• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

A lot is an understatement. Every major bad guy in the show save Greer has been introduced through this method. I wasn't sure if they would do it this time simply because I was thinking "surely they won't introduce this bad guy in the same way, right!?!?!"

You would think they would not use the same trick over and over, but, nope, POI gives 0 fucks.
Thing is, the show has still a lot of seemingly procuderal episodes and so every episode could lead us to a new important character. I think it's pretty exciting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's one thing I like, for that even with having an AI Overlord in their back pocket, the team isn't All-Knowing. This guy purposefully hides his identity to the world, and they don't see it.

Heck, they still don't, which is different than the Elias intro episode. Only at the episode do they allow the audience to know who he is, and that will create more storyline opportunities.

Shooting dea agent in car, isn't that dangerous? What if it hits gas tank? I like the mini review. But they do this a lot .

That's fairly unlikely, but they might've broken the back window or something.

I wish they'd atleast put a silencer on the gun, wouldn't shooting a gun inside that confined a space make everyone deaf? How would they carry on a conversation in hushed tones while their ears are ringing.

ZenaxPure

Thing is, the show has still a lot of seemingly procuderal episodes and so every episode could lead us to a new important character. I think it's pretty exciting.

I don't really disagree, I'm just saying they use the same plot twist a lot. So much that it has gotten to the point where I can't tell if they are going to use it again or not because it seems crazy to just keep doing it over and over.

Anyway, I just rewatched the episode and I think this is one that I will appreciate more down the line, probably near the end of the season or next season if their storyline goes on for that long. The episode is mostly setup, reminds me of a lot of season 1 episodes. Not only did we learn who is pulling the strings of the Brotherhood, they also dropped a few lines about how they operate that makes them seem fairly different from past such as the fact that they dress in a way where you can't identify them just by looking and that they don't really care about controlling territory or anything. Pretty interesting compared to all the other criminal organizations we've seen in the past.

I'm loving this season so far. Three amazing episodes (1, 2 and 4) and a pretty good one (3). I think PoI has really nailed the perfect formula for long-running shows: the procedural elements keep things fresh almost every week and the characters and overall mythology are so interesting that you definitely wanna see what happens next and where the show is headed.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd atleast put a silencer on the gun, wouldn't shooting a gun inside that confined a space make everyone deaf? How would they carry on a conversation in hushed tones while their ears are ringing.

Telepathy. That's how The Machine didn't know Mini was Dominic.

Lonestar

just now noticed she says "is that the new Wii?"

Watching it live, I strangely was fixated on the gigantic blood stain. Guess I'm the crazy one.

Chariot

I don't really disagree, I'm just saying they use the same plot twist a lot. So much that it has gotten to the point where I can't tell if they are going to use it again or not because it seems crazy to just keep doing it over and over.
I see that this is used a bit much that some people could get tired. But this had the special trait of Mini already being identified as an villain. He is a gangmember after all who was in a shootout and knew where the stash was. You don't tell anyone where you hide your stuff. The surprise wasn't that he was a criminal, it was what position he has. I thought it was a nice touch.

Ha, now I kinda wish for a different scene now.
[shoots]
"You just met.. aah, aaah, my ears, that was a terrible idea, aaaaaaah"

Yeah, but that is actually one thing I wish movies and games would stop using.
Often plot or gameplay relies on unrealisticly silent weapons.

Knocking people out with a strike to the back of the head and having them wake up conveniently with no ill effects is probably a much more flagrant offender in that regard, but I'm perfectly willing to overlook it because it's such a "standard" plot device.

Breaking bottles by hitting people with them is another big one

danielcw

I have seen that video.
It shows, that the gun becomes quieter.
But compare the loudness of the gun to the loudness of his speech.
In both cases the absolute volume of the gun has been reduced.

In my opinion the video is good to hear the noise and the difference in volume,
but bad to judge the absolute noise of guns.
Also note the ear gear the shooter wears.

After looking up some sound levels on wikipedia of surpressed and unsurpressed guns, both create enough pressure to create a hearing loss if you are close.

Knocking people out with a strike to the back of the head and having them wake up conveniently with no ill effects is probably a much more flagrant offender in that regard, but I'm perfectly willing to overlook it because it's such a "standard" plot device.

Breaking bottles by hitting people with them is another big one

I will also overlook it, but I wish it would stop.
Breaking bottles is fine though, because the fact that the bottle broke is rarely important to the plot.

OMG Carter is this where you ending up :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBzu_jKLJek

Her character looks terrible :O :(
I have seen that video.
It shows, that the gun becomes quieter.
But compare the loudness of the gun to the loudness of his speech.
In both cases the absolute volume of the gun has been reduced.

In my opinion the video is good to hear the noise and the difference in volume,
but bad to judge the absolute noise of guns.
Also note the ear gear the shooter wears.

After looking up some sound levels on wikipedia of surpressed and unsurpressed guns, both create enough pressure to create a hearing loss if you are close.

I will also overlook it, but I wish it would stop.
Breaking bottles is fine though, because the fact that the bottle broke is rarely important to the plot.
They did entire episode on Mythbusters on the subject of Silencers in the movies VS IRL
Look it up it was pretty great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdXly6jT4E

BokehKing

Banned
There mere fact that many was still alive and Link didn't find and shoot him that night gave it away

So did he lead Shaw there in purpose? Is that what he was implying?

Patryn

There mere fact that many was still alive and Link didn't find and shoot him that night gave it away

So did he lead Shaw there in purpose? Is that what he was implying?
Yes, he did. He knew she was tracking him, and he was smart enough to know she wasn't going to leave him alone unless he led her somewhere valuable.

Sober

You guys watch that sneak peak from Comicon yet? Go ahead, it's for tonight's episode.

Also the TV preview

"Prophets"

Finch is suspicious when a gifted political pollster’s number comes up at the same time that his typically ironclad predictions go wrong, and believes that the two events are linked. Meanwhile, Reese is sidelined by a direct order from Captain Moreno.

Lonestar

Too many people watching already, don't know who is saying what and what it means!

Ingram!

Jarrod38

X8rUwRf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom