• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yo...that's not cool CBS. Now what?

Why is this show so good? And why is this thread only 25 pages? Man fuck everything.

pretty much.

Gonna need to go out in force come "TV Show of the Year" voting. Need lots of #1.

Come on, no one else noticed that Dominic was in the class Harold taught in that season 2 episode with the prodigy programmer?
Yeah, I noticed it. Even went through that vid, just to see if he was actually an extra in that class. Didn't see him, but that's just in that video, and you can't see the whole class, but it's a nice little easter egg.

The episode had tons of those sort of things, like name dropping Laskey, the Russian Cop that Carter turned in season 3.

Nobility

Banned
Come on, no one else noticed that Dominic was in the class Harold taught in that season 2 episode with the prodigy programmer?
Yep, I made the connection right away.

I was planning to look back in S2 to see if he was actually there but it looks like we have to rely solely on the mention.

Great callback though.

MartyStu

While I don't mind Samaritan's agents trying to dig in to find information about Shaw's identity...this whole super-image-enhancing bullshit always frustrates me.

At least this one is not instant. Even for the supercomputer with god knows how many data points it was able to extrapolate.

Dominic seems like a very worthy foe for Elias..I am really starting to like him but I
O like Elias too :( maybe this conflict will finally give some insight on Elias's right hand man though (Scarface) as he's the most mysterious character on the show so far

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

how can they end it like that!?

it's unreal how good this season has been so far, and I thought S3 was god tier.

ZenaxPure

Yep, I made the connection right away.

I was planning to look back in S2 to see if he was actually there but it looks like we have to rely solely on the mention.

Great callback though.

Yeah I wanted to check as well but laziness and all that.

I wonder if that means he and Finch will ever be on screen together now. It would be really interesting for him to find out that the guy who changed his life is also behind his biggest problem.

xrnzaaas

And just in case... :D

bxEkgCI.jpg

Chariot

I made a few screenshots from episode S02E11. There is one person who I think could be Mini, if he indeed was small and than had a growth burst at some point.

jblKDQNKgO3MbU.png

Bottom left

But that is more based on the skin color and gender than on the facial features. I think we have ever corner of the classroom with these shots, so they maybe didn't think of it at that time.

--

But yeah, another god tier episode. They even managed to feed both plots. It's nice to see that Greer doesn't sit on his arse waiting for something to happen, but actively searches for the unknown.

katagai

I made a few screenshots from episode S02E11. There is one person who I think could be Mini, if he indeed was small and than had a growth burst at some point.

But that is more based on the skin color and gender than on the facial features. I think we have ever corner of the classroom with these shots, so they maybe didn't think of it at that time.

Dominic specifically said he was the "dumb kid in the back who everyone underestimated", so this is most likely him in the upper right of this shot:
jldBD3DG16aza.png

Chariot

Dominic specifically said he was the "dumb kid in the back who everyone underestimated", so this is most likely him in the upper right of this shot:
Huh, somehow I didn't see this guy. Ok, interesting.
Albeit there was no way to know that he was this, it's an interesting reveal. Harold reached a pupil in the right way. He is smart and uses this for his business. Too bad that he's on the other side. I am curious what happens if they meet again and Dominic recognizes him (i don't know if it works the other way around, Harold had so many roles to fill, with so many people to interact, I doubt that he can remember some random pupil).

Great episode, though the POI line was basically a kinder, gentler 'The Departed'.

But dat Martine. Someone GIF her shotgun grab.

AND THAT ENDING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

jldBD3DG16aza.png

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCK, forget SHIELD, POI deserves the hashtag #ItsAllConnected

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know, you would think that after Shaw and Root, one would get tired of slick, cool, badass women on Person of Interest

nope! that samaritan agent, holy shit. The ratio of badassery in genders is now 3 to 1, how...how does that even happen? (I mean that in the absolute best way)

I love this show

Chariot

you know, you would think that after Shaw and Root, one would get tired of slick, cool, badass women on Person of Interest

nope! that samaritan agent, holy shit. The ratio of badassery in genders is now 3 to 1, how...how does that even happen? (I mean that in the absolute best way)

I love this show
I know right. Nobody is defined by their gender or sexuality while still having both and kick ass, both physically and mentally. I am still in awe from Control, who is not a a beautiful woman by american standards, but has had made her carrier of her abilities and devotion for the country. It's the white Amanda Waller we need after DC killed their own with the beansprout.

Wait what?
The circle thing Dominic was talking about, was strikingly similar to a speech Finch gave while he was undercover as teacher, season 2, episode 11.

Siegcram

Dominic is a fantastic villain. PoI in general does a great job with creating a serious, overarching threat each season, better than pretty much any other procedural I've seen. Kudos.

Tugatrix

nice little touch Dominic being a student on one bothered to notice...

that terminator lady it's amazing, that beatdown in the bar priceless, i want her to face reese

Chariot

nice little touch Dominic being a student on one bothered to notice...

that terminator lady it's amazing, that beatdown in the bar priceless, i want her to face reese
We need Reese and Root tag-team, especially since the two barely do anything together if it doesn't involve the whole crew. She has the ability of Reese, combined with the god mode of Root. Just imagine her fighting both of the same time, while the two bound with each other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
See the post quoted above.

OH SHIT I remember that episode now! I KNEW that circle speech sounded familiar. Holy shitballs this show

I know right. Nobody is defined by their gender or sexuality while still having both and kick ass, both physically and mentally. I am still in awe from Control, who is not a a beautiful woman by american standards, but has had made her carrier of her abilities and devotion for the country. It's the white Amanda Waller we need after DC killed their own with the beansprout.

thank you for not misinterpreting what I mean by "the ratio of 3 strong badass females to 1 guy, how does that happen?", I was actually afraid as I posted that someone would think I was being sexist (like "what the fuck, thats stupid, how does that happen"). Its just not something you see in american tv shows

Dominic is a great bad guy. Super smart. This show has antagonists who you live to hate. Who is that Sprint hamster commercial lady following Reese? The poi seemed like a tolerable Michelle Rodriguez.

lalalala reading nothing just wanted to post that new podcast was up:

http://www.flashforcast.com/poi.xml

See you all later this week when I watched the ep have fun :)
Just watched it

THAT ENDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HOLD ME !!!!!!! :D:D:D

Also if the domenic thing from the classroom is real FUCCCCCK fantastic from the writers so so so so so well done.

Samaritan did an enhance image! What is this csi? How could it create an image of Shaw when it's not filmed?

While I don't mind Samaritan's agents trying to dig in to find information about Shaw's identity...this whole super-image-enhancing bullshit always frustrates me.

Haha, glad others have pointed this out. Samaritan has been doing stuff like this since the season opener (image data interpolation, ex: when Martine leaves the bar), but that Shaw bit was seriously disappointing. The show makes a point of showing Crimson 6 looking into the camera, and there are no other angles of the footage he deletes. Are we to assume there were two cameras there? It's an unfortunate oversight on the show's part.

Just a friendly reminder I'm still watching a CBS procedural, I guess.

I just want to chime in and say I fully caught up and the show has evolved into something so awesome. The shaw/root additions have really done the show wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom