• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Ken Masters said:
football>>>kids getting raped
Where's the last Penn State game? At College Station? The should look into canceling it if riots do occur. I can only imagine the shitstorm if the game goes on.

SolidSnakex said:
A rumor came out late last night/early this morning suggesting that Sandusky was running a child sex ring. That's currently being investigated.

Dude wat?

Like someone on twitter said...dude needs to leave earth.

holy shit

Talamius

NeoUltima said:
I don't buy him feeling "devastated" and "full of regret".

He had years to turn that scumbag in.

This, a million times this. He is only sorry he got caught. Where has this regret been for the years since?

Joe Paterno has turned out to be quite the scumbag. Obviously not as bad as Sandusky, but he covered up and enabled this behavior for years.

Also, McQueary should be sitting in a jail cell. How is he not an accessory?

Hari Seldon

SolidSnakex said:
A rumor came out late last night/early this morning suggesting that Sandusky was running a child sex ring. That's currently being investigated.

With the amount of cover up involving high ranking officials such as the AD and VP of the university, over something that they could have investigated in 2002 and had virtually no backlash against the university, it wouldn't surprise me if one or both were part of this sex ring.

bionic77

NeoUltima said:
I don't buy him feeling "devastated" and "full of regret".

He had years to turn that scumbag in.
What do you think he feels?

Sad situation all around. Knowing that it was Joe Pa's program is probably one of the most shocking things we will ever see in sports.

Salaadin

bigtroyjon said:
Huh?
Cops investigated the 98 incident and the DA decided he didn't have enough evidence for whatever reason. The police were not notified about the 02 incident.
Wasn't schulz the head of campus police at the time when he was notified in 02?

I disagree with people saying the actual football program should be shut down. All the assholes have been dealt with or will be dealt with. No need to punish the students.

MIMIC

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

Oh my fucking goodness. Is it even being hinted that these rumors are credible because that is just so overwhelmingly disgusting and tragic.

Godslay said:
Thanks for the reply. I can understand the firing and it makes sense to clean house. From what it sounds like, all Paterno had to do was follow up and make sure that business was taken care of and events reached a conclusion. I understand as a coach he most likely had very little involvement in the HR aspect of things, but Sandusky was his coordinator and would be tied to him. I'm surprised he just didn't fire him and move on. Hell in most places you don't even need a reason to fire someone.

I think the safe bet would have been to fire Sandusky and if he turns out innocent face any wrongful termination lawsuit. If he's guilty then children are protected, the program continues on, and the garbage is removed.

Sandusky wasn't an employee at the time of the 2002 incident. He retired in the year following the 1998 incident (Paterno not directly involved with that and claims to have no knowledge of it).

He has, however, had free rein of the campus and facilities up until last week.

Godslay

Banned
Ken Masters said:
football>>>kids getting raped

Sadly enough this might be true in some people's minds.

What I think that they need to realize is that even though Paterno did not molest the children himself, not following through by everyone who knew of Sandusky's assaults makes them part of the problem.

It is a good example of if you are not part of the solution you are the part of the problem.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Sandusky wasn't an employee at the time of the 2002 incident. He retired in the year following the 1998 incident (Paterno not directly involved with that and claims to have no knowledge of it).

He has, however, had free rein of the campus and facilities up until last week.

Thanks for the clarification. Even so I think my post above still carries weight whether or not he was employed after the incident.

NervousXtian said:
Yeah, because punishing all the kids who are just playing football is the absolute fair thing to do.

My god, really?

your mentality is the exactly what the board of Penn State will use to avoid anything being brought down against them

sorry to break it to you, but again, in terms of importance, football<<<covering up raping of kids. NCAA has to punish them like SMU's death penalty, and SMU was just paying kids to play football for them, not raping kids in the shower

Levyne

Banned
Ad3HKlDCEAEkRcp.jpg

For those laying in bed or whatnot and only really following this through this thread.

Hari Seldon

Ken Masters said:
your mentality is the exactly what the board of Penn State will use to avoid anything being brought down against them

sorry to break it to you, but again, in terms of importance, football<<<covering up raping of kids. NCAA has to punish them like SMU's death penalty, and SMU was just paying kids to play football for them, not raping kids in the shower

The only credible thing the NCAA could do would be to allow all current players free transfers to any university, since none of the players were involved in this.

Anyone catch the press conference where one of the homer media shit heads asked the guy something along the lines of "Is is true this was the prefect opportunity for you guys to kick Joe Pa out because you guys have been trying to kick him out since 2004 when Penn wasn't wining enough games?". He seriously was using fanboy forum conspiracy talk as being more legit then this rape case.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ken Masters said:
Finally, someone gets it. The NCAA has a long and storied history of enforcing not only its own holy mandates, but also the laws of the secular governments under which its institutions are forced to labor in order to put on a gladiatorial spectacle for the American lower class each Saturday during the fall months.

If the NCAA fails to execute Penn State, then it will be violating its own precedent, and we all know that the NCAA is nothing if not consistent in the application of its laws.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bigtroyjon said:
Huh?
Cops investigated the 98 incident and the DA decided he didn't have enough evidence for whatever reason. The police were not notified about the 02 incident.
Implied the VP in charge of the campus police and was "notified" in 2002, should start the ball rolling.

But really, most blame I have, besides the obvious, is the cops/DA in 98. How? Why? A confession of inappropriate relations, and you do NOTHING? You're the fucking justice system! Do something that resembles Justice! Should never have gotten to 2002, 2007, 2011.

Hari Seldon

Lonestar said:
Implied the VP in charge of the campus police and was "notified" in 2002, should start the ball rolling.

But really, most blame I have, besides the obvious, is the cops/DA in 98. How? Why? A confession of inappropriate relations, and you do NOTHING? You're the fucking justice system! Do something that resembles Justice! Should never have gotten to 2002, 2007, 2011.

Exactly. Everyone wants to blame Joe Paterno and college football, but if the cops and DA do their fucking job it never gets that far.

Godslay

Banned
mre said:
Finally, someone gets it. The NCAA has a long and storied history of enforcing not only its own holy mandates, but also the laws of the secular governments under which its institutions are forced to labor in order to put on a gladiatorial spectacle for the American lower class each Saturday during the fall months.

If the NCAA fails to execute Penn State, then it will be violating its own precedent, and we all know that the NCAA is nothing if not consistent in the application of its laws.

This is unnecessary. All classes enjoy football. It really does unite people in the U.S. in my opinion.

NeoUltima

TangMeng said:
These students are making me feel embarrassed for being a young person.
To be fair. They're college kids. They are just out there because everyone else is. They'll find a way to make a party out of anything.
Just look on ESPN, half those kids are smiling.

Khold said:
https://p.twimg.com/Ad3HKlDCEAEkRcp.jpg[IMG]

For those laying in bed or whatnot and only really following this through this thread.[/QUOTE]You've gotta be kidding me. What idiots--Have they even considered that they're essentially rioting against the punishment of child rape?

Godslay said:
This is unnecessary. All classes enjoy football. It really does unite people in the U.S. in my opinion.

How is it unnecessary? it's the harsh reality, and in terms of unification it only unites the fans of a particular team and further divides everyone else

but this is extremely off topic

Levyne

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
You've gotta be kidding me. What idiots--Have they even considered that this looks like they're rioting against the punishment of child rape?

No one wants to be the guy who can't say "I was there"

That would be like, square and shit.

(It's so fucking stupid, yes)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Godslay said:
I took a solemn vow to only tell the truth. I'm sorry that it offends.

effzee

Fuck everyone involved.

Holy shit I just caught up on the allegations and things done.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom