since Earl Krugel
I doubt it...but even if so, will a single fuck be given?

He's an unrepentant child-molester FACING 40 COUNTS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE.

40!

If we could just bury him in the desert now, I would prefer that option. Why would you even waste your life energy looking for a way to feel sorry for this sonofabitch?

No, don't even answer. I don't want to know. I've wasted more energy on this vein of conversation than I should have ever.

Fenderputty said:
I thought his speach this morning sounded more like a request to Penn State. More like a "please let me finish and retire at end of year". I doubt he'll be coaching this weekend.
If he's coaching TOMORROW, I'll be disappointed. If he finishes the year...well, my opinion of PSU doesn't matter anyway. But "shocked", "scum", "diabolical", and "pieces of shit" would be fairly descriptive words to articulate my position on that University.

Barrett2

Baby Milo said:
a really really really small part of me feels bad for Sandusky because he will be killed for this shit

If you don't want to be murdered in prison.... don't torture tons of kids???

Dude Abides

Banned
JGS said:

Yes, you can. You can characterize anal rape as a fleeting bit of inappropriate grab-ass and it will also matter at sentencing time.

My suspicion is the AG doesn't want a full-on war with Paterno's fanbase and there was a decision made not to go too hard after him.

Hari Seldon

Dreams-Visions said:

There are three people above Joe Paterno at Penn State. Two of them are on trial for criminal charges, and the 3rd is going to get fired by the board *after publicly supporting the other two*.

Out of everyone involved, Joe Paterno is easily the least guilty person. He didn't directly witness it, he reported it per the law, and he wasn't in charge of any of the people involved. The only thing questionable about Joe Paterno is that he didn't follow through and see why the higher ups stonewalled everything.

Baby Milo

lawblob said:
If you don't want to be murdered in prison.... don't torture tons of kids???
i just wanted to jokingly point out the guy won't last long in prison. that didn't come across well.

im not here to argue with people i agree with

Hari Seldon

Holy shite: from Ben Jones twitter "Very reliable source: Spanier was the one who called the NYT to make false claims about Joe's status."

Hari Seldon said:
The only thing questionable about Joe Paterno is that he didn't follow through and see why the higher ups stonewalled everything.

From 2002 until 2011. While Sandusky was on campus no less. With Children. He deserves to be fired.

Hari Seldon said:
Holy shite: from Ben Jones twitter "Very reliable source: Spanier was the one who called the NYT to make false claims about Joe's status."
da fuck?

Fenderputty said:
From 2002 until 2011. While Sandusky was on campus no less. With Children. He deserves to be fired.
was gonna say this. instead I'll just offer a +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom