• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said quite a bit on this subject over the past 4 days, so I have 3 things to say that aren't things I've said hundreds of times already.

1: I feel horrible for the victims who are watching this and thinking to themselves, "Wait a minute, I got molested by a mistake of a human being, and they're rioting because an old man lost his job?"

2: Thank God they fired Paterno.

3: Every person in support of Paterno is an idiot. Quadruple if you're rioting in support of him.

4: Everyone who hasn't read the Grand Jury Presentment and is posting in this topic should stop posting in this topic until they read it, cover to cover. It's disgusting, but you'll know what you're talking about, and you'll suddenly put everything into perspective.

MIMIC

Banned
Oh. My. God.

They flipped over a news van

116ui5v.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yes, yes, tug on the news van's satellite tower in full view of a hundred cameras and without covering your face!

tralfazz

If I had a kid and saw him around that van, I wouldn't say a word to them. On their next visit home, the second they walked in the door, I'd backhand them across the face.

nns3d

Ugh, my friends on facebook who are talking about this are saying how great of a coach this guy is, but reading this thread is like night and day.

ViewtifulJC said:
I've said quite a bit on this subject over the past 4 days, so I have 3 things to say that aren't things I've said hundreds of times already.

1: I feel horrible for the victims who are watching this and thinking to themselves, "Wait a minute, I got molested by a mistake of a human being, and they're rioting because an old man lost his job?"

2: Thank God they fired Paterno.

3: Every person in support of Paterno is an idiot. Quadruple if you're rioting in support of him.

4: Everyone who hasn't read the Grand Jury Presentment and is posting in this topic should stop posting in this topic until they read it, cover to cover. It's disgusting, but you'll know what you're talking about, and you'll suddenly put everything into perspective.

Very true, it's necessary because some people may be confused by the accusations; this is just molestation/fondling, there are allegations of brutal rape on children, as young as 10 years old. Sodomy, oral sex - let's be real here. It's disturbing to say the least, no words can describe it. Colin Cowherd said it "If Joe Paterno cared, you cared...It was a culture of coverup at Penn St." Joe, the Humanitarian...pfft, that statue should be torn down.

Pollux

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So, Penn State getting the Death Penalty from the NCAA is 100% right? Or does it not have the balls?
You really think the NCAA is going to do ANYTHING????

They're not going to do a damn thing.

mre

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So, Penn State getting the Death Penalty from the NCAA is 100% right? Or does it not have the balls?
The NCAA doesn't have the authority to give Penn State the death penalty. However, Mark Emmert has announced that the committee on infractions is considering seeking the death penalty specifically against Paterno.

mre

whytemyke said:
You guys really have me nervous with those Sports by Brooks tweets...
Dude... simma down, now.
mre said:
For the record, Brooks Melchior doesn't have any sources that the rest of us don't. He pretty much just reads message boards and then posts the "inside info" that he gets. Just in case some of you aren't familiar with him, I wanted to give you fair warning before you started posting more of his tweets.

https://twitter.com/#!/ScottPaterno/status/134284944179597312

Looks like they are going to run everything through a PR firm? That was posted quite awhile ago so they likely knew what was coming.

mre said:
The NCAA doesn't have the authority to give Penn State the death penalty. However, Mark Emmert has announced that the committee on infractions is considering seeking the death penalty specifically against Paterno.

So they could only stop Paterno from coaching again or something? Covering up child rape and potentially child sex rings from many members in your organization because of your football program is probably the #1 reason not to deserve a football program.

zmoney said:
haha at the cops blasting them in the face with mace. fucking idiot students.

They're just dumb, drunk college students who want class cancelled the next couple days, and now their football program is fucked. Just a lot of young angry ignorance going around.

MIMIC

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
I actually laughed out loud.

I'm an alum of OSU and I did, too. lol

My friends are saying that if this had happened before the OSU scandal that Tressel would still have his job.

All of this is understating the seriousness of the scandal, but it's still morbidly amusing.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So they could only stop Paterno from coaching again or something? Covering up child rape and potentially child sex rings from many members in your organization because of your football program is probably the #1 reason not to deserve a football program.
NCAA has no authority in this case, period. They can't do anything.

Xyrmellon

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So they could only stop Paterno from coaching again or something? .

Dude, have you seen any footage of him??? He's 84 and can't speak, he's practically a vegetable...coach again???

Sounds like the students are really doing a great job at keeping what little "image" PSU had as a place of integrity. Sounds to me like a lot of young, immature students thinking they are making a different by acting like bozos. Drunk or not, they clearly have no idea what they're really speaking out against.

I just can't get over how mind-boggling this entire situation is, from the crimes themselves to reactions of the students, this whole thing is just so fucked up and the media circus has only just begun.

and Oh shit! Nice Penn State/NBA press conference match cut!

FyreWulff said:
"Hey, someone told me that they saw a crime happening".

"That's great, why don't you have the person that actually saw it talk to us *click*"

Paterno reported it to the people that were supposed to investigate it. The information he had was secondhand. Derp.
Am I in the twilight zone?
A Fire Wulff screen name, a Nebraska avatar and defending Joe Pa? Weird combo thing you got going on bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom