• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

The best part is, the correct spelling @oceanstrategy is available.

jOqON.gif

GOLD

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
This whole thing is fairly amusing, but I have friggin' lost it with the marketting=>stratagy Twitter switch.

I have been laughing for about two minutes straight here. It's just too perfect. Too amazingly perfect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No such thing as bad publicity? Tell that to BP. The only people who say that are people who have no understanding of marketing. Presumably the same people who can't even spell it.

Yep, BP stations around here are still dead not even nearly a year after their oil spill. Good job killing the Gulf industry, BP.

The fact this dude isn't spell checking is crazy.

I think we need to start a new hashtag in honor of Paul.

#OceanSwagg! The two g's are for the double standard he has for great customer service.

SHAZOOM

As I posted in the thread gaming-side, everyone comes off poorly in this exchange. Dave (WITH A V!) comes across as a petulant manchild, the PR rep is just terrible, and the Penny Arcade dude appeals to his own authority. It's a clusterfuck of stupid.

Just requoting. Don't mind me.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The company I work for sells electronics (not game related) and sure enough, manufacturing issues happen. However, if I ever answered one, just one customer like that in an email, phone call or whatever, my ass would be on the street. If the powers that be condoned that behavior then we would all be on the street.

I have found that while some customers are never satisfied and enjoy being angry, most of them them understand things happen. Treat them like a human and actually follow up with them and you'll win them over, even if you can't change the situation.

He didn't even need to be competent to avoid this. I doubt anyone would have cared if he brushed Dave off with generic, uninformative replies.

He didn't even need to be competent to avoid this. I doubt anyone would have cared if he brushed Dave off with generic, uninformative replies.

Exactly. He would have gotten away pretty much scott free had he simply responded with generic responses. I guess when you down with that #OceanStratagy you live by the beat of your own drum.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So is there a reason we haven't heard from the actual maker of the controller? You'd think they'd want to say something at this point or at least try to distance themselves from the marketing dude?

Top Bottom