• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta

Shaw in that dress...
giphy.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So Cap Boomerang is in POI

Flash to crash the party soon.

Reese will finally reveal that he was batman all along

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol promo

Weirded out by Finch's new catchphrase, taken from Stargate.

That was a pretty sinister photo cleanup!

Would it be able to find Shaw in its databases though?

It'll bring up the secondary ID, but it also asked for Admin input. Greer will recognize Shaw, and potentially know of their blind spot with Samaritan.

So I guess they are somewhat making it official that Root is a lesbian. Im curious what consequences will become with samaritan cleaning that photo up.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Another great episde, show is killing it this season.

And Root got turned down hard, there. It's ok Root, I'm here for you.

Great episode. Now I can definitely see what exactly Shaw's type is.

And my God, the SHOOT was strong in this episode. I'm not fully recovered from it.

And that Relevant Agent is fuuuuuuuucked.

I'm struggling to decide if I like Root with that hair color or not...

Sexy French blonde nanny Root is now THE BEST ROOT. OH MY GOD. OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOD

nic-cage-priest.jpg

So Cap Boomerang is in POI

Flash to crash the party soon.

Reese will finally reveal that he was batman all along

Was there ever any doubt?

this tweeeet

oCxfdl2.png

I'm not even gonna try to be subtle, so hard right now.

Chariot

Oh god, the music this episode, so amazing.
I loved Finch's statement in the end. Yeah, they have squashed Samaritans plan. And also burned millions invested in childrens future. Really nice, that they are forced to be greyer than ever.
Also I think we have now Samaritan's future Shaw.

jWkgK5kFEBkOe.jpg

Watch_Dogs should really really turned into a Person of Interest game

ZenaxPure

I actually laughed at the Watch Dogs part. I just couldn't not see him as the dude from the game for the entire scene, couldn't take it seriously.

Anyway, cool episode. The thought of Samaritan using free tablets to start brain washing kids was a little fucking terrifying, but, it worked out in the end.

Chariot

I actually laughed at the Watch Dogs part. I just couldn't not see him as the dude from the game for the entire scene, couldn't take it seriously.

Anyway, cool episode. The thought of Samaritan using free tablets to start brain washing kids was a little fucking terrifying, but, it worked out in the end.
The really terrifying thing is, that it's already happening.
In September, the Los Angeles Unified School District began carrying out a $50 million plan to equip 30,000 students in 47 schools from kindergarten through 12th grade with an iPad. Giving kids iPads sounds like installing candy machines on every desk, or worse, Xboxes. The educators naturally disagree. They spent $678 per iPad, loading them up with software from the Pearson (PSO) educational group and locking them down so that students couldn’t wander around the Internet unchaperoned.
Just imagine Samaritan behind PSO.

Or don't. Just imagine anyone with an agenda doing that.

ZenaxPure

Well it's a little less scary knowing there isn't a morally questionable AI on the other end.
If there is please don't kill me morally questionable AI.

Though that made me wonder if Samaritan really wanted to use it as a "teaching" tool. It also would have given it millions more eyes and ears to keep track of things. Probably worth destroying for that reason alone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh man, all those fangirls shipping Root and Shaw so hard after tonight's episode. I guess the episode certainly encouraged it. lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, it's like the writers are slowly getting Shoot to happen. I'm not bothered at all hahaha.

Awesome episode, it's impressive that Samaritan can get so much information from just a video that's not even focused on Shaw.

faridmon

Holy shit at that Shaw and Root ending.

''Guess we have all night to do the disinfection''

They both smile wryly as they walk past the camera.

Love it!

Lonestar

new series low, 1 whole point behind that Fireman show, and now with less total viewers.

But hey, it helps make sense of the recent election results.

Lonestar

It's more a jokey comment on the mental ability of the general American public. Choosing bad shows and bad politicians ;P

Oh god, the music this episode, so amazing.
I loved Finch's statement in the end. Yeah, they have squashed Samaritans plan. And also burned millions invested in childrens future. Really nice, that they are forced to be greyer than ever.
Also I think we have now Samaritan's future Shaw.

Man, that was so POI it hurts.

Holy shit at that Shaw and Root ending.

''Guess we have all night to do the disinfection''

They both smile wryly as they walk past the camera.

Love it!

Shoot hnnng

new series low, 1 whole point behind that Fireman show, and now with less total viewers.

But hey, it helps make sense of the recent election results.

:(

Lonestar

Yeah, they'll be at least one more season, maybe more. Odds are, the show will get the Friday/Sunday treatment, like Hawaii 50 and The Mentalist (which is on a final season anyway).

I know JNolan's mentioned that the show was never on a "never ending" scale, that the show would have an endpoint. I have to imagine that Samaritan/Decima/The Machine itself is the last obstacle. No way they introduce some other antagonist after they've dealt with Samaritan/Decima.

With how slow Finch and Crew are making inroads on fighting Samaritan, I'm not sure they'll end this season defeating it. Perhaps the end of this season will end on a note where they've lost something/someone, but now have gained a nice advantage over Samaritan.

iamblades

Yeah, they'll be at least one more season, maybe more. Odds are, the show will get the Friday/Sunday treatment, like Hawaii 50 and The Mentalist (which is on a final season anyway).

I know JNolan's mentioned that the show was never on a "never ending" scale, that the show would have an endpoint. I have to imagine that Samaritan/Decima/The Machine itself is the last obstacle. No way they introduce some other antagonist after they've dealt with Samaritan/Decima.

With how slow Finch and Crew are making inroads on fighting Samaritan, I'm not sure they'll end this season defeating it. Perhaps the end of this season will end on a note where they've lost something/someone, but now have gained a nice advantage over Samaritan.

I could see at least one season after the final confrontation with Samaritan.

They beat Samaritan, but in doing so it exposes the existence of the machine and the reality of strong AI to the public. Then the last season is about the reaction of the public to the news that they are no longer top dog and if and when they fight back how the machine reacts to that.

I think the current plan is for a seven season run.

diaspora

I haven't seen this show before and I'm thinking about getting into it, but given the nature of trying to prevent crimes before they occur, does it grapple with the idea of the loss of privacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom