• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

graboids

only good part of visiting his facebook page is seeing the "You and Paul aren't Friends." message. I wonder what message the Mayor of Boston sees?

add one more T to the company name then it would be perfect.

haha good idea..

fixed:

42Dxm.jpg

Wow, so is he making semi veiled mafia threats in the first two letters to Gabe?

I think that's before he was told who Gabe is. Then it became a bipolar comedy of "I love Penny Arcade/Penny Arcade sucks!" and "You are nothing to me/Will I see you at CES?"

Kids, stay in school and don't do drugs.

Sethtimus Prime

Neo Member
The sad part about this is: no, he didn't. Once the initial uproar dies down, he probably insured a sweet gig at a more cut-throat type of PR agency that sees this type of behavior as desirable. And before anyone starts calling me names or feels the need to belittle my intelligence, I have two words:

Bobby Kotick.

Remember, in the business world, being a mouthbreathing shitpile isn't a bad thing, it's a bullet point on your resume.

I don't think so. Companies hire PR people to prevent this kind of shit from happening.

eznark

Banned
Therefore, being awful at your job is always a plus. Excellent logic.

I find all of my internal interactions with employees to be a direct reflection of how I expect them to interact with customers. In fact, if the next guy that walks through the door doesn't get an earful about what a fraud Drew Brees is, I am going to fire Johnson immediately.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think that's before he was told who Gabe is. Then it became a bipolar comedy of "I love Penny Arcade/Penny Arcade sucks!" and "You are nothing to me/Will I see you at CES?"

Kids, stay in school and don't do drugs.

He was at war with himself. One friendly conversation could lead to him being able to namedrop the creator of Penny Arcade ad nauseum - but he also cannot take shit from anyone under any circumstance, ever.

What the fuck is that thing? No seriously. What the fuck am I looking at? I don't even understand.

xiSNf.jpg

keep your thumbs on the sticks; never take them off. there's two rubber ribbons along the bottom. use your middle, ring, and/or pinky to pull the ribbon: you're pulling the L2/R2 triggers. extend your left index to hit the blue lined stick: you're pressing X. extend your right index to hit the yellow lined stick: you're hitting Y. nudge your right index finger up to hit the red lined nub thing covering your index finger's first joint: you're hitting B. All this without taking your thumbs off the two sticks so you can run and shoot and reload and aim and throw grenades and pick up items and switch weapons and whatever without taking your thumbs off the sticks. You do have to take your right thumb off the stick to hit A.

Sethtimus Prime

Neo Member
xiSNf.jpg

keep your thumbs on the sticks; never take them off. there's two rubber ribbons along the bottom. use your middle, ring, and/or pinky to pull the ribbon: you're pulling the L2/R2 triggers. extend your left index to hit the blue lined stick: you're pressing X. extend your right index to hit the yellow lined stick: you're hitting Y. nudge your right index finger up to hit the red lined nub thing covering your index finger's first joint: you're hitting B. All this without taking your thumbs off the two sticks so you can run and shoot and reload and aim and all that without taking your thumbs off the sticks. You do have to take your right thumb off the stick to hit A.

I like buttons...

I like buttons...
I'm just trying to explain it from their point of view. I know there are times I have to do "the claw" so I can have both thumbs on the sticks while making my right index into a claw shape to hit the a/b/x/y buttons. This alleviates some of that. The L2/R2 ribbons are removable so I would take those off and I personally wouldn't want them. But I can see the point in not wanting to do the claw.

Therefore, being awful at your job is always a plus. Excellent logic.

I. Never. Said. That.

I said that he'd probably be able to spin this into another gig once the shitstorm died down. It happens in the business world all the time. I'm not defending the guy; he deserves everything that's happening to him.

The B of A thing was just pointing out to someone else that I've worked in corporate America; people just as incompetent as this asshole get promoted all of the time.

Seik

Banned
That Ocean Marketing guy is all fail, baddest customer service ever. You can't tell shit like that to a customer, especially one like this!!!! D:

It's a great PR company that can make the biggest news blogs of the industry state that they do not and never will support a product.

I wake up and this is the first post I read. Wow. A wild ride indeed. Avenger controller is getting a ton of negative reviews on Amazon. Absolutely horrendous at PR. People blacklisted him already. An immediate career change sounds like a good idea before he gets fired. Oh wow, he changed his tweet. LOL

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I. Never. Said. That.

I said that he'd probably be able to spin this into another gig once the shitstorm died down. It happens in the business world all the time. I'm not defending the guy; he deserves everything that's happening to him.

The B of A thing was just pointing out to someone else that I've worked in corporate America; people just as incompetent as this asshole get promoted all of the time.
This guy isn't in the "business world". He's self employed (probably because no one would hire him already) and just very publicly ruined a client's good name. He's done

Top Bottom