• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

I doubt he ever goes into general population. Child molesters are singled out pretty quickly as the lowest of the low. Factor in he's somewhat famous and would make somebody a name for themselves in prison and he's a high target. He will probably live out the rest of his life in solitary.

gutshot

the conduct in question isn't Sandusky, it's the people in the program and athletic department the covered up for him. The NCAA likes to beat the "lack of institutional control" drum, well an athletic department covering up for child rape on campus is the fucking definition of "lack of institutional control". They need to clean house. Fire everybody that has anything to do with the football department. If that means there's no football for a year or two while they sort it out, too fuckin bad.

They've already fired Paterno, Schultz, Curley and Spanier. Who else was involved in the cover up that should be fired and/or punished? The reason it doesn't make sense to punish Penn St now is all the people involved in the cover up have already been replaced. So you are going to punish the people who have to come in to try and clean up the mess.

I doubt he ever goes into general population. Child molesters are singled out pretty quickly as the lowest of the low. Factor in he's somewhat famous and would make somebody a name for themselves in prison and he's a high target. He will probably live out the rest of his life in solitary.

Yeah but that's no way to treat the worst offender of child molestation and pedophilia of all time though..

eznark

Banned

Eh, Dahmer was eventually sent to gen pop to get what was coming to him, I'm sure this fucker will too.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That Brick in the Wall story sounds fake, but I can believe something like that could possibly happen, if it were a few inmates.

Doesn't sound fake to me at all. My dad was in two different jails over a seven year sentence years ago, and he has some really twisted stories about how child molestors / killers are treated in jail. He said it was sort of amazing, people in his jail who normally did not get along at all would unite unilaterally when it came to "punishing" said inmates. It was like an unspoken code of a sort. Even guards would turn their backs and ignore treatment that was above and beyond allowed when it came to child molestors.

Make no mistake, people of all races, religions, and backgrounds, they all detest others who hurt children. Even in a place like prison.

They've already fired Paterno, Schultz, Curley and Spanier. Who else was involved in the cover up that should be fired and/or punished? The reason it doesn't make sense to punish Penn St now is all the people involved in the cover up have already been replaced. So you are going to punish the people who have to come in to try and clean up the mess.

if you used this logic no school would ever be put on probation. They almost always clean house and still get hit with punishments.

pj

Banned
There's no way he will be in general population in prison. No-name pedos get put in administrative segregation for their own protection. The most famous kid toucher in recent memory will certainly get at least that protection.

drspeedy

Doesn't sound fake to me at all. My dad was in two different jails over a seven year sentence years ago, and he has some really twisted stories about how child molestors / killers are treated in jail. He said it was sort of amazing, people in his jail who normally did not get along at all would unite unilaterally when it came to "punishing" said inmates. It was like an unspoken code of a sort. Even guards would turn their backs and ignore treatment that was above and beyond allowed when it came to child molestors.

Make no mistake, people of all races, religions, and backgrounds, they all detest others who hurt children. Even in a place like prison.

Actually I think it sounds fake because I don't think enough people would know the lyrics to sing along. I definitely think they would do it if they could. And, I could see a few inmates who had rehearsed it being able to pull it off.

What can I say? Sandusky done goof'd, and if he doesn't kill himself before long, I'd imagine he'd find out the extent to which he done goof'd.

Sandusky is going to get castrated with a butter knife if he gets placed in general population. He deserves it though, so I kinda hope it happens.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Thanks to NeoGaf and this thread, I know where I'm getting my online degree from:

FIzh4.png

I still doubt he'll see gen pop. He'll be dead within a week. The prison has to know this and can't they be hit by some sort of negligence suit from his family? Maybe it's a state thing, but I have a few buddies that work in the prisons here in California and they tell me that they are even picky about which guards are allowed around high profile inmates like Scott Peterson or Phil Spector for this very reason.

Actually I think it sounds fake because I don't think enough people would know the lyrics to sing along. I definitely think they would do it if they could. And, I could see a few inmates who had rehearsed it being able to pull it off.

What can I say? Sandusky done goof'd, and if he doesn't kill himself before long, I'd imagine he'd find out the extent to which he done goof'd.

I'm assuming they didn't sing the entire song.

rpg_poser

http://www.pennlive.com/jerry-sandusky/ is where central PA gets its Sandusky news. A conservative leaning site, but the coverage is good, even award winning. Just ignore the pro-energy pro-fracking propaganda.
I don't think it's been announced where he will be serrving his time, but rumor is that he will be staying at a fed prison in Dauphin County. Fed prisons aren't as bad as state penitentiaries.

ezekial45

Banned
I wonder what PSU's upcoming football season is gonna be like in the wake of all this. I don't see how they'll ever be able to live this down.

I can see rival fans having Sandusky chants and signs to taunt the PSU players. It's gonna be brutal.

Stet

Banned
I wonder what PSU's upcoming football season is gonna be like in the wake of all this? I don't see how they'll ever be able to live this down.

I can see rival fans having Sandusky chants and signs to taunt the PSU players. It's gonna be brutal.

I should hope people have more class than thahahah I couldn't even finish, of course you're right.

I wonder what PSU's upcoming football season is gonna be like in the wake of all this? I don't see how they'll ever be able to live this down.

There's gonna be SO many pedo-bear costumes. SO MANY.

People are already calling them Pedo State. The joke kind of wrote itself.

Dude Abides

Banned
Emails suggest they were gonna report it to child welfare until Curley talked to JoePa. Jesus.

So dumb to talk about that shit in email.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
When will people accept the increasingly obvious truth that Paterno knew about this shit and did nothing? When's the NCAA going to step in and lay the hammer down? This is beyond obscene.

Ponn

Banned
It's fucking infuriating to think that if one person there was a decent human being they could've stopped most of this from happening.

This is what is so infuriating, its the sports and fraternity mentality and its just as bad as what happens in the Catholic church. In some ways what these enablers did is just as bad, if not worse then the actual acts. They could have reported this long ago, Sandusky could have gotten help and paid for his crimes long ago and innocent victims could have been saved. They were worried about their precious name and team and now they are even worse off because they all are guilty and just as responsible for Sandusky's actions. That school and its students will now suffer as well for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom