• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sandusky had 6 adopted children? Come on man, there's no way a pedo that would rape a 10 year old in a public shower didn't molest those kids.

Cubsfan23

Banned
just found this

The Pennsylvania NOW branch flayed Paterno, Curley and Spanier in 2003 after a football player accused of sexual assault was allowed to play in a bowl game.

dojokun

Banned
Cubsfan23 said:
just found this

The Pennsylvania NOW branch flayed Paterno, Curley and Spanier in 2003 after a football player accused of sexual assault was allowed to play in a bowl game.
Was he convicted? Frankly I'm not in favor of punishing people for just being accused.

xbhaskarx

Dreams-Visions said:
You know what's wild to think about?

Joe Paterno will NEVER been involved with anything related to Penn State University ever again. Not helping recruit. Not officially advising coaches. Not a damn thing.

Crazy

Also wild to think about: Paterno didn't go to the police when told about a kid being raped in a shower by someone who worked for him.

MIMIC said:
It's such a shame how such a storied legacy comes crumbling down after an abominable scandal. I mean, damn.
Also a shame the kids who were raped while the child molester remained free for a decade after Penn State administration found out.

But yeah back to the important stuff, a coach and a college football program...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Cubsfan23 said:
just found this

Not exactly taken out of context, but totally blown out of proportion. Nothing at all to do with this case.

5uOY2.jpg

I'm sure it's been discussed on this thread, but they had a mural of Penn State greats and he was in it... now he has been painted over with an empty chair with a blue ribbon in it.

Levyne

Banned
"..Please respect the university, its property, all that we value..." -Joe Pa

Gregg Doyel
There goes a street sign. College Avenue. Snapped off its pole by some brave hero. Idiot.

SIDavidEpstein David Epstein
Penn state students just flipped a news satellite truck

Good job students

vas_a_morir said:
5uOY2.jpg

I'm sure it's been discussed on this thread, but they had a mural of Penn State greats and he was in it... now he has been painted over with an empty chair with a blue ribbon in it.
Holy shit, that fast?

That's actually kind of insane.

Tron 2.0

vas_a_morir said:
5uOY2.jpg

Who is "he?" Sandusky? Paterno? Jesus?

markatisu

Holy Shit, where is this kind of outrage over real issues in America. Apparently to get the youth of America to mobilize you just need to fire a college football coach

SerArthurDayne said:
I had difficulty figuring it out, but I believe that is actually Sandusky being painted out.

Paterno statute- staying or going?

lol, yeah. I didn't mean Paterno was getting painted out. I don't think that should happen. It was Sandusky.

EDIT: Lol, he forgot to paint over what appears to be his fingers on the next chair. Must be just the top of the chair. It looks like his (Sandusky, guys) arm is on the next chair.

xbhaskarx

"I'm out of it... maybe."

Who has embarrassed themselves the most tonight?

-the "reporters" asking questions at the news conference
-the Penn State students out in the streets
-Paterno

Pollux

markatisu said:
Holy Shit, where is this kind of outrage over real issues in America. Apparently to get the youth of America to mobilize you just need to fire a college football coach
college football is kinda a big deal.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Knux-Future said:
Damn that's some gangsta ass shit.

Sent him a letter with a phone number to call that told him he's done.

goddam
hey, Paterno was just doing what he knows - following the chain of command.

Sanjuro

Paterno was given a mysterious envelope with two numbers to call.

He called the number and was fired.

What was the other number? Raiders head coaching job?

Cubsfan23

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
"I'm out of it... maybe."

Who has embarrassed themselves the most tonight?

-the "reporters" asking questions at the news conference
-the Penn State students out in the streets
-Paterno

still going with rick perry

xbhaskarx

scorcho said:
wait, there are victims in this case besides Paterno?
Paterno was made a scapegoat and disrespected by not being allowed to coach for the rest of the year and being dismissed by phone.

The program is without its veteran coach.

The football players have lost their iconic leader.

That's pretty much the full list I think.

Ozone

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Paterno was given a mysterious envelope with two numbers to call.

He called the number and was fired.

What was the other number? Raiders head coaching job?
One number would get him fired, the other would have saved his job.

He chose poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom