• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thought something was odd with Mini. For a "goon" in that situation, "snitching" seemed like a suicidal move. Makes sense now why link let Reese go. Anything to get the boss back.

Best sense was still Finch and Elias. Giving a hint, "..a war we cannot afford to lose". Good stuff

Nobility

Banned
Why did I watch that preview?...

HxduYBN.gif

ZenaxPure

I did not expect Mini to be short for Dominic. That's clever. Good episode.

Didn't even think about this, now I feel dumb.

Wonder how long the Brotherhood will stick around and what their plans are. After the middle of season 3 ending everything with HR and the Russians it felt like we were done with criminal organizations and were moving fully into weird shadow government conspiracy land. Feels like a weird step back, hopefully their story goes into an interesting direction.

I haven't watched the preview for next week yet... might go in blind based on these reactions.

I'm hitting the bed in a minute, so truncated thoughts:

Great episode, pretty heartwarming end. Shaw's baller.

I called the agent lady betraying them and Mini being the Big Boss of the Brotherhood early on. Taking a page out of Elias' playbook, I think. The reveal was done really well nonetheless. The way that Mini becomes Dominic at the end, good stuff.

About the subject of next weeks episode
a rigged election is right up an AI's avenue

Dominic is played by Winston Duke

LOL @ that picture.

Thought something was odd with Mini. For a "goon" in that situation, "snitching" seemed like a suicidal move. Makes sense now why link let Reese go. Anything to get the boss back.

Best sense was still Finch and Elias. Giving a hint, "..a war we cannot afford to lose". Good stuff

I'll admit I did not see that part coming, but the whole DEA agent turning out to be the mole herself was quite obvious

Chariot

Nice! I loved the street level enemies, cool to be back there while still having the larger threat hanging above everyone's heads. Also: since Samaratian acquires counterparts of TeamMachine, will it take Dominic in as counter to Elias?

Krilekk

Banned
LOL, the moment when Shaw gets out of the SUV because it is being tracked. There's a car both in front and behind her car, all about 3" from her car. She's got mad parking skills.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
LOL, the moment when Shaw gets out of the SUV because it is being tracked. There's a car both in front and behind her car, all about 3" from her car. She's got mad parking skills.

Lol I had the same thought. I actually had to rewind to make sure I saw it right.

Setsuna

Nice! I loved the street level enemies, cool to be back there while still having the larger threat hanging above everyone's heads. Also: since Samaratian acquires counterparts of TeamMachine, will it take Dominic in as counter to Elias?

just made me stop eating twizzlers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good episode, except both the
mole
and
Dominic's
identity were completely predictable. Im not even sure if thats a knock on the show, or Ive just seen WAY to many tv shows / movies over the years

good episode, except both the
mole
and
Dominic's
identity were completely predictable. Im not even sure if thats a knock on the show, or Ive just seen WAY to many tv shows / movies over the years
Probably didn't help that Elias pointed out his own introduction in the same episode.

I am only near the end of S2 but this show is awesome.

S1 was a bit too procedural so it was refreshing to see them go with longer story arcs in S2 along side the number of the week stuff.

Also great use of licenced music whenever they decide to have some. The Who's "Eminence Front" and The Kills "The future starts slow" being stand outs so far for me.

Phlebas

Banned
Elias it's pretty much my second favorite character after Root.

I think he's smart he'll figure out the Samaritan & Machine situation

Chariot

Elias it's pretty much my second favorite character after Root.

I think he's smart he'll figure out the Samaritan & Machine situation
I think this is less about smart and more about how much he is willing to believe. For all he knows Finch could be a mage with a magic ball or some kind of psychic. But maybe Vigiliance Northern Lights leak from last season gave him the right idea.

AV Club raises a good point:

Feels like this episode and the one with Claire, that evil is trying to take the POIs to their side. With Dominic doing his whole 'hearts and minds' thing at the end of the episode. Shaw being Shaw was pretty great. I do really like Det. Riley. He's great. And loved Fusco coming to the rescue once again, though I feel like it's a shame we got cheated outta a big AK-47 shootout.

I liked the kid playing the brother, he was good.

The kid actor was good this episode, I really liked him.

Also was sort of expecting Mini to be Dominic, but wasn't sure if they were gonna pull an Elias again. Then again, that happened way back in season 1, so. I also like that the Brotherhood is kind of a street-level foe for the team to deal with as their "covers" while their real identities are after Decima, the big fish.

Oh my. POI just trolled Nintendo. Hard

Little Girl enters apartment: "Hey that's the new Wii!"

Moments later, Little Girl points to an adults cellphone: "Do you have minecraft on that?"

Amazing

Sober

Oh my. POI just trolled Nintendo. Hard

Little Girl enters apartment: "Hey that's the new Wii!"

Moments later, Little Girl points to an adults cellphone: "Do you have minecraft on that?"

Amazing
I'd like to think the reason there was a murder in the apartment was because someone got a WiiU, or they had no games to play.

Apoc29

This show is so good, it's a shame the entirety of GAF isn't flocking to this thread.

POI does a good job presenting characters who aren't what they seem: Elias, Control, and just this episode Lennox and Dominic. I can sometimes figure it out before they're revealed but only just moments before.

exYle

Y'all are making me feel dumb. I thought Lennox's partner was going to be the mole, and I definitely didn't see Mini being the boss.

This show is so good, it's a shame the entirety of GAF isn't flocking to this thread.

POI does a good job presenting characters who aren't what they seem: Elias, Control, and just this episode Lennox and Dominic. I can sometimes figure it out before they're revealed but only just moments before.

Scream about it to the high heavens.

Though hopefully with Netflix we get more fans coming here.

exYle

Can anyone who's read the Invisible Man explain its significance at the end there? Or is the hint Finch provided in the title rather than the content of the book?

Can anyone who's read the Invisible Man explain its significance at the end there? Or is the hint Finch provided in the title rather than the content of the book?

Well, in the book, the invisibility process is irreversible.

Or maybe the title itself is a hint. Only way to survive is to be invisible

jb1234

Just started watching this show (on several recommendations) and the first couple of episodes have been really rough. I can tell there's potential there but the people of interest aren't all that interesting (ironically) and Reese has this incredibly goofy Batman voice that makes me giggle every time he opens his mouth. Emerson is great as always but if it's just going to be your standard CBS procedural, I won't be able to stick with it out of boredom. Does it get more ambitious?

Just started watching this show (on several recommendations) and the first couple of episodes have been really rough. I can tell there's potential there but the people of interest aren't all that interesting (ironically) and Reese has this incredibly goofy Batman voice that makes me giggle every time he opens his mouth. Emerson is great as always but if it's just going to be your standard CBS procedural, I won't be able to stick with it out of boredom. Does it get more ambitious?
The first few episodes are certainly the worst and many people give up. But around episode 7 the show switches into a hybrid procedural/serial mode and that's when it gets good.

Tugatrix

Around episode 7 the show becomes a procedural/serial with multiple arcs that get updated almost every episode

jb1234

Okay, I can work with that. And really, I quite enjoyed episode 4 (with Linda Cardellini) because it took some risks and wasn't as predictable.

News Bot

Banned
I also like that the Brotherhood is kind of a street-level foe for the team to deal with as their "covers" while their real identities are after Decima, the big fish.

I really want to know more about Decima after the senator mentioned that the company was dismantled as a business entity after season three.

Chariot

I really want to know more about Decima after the senator mentioned that the company was dismantled as a business entity after season three.
I agree. I also still think that there is someone above Greer, he may seem to be the head of operations, save for Samaritan who he serves apparently voluntarily, but I still got the feeling that there is somebody... or something behind Greer.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One review (correctly, I think) pointed out that it probably should have been Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man instead of Wells'.

Yep, and right off the plot summary on Wikipedia:

He says, because of his invisibility, he has been hiding from the world, living underground, and stealing electricity from the Monopolated Light & Power Company

not even hiding what he's doing :lol

Sober

Okay, I can work with that. And really, I quite enjoyed episode 4 (with Linda Cardellini) because it took some risks and wasn't as predictable.
If you liked episode 4 - especially with the ambiguous ending (which is pretty risky to do so early on) - you'll probably enjoy the rest.

jb1234

If you liked episode 4 - especially with the ambiguous ending (which is pretty risky to do so early on) - you'll probably enjoy the rest.

Watched episodes 5-7 last night. The first two were okay if pretty by the numbers but as others pointed out, 7 promises bigger things. Gonna keep watching.

Sober

Watched episodes 5-7 last night. The first two were okay if pretty by the numbers but as others pointed out, 7 promises bigger things. Gonna keep watching.
I feel like the first 7 or so kinda flesh out the procedural format with enough to give people a good idea with what the show can offer. Moving on from that episode there is plenty of serial elements coming to the fore in the next three episodes alone that I think you'll probably enjoy.

TripOpt55

This episode really sold me on the Brotherhood. Good stuff and I didn't see Mini being Dominic. Maybe I should have... but I didn't. Love seeing Elias too. He's great.

ZenaxPure

I feel like they do this character swerve a lot in this show , we should have seen that mini reveal coming

A lot is an understatement. Every major bad guy in the show save Greer has been introduced through this method. I wasn't sure if they would do it this time simply because I was thinking "surely they won't introduce this bad guy in the same way, right!?!?!"

You would think they would not use the same trick over and over, but, nope, POI gives 0 fucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom