• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
This episode surprised me, I wasn't expecting much based on the preview.

The last half hour picked very fast.

Looks like the theme for this season is...War.

POI writers are doing what they do best, expanding the narrative past an individual story line. This is a far-reaching war. Machine vs. Samaritan, Mafia vs. Brotherhood, we are seeing sides. Writers are showing that sooner or later, we all pick sides, we don't know who will come out on top but we all make choices; no matter how limited that choice is.

I thought this would be the weakest POI episode ever at the beginning, I am happily mistaken.

I am really surprised on how the writers are narrowing Finch's perception and his aggression in preparation for the war.

Also, bad news everyone, first mini break of the season! Next new episode is on November 11.

I'll just post this now.

XqZyPfi.gif

Phanta

Loved the last half hour of this ep. Really like the way Finch has expanded as a character.

Didn't see that progression coming. They disguised it well, tho I did it find it odd how they got robbed and Finch's "visa" problem.

Also why did he not let Shaw or Reese know what he was doing?

Patryn

Loved the last half hour of this ep. Really like the way Finch has expanded as a character.

Didn't see that progression coming. They disguised it well, tho I did it find it odd how they got robbed and Finch's "visa" problem.

Also why did he not let Shaw or Reese know what he was doing?
I figured Finch's visa problem was that it's a fake identity and he didn't want the state department looking in and alerting Samaritan.

I had guessed Samaritan was the angel investor, but Finch hiring the mugger really shocked me.

ZenaxPure

Lol, I think my favorite part of the episode was them making fun of Chicago and its gun/murder problem. Rude.

Anyway, this episode got me really excited to see Elias vs. Dominic. That could potentially be really interesting.

Also the POI this week felt like a damn cartoon character. I don't really mean that in a bad way either. First time I've found the POI to be interesting in a really long time.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yeah, I actually think Elias might be in trouble.

For one, Dominic seems entirely cold blooded. No Nonsense at all.

I also, have a feeling, he has a secret benefactor

Sober

yeah, I actually think Elias might be in trouble.

For one, Dominic seems entirely cold blooded. No Nonsense at all.

I also, have a feeling, he has a secret benefactor
I don't think so, it's moreso that Elias wants to keep New York City "safe" as it can be w/r/t organized crime but Dominic is all about making a mess, probably even moreso than the Mafia families before them. Except Dominic is probably even more smarter and ruthless and doesn't give a shit about rules.

Chariot

Holy shit, what an episode.
When I saw the preview I was rolling my eyes, but Walter was actually very funny and reasonable. I cracked up every time he lampshaded John's character ("How you do the thing with your voice", "you're some kind of super hero"). The tie ins with the bigger plots were amazing too. Finch coldblooded creating assets, Elias and Dominic hissing at each other, Greer and Samaritan preparing for something.

Also John's face of pain when he declared Walter a hero.
jh7z7mOGGjSey.jpg

"Please kill me"

The show managed as well to show me more of my hidden racism. When I saw the armorer I instantly assumed that he works for Dominic because of his skincolor. Feels bad.

ZenaxPure

When I saw the preview I was rolling my eyes, but Walter was actually very funny and reasonable. I cracked up every time he lampshaded John's character ("How you do the thing with your voice", "you're some kind of super hero").

Oh god, that reminds me of the power walk with Fusco and Shaw. That was about the most unneeded walk I've ever seen with in any tv show ever and yet it was also somehow the most amazing. Those sunglasses on Fusco, lol.

Also at the police station when Walter called Shaw John's girlfriend and John was like she's not my girlfriend and Walter was just all WHYYYYY!?!?!

Tamanon

Banned
Oh god, that reminds me of the power walk with Fusco and Shaw. That was about the most unneeded walk I've ever seen with in any tv show ever and yet it was also somehow the most amazing. Those sunglasses on Fusco, lol.

Also at the police station when Walter called Shaw John's girlfriend and John was like she's not my girlfriend and Walter was just all WHYYYYY!?!?!

I'm 90% sure that Shaw/Fusco intro was an homage to Burn Notice whenever Sam and Fiona would have the slow motion walk-up. Hell, most of this episode seemed like a Burn Notice episode.

That was great! I love Walter. He's like every Tumblr fan rolled up in one trying to be a hero that lives up to the ideal set by the Man in the Suit. I hope he comes back in the future, even in a small capacity.

I still miss Leon. This guy and Leon together would be comedy gold.

That slo-mo walk with Fusco and Shaw was so fucking badass. Shaw in those glasses, hnnnnnnnnng.

Elias was great. His meeting at the end with Dominic, I shivered. Shit's gonna get intense.

Loved Finch playing hero/spy/honeypot in Hong Kong. That was baller as fuck.

Great episode.

Great episode. I like the bad guys in this show. They aren't annoying at all.

But how many times can there be a gun fight on the streets of NYC and no one else is around? I saw people walking down the street after that gun fight with the prototype gun.

desu

That scene was so awesome, had to gif it.

poiwalkzcy4w.gif

Awesome episode with so much stuff going on, mid season finale is going to be crazy. Also this break sucks =(.

"Don't say it. Don't say it."

"It's just a scratch."

Haha, that was hysterical. I was in stitches.

Great episode. I like the bad guys in this show. They aren't annoying at all.

But how many times can there be a gun fight on the streets of NYC and no one else is around? I saw people walking down the street after that gun fight with the prototype gun.

Man in the Suit's been around for four years, you get used to it.

That scene was so awesome, had to gif it.

poiwalkzcy4w.gif

Awesome episode with so much stuff going on, mid season finale is going to be crazy. Also this break sucks =(.

So funny. Fusco's finally getting the badass rep he deserves.

exYle

Walter being a fanboy was hilarious.

And Finch, man... if those algorithms get implanted into Samaritan's code, that's gonna be its end. That's what I'm guessing. Machine two steps ahead.

Passenger in the car holding Lionel at gun point doesn't bother to pull the trigger on him as John arrives to the scene trying to take em all out?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Walter being a fanboy was hilarious.

And Finch, man... if those algorithms get implanted into Samaritan's code, that's gonna be its end. That's what I'm guessing. Machine two steps ahead.

This theory was what I was thinking Root's plan was going to be.

Please let this signal the return of the 3 Hackers.

Also, yeah, the guy holding the gun on Fusco and not doing anything was distressingly bad. POI usually does better than that.

faridmon

Another great episode. It was a light hearted one that actually poked fun at itself.

''Don't Say it'' ''It was just scratch'' made me laugh out loud.

Also Finch acting spy like , that smooth motherfucker...

Sucks that there is a break next week. Life sucks sometimes.

Frog-fu

Banned
What an amazing episode.

It really is unfair how Enrico Colantoni just steals every damn scene he is so effortlessly, he's just perfect as Elias. I also really enjoy the addition of Winston Duke (Mini) to the cast, he brings that cold aggression that really plays well off of Elias.

Gotta love how Harrold rekt that mugger only for it to turn out he hired him to do the mugging in the first place. Can't help but see a little bit of Benjamin Linus in that.

John had me stitches when he told the guy "Don't say it. Don't say it," and the dude said "It was just a scratch" anyway.

Great episode.

News Bot

Banned
Just when I think this is going to be a relatively calm episode... shit gets real halfway in. So many times I grinned like an idiot in this episode and the twist at the end was masterful. I love the POI writers.

I hope John kept some of the Barrets.

Tugatrix

Walter need to show up again. So it seems Elias has a match.

Finch has enter the chess match and is already planing some steps ahead

Chariot

Walter need to show up again. So it seems Elias has a match.

Finch has enter the chess match and is already planing some steps ahead
I still hope that at some point all or at least some the saved people show up again as giant deus ex machina, showing everybody how relevant irrelevants can be.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Nope nope, not clicking.

Btw ratings wise, POI beat Chicago Fire this week. POI was the most watched show on Tuesday at 10pm.

Good shit.

Fuck yeah. Well deserved.

And that title, Gat damn.

Apoc29

I think Harold has earned himself a new bird name:
The Penguin

I hope he goes deep undercover with that algorithm chick...REAL DEEP if ya know what I mean. It's for the greater good.

BBboy20

I have to ask but why doesn't Fusco doesn't have a yellow square highlight at this point? Everything he's done still isn't relevant enough for the Machine?

Chariot

I have to ask but why doesn't Fusco doesn't have a yellow square highlight at this point? Everything he's done still isn't relevant enough for the Machine?
I think he can't make the mental leap of thinking to cyberpunk. He doesn't seem like someone who has interest in computer, ai or scifi. For all he know, Finch and Root could be wizards.

BBboy20

I think he can't make the mental leap of thinking to cyberpunk. He doesn't seem like someone who has interest in computer, ai or scifi. For all he know, Finch and Root could be wizards.
That explains why he told Root she had some big head. Weird now knowing a teammate is still in the dark in certain things.

ZenaxPure

"I DON'T CARE HOW BIG YOUR BRAIN IS"

Yes Fusco, Root's massive brain is how she knows your smoke detector needs batteries changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom