• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

I haven't seen this show before and I'm thinking about getting into it, but given the nature of trying to prevent crimes before they occur, does it grapple with the idea of the loss of privacy?
´
Well they deal, at least one the major plot points involve that theme.

Just steam roll the first ep's that are more repetitive and boring, then the thrilling ride begins

Nice episode, Root and Shaw let just say gaddamn

IU have a feeling the whole Samaritan plot line is gonna end with the Machine merging with it and adopting some of its attributes thereby causing the group final mission to be about shutting down the machine once and for all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
IU have a feeling the whole Samaritan plot line is gonna end with the Machine merging with it and adopting some of its attributes thereby causing the group final mission to be about shutting down the machine once and for all.

Kind of how I'm feeling about it, too. That, and the aforementioned "Public becomes fully aware of a full-on A.I. is watching you", cause as of right now, they just assume it (Northern Lights) was a piece of sorting software, and it was still people doing the spying (hence the cries to have it stopped).

Kind of how I'm feeling about it, too. That, and the aforementioned "Public becomes fully aware of a full-on A.I. is watching you", cause as of right now, they just assume it (Northern Lights) was a piece of sorting software, and it was still people doing the spying (hence the cries to have it stopped).

I have a long-standing belief that the Machine knows that's it's going to become evil one day, but has nothing in it's code allowing it to stop, so it's building an army of irrelevants to stop it when the time comes.

Apoc29

There was so much eye candy in this episode, my eyes have diabetes. Root, Shaw, thief chick, and dat blonde Relevant operator.

Totally cool how POI stays so current: Veteran's day, ebola, tablets for schools. The same week of the Ottawa shooting there was an episode that featured a shooting in a government building. Well, that was just a coincidence...
or was it?

Phlebas

Banned
I have a long-standing belief that the Machine knows that's it's going to become evil one day, but has nothing in it's code allowing it to stop, so it's building an army of irrelevants to stop it when the time comes.

I'd be ok with this, although I want the Machine to live :(

bueno, I'm in
YES A NEW ONE!!!

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Btw new ep was great, but what do I read about viewer ship being down enough for the show to be in trouble, before the election the show was around 11 million viewers that is plenty for it to continue.

Chariot

I'd be ok with this, although I want the Machine to live :(
Just imagine Harold and Root putting the Machine in a contain system that provides no to little danger, like a robot dog, a gaming console or something like that. Only what is the "soul" of it, if that exists. Without all the servers that need to make the calculations. Just the core that loves humans (or at least americans, I don't really know if the machine likes foreigners due it's mission) and that loves his daddy and root.

Lonestar

They do have some DVR-type ratings. Like "+3 and +7 day ratings". Important, but not as important as the live ratings.

It's either on too late, never matched up with the type of shows it's lead in's are, or people really took offense to a particular character's demise.

I've never seen a second of Chicago Fire, but the way I've heard it described (as ER in a firehouse), makes it seem incredibly dull. Another character-based drama over relationships.

SpyGuy239

They do have some DVR-type ratings. Like "+3 and +7 day ratings". Important, but not as important as the live ratings.

It's either on too late, never matched up with the type of shows it's lead in's are, or people really took offense to a particular character's demise.

I've never seen a second of Chicago Fire, but the way I've heard it described (as ER in a firehouse), makes it seem incredibly dull. Another character-based drama over relationships.

I find Chicago PD to be really good though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I'm a bit behind (again!) but I just want to say that Walter was amazing.

"How do you do that with your voice?"

"Do what?"

"She's not my girlfriend"

"Why not?"

Elias and Dominic :O

omg they got my boy ashur in this show now

2j21p.gif

awesome.

edit: haha beaten much earlier.

Chariot

I just now saw the preview for next episode.
Yay, Bear <3 Looking forward to it.

Btw. can Samaritan see Bear? Does it care for animals? How's the chance that both machines ignore animals since they are most likely not planning acts of terror. Never saw a animal with a box is what I want to say.

knirk

Banned
Started to watch S04E07 today and it struck me again how much Shaw has changed.

Before she was this grumpy kick-ass chic but now she has opened up so much imho.

She is tough on the outside but she has a caring core and is funny as hell in the later episodes as well with her remarks, like when she was following the wine-dealer/thief =)

Sober

At least there's free wifi while the world ends.

New episode tonight yo!

"Point of Origin"

Reese volunteers as an NYPD police academy instructor in order to keep an eye on a talented young officer whose suspicious actions make him question her motives. Meanwhile, Martine – armed with information from Samaritan – hunts a member of the team.

I loved that last week's episode continued on from the election episode.

Are we getting another three-part arc in the run up to the midseason finale? Have they ever talked about that? It would have to start tonight, yeah? Or did it start last week? I suppose it doesn't really matter now that the whole storyline is one long, amorphous struggle against a super powerful, amoral AI.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck why did it end right there. Man I need next weeks episode already.

You're not kidding. God dammit, that's just cruel. Specially in case there's no episode next week. There better be, or else!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CBS is being little greedy bastards won't let me see PoI this week. They took their channel off DISH.

Doorman

While I don't mind Samaritan's agents trying to dig in to find information about Shaw's identity...this whole super-image-enhancing bullshit always frustrates me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
While I don't mind Samaritan's agents trying to dig in to find information about Shaw's identity...this whole super-image-enhancing bullshit always frustrates me.

Sometimes they have to take orders from the CBS fools
And one of the CBS laws is that all "cops shows" must have image-enhancing crap

Lonestar

I like that Shaw still didn't know Mini was Dominic.

Huh, wonder why Samaritan's feeds of the area died.

Because Dominic knows more about the surveillance abilities of the government, just like Elias. No Cameras, and usually no cell phones. I imagine Shaw was listening in on another Antenna Phone (since I believe their crew is using it as well)

Doorman

I want Dominic and Reese to meet and have a mumble off.

Is this somehow common to CBS shows? In the few episodes of Elementary that I've seen there seems to be a ton of really quiet talking in that, too.

Also for the fact that the episode preview was so Bear-centric, I am very unhappy with the amount of Bear utilization so far tonight. Better step things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom